Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What world theme would you like to see next?

Like the title says, this poll is about world themes. The choices are based off of broad geographical regions. I thought they would cover the most possibilities people might come up with. Many cultures, nationalities, architectural styles and customs are represented within each category. I had to keep it to 10 options or less so I had to combine some regions. An “Other” option is included for regions that may have been missed.

If you’d like to go into detail about a specific culture or country you’d like to see represented, please feel free to discuss in the comments!

What world theme would you like to see next? 177 votes

Africa
5%
rudy8292BlkBarbiegalluthienrisingJennyggCeCeDotx_Always_Heart_xEnkiSchmidtDominicLaurencemika 9 votes
Asia
19%
GRIMMYWritin_RegJprp83SeshatnuittaydevRamblineRoseRavager619GrandRailModseyrambahadoerayyitsmellLittlBowBubmagalifeenstradoedearBreazonamusteniAuronoiChieftainBunny_AttackpinneduphairHopeyStarr 35 votes
Americas (Central, North, or South)
2%
catmom1987ChadSims2TaraIris94EricasFreePlayThemrsg4422 5 votes
Caribbean
20%
CK213OneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshJaiSeaKita5399alexspoom13IceyJaprilrosexbecky685xManderMurduhIsb917simgirl1010slamondastilljustme2catloverplayerKim5496simmietime06Bon06pixiejuicejcp011c2 37 votes
Europe (Central, East, or West)
12%
PlayerSinger2010robyngravessafersaviourVuloriannaliese39DoloresGreysaarlandbabe2Ceridwenabelhinha35NatachaTaquandaphoenixstar188SoapBubblePlainevilPleasantnewcrestbirdonawireRae357Themadman152Evie0602floral 23 votes
Mediterranean
20%
HowGreatThouArtVibsefruitsmisANNETTE1951Elegantblkchina1loubyloulouKiaraSims4ModsdetermigPegasysashcrash19bixtersEmmaVaneMattieMayfairLemon405lenorcaSigzy05EvaliynKarababy52sillyangel0906Simmer_chiyen 36 votes
Middle East
3%
Bagoas77TomaTeriEdieApplebyHopeCrashSassycottonMuggyQuasar 6 votes
Oceania
6%
DJQ1308Moon_WillowNivyxmock68BluelleLizzychicagoInternal_Chaossoko37Jordan061102LanieBorneJordiza 11 votes
Other region not specified
8%
TiarellaAnmirlaCinebarRoboSpongieKirbySkywalkerJoel2810mintycupcakeadele_katMovottiQueenMercyKuroiWillKDavidLoftyyTikomoimeenakshi 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Most regions vary, depending on if you're talking about north, south, east, west or central, you only have some of those options for two continents, why?

I don't want broad regions covered, I don't want vagueness. I am very specific in my wants.

I want a gothic seaside holiday location with a slightly spooky carnival, and I want it based on Brighton, England.

I would also like a neighbourhood inspired by The Shambles in York, England. Many people would recognise it as the inspiration for diagon alley in the harry potter books.

I would like some rural Australiana thrown in, both coastal and inland, and nothing Sydney related.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2018
    Asia
    Movotti wrote: »
    Most regions vary, depending on if you're talking about north, south, east, west or central, you only have some of those options for two continents, why?

Because South America, Central America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe are classified as separate regions in my country, whereas Africa, Asia, etc are not. Polls are limited to 10 options so they had to be combined if they were going to be in the poll at all. I know everyone here is a smart noodle and can figure out that continents are made up of several large and diverse areas, so I’m not going to needlessly complicate the poll with an overexplanation for each choice. The gurus seem to pick worlds based on broad geographic locations so I felt this poll was appropriate for discussion.
    I don't want broad regions covered, I don't want vagueness. I am very specific in my wants.
    I would like some rural Australiana thrown in, both coastal and inland, and nothing Sydney related.

You are free to make your own poll if mine is not up to your standards. I will gladly participate in it. Also I think some of the board’s Sydney simmers would like a word with you.

All that aside, your gothic seaside holiday location with a spooky carnival sounds dope and if it was a pack I would totally buy it.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Asia
    Asia... and it will be pretty cool if they could come up with a Far East world concept.. it can be a vacation world, or a residential world.. There're so many architectural design that is a typical Asian design, although nowadays, we're pretty much been influenced by the past colonialism architecture. :)
    For example, Shoji door/wall and different kind of floors such as tatami..
    patio-doors-shoji-doors-japanese-garden.jpg
    Crave woods wall panels
    Dragon_carved_wood_wall_panels_lucky_chinese_home_decor_large.jpg?v=1532240575il_340x270.744255348_kx6w.jpg?version=1
    Futon where we can use to sleep on the floor
    Japanese-futon-mattress-.jpg
    A kotatsu a multipurpose table/futon
    5934610.jpg
    or just a simple table where we can sit on the floor to enjoy our meal/tea
    Hanok-Korean-traditional-house.jpg
    New skills such as origami, pottery or traditional games such as congkak
    congkak-3d-model-max-fbx-blend-dae.png
    and..it will be great if it's also comes with these.. :D
    Coconut-Water-Benefits.jpgPlush-Bus-Crane-Game-and-Claw-Machine-450x450.jpg
    1*BmEIIe72K0Yvym5PoOjxnA.jpeg
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Because South America, Central America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe are classified as separate regions in my country, whereas Africa, Asia, etc are not.
    How odd.
    Africa and Asia are both well known to be made up of North, South, East, West and Central regions.

Polls are limited to 10 options so they had to be combined if they were going to be in the poll at all.
    I wasn't suggesting more options, just questioning the lack of consistency.
    I am somewhat surprised that you didn't just list the continents.
    The gurus seem to pick worlds based on broad geographic locations
    Do they? I've not noticed that they have, thus far, with all the packs I have, everything feels very US-centric, with the lonely exception being Windenburg.

Also I think some of the board’s Sydney simmers would like a word with you.
    The cockroaches know where to find the croweater.
    All that aside, your gothic seaside holiday location with a spooky carnival sounds dope and if it was a pack I would totally buy it.
    Thanks. I generally have a knack for coming up with things that are a bit out of the box.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Mediterranean
    0_18d729_1fd79bea_orig_zpsjbdvabev.jpg
    This world that is already a concept art piece for TS4 would be very welcome.
    Sailing-Greek-Islands_zpszkgcrjuw.jpg
    So pretty :love:

I wouldn't mind a little splash of Greece-inspired elements in this world. Like, the island from Mamma Mia as a private island (like in Windenburg).
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    Only Louisiana Bayou Swamps ( creepy swamps )! Just give me that and i'll be happy*.*
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    I would love something high up in the mountains, or maybe something far north. Although Oceania would be a close 2nd.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Caribbean
    Caribbean and then right after that something European, the part with mountains. Maybe Switzerland?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Asia
    @xamira99 Totally agree with everything you suggested. Especially the kotatsu! It would also be cool to see more traditional cultural outfits such as kimono, cheongsam, ao dai or hanbok. The Diwali and Caribbean updates included new cultural inspired outfits and objects and those were very well received. I hope these sorts of updates continue.

@Louise_G0325 My second choice would also be the Mediterranean. That concept art looks great. If we got a coastal Mediterranean world I hope we'll be able to use the boats and go fishing.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Caribbean
    I picked carribean because that's where I grew up I old love to see a world based off of that. If they ever make a world inspired by somewhere in Africa I hope they do somewhere like Morocco.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Caribbean
    Caribbean because my Sims need to get away from the snow. Then I love the Asian themed ideas @xamira99 posted above, especially the Build items plus the vending machines and the claw machine. Since kids can't buy food from bars, I need snack options for my bowling alleys. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Caribbean
    I was born on an island, and now in a state that has tropical-ish weather with little to no snow, so Caribbean for me.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    Asia
    @xamira99 Totally agree with everything you suggested. Especially the kotatsu! It would also be cool to see more traditional cultural outfits such as kimono, cheongsam, ao dai or hanbok. The Diwali and Caribbean updates included new cultural inspired outfits and objects and those were very well received. I hope these sorts of updates continue.

Yeah! And the kotatsu could probably reduce the utilities bill too @BingBangBingBong ! :D
    Caribbean because my Sims need to get away from the snow. Then I love the Asian themed ideas @xamira99 posted above, especially the Build items plus the vending machines and the claw machine. Since kids can't buy food from bars, I need snack options for my bowling alleys. :|

Totally agree @stilljustme2 ! The vending machines & the claw machine will be a great addition for kids... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Africa
    Africa is an extremely diverse continent with different cultures in each country but I'd love to see a South African, Nigerian, Ethiopian or Kenyan inspired world.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would like to see an open world :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Americas (Central, North, or South)
    I would really like a world based on a historic southern US city like Savannah, GA or New Orleans. It would be so pretty, and also a little spooky. This theme would be PERFECT for a witches pack.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Africa
    North America is overused already; we had Europe; we had a glimpse of Asia; a little taste of South America; where is Africa? Where is Oceania?
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    Europe (Central, East, or West)
    Im from Denmark, so i would like to see more European styles. The European styles that already is in the game is very fairytale like and i would personally love to be able to create a world more like the one i live in.

Of course i would like to see it all, but i actually often miss less American (no offense intended at all!) styles, objects, etc.
  • Options
    lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    Mediterranean
    I would love to see more of the mediterranean culture since I adore Greece. Big white buildings with blue windows, loads of flowers, small paths of stone... Some kind of way to turn Santorini into the Sims would be great! I would be happy with other countries from Europe too, I've lived all my life in Europe so it would feel cosy.

My second pick would be Caribbean, wide beaches with a beautiful sunset. I used to love the world of Sunlit Tides in TS3 so it would work really well in TS4 too, I think.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Asia
    Anything that's not inspired by California would be preferable, honestly.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2018
    As I'm still waiting for a magic pack I would love to get a magical Harry-Potter-style neighbourhood. But this would only make sense in combination with witches and wizards.
    Movotti wrote:
    I would also like a neighbourhood inspired by The Shambles in York, England. Many people would recognise it as the inspiration for diagon alley in the harry potter books.
    I haven't been to York yet but there is a shopping area in Eton that reminds me a bit of Diagon Alley too.

---

For me, many of the given options are already in the game: We have got Northern America with DSV, Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno, Southern or Central America with Selvadorada and Central Europe with Windenburg. The other worlds function like jokers, they can stand for more than just one region. I mean, what are Willow Creek and Newcrest supposed to represent? Could be something European or Northern American. The same goes for Granite Falls. Oasis Springs has quite a dry landscape with some green spots and can be used as a Mediterranean region or a Central American desert. It often depends on the architectural style of the buildings you place there. Thinking of that, Brindleton Bay could also be Scandinavian.

The only thing I feel is still missing is something Asian and something Carribean. Although I expect a beach world to come only with another holiday GP.

Personally, I don't need new worlds to be clearly geographically assignable. I want variety regarding landscape and... I don't know the word... well, I want cute dreamy villages and large cities as well as everything in between.
  • Options
    Asia
    Anything that's not inspired by California would be preferable, honestly.

Yes! As a California native, I don’t need Silicon Valley and LA following me into the game when I already have to deal with them in real life. Ugh. I was super disappointed with how they handled the Asian theme in City Living which is why I think they need to revisit it. I want to see more cultures, architectural styles, clothes and customs from around the world as real neighborhoods and not just vacation destinations. Preferably without Silicon Valley’s self insertion.
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Oceania
    I live in the desert. Not fun. This is why I am obsessed with water, and I personally think a water/Mediterranean themed world would be absolutely beautiful! I could create a world full of super rich sims, and have them in that world.