Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your opinion on custom gallery poses?

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I like them sometimes, and other times I don't.
    I don't mind the ones that look like family portraits. Some of the 'model' or couple poses can get a bit ridiculous though.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I dislike the custom poses.
    Hate it...and it’s all the same type of sim, skinny with blonde hair and seemingly squished features...boring.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t like them because they’re distracting, and I hate it when people use them to show off sims with default replacements/cc skins or whatever because I’m not looking for cc.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Some of the custom poses are nice. Some are just weird and do not do anything for the Sim at all. I personally dont use custom poses. I prefer a more classic pose.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Some of them are very awkward looking to me. Sometimes they make me roll my eyes if every other girl sim has a come hither stare going on (but that's just overuse I think).
    I actually like the shots that pull in closer to a sims face. It helps me see what I'm getting before downloading.
    My searches are pretty specific though so I doubt it actually changes what I download much.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I dislike them. I think most of the poses make the Sim(s) look dumb, especially male Sims,

I don't use the Gallery for Sims but they're the first things that I see when I go online to check out a build by someone.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I don't care one way or the other.
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Hate it...and it’s all the same type of sim, skinny with blonde hair and seemingly squished features...boring.

There was actually an article recently that showed up on my newsfeed about basically what you just wrote. Very few ethnic Sims. My Guy has more of the Native American/Hispanic/Latino look, being part Native American myself, very few portrayed in the gallery and then people want to feud that Native Americans don't have facial hair when someone gives them a bit of growth...I beg to differ lol

Truly need more diversity, not all blonde, blued eyed teen girls.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited October 2018
    They look cool but it makes it hard to see the sim's face and other details I want when I download so it's frustrating. No thanks.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've already said my piece on this as I use custom gallery poses sometimes.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    JC1979 wrote: »

There was actually an article recently that showed up on my newsfeed about basically what you just wrote. Very few ethnic Sims. My Guy has more of the Native American/Hispanic/Latino look, being part Native American myself, very few portrayed in the gallery and then people want to feud that Native Americans don't have facial hair when someone gives them a bit of growth...I beg to differ lol

Truly need more diversity, not all blonde, blued eyed teen girls.

This one? https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/10/sims-players-want-more-diverse-options-from-fan-made-creations/

I saw your comment and searched some haha Nice to see our discussions on reddit gaining more voices!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    I tend to prefer when items have the custom poses because usually they show the sims’ faces up close so that you can actually see what they look like before downloading. The default pictures are awful because you don’t get a good idea of what the faces actually look like. Having said that, I find many of the poses a bit too cutesy and it makes me cringe sometimes.

I will say this: I have noticed that if I upload the same thing without a custom pose and again with a custom pose (just an up close shot so you can see the sim’s face), the one with the custom pose does A LOT better. This is because people can actually see the sim’s face up close with the custom pose. It seems unfair that we don’t have an up close shot of the face as an option without CC, as it really does increase downloads. It is also more helpful when you are looking for a sim to download to be able to see their faces.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's just my opinion, but I feel it creates the impression of an overly-fussy level of game customisation.

Also, I don't really have time to leisurely browse the gallery; it's a bit like when I go shopping - I go into the store, grab what I want, pay then leave again; no hanging around, no idling etc, and the custom poses slow down my gallery-ing as I find them visually distracting.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I don't like poses because usually the people who use them use poses to hide the fact that their sim is another typical skinny white girl with no chin and huge eyes. With a pose, people are tricked into thinking that their sim is super well made but in truth its a sim that anyone can make. Another reason is that I cannot see the entire outfit when they use certain poses. Couple poses are the worst. Like, where are the sim's shoes? I can't see the female sim's top because she's behind the male sim. I just overall dislike poses.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Sometime the pose deceive me into downloading a sims that's very different in the game. It also made the gallery look disorganized and distracting.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    What we really need is better EA poses.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

If there were better poses built into the game, then you wouldn't see so many custom poses to begin with.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    As has already been mentioned, poses instantly make me feel like there will be CC I don't have even if they're CC free, so I don't take the chance. I mean I get why people use them, but no. They're a no from me.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not a fan. I don’t think using them is very fair. Some are nice (the face close ups) but most of them look weird.

Now I think it would be nice to be able to zoom in on the pictures on the gallery, so we can see better, and choose the pics, and that way people wouldn’t need poses.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2018
    I do not use custom poses myself because I play without cc. But I understand them as a necessity because the gallery offers too little opportunities to display your sim in a way that suits him and expresses his / her personality. I hope that in the future the developers will add some new features to the gallery that enable us to choose our sims' poses and house's angles more freely.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wonder if it’d be possible for them to replace the individual picture of a sim with a closeup of their face like you’d see in cas. I’d be nice to be able to see what a sim looks like when they have a neutral expression.
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Honestly, I agree. I barley upload my sims on the gallery anymore, and I did test out some cc gallery poses, they were okay but yet, they wouldn't work right :| And agreed,
    catitude5 wrote: »
    and also, JC ikr. I always see the same sim but it has a few changes like, the hair and clothes. And I end up seeing twin-looking sims....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I wonder how the custom poses are going to function with the new updated Python when this pack comes out. I also wonder what that means for all the custom poses on the gallery - are those sims going to disappear from the gallery, never mind the ones we downloaded into our own libraries?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I wonder how the custom poses are going to function with the new updated Python when this pack comes out. I also wonder what that means for all the custom poses on the gallery - are those sims going to disappear from the gallery, never mind the ones we downloaded into our own libraries?

Gallery poses are .package files so they shouldn't be affected by the Python update
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah but it might if the language changes enough it could disable them - depending on how rocky language works on the gallery. The gallery has been rocky off and on for a while.

I really hope it doesn't create a lot of issues as I really like a lot of Sims I downloaded to use in my game. Guess we wait and see. I like to make many of my own lots - but I tend to use others Sims seeing I have a bad habit of making my own sims look too much like each other. So I often download others beautiful sims people to have more variety in how they look. Especially the sims in the various contest people run here. Many use the Custom poses. So fingers crossed we don't lose them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I dislike them because I find them ridiculous and annoying to look at when browsing the Gallery. To each their own, I guess.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*