Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2024 how would you feel?

Comments

• Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I don't expect I"ll be playing Sims 5 unless they revamp their whole release concept and give us some things that were in EPS in the base game like basic weather, basic pets - IE, I am NOT going to pay for weather a fourth time and pets a fifth time. It would also need to have at very least open neighborhoods, the ability to place our own lots, and a color wheel or palette for players to choose their own colors. Sims 4 has less options than Sims 3 in those regards but it's far far more stable and takes less time to load and that's really the only reason I play it. If they give us even less in Sims 5, I will just stick with 4 thank you very much.

if there is a sims 5 this would be my main reason for not playing it. Granted, I've only played 4 and medieval so i've only bought seasons and pets once, but still.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Some of us have been without a new Sims game since 2009 considering that some of us (a lot of us in fact) do not see TS4 as a real Sims game.

Think about how we feel that we have to overhear that there is another pack being pushed out for TS4 and then just signing when we hear that pack is riddled with bugs and disappointment.

Oh well, we can't have it all can we?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Some of us have been without a new Sims game since 2009 considering that some of us (a lot of us in fact) do not see TS4 as a real Sims game.

Think about how we feel that we have to overhear that there is another pack being pushed out for TS4 and then just signing when we hear that pack is riddled with bugs and disappointment.

Oh well, we can't have it all can we?

:disappointed:

I hear you <3. It pains me that they are still working on this installment...give anything if they just waited a little longer with TS2 and TS3...
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I will still play the game. It's a good game, although it's not the greatest. I really like it. TBH, I don't think that I'll go to a different franchise to play a life simulation game. However, as the game is keep on growing, I hope that they could pause for a while & look for things that they really need to do to keep the interest. Besides, TS4 is not the only game I play. I play RPG, MMO, action, to name a few.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    2024 seems like a stretch. People might still play TS4 then, but for a business model it seems unlikely. My random guess is TS5 in Q1 2022 with some teasers starting summer of 2021.

They’ve really accelerated pack releases in the last couple of years so I’m guessing they’re trying to sock extra cash away to ramp up TS5 development. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'd be fine with it. I want them to take their sweet time making TS5 absolutely perfect. I do not want to be disappointed again and it better blow my freaking mind lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It's hard to say how I will feel four years from now. I'm ready for Sims4 to end simply because I'd like to play without the hassle of monthly updates. If more is done to improve Sims4 before Sims5 comes out, I won't be in a bug rush to buy a new base game. Been there, done that four times in twenty years. Plus we have no idea what Sims5 will look like so to say I will or won't take a chance with another Sims game is unrealistic. Nothing has been revealed about Sims5 so I have nothing except speculation on which to base a decision that may or may not need to be made four years in the future. If the past is any indication of my future with the franchise, I will probably continue playing Sims4 until I see the direction of Sims5 and how dlc and updates are handled.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    If I can still run sims 4 well, yes, I don't see why I wouldn't play it in 2024. The way I play, it's mostly my own imagination used to come up with story lines and using the sims to play them out. I don't see me tiring of that unless the game won't run smoothly. I also might be playing any other games within the genre that'll be released, but I think it's naive to believe that paralives will replace the sims at this stage. It's not just that we haven't seen the people, the only things we have seen are cool build videos, with nothing that resembles a ui or anything required for a working game. It just isn't finished enough for anyone to tell if it'll be any good.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I still play a heavily modded Skyrim (2011 release). Two days back, I fired up Bayonetta (2009). Heck, I still jump into WoW (2004). I'm betting I'll still fire up TS4 every now and then in 2024. Hell, with the insane amount of packs and content the devs keep throwing out, I'd be reluctant to jump to a potentially anemic TS5. Having to wait for supernaturals, pets, seasons and the like all over again sounds tiring at this point.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I also don't want to buy Pets and Seasons again any time soon if at all. I have some interest in a functional open world but not to the point of wanting to start all over with the same content.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @KaeChan2089 Just imagine if they gave us more for TS3 and perhaps a few bug fixes or even, dare I say it, allow the game to run on 64bit?

Now that would be awesome! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2020
    New game in the sense of Sims 5?
    Quote me. 2024 or 2025 are reasonable years for it. We are still far away from sims 5. They just started to develope it in 2019 or the end of 2018.
    They shall take their time because:

1.It shall be polished when it comes out
    2.What do I want from a base game. I would wait 3 years of pack and patches releases to get a descent game. Before that I will play sims 4. So actually it will take longer for me to buy the game...but i will buy it- cuz i love that money grabing franchise.

I would buy sims 5 straight on release if the multiplayer rumors are true. So many of us waited for this. Also to all of those who dont want it. Dont use it. Its an option (CEO said)

I couldnt wait to play with my mate
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

I'm in the boat of players that don't think the packs are half hearted, I personally think the EP's we've been getting are fairly solid additions, naturally I wouldn't mind development of this game up until 2024, this would give them plenty of time to add in most things players have been requesting. That being said I also wouldn't mind news of a Sims 5 release before then (fingers crossed the Sims 5 will be the definitive Sims game we've all been wishing for). As for paralives, so far the build mode looks incredible, but we haven't seen anything on live gameplay so I'll reserve my opinions until then.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Sims 4 is finally beginning to improve & has many more potential for more themes & growth.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I enjoy TS4 and would rather them work on it more and keep adding things (I mean terrain tools were late 2018 and we just got modular stairs 2019) then starting all over. I wouldn't even buy TS5 anyways until it was fleshed out more. Also I still play TS2 (and so many other old games) so a 'ten year old game' isn't an issue?
    @KaeChan2089 Just imagine if they gave us more for TS3 and perhaps a few bug fixes or even, dare I say it, allow the game to run on 64bit?

While TS3 really isn't my favorite... lord please? If they are going to keep it in their store at full price they could at least figure out a way for it to use RAM properly.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

Well, I'll play any game I enjoy, and given that they seem to be looking at how to make the sims themselves more interesting, maybe by then it would be a fun game.

Meanwhile, there are a bunch of games I'm looking forward to. Well, at least one at this point, but I'm sure they'll be more by 2024.

What I'm looking forward to is Sims 2 and 3 coming to android. I mean, if we're going to dream, we may as well dream big. I'd buy an expensive phone for that. Maybe they'll even include mod support or at least not fight someone else creating it.

Really, they'll have at least a MP spinoff out by then. I won't be playing it, but maybe it will be their next cash cow.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    If The Sims Studio would like for me to continue being positive about The Sims 4 in terms of gameplay depth, I would like for them to engage with the community a lot more. I expect:
    1. At least weekly discussions in regards to the polls they give out to us.
    2. Even more different, varied polls about the game and how things can be improved.
    3. A lot more engagement from the SimGurus/Sims Studio staff on the forums. Talk with us, ask for feedback, chat about development... anything...
    4. I am OK with surprises but all this hush secrecy is getting ridiculous.
    5. On Twitch live streams, talk about the top 10 things the Studio has discussed from the Game Feedback & Ideas Corner.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Coop_myloveCoop_mylove Posts: 15 Member
    I love The Sims. From the very first game up until now. I’ve played them all through and through and definitely got a lot of life out of them. And more to come. I’m super excited for the future though. More expansions, or maybe the sims 5. Whatever that may bring. I would still play the sims 1 if it would run on my computer. Sadly my sims 2 games are long gone. And right now I don’t financially have the means to get them all back (BUT I do want to do they some day). I still have my sims 3 games but when computer got a facelift I lost all my game’s. I was in such disparate that I just looked to the future and moved on to the sims 4. And this was only 3 months ago that I actually ever played the 4th installment. So I played the sims 3 5+ years past it’s successor. So I definitely see the sims carrying on for years for me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

By then both Sims 5 and Paralives will be out.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    If The Sims Studio would like for me to continue being positive about The Sims 4 in terms of gameplay depth, I would like for them to engage with the community a lot more. I expect:
    1. At least weekly discussions in regards to the polls they give out to us.
    2. Even more different, varied polls about the game and how things can be improved.
    3. A lot more engagement from the SimGurus/Sims Studio staff on the forums. Talk with us, ask for feedback, chat about development... anything...
    4. I am OK with surprises but all this hush secrecy is getting ridiculous.
    5. On Twitch live streams, talk about the top 10 things the Studio has discussed from the Game Feedback & Ideas Corner.

I really love these ideas @Hestia!

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    TS4 can be here as long as it takes TS5 to be an awesome game. I don't want them to rush the game because of Paralives competition. I don't want them to release a half baked game again because they think they ran out of time.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Personally, I wouldn't mind, but then, I just started getting into it. I have picked up each and every ep, sp, and gp when they were released, but didn't play hardly at all in favor of The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Now, I am finally getting into it. I'm starting to get used to how different it is compared to ts2 and ts3, and most of all, I'm finally having fun. It's no skin off my banana if they keep this one going, as long as it works.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    Honestly, I still play Sims 1/2 to this day and would've loved more packs being released at least for Sims 2/3. Sims 3 just can't handle any mroe ocntent or it will explode, but for me every Sim-gen has to have a 10 year life cycle, but better than Sims 4 is having so far... No more half-baked packs and base game, but I think Sims 5 will be released in December 2021, but I think we'll still get 2 more expansion packs in 2021 before Sims 5. Maybe the last one will be released in September
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Chazzzy whatever it is you've seen from Paralives is not the final product. If you have good eyes and go back to everything that have been shared so far there's a lot of improvemente in texture, light and polygons. You would hate Sims 5 if you saw anything they done right now. I rememeber everyone hating SIms 4 leaked pictures back then, just like that.
    And, honestly, Paralives can be a failure, but SIms 5 too. We just have to have faith in both, because I can totally play both at the same time.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I still play TheSims2, so I don't see why I wouldn't play TS4 in 2024. I am in absolutely no hurry for them to release Sims5 and to go back to a base game. In any case, I will probably do what I did for TS4 and wait for a little while for the first updates/patches/expansions/sales to be released.
    I am also part of those who think expansions have been solid, considering I only bought those who fit my gameplay style and found interesting.

About Paralives, I honestly cannot jump on that hype train. The only images I've seen so far are glorified gifs or a few seconds long video on a loop of very small building details, suggesting the development is still at a very early stage. The biggest part about this type of game is the AI that will make it a life simulation, and so far there are only promises to every Sims4 fan whining about this or that missing their game that "of course" it will be avaible in Paralives.
    It's a valid marketing strategy by the devs, but it also brings a lot of pressure upon themselves. I hope they do manage to make a good game though, don't get me wrong, and a little competition is always healthy in an industry, but it's still way too early to tell.
    We'll have to wait and see.