Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    It really is annoying. More (normal) male clothes please!

I want to complete all aspirations but... there are too many left :sweat_smile: Next legacy maybe ^^ (Yes, I already plan the next one :joy: I have three different ideas for the founder).

I LOVE the erratic trait! So much fun to watch a sim with this trait <3

I think it can be compared with the fish thing. Some vegetarians eat fish and some don't. But they have a different name tho.

When I started the practical part of the teacher training I was worried if my piercings (2 in each ear) would be a problem. They are all ok. But in the face? I doubt that would be ok.

Adonis brought some awesome genes into the family! Maybe all your elders will look young from now on. Unlike Gal :#

Maybe Vlad's genes are only dominant with other premades?

Next gen I'll keep a vampire around as well :D It's not cheating :p

Nope, I won't get the point for all careers maxed. I honestly think some of the score goals should be amended as there are a lot more aspirations and careers now compared to when the rules were written (base game...).

Ah that sounds like a nice mod! I stopped downloading CC and mods tho. I won't go vanilla but I don't want to add more stuff :sweat_smile:

New chapters:
    A bachelor(ette) must be the best thing for a jealous sim :D

I like your idea about the no challenges! It's so true that a lot of luck is included.

Breaking the 4th wall is too cool :D

Emmy's plan :joy: Way to scare a man away lol

I should have read the others' bios. I had no idea Phoebe wants to be a doctor as well :#

The spring water ALWAYS turns gross when you least need it -.-

The bat joke :joy:

How could I miss that Rowan has purple eyes? So pretty! That makes the weird wink ok again lol

Aaaaand I have a favourite: Melissa. Pregnant Rowan, we NEED to see this :D

What an evil cliffhanger! :o
  • Options
    kkira555kkira555 Posts: 102 Member
    So how does one submit a sim for the bachelor/bachelorette thing?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    I'm so glad to hear that you're going to do another legacy after you finish this one! I'll be excited to see who your next founder will be Might be interesting if you used your 10th gen heir - or one of the premades... Now I want to know your ideas :D

I think I might manage to complete all the aspirations and skills, but they keep adding more so maybe not. But I doubt I can do all of the careers so part of me wants to just give up on making my sims get jobs and have them work on aspirations/skills instead. You're right, this point for doing all of the careers was probably a lot easier to achieve back in the beginning but now with so many more jobs it's so difficult to do in 10 gens.

The erratic trait is fun - I never played it properly before Caly so thank you for helping me appreciate it :)

I think vegetarians who eat fish are called pescatarians (if I spelled that right lol)

Hmm idk I think I just got super lucky with Vlad. I've had like 2 good looking kids from him (including Galatea) but then I have had over 100 kids from him overall including my 100 baby so I was bound to get some good ones eventually haha.

Poor Gal. That pale skin isn't a good look on elders :#

Yes! Get yourself a vampire to exploit help

I know how you feel. I am so bad at keeping up with updates so I have no CC and only a few mods! I'm probably only keep Zero's mod for NPCs in for the bachelor challenge so I don't have to worry about updating it later on.
    The problem is that sims with the jealous trait don't seem to act jealous until they have a spouse. So Rowan won't act jealous in the bachelor challenge :( once his new wife gets home though he will be freaking out every time she talks to someone who isn't him (I tested the jealous trait out recently to check this). Should be interesting!

I might end up regretting it because it means I have to write more dialogue for everyone haha. I came to a sort of compromise about challenges which I think works well but you'll see that on day 4 and can decide then haha. Yes I have played day 4 already... Now I need to write the chapters for days 3 and 4 :D

Don't worry about Phoebe and Emmy both wanting to be doctors - it was nice to have a reason for a bit of competition between them! And it'd be nice to play this career because I haven't in a while.

Yeah Rowan has purple eyes! Acacia got purple eyes too and Oly got red eyes (Adonis has purple eyes and sims with purple eyes can have kids with purple or red eyes). Was a bit surprised none of them got blue eyes like Gal.

Ok it's sorted. If Melissa wins Rowan gets knocked up :p

I had to introduce some suspense somehow haha.
  • Options
    @kkira555 thank you for commenting! Here is a link to the casting thread. It's currently closed since I have all of the girls I need for this generation's bachelor challenge. But it will open again when generation 4 begins :)
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    I just can't help it :D I have no idea how much time I'll have to play and write next school year tho (more lessons then) but I will try my best :) I put my three ideas in the spoiler :p
    Potential founders:
    Freddie Mercury
    my simself
    Don Lothario

Freddie would be a vampire to keep him around until the very end B) Maybe I would do the same with my simself.

You complete a lot of aspirations! Way more than I do each generation so your chances are huge to complete them all! But yeah, the thing with adding new aspirations all the time doesn't help :sweat_smile:

You're welcome :) It takes some time to love the trait but once you do, favourite trait <3

Yeah it sounds similar to what I remember ^^ If I should ever go veggie, I'd still eat fish. I love salmon too much :#

But not all of his kids in your 100 baby challenge were ugly :p

So true, Gal looks ancient ._. Maybe that's why Vlad is a young adult and not an elder :joy:

I still have one vampire aspiration left anyway ^^ But it's too late to complete too much by now... Tho I'm pretty close to 80 points anyway B)
    The worst part about the jealous trait is when your sim or their spouse is at work. Tense the whole time! -.-

Playing ahead is always a good thing ;) I do this all the time :D Can't wait to see how you manage the challenge thing!

The GTW careers are a bit of a pain when you have a full household tho :sweat_smile: Either you abandon the career or the other 7 sims :D

How could I miss that? :O
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Whenever you get time to play I always love reading your chapters so I'll be waiting for them!
    I love all of these ideas! Freddie or your simself would be especially awesome. I'm kind of leaning towards your simself as that would be a really cool idea. Btw I loved how you included her in your challenge and she is so pretty!

I guess I'll see if I manage to do all the aspirations. I would love to manage it!

I love salmon too - smoked salmon is the best :)

True, a few of them escaped the ugly stick. Well, maybe one or two haha. Kevin was the best imo.

I can't wait to see how many points you get overall! The scoring does help make gameplay more fun sometimes I think - at least for me. That and actually writing up the chapters so you have something to look back on.
    I remember that about the jealous trait. I think they've toned it down a bit though. They used to get tense pretty much as soon as their spouse left the same room but now it takes a few hours before they start to get jealous.

It's not that exciting and I wonder if my solution will be a bit disappointing but I'm going to try it this time and see how things work out anyway :)

Yeah that's true. If Emmy or Phoebe win I probably will only actively play the doctor career like once just because I need to focus on the other sims too.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Sad to see the first contestant go.
    Hopefully Jane finds her special someone.

Loved laughing at Rowan thinking with his "Little Rowan", especially around Valda. Also, Adonis is super creepy watching his son's party from outside.
    Ok it's sorted. If Melissa wins Rowan gets knocked up. :p
    Loving the idea of a Pregnant Rowan if Melissa Wins
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Aw man.
    Jane already wiped out :c I was so happy to see her back after she had to leave my Tarzan Bachelor Challenge. I really liked her back then, she’s a weird funny girl😂

Love the idea about Rowan getting pregnant if Melissa wins. Would be extra funny because June (the one who won the bachelor challenge with Zolnax) was also my sim 😋 But hopefully Melissa is a better mom than June was… 😂 well at least Melissa knows about the actual human life where June didn’t.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 I know, I hate kicking people out :'(
    I hope so too! I have MCCC although I have story progression paused for the duration of the bachelor challenge since I also have aging off at the moment. But after the bachelor challenge ends, I will switch story progression back on again and hopefully all of the past contestants will find love.

Rowan is like a hormonal teenager and after seeing Valda in that lingerie who can blame him ;)

Adonis was genuinely standing out there for hours. It was very weird!
    I think a pregnant Rowan would be fun too! I wonder if it would give Vlad flashbacks to his alternative life where he gave birth to 100 kids (over 100 kids actually) in my 100 baby challenge haha
  • Options
    @Skeilah
    It was sad to see Jane go so early on :( she just had a bit of a disastrous second day. I'm sure MCCC will fine her a good match though!

Oh yes June was your sim wasn't she? Btw I love June so much! Rest assured, if Melissa wins she won't have to go through pregnancy :p since this isn't an ISBI hopefully she would be a good mother in my game as I could control her - although I am often not too great with my sims' toddlers... They tend to be dirty/stinky most of the time :D
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    It'll be awesome to start from scratch again. All the premades around. No money. Now I want it, later I'll complain :joy:

Thank you! :) Yeah, I honestly prefer this idea as well. Is it selfish? :sweat_smile:

My dad has a recipe called "Caipirinha salmon". He grills it and adds lemon slices inside (cuts) of the salmon! Love it soo soo much.

Kevin is such a unique looking sim! If it wasn't for the eyes, he'd be perfect imo.

The scoring is a great motivation and it keeps you busy. Otherwise it would get boring the second the family has more than 100,000 Simoleons.

That's good to hear. The jealous trait was exhausting. Maybe I'll give it another try soon(ish).

Then you can say "I tried it but it didn't work for me." and that's totally fine.

New chapter: :love:
    The site is still loading but I have a bad feeling Emmy will go home :sweat_smile: Oh it's Jane :'( She needs a Tarzan!

I might steal this "find out who'll leave the challenge next chapter" thing :p

I totally get the door locking thing. The mansion is cool and all but way too big :#

Confess attraction can be so dangerous! So there are moments it doesn't turn out awkward? Good to know lol

Scheduling bathroom breaks sounds a lot like Emmy :joy:

When you click the mailbox you can change the whole household's clothes in one go :) Easier than changing every sim individually.

How did Adonis get this beard? :o

AH, I can't like the chapter again -.- It worked the last few times tho :)
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Having no money is actually kind of fun (in the sims, not irl obviously!) I looked back at my chapters where Vlad and Caly started with nothing and got pretty nostalgic.

No, it's not selfish! I think it would be so cool to do a legacy with yourself as founder :)

That sounds so nice!

Yeah Kevin did get Vlad's eyes... But I think overall he did fairly well!

Maybe I will end up getting really frustrated when I play the legacy part and Rowan is having jealous fits all the time. We shall see haha.
    Poor Jane :( I hope MCCC sets her up with someone nice. I have notifications switched on with MCCC now so I should know if she gets married. But I have story progression switched off until the legacy part begins again.

I love the mansion so much! I don't think it's too big, the sims are just too dumb :p

Yeah I wouldn't have chosen confess attraction on purpose because it can be risky but it turned out well for Rowan when he did it autonomously.

I did NOT know that about the mailbox!!! Thank you so much, I'll definitely do that in future. Although I am still pretty sure that a few of them were in their party wear and then tried to shower and changed into their everyday clothes because I can see they were in party wear in some of the first screenshots of the party (for instance Britta and Rhianna)

afai1261 asked me to give Adonis that beard because she thought it would suit him an elder - so I did and it does!

My wordpress is saying you liked the chapter but that's so weird that you keep being unable to. Is it just with my blog? I wonder if my wordpress site is bugged somehow.
  • Options
    Oh boy
    Melissaaaaa ;-;
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited July 2021
    @MaggieMarley @Queenarella
    My wordpress is saying you liked the chapter but that's so weird that you keep being unable to. Is it just with my blog? I wonder if my wordpress site is bugged somehow.
    On my desktop computer, I am often unable to Like a post under a chapter in WordPress ... and I can only Like it in the Reader overview.
    On my little laptop I have no problems....
    I'm therefore wondering if it has anything to do with the security settings. That one should allow pop-up messages.

I mention this because I do not think it has anything to do with MaggieMarley's WordPress website.
    I have not researched it further because I have found another way to work around the problem by using the Reader overview.

NB: Thanks for all the kind comments about Jane <3
    It was clear that she and Rowan were not a good match so I was not surprised.
    I still think she should marry the microwave :joy:
  • Options
    @Skeilah
    I'm so sorry for the cliff hanger :D I am so mean >:)

@MonaSolstraale that's interesting, thank you for telling me :) I don't think I've come across this when reading other people's chapter but it's good to know it's probably not an issue with my WP site!

Aww I thought Rowan might take to Jane because he's used to erratic sims but sadly it wasn't to be :( lol I'm afraid that microwave ain't leaving the bachelor mansion :p
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale At first I liked everything in the reader option, too. But then it would literally kick out my like :sweat_smile: It's not just Maggie's Wordpress, it's with every other chapter I read as well :sweat_smile: Sometimes it works tho.

@MaggieMarley
    That's true. Maybe I'll try the extreme start, too but it looks sooooo hard :joy:

I think someone has done this before. Or it's its own version of a legacy? I'm still not sure if I'll use my simself tho :sweat_smile:

Now I can't wait to see Rowan's jealous fits :sweat_smile:

The notifications by MCCC are so interesting! I couldn't play without them anymore :sweat_smile: In ts3 the newspaper did this. That was really cool.

I might build a smaller one soon :p I have a bit of extra time now that the school year is almost over :)

Great to see I can help :) There are a few MCCC options on the mailbox that can be quite helpful. I usually just use the clothes changing one tho.

Ah that makes sense! I thought the game gave him the beard out of nowhere :joy:

No it's with every blog I follow :sweat_smile: But as long as you can see them, it's ok :)

Day 4:
    Haha, isn't it great when the sims' facial expressions tell stories? ^^

Angler fish are so scary! Aren't the real ones meant to live like at the bottom of the ocean where we no basically nothing about? :sweat_smile:

Yay! Emmy won something :love:

Love all the competitive comments :D So real and close to the real bachelor lol

Britta and Phoebe :joy: Awesome!

Sims can group build a bigger sand sculpture? :o How cool is that? Oh no, it's a clipping thing :joy:

Yas, Emmy is save :) I have no idea who might leave today :/

I like Rowan's suit :#:joy:

Cliffhanger ._. I guess it'll be Jackie maybe? Or Melissa? NO idea at all.

By the way, I can like this chapter :)
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    Haha I did the extreme start but I didn't even get a point for it because it only counts if you do it on a 64 X 64 lot and I didn't realise that!

I quite a few people do legacies with their simselves but it's still a really fun idea. I don't know if anyone has blogged a legacy with their simself as founder. I'm sure whoever your founder is your next legacy will be awesome!

Me neither :D

I wish there was a way to just get notifications for certain specific sims... I just don't want to be flooded with notifications for all the other townies but I guess I will have to put up with them.

I just saw your new bachelor/ette mansion that you put on the gallery and it is so beautiful <3 I might have to steal it for next generation (will credit you of course)

No haha I would be so mad if the game could give my sims facial hair without me allowing that.

Good to know it's not just my blog!
    Yeah that's angler fish! So I guess technically they shouldn't be near the surface just jumping out of the water.

Yep and she got a really valuable piece of treasure too!

Glad you like it. They actually all have good relationships with each other but it's funnier this way lol.

Yeah it was just a mega glitch.

I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure if it was a bit unfashionable but I think it suits him. I am so bad with male clothes...

I think I'm going to make these cliffhangers a regular thing... Gotta actually write the next chapter but I've been playing ahead :#

Thank you!
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    Oh right! There's this extra to the extra :sweat_smile: Then I won't do it. 64x64 are too big for my computer to handle.

I haven't read a simself legacy so far but it kinda sounds familiar. There's still some time left to think about it. But so far my simself is in the lead. Probably as a vampire tho :p But starting out with a vampire is extra hard, isn't it?

Totally agree! One thing I'll never turn on again is the notifications for moves. Nope. All the newly made townies moving into houses/flats. My computer hated it. So much lag.

Thank you! I worried it would be too old-fashioned :sweat_smile: It's smaller and should have less loading time :)

Just imagine you play the bachelor and suddenly your elder sim runs around with those weird sideburn beard things :joy: Who decided it's a good idea to add them into the game in the first place?

Nah it's an overall problem for me... I always used the like star to see where I am in reading up but doesn't work anymore.
    Luckily angler fish don't do this in real life o.O

What a lucky sim! Worth a thousand Simoleons!

Haha, that's what I always do as well. They're all friends in game but not in the story :p But a bachelor without a cat fight would be... boring.

You're not bad with male clothes. There's just a huge lack of male options in CAS!

The cliffhangers are brutal but I really like them! Might steal them :p

• Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,390 Member
    @MonaSolstraale At first I liked everything in the reader option, too. But then it would literally kick out my like :sweat_smile: It's not just Maggie's Wordpress, it's with every other chapter I read as well :sweat_smile: Sometimes it works tho.
    I also get kicked out if I do not update Reader every time I have either posted a Like or written a message. Otherwise I can not send a new Like
    I have now tried to allow Pop-up windows from wordpress.com in the settings of my browser. (Microsoft Edge)
    I will return if that helps.
    @MaggieMarley It is not my intention to disturb your thread with insignificant messages :flushed:
    I promise to stop here ..... unless I find a solution ;)

• Options
    @Queenarella
    I worried about using a 64 X 64 lot for the same reason. Also I wanted to use that lot in Willow Creek because it's surrounded by a lot of collectible spawners! Was still fun starting from zero funds though. I remember they had to try for a baby in a woohoo bush in the bluffs and
    Caly couldn't even afford a pregnancy test.

Ugh talking of computer problems I think I might need to downsize the house because in the legacy house I am getting so much lag :( but not in love mansion which is smaller. It sucks so much because I love the house that you made for them, it's so perfect <3 I have a good gaming laptop too so I don't know why it has these FPS issues with bigger builds. But I don't know, maybe I'll end up putting up with the lag because the house is so nice, I don't know if I could find one as good!

If you make your simself a vampire that would be awesome, you could watch over your family for 10 generations! Eh I think starting with a vampire helps a lot actually because vampires are less needy than normal sims... Although obviously there is the sunlight thing. But you can build up their XP and get them immune to sunlight pretty quickly!

Ah actually now that you mention it I remember that I did have notifications on for townie marriages and births initially but when they all came in that was giving me major lag and that's why I turned them off. I THINK that was before I upgraded my computer though so I hope it doesn't give me lag this time.

No, it's not too old fashioned it's beautiful <3 as always I am so impressed by your building skills.

Lol if Adonis turned up with sideburns I would freak :D
    I stay away from the ocean though so I'm fine either way... I don't remember the last time I was in the sea. I always find wondering what's swimming in there with you a bit freaky.

Sad I don't get to keep it because it was rare too.

Love the catfights!

I was really hoping that CoL would give us lots of new male CAS but doesn't seem like it's adding much in comparison to feminine clothing as usual :(

I got the cliffhanger idea from Love Island so feel free to use them too - although I have a feeling I will regret saying this when it's my sim iin the final two in your challenge lol.

Speaking of cliffhangers I really wanted to start on the next chapter but imgur is being annoying about uploading pictures. Hopefully it gets over that soon.
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale I wonder why I'm not having these issues on my WP. Weird. WP is a bit poorly designed in general though I find - or maybe that's just me being technophobic! No don't worry about discussing WP in this thread, I don't mind at all :) they're not insignificant messages, it's useful to know about this stuff!
  • Options
    Ugh I can't write the next chapter because imgur isn't letting me upload pictures. I've tried only uploading a few at a time but every time some of them fail to upload. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    Ugh I can't write the next chapter because imgur isn't letting me upload pictures. I've tried only uploading a few at a time but every time some of them fail to upload. Is anyone else having this issue?

I haven’t looked at it yet but I saw some people struggling with it too. Maybe you could try using something else than Imgur?