Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What world theme would you like to see next?

2...Next

Comments

• lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    Mediterranean
    @Kuroi I understand what you mean by Newcrest and Willow Creek being unlocated and therefore regulated by every simmers imagination, but for me as a northern european they still feel they lack something. For me the most european environment in TS4 is Granite Falls by its nature and the overall feeling. I love they have developed this different kind of environments and worlds for TS4 :)
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Other region not specified
    lenorca wrote: »
    @Kuroi I understand what you mean by Newcrest and Willow Creek being unlocated and therefore regulated by every simmers imagination, but for me as a northern european they still feel they lack something. For me the most european environment in TS4 is Granite Falls by its nature and the overall feeling. I love they have developed this different kind of environments and worlds for TS4 :)
    I completely understand. Let's say it like this: There could always be more worlds. :D And they should be as diverse as possible. ;)

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Asia
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Asia... and it will be pretty cool if they could come up with a Far East world concept.. it can be a vacation world, or a residential world.. There're so many architectural design that is a typical Asian design, although nowadays, we're pretty much been influenced by the past colonialism architecture. :)
    For example, Shoji door/wall and different kind of floors such as tatami..
    patio-doors-shoji-doors-japanese-garden.jpg
    Crave woods wall panels
    Dragon_carved_wood_wall_panels_lucky_chinese_home_decor_large.jpg?v=1532240575il_340x270.744255348_kx6w.jpg?version=1
    Futon where we can use to sleep on the floor
    Japanese-futon-mattress-.jpg
    A kotatsu a multipurpose table/futon
    5934610.jpg
    or just a simple table where we can sit on the floor to enjoy our meal/tea
    Hanok-Korean-traditional-house.jpg
    New skills such as origami, pottery or traditional games such as congkak
    congkak-3d-model-max-fbx-blend-dae.png
    and..it will be great if it's also comes with these.. :D
    Coconut-Water-Benefits.jpgPlush-Bus-Crane-Game-and-Claw-Machine-450x450.jpg
    1*BmEIIe72K0Yvym5PoOjxnA.jpeg

This!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2018
    Asia
    0_18d729_1fd79bea_orig_zpsjbdvabev.jpg
    This world that is already a concept art piece for TS4 would be very welcome.
    Sailing-Greek-Islands_zpszkgcrjuw.jpg
    So pretty :love:

I wouldn't mind a little splash of Greece-inspired elements in this world. Like, the island from Mamma Mia as a private island (like in Windenburg).

I would love something like that!
    A Venice inspired world would be cool! Look at this fan-made world from SIms 3:
    cFJlg2b.jpg
    STAScAw.jpg
    M3WuCTM.jpg
    qCQpLui.jpg
    WlrkuIc.jpg
    ACahOfb.jpg
    BIjb9V2.jpg
    bvj3flV.jpg
    KDPbu6U.jpg
    52kTLH2.jpg
    iC8WX5T.jpg
    KBnTtpz.jpg
    Hnq2ac7.jpg
    YCC89a7.jpg
    There is more pictures of it here: V E N E Z I A | REALISTIC VENICE WORLD WIP

Also, i am eternally in lovw with this world:
    ville_d_amore__ts4_community_worlds_project__by_hazzaplumbob-dazv2s1.png
    tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo2_1280.png
    tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oy2kg9OI1w1wuh33qo3_1280.png
    tumblr_oy2ofcQMVJ1wuh33qo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oy35metJpP1wuh33qo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oy35metJpP1wuh33qo2_1280.png
    There is more pictures of it here: LET'S BUILD A WORLD! - VILLE D'AMORE

I cant stop wondering how much architectural stuff they could include for us in build and buy mode!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Caribbean
    Like the title says, this poll is about world themes. The choices are based off of broad geographical regions. I thought they would cover the most possibilities people might come up with. Many cultures, nationalities, architectural styles and customs are represented within each category. I had to keep it to 10 options or less so I had to combine some regions. An “Other” option is included for regions that may have been missed.

If you’d like to go into detail about a specific culture or country you’d like to see represented, please feel free to discuss in the comments!

Caribbean.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Asia
    Well I voted for Asia. Actaully would like northern Europe, but since it didn't make it to the poll it seemed like a waste to pick "other".
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2018
    Asia
    @Karon
    I would also love a Venetian inspired world, or even a Santorini world as well. They are both quite iconic in terms of architecture and culture. I don’t think Maxis has ever used Greece as official world inspo, but I would be very happy if they did 🇬🇷✨
    Asia
    Well I voted for Asia. Actaully would like northern Europe, but since it didn't make it to the poll it seemed like a waste to pick "other".

No one’s vote is a waste. I read everyone’s comments and take them seriously. This was my first real thread on this forum so I apologize if my original post was unclear. Is there a specific region of Northern Europe you would like to see represented or would you want a general Northern European theme?
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    How about different regions of different countries? Like South Africa is different than the Egypt area, and Western Canada is different than Eastern Canada or Southern Ontario. I would like to see different terrain options other than dessert. Maybe a jungle theme or a water theme, island theme or mountain theme, woodland forest theme. Some different urban themes would be nice too..think San Francisco vs New Orleans.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Asia
    How about different regions of different countries? Like South Africa is different than the Egypt area, and Western Canada is different than Eastern Canada or Southern Ontario. I would like to see different terrain options other than dessert. Maybe a jungle theme or a water theme, island theme or mountain theme, woodland forest theme. Some different urban themes would be nice too..think San Francisco vs New Orleans.

I would love to include more specific regions, but the polls are limited to 10 options and things had to be tightly condensed. Thems the brakes. I know “other” is kind of a catch all option but it’s the best I could do to include everyone’s opinions.

I’m actually quite interested in the people who have brought up San Francisco and/or New Orleans since they have already been represented by San Myshuno and Willow Creek, according to the devs. Personally though, I find it hard to believe San Myshuno is representative of SF as I drive through it quite regularly and it is nothing like how the game depicts it 😅

Never been to New Orleans but it would be cool to here from those who have whether or not the devs captured that essence in Willow Creek.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Africa
    An African world would be nice for once. There are many beautiful cities in African countries that Western media ignores
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Asia

No one’s vote is a waste. I read everyone’s comments and take them seriously. This was my first real thread on this forum so I apologize if my original post was unclear. Is there a specific region of Northern Europe you would like to see represented or would you want a general Northern European theme?

I would like to see a Scandinavian themed world, perhaps with a mix of eastern Europe or a focus on Lapland. I like it when they mix up things, but would enjoy to have at least some architechture that would remind things from where I live. Asia is my second choice, but a lot of other places would be interesting as well :)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited November 2018
    Other region: Nunavut - because it hasn't been done (in any of TS' games, as far as I remember).

I'd love to have the Andes or the Himalayas (although I hate the way the camera jumps around if a lot is backed against a mountain). I'd love to have a Middle Eastern world... or how about Australian? Eventually, I hope every habitable continent gets a sim-representation.

I'm assuming JA is supposed to represent Central America, and by extension, tropical regions.

eta: okay, Greenland or Iceland would also be acceptable inspiration for the terrain (EA would love to have a volcano, no? :lol: And hot springs!), but Nunavut would encourage EA to have Inuit npc-sims.
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    > @BingBangBingBong said:
    >
    >
    > Never been to New Orleans but it would be cool to here from those who have whether or not the devs captured that essence in Willow Creek.

I've been to New Orleans, and Willow Creek is nothing like it. Nothing at all! lol I want the old French Quarter represented.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Asia
    I've been to New Orleans, and Willow Creek is nothing like it. Nothing at all! lol I want the old French Quarter represented.

Didn’t Sims 1 try their hand at recreating the French Quarter? I think they did a better job of it in 2002 compared to Willow Creek in 2014 😅

• BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2018
    Asia
    East Asian world would be wonderful, but something like Russia could be fun since it's never been done before.
    wwhe6c.jpg23wl7hj.jpg125nmvr.jpg13yqwsh.jpg
    21orm6r.jpg
    I know we got Russian build items in Sims 3, but there was never a world to go with it and, unfortunately, I never even saw one made by a community member.
    Asia is super diverse so there's a ton of other options..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2018
    Europe (Central, East, or West)
    I would love to see Czech and Slovak culture.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I would love to see the Mediterranean. A little of Greece, Malta, MonteCarlo, and Egypt.
  • meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2018
    India :'(
    edit: oof, i guess i should have voted Asia, but oh well
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Maybe because Christmas is coming, but I'm thinking of a world where it's almost always snowy, or maybe even is. Something different from all the tropical locations from 3.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Caribbean
    Having just got back from the Caribbean I had to choose it, but a Mediterranean themed world could be amazing as well. Just give me clear blue waters and I'll be happy.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Oceania
    Everything but I want a lot of lots.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Asia
    meenakshi wrote: »
    India :'(
    edit: oof, i guess i should have voted Asia, but oh well

I would also like to see more Indian influenced content as well. The Diwali update was nice, but there's so much more the devs could explore.
    Everything but I want a lot of lots.
    Same.

In general, I agree with all of you, more cultures and countries should be represented. I feel like most of the recent worlds have been heavily inspired by the west coast of the US and I highly doubt that appeals to the majority of simmers. Let's hope we get to see more parts of the world represented in the coming years.