Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2024 how would you feel?

How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I still play 2 and 3 so I definitely expect to be playing 4 in 2024. Whether or not it's still being developed. That's if the good Lord sees fit to keep me around. :p
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Given that I still play 2 and 3 in addition to 4 on the desktop and Freetime and the mobile version on my phone (when I actually have time to play--unfortunately, real life has a habit of limiting that), unless something drastic happens or unless I lack any free time to play anything at all, I don't see myself not still playing Sims in some incarnation in the future. I'd likely even still play Sims 1 if it was possible to play it on my current desktop or made compatible to play it on "newer" hardware and operating systems.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'll sure still be playing it 🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Why not? Quite a lot left to explore, so more than happy for that. Besides, if it means Sims 5 is more fleshed out for those who are desperate for it, to try and quash complaints, why not?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'd be very angry...This game has over stayed it's welcome...but I would still be playing but still relied on mods..could never play vanilla.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I'd be fine with it. I'm absolutely not interested in Sims 5, so Sims 4 can go on forever for all I care.

Yes it has a lot of flaws, yes TS2 and TS3 are way better, but I've spent so much money in Sims 4 already that I don't want them to move on. I want the game to improve and it has been.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'll probably still play Sims 4 because the next level will have a whole new sets of problems & require a whole new advance computer game machine to play it.
    NO THANKS TO SIMS 5.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm also looking forward to taking advantage of all the awesome mods and custom content. I only use UI Cheats now because I don't want to deal with all the updates.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'd be feeling happy about plenty of interesting new packs and to not have to start on basics again so soon

but then again I don't expect them to halfass them packs

id also be happy because if ts5 comes out 2025 I'm sure it'd be much more fabulous game due to longer time in making (assumed they are working on it) and technical development (also 5 +5 just sounds good)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im hoping for it to be honest. i like the game, and i dont want it to end any time soon
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I don't care about the age of a game, as long as it's still solid. And frankly, even if Sims 5 came out by 2024, I'd still be sticking to Sims 2 & 4 for the time being. Why start over?

If Paralives is released by then though, and it has better witches than Sims 4, then I'll be jumping ship.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'd feel fine. I'm having a great time with The Sims 4, having just passed 5700 hours in-game. Besides, I'm in no real hurry to go back to playing the waiting game for the things that I find essential -- pets, vampires, weather, college -- to be reintroduced. I've done that too many times. As for playing a "ten year old" game, I still play Wasteland, Fallout and my all-time favorite game Baldur's Gate to this day. Why would that bother me, particularly when juxtaposed with a piece of vaporware such as Paralives?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I was still playing Sims 2 up until I got my new computer a few months ago and that one is nearly 16... so I don't care about that aspect at all. If they add to and improve the game to keep it playable, then great. Actually, given that there were bugs with Sims 2&3 that were NEVER fixed during their run, I'd say more time is better. It would be great to have a Sims game that has no bugs when it is completely finished. I had to turn to modders to address the ones that never got fixed with previous games. Now, whether or not they use some of the extra time to fix bugs or not... we'll see.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I really don't care how old the game is and I don't buy any packs I feel aren't worth my money, so that's not an issue for me.

I'll go back to playing regularly if they overhaul babies and add some good family play. Those are the issues distancing me from the game.

I will say though, I personally don't see TS4 lasting 10 full years. I think 2022 could be the ending year, if not sooner.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020
    Well, there are still many many packs that I don't own that if bought incrementally could definitely take me all the way to 2024. However, I play TS4 on and off because I haven't found the playing style that I like in this game (which is strange because I'm usually a one family legacy style player who on occasion does rotational play). However, 2024 seems very far away, and I feel like the game would need some overall mechanic revamping to take it that far. If it's done, and done well, I wouldn't have a problem sticking with TS4. But, being honest with myself, I also know that if there isn't some riveting new integral gameplay element added, then I will get bored with this game and continue with the on and off playing. I have no problem playing an old game if it's fun.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited January 2020
    Well I'm probably not going to buy a new Sims game, since I have loads of fun with this one and I don't want to have to start over and spend hundreds of dollars on all sorts of new packs, when most of them are in The Sims 4 already.

Edit: And I'm not going to even consider Paralives until they show us something other than build mode 😒
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm fine with Sims 4 continuing to 2024 and beyond, if the pack concepts interest me sufficiently. I don't think I can bear to go through the entire process again with a 5th game. The only thing that would tempt me at this point is weather and properly layered clothing in the base game.

I'd honestly rather have a new Sims Medieval with a better sandbox mode than Sims 5. Or Sims in a different time period altogether (Regency or Ancient Roman would be my preference but one or some others would work for me).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    As much as I love the sims, I would probably convince myself to spend money on newer games made by other people. I try to play something different from time to time. Playing the same game over and over again often puts me in a state where I just play the game without really having fun.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2020
    logion wrote: »
    As much as I love the sims, I would probably convince myself to spend money on newer games made by other people. I try to play something different from time to time. Playing the same game over and over again often puts me in a state where I just play the game without really having fun.

Yeah, I am going through that at the moment. I play the game obsessively until I get fed up (and beyond, on account of my goals for the household(s) I'm playing) and then it's not fun and I have to take a break and play something else. I so wanted to do a 10 generation family but my concept got old fast because I over-played it to reach Generation 5 and I am inclined to give it a rest for a few weeks. A brand new Sims game is not going to change that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    As long as its still fun to play I will play it. And as long as its a pack that interest me, I will eventually buy it. Although for the past 2 years now I wait until a sale to buy packs due to lack of content in the EP's. Honestly, I would be playing Sims 3 if it didn't lag so bad on my computer. And I do go back and play both Sims 1 and Sims 2. But I admit I haven't played in a long while now. I have yet to get Island Living and University. And I will never probably get My first Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Moschino(whatever) Stuff.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am not all that interested in Sims 5, whenever it comes out. It will have to offer something really different for me to get into it.
    If anything, I have moved over to play Sims 2 and 3 by then. I am playing Sims Medieval currently and it's more fun that I have had in ages.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I don't know if Sims 4 can even last THAT long.....if the devs cannot put a full soccer game into Sims 4, then how are they going to keep Sims 4 going on until 2024-unless hey wan to try to fix the game engine when it finally breaks as a result of oo many packs being piled on top of the weak game engine. I'd rather have Sims 4 end in late 2021,then let people move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 is an okay gam,but it cannot have open world or complete sports teams or even CAW and CASt. I never got the chance to fully experience CASt,color wheel or open world,and I'm hoping I would finally get to experience those things in Sims 5
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    You guys and your Paralives talk kill me. Honestly lol. The videos I’ve seen are ugly and they haven’t even shown the people yet. In 2024 I can tell you right now I won’t be playing that mess.

I’ll either be playing The Sims or will have moved on from the genre entirely.

Sidenote, I will never understand coming to The Sims forum to constantly name drop another game. If this is their marketing strategy, that’s yet another reason I’m not a fan.