Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2024 how would you feel?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'll feel like what I predicted is exactly what happened.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

I can't say I would care one way or the other really. I still only own 3 EP's so there's plenty more for me to discover down the line when I feel like freshening my game. I was late to The Sims 4 so I've only been enjoying it for the last 3 years anyway.

Good thing for me is that overtime they have changed their pricing and introduced the bundles so I am getting better value than if I payed for all of them full price on release.

I don't think I'd realised that it had been 6 years since the release of The Sims 4 so I suppose this is the longest stint without a new iteration hinted at.

It seems quite a few people would be okay with The Sims 4 continuing if only to avoid having to purchase all of the additional content again. With the amount of DLC we've seen with The Sims 4 I can understand why they would feel that way.

Like another user here said, I would hope that with a possible The Sims 5, that they restructure how they make their additional content available. Any of you that have purchased every pack have definitely spent in the region of £600-650, not including special editions/bundles etc.

I suppose you can look at it from the point of view that is one of few games where you can probably come away feeling like you have gotten value for money purely through continued play-ability, but this is often based on our own creativity.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    J23_HJ23_H Posts: 2 New Member
    Please don't make a sims 5. I've spent a lot of money on sims 4 and I'm worried that if you created a sims 5 I would be very hard to play sims4. If you do make a new sims game I would not be able to play it because its too expensive.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    If paralives comes out, that's what I will be doing. I say bye to The sims 4 and their new content. I am only sticking around now, cause I love The Sims, not The sims 4.
    I am not going to play and buy packs of The sims 4 until they decide The sims 5 can go in the spotlights. There is something better out there, so I go for that.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

By then both Sims 5 and Paralives will be out.

And also whatever life simulation game Paradox Tectonic might come out with.

Seriously, the competition would only make this a win-win situation for life simmers. If you read the comments "out there" where EAxis doesn't have control, there are a lot more people fed up with TS4 than what is portrayed here. If Paralives and whatever life sim game Paradox Tectonic may come out with are released ahead of TS5 and is much better, while EAxis continues to spew more half-baked packs for TS4 and dragging its life cycle on for more years than it deserves, then the competition will be able to capture that huge market of simmers who have been waiting for so long. An added plus is that EAxis will no longer be able take them for granted thinking that their product is the only option these frustrated life simmers have. For example, if they make TS5 an online mulitplayer game, most people won't care and just get Paralives and/or the Paradox Tectonic game. I even bet many people who say they enjoy TS4 and say the won't move on probably will buy these games if they are so much better.

• Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I will be very dissapointed if there won't be a new part by 2024. The age of a game is a non-factor to me, I just don't like ts4, so in 2024 it will be 14 years since the last life simulator I enjoy. Even elder scrolls come out more often lol.
    I am looking forward to competition, but paralives is nothing but promises, so I don't really believe in it. Sims exist for 20 years and there are still no competition. At this point I'm starting to believe consipary theories about EA working to make it this way. I believe and wait for paradox but as far as I'm aware that will be a somewhat difftent genre.
    I really love the first three parts and they still entertain me, so I don't really [i]need[/i] a new part, but I can't help dreaming how cool could it be, how much could be implemented with current technology and experience if done properly and with soul (because there are more than enough people who are ready to give more than enough money so that's not an issue). Honestly, I would gladly purchase even a good mix of first three parts with bug fixes - screw actual innovations.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    You know, I wouldn't care. If Sims 4 somehow suddenly became a game I enjoyed, if they managed to fix the awful AI and the personality-less emotion system, I'd be happy. Then again, I'm so over the modern video game paradigm of selling a super expensive basegame and then selling microtransactions on top of that, with even more DLC to boot.

OTOH, I am finally getting around to Beamdog's ports of old infinity engine games and enjoying living in the past, back when the goal was to make engaging video games, not good-enough-to-sell-microtransactions games.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Between Paralives and Animal Crossing and Sims 5 going to be online, I'll probably be skipping it honestly. I tried the Sims Social, the Sims Mobile, and Sims Freeplay and got bored of it. I rather stick to a more mature Animal Crossing game than a "safe space" Sims 5 game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    been playing these sims games since 2005 so yes will still be playing in 4 years time.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2020
    When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

There is no competition with a game without release date.

This project will need years to be developed, building house is the "easy" part. But people want to play with smart AI.
    Life is hard sometimes, the events change the plans of developers and the project may end in the trash bin. Sadly it happened to many projects.

Be sure if Para lives become popular, a big publisher will acquire the studio and the story will end like Maxis (Cash machine) or Bullfrog (Closed). In both cases the genius who created the studio left the company.
  • Options
    When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

There is no competition with a game without release date.

This project will need years to be developed, building house is the "easy" part. But people want to play with smart AI.
    Life is hard sometimes, the events change the plans of developers and the project may end in the trash bin. Sadly it happened to many projects.

Be sure if Para lives become popular, a big publisher WILL acquire the studio and the story will end like Maxis (Cash machine) or Bullfrog (Closed). In both cases the genius who created the studio left the company.

Independent game houses have often surprised everyone with the great games they produce with much fewer resources than their bigger counterparts, so let's encourage him instead rather than predict doom and gloom. I really don't want EAxis to be the only option out there anymore for the life sim genre.

Also, I don't think Alex Massey would be foolish enough to sell his soul to the devil. I'm pretty sure he is aware of what happens to game studios that EA acquires and then spits out for profit. I'm still not over Pandemic being closed down by EA....*choke* *sob*.... He can always go to other game publishers that don't do that. I personally like Rockstar and 2K Games both of which are under Take-Two Interactive. I really love the games they've published and their game studios are still alive and thriving! There are also mid-sized game publishers out there who treat game studios much better - he can go to those as well.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2020
    Also, I don't think Alex Massey would be foolish enough to sell his soul to the devil.

Money is money, when you want to finance the new projects in your life, the devil is always welcome !

Take-Two is too small they can't acquire it. Microsoft is the next choice after EA.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Also, I don't think Alex Massey would be foolish enough to sell his soul to the devil.

Money is money, when you want to finance the new projects in your life, the devil is always welcome !

Take-Two is too small they can't acquire it. Microsoft is the next choice after EA.

No, money is not money at all costs. When there were rumors that EA wanted to acquire CD Project Red, CDPR fans raised an alarm and BEGGED them NOT to be bought out by EA. As a matter of fact, there is a very long running thread in GOG (more than 20,000 entries) titled "Do not get bought be EA" warning CDPR how EA destroys the game studios it acquires and their games, to stay independent, to not be fooled by what EA might promise them. This is why I shop at GOG first for games and buy them there, then shop at Epic and Steam if the game is not on there. I want them to stay as independent as possible.

I will also do the same for Alex Massey/Paralives. I really do want that game to succeed and remain independent from the constraints of bad game publishers.

Also, I don't think he NEEDS to go to the biggest publishers - he just has to go to the ones that will respect his work rather than destroy it for profit. I really do like Rockstar and 2K Games publishers because they publish excellent games and the game studios that create them are still around. I also like Paradox Interactive but I think they are already coming out with their own sim game under Paradox Tectonic.
    Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Keep it as one game, but update it often, do major overhauls, and add good packs. That way we don't have to start from scratch when the new game comes out.