Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2024 how would you feel?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'd still be playing. I like this game and I don't really enjoy starting new games, I like the familiar.

If I'm not playing I doubt I'd be playing anything else, I;d just be too busy and it'd be waiting for me to return at a later date haha
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    The game engine would be ten years old.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The game engine would be ten years old.
    And?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll still be playing Sims 4 and getting the new content too if it's still being put out in 2024. I'm definitely not ready to jump into another simulation game until it's been out for awhile because I'm satisfied with this one also all the nastiness surrounding this game and others puts me off in general so I doubt I'll get paralives for some time or maybe even the next Sims game or maybe I'll just get them but avoid the forums in any future game.
    I don't agree that things are half-hearted in the least either... that's your opinion and I'm sure some others of course. Whatever though, I'm happy with my game and happy to see it continue or end so I can start modding the heck out of it.
    There are still a number of themes I want them to hit before ending Sims 4 and some of the surprises have really made for wonderful game play ... so I'm all for it to keep coming.

As for old... I play many of my old games in cycles. Even if I get tired of this one I'm sure I'll be back and enjoying time and again!
    egTcBMc.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Paralives isn’t even out yet. This comparing of games is rather annoying. Also it’s kind of unfair since there’s only one person working on Paralives.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

You're very naive if you think Paralives would be out in 2024. Based on everything they've shown, I'd say their game is not even 1% done. And no, they are not anywhere close to having a functional build mode. Ask them to post a speed build video that builds a house from scratch, using only in-game UI (instead of magically pulling things from Unity Editor). They won't be able to do it as they don't have a functional build mode.

Unless they can secure a publishing deal (i.e. receive funding to hire more people to work on the game on a full time basis), Paralives is going nowhere.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I still play 2 and 3 so I definitely expect to be playing 4 in 2024. Whether or not it's still being developed. That's if the good Lord sees fit to keep me around. :p

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    How would you feel if by 2024 we still had no new game and just more half hearted packs.I mean I get it’s a good seller but are you really going to play a 10 year old game? When there a competition out there in the form of para lives

we don't even known what that game is going to be yet I don't why so many people think its going to be the next sims game
    it could be a lot like it or it could be nothing like it all we have seen is a lot of sat dressing and the maker of the game promising everyone whatever they ask for just about
    we have yet to see if the game will have any of those things or if it will ever be finished
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am seeing what will actually happen. I'm not ready yet to switch to a new basegame. I'm still having fun with this version. Sure, not everything is what I want but mostly, I'm happy. I'm playing the game now, not in 2014.

There are ways in which TS5 might interest me. I've mentioned them in other threads. I don't just want a reboot of a previous version though even though I enjoyed those. I'm not sure that the player base wants the same things, so pleasing everyone is difficult. I don't think it would be easier in TS5. Eventually, that will probably make sense, but I'm not thinking about it now, if at all.

In particular, if it is targeted at young teens, it probably won't really be for me. At this point, I think there are a few different elements to the player base, some of which are quite different from each other.

If they want to come out with some historic themes or "civilizations", sure, I'd be interested. I'm still interested in the modern game, most of the time.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would still play sims 4. Maybe the expansions are always missing something, but with almost all of them i feel i have a lot of options for my sims. I feel i havent used like half of what i have. I dont know, but nothing is perfect, neither were sims 1, 2 or 3. So 5 will most likely be lacking something or be bad at something. And i just dont want to start it all over again.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Paralives isn’t even out yet. This comparing of games is rather annoying. Also it’s kind of unfair since there’s only one person working on Paralives.
    The Paralives team had grown. Alex the creator announced this recently.

elelunicy wrote: »
    You're very naive if you think Paralives would be out in 2024. Based on everything they've shown, I'd say their game is not even 1% done. And no, they are not anywhere close to having a functional build mode. Ask them to post a speed build video that builds a house from scratch, using only in-game UI (instead of magically pulling things from Unity Editor). They won't be able to do it as they don't have a functional build mode.

Unless they can secure a publishing deal (i.e. receive funding to hire more people to work on the game on a full time basis), Paralives is going nowhere.
    They do have a functioning build mode. Have you watched any of the videos on Alex's Paralives site? That looks like functioning build mode to me. The only thing that they haven't really decided on is what the Parafolk are going to look like. The rest of what they need to do is fine tuning. Alex is currently receiving a quite a bit of money not only from Patreon but other sources. The fact that the game is up on Steam suggests that they are quite far along in development. I don't think it will be up this year but I am pretty sure it will be up by 2024.

If they want to come out with some historic themes or "civilizations", sure, I'd be interested. I'm still interested in the modern game, most of the time.
    I would love this. While I enjoy Sims Medieval what I was really hoping for was the regular Sims game but set in Medieval times. In fact what I'd like is a fantasy lord of the rings style game with Wizards and Elves and such.

I am fairly certain they have been working on Sims 5 for a while and that the recent round of EA hirings people have been gossiping about is to ratchet up the building and testing. I am expecting a 2022 release based on what some of the Sim Gurus have said about product development for the Sims 4.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Some folks are too hasty in ushering the "completion" of Sims4, however, 2024 is likely stretching the game's development life a bit too far.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited January 2020
    2024 ? It will depend on the state of The Sims 4.

If the game is stable with a lot of new features it won't be a big deal I will continue to enjoy TS4.

If TS4 become a nightmare, I will probably go back to my first love : The Sims 2 and my tons of CC/mods.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've just heard for the first time about paralives. Went to check what it is and i dont know how people are so enthusiastic about it...
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I'd honestly rather have a new Sims Medieval with a better sandbox mode than Sims 5. Or Sims in a different time period altogether (Regency or Ancient Roman would be my preference but one or some others would work for me).
    You got a point there do you think something like the sims set in the 20’s would be cool with the flappers fashion and lifestyle thing with the big band music and dance halls ( instead of night clubs) I think that could be a good spinoff.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd honestly rather have a new Sims Medieval with a better sandbox mode than Sims 5. Or Sims in a different time period altogether (Regency or Ancient Roman would be my preference but one or some others would work for me).
    You got a point there do you think something like the sims set in the 20’s would be cool with the flappers fashion and lifestyle thing with the big band music and dance halls ( instead of night clubs) I think that could be a good spinoff.

The 20s aren't really my thing because I like older history but I'm sure there is a market for it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've just heard for the first time about paralives. Went to check what it is and i dont know how people are so enthusiastic about it...

I think it's what the creator is promising that people want, an open world with create-a-style, a much more flexible build mode, and things like seasons being standard in the base game. . I personally think that it won't be exactly the way they portray it and I think there will be complaints about the graphics.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If Paralives gives me everything I'm looking for in a Sims game and so far build mode with color wheel, resizing objects, insane customization and picking my own lot size is all there if they can get the game play right with the Parafolks I really see no reason not to jump ship. Unless Sims 4 delivers what I need in that time and they actually start trying to fix the mess they made with no personality Sims bassinet babies missing cars and no preteens since they went with another shortcut adult sized teens.

EA really should start putting some decent cash towards the Sims its a money maker and yet cant even afford to put in such basic things. People will move to what's best Sim City and Cities Skylines has proven that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    elelunicy wrote: »

it could go somewhere stardew was made by one man
    and I wouldn't mind if it was like a sims game
    but everybody's talking about it like its already great when we know nothing
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wouldn't go to 5 unless it's better than this.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don't expect I"ll be playing Sims 5 unless they revamp their whole release concept and give us some things that were in EPS in the base game like basic weather, basic pets - IE, I am NOT going to pay for weather a fourth time and pets a fifth time. It would also need to have at very least open neighborhoods, the ability to place our own lots, and a color wheel or palette for players to choose their own colors. Sims 4 has less options than Sims 3 in those regards but it's far far more stable and takes less time to load and that's really the only reason I play it. If they give us even less in Sims 5, I will just stick with 4 thank you very much.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I still play the Sims 1 which is 20 years old at this point and other games that are even older (I believe the original Legend of Zelda is what 30something?), so yeah you can expect me to still play the Sims 4 in 2024. If the new survey they just put out is anything to go on they're going to be putting a lot of effort into improving the Sims 4. Paralives or another competitor won't stop me from playing the Sims either. Stardew Valley is a competitor for Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons but I still play both.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I still play the Sims 1 which is 20 years old at this point and other games that are even older (I believe the original Legend of Zelda is what 30something?), so yeah you can expect me to still play the Sims 4 in 2024. If the new survey they just put out is anything to go on they're going to be putting a lot of effort into improving the Sims 4. Paralives or another competitor won't stop me from playing the Sims either. Stardew Valley is a competitor for Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons but I still play both.

I am a avid player of SOS/HM (though not the new ones that the NA company made they suck SO BAD), that and The Sims are my main games...and I didn't like Stardew Valley, it must be the controls...or it's just I don't know xD And it's my kind of game/
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’ll probably still be playing (building for the most part) and it wouldn’t bother me, because building functions regardless of how half-baked the actual game play is.

There’s a built-in limit to how “good” Sims 4 is ever going to get just due to the game engine and how it was designed. So everyone with high expectations of a miracle beyond the scope of the game engine are setting themselves up for disappointment.

That being said, there are still plenty of things that could be addressed from a game play perspective that would make the game feel less hollow. It’s just a matter of sticking it out and hoping they choose to work on it. In the absence of that, I’m content to take 4 more years of BB objects and let my sim set things on fire and zap annoying townies for my amusement. 😆
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I think I still would play it, I have every pack so far and even if I got most in bundles or on sale, its a good amount of money I have spent on it. And I am not willing to pay all that again just for sims 5...
    They try to improve and I feel that things are better after the big patch in december, and I still believe it will become better in the future. And the latest survey gives me hopes for a better personality and memories etc.

I play a lot of older games and I don't mind it. World of warcraft for example, I played for 13 years. I stopped because I just dont feel like an mmorpg person anymore. Or Rainbow Six Siege, it's in it's 5th year now and still new content us coming and events. I still enjoy playing it like on its first day and I wish for many years to come.
    I think nowadays it's more common for a company to keep up with the games they made, it's so easy to fix bugs now (rememver Sims 1 or 2, you had to wait for fixes until you bought the newest expansion).

Also, having an older game makes it more likely that you still can play it on your potato PC even after years. WoW i played for 8 years on the same PC and it still worked. Low graphics and lags included and of course the companies at some point have to overhaul some graphics, but its more likely you still can play.
    New games tend to look more fancy and not every PC might catch up with that, so yeah. Just my opinion^^