Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Since you will be able to get famous from singing karaoke, I wonder if they will be adding any new songs for that?
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    Money Vaults, in Deligracy's video, seem like a very nice touch to protect your money, although it would have been nicer if burglars were present in the game and they got caught while trying to sneak in.
  • Options
    pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    Perhaps burglars will be included in the update..whenever we get that lol? *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    AnjaTheSimsFairyAnjaTheSimsFairy Posts: 14 New Member
    Everyone is like...gimme Get Famous...and I´m just here like...terraine...plz give me terraine :D does anyone know when it will be in the game?
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Can the celebrity lots traits & barriers be removed & added to other lots or are the locked in like some of the San Myshuno lot traits?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Everyone is like...gimme Get Famous...and I´m just here like...terraine...plz give me terraine :D does anyone know when it will be in the game?

The pre-EP patch, which is usually a week or less before the EP releases.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Can the celebrity lots traits & barriers be removed & added to other lots or are the locked in like some of the San Myshuno lot traits?

The doors with barriers are in the catalog to add to any lot. My guess is they'll spawn bouncers. I wonder though what happens if you add more than one door with a barrier on a lot. Will it spawn multiple bouncers?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I wonder if we can hire bouncers outside of sims homes. In sims 3, Paparazzi could be outside your window.
  • Options
    Zerican32Zerican32 Posts: 3 New Member
    I do not see anything about singing or pop star etc for get famous :(. I did not care much about acting in sims 3 but I loved the singing set up and was hoping that would be the first thing sing it already has singing and singing skill in the game. A shame really.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Zerican32 wrote: »
    I do not see anything about singing or pop star etc for get famous :(. I did not care much about acting in sims 3 but I loved the singing set up and was hoping that would be the first thing sing it already has singing and singing skill in the game. A shame really.

Hello @Zerican32
    Your sim can get famous by singing. In this blog post about becoming famous, https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/get-famous-fame-mechanic
    it says as one of the ways to become famous is :
    Your Sim can perform music or jokes at open mic night,
    and the Simgurus have posted that there are a lot of ways that Sims can get famous using the skills and careers already in the game. Your sim will be able to be a famous singer :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    When is it expected to come out, @GalacticGal? So I can take out my mods folder in plenty of time.

The EP, itself, is due to be released on November 16, 2018. I don't know when the Patch will drop. Best thing you can do is go onto Origin and disable the automatic update for your GAME. Then once we know the Patch is ready, you can go into your Documents folder and remove your Mods folder, then go into Origin and update your game. I wish I knew how long we have to play before this Patch drops. I don't.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Vitta wrote: »
    Money Vaults, in Deligracy's video, seem like a very nice touch to protect your money, although it would have been nicer if burglars were present in the game and they got caught while trying to sneak in.

I am pretty sure it would not matter if there were burglars and that klepto's that we do have can't interact with that vault - at least to steal anyway, as it appears to just be a glorified haystack for woohoo purposes if you ask me. Granted without checking it out in game I cannot verify that as fact but from what I see that is no different than the leaf piles - it's just money instead of leaves - inside a building/house instead of outside. So unless a burglars objective was finding a woohoo spot to have with their mate that vault would not even attract them.

At least that is the impression I get from it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I am pretty sure it would not matter if there were burglars and that klepto's that we do have can't interact with that vault - at least to steal anyway, as it appears to just be a glorified haystack for woohoo purposes if you ask me. Granted without checking it out in game I cannot verify that as fact but from what I see that is no different than the leaf piles - it's just money instead of leaves - inside a building/house instead of outside. So unless a burglars objective was finding a woohoo spot to have with their mate that vault would not even attract them.

I imagine the money vault will be useful for those who like to tell stories with their Sims. And maybe lottery winners will find it handy :D
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Thank you!!

I was looking at the money pile thinking “that looks familiar” and then I thought it must be the leaf piles re textured. I’m glad someone else thinks so.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018

Thank you!!

I was looking at the money pile thinking “that looks familiar” and then I thought it must be the leaf piles re textured. I’m glad someone else thinks so.

It's definitely not a new animation. They recycled from Seasons. The pod bed woohoo is also completely recycled from the coffin woohoo in the Vampires Game pack. None of them are new.

This EP recycles a lot, and I mean a lot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Thank you!!

It's definitely not a new animation. They recycled from Seasons. The pod bed woohoo is also completely recycled from the coffin woohoo in the Vampires Game pack. None of them are new.

This EP recycles a lot, and I mean a lot.

Story of the series life I think..
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Thank you!!

Does that mean the leaf piles will get fixed?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I imagine the money vault will be useful for those who like to tell stories with their Sims. And maybe lottery winners will find it handy :D

This is what I want from it. I'm already hatching plots and making plans. I really like that we have a vault door too .. or something like that so we can make a whole room a "vault". I hope we can also have some functions of the smaller vault though if we do that. I can see some money loving sim getting trapped in his vault somehow.
    Definitely going to make some money aspirations sims now also. I always avoid that aspiration... It's time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Thank you!!

Does that mean the leaf piles will get fixed?

One can only hope! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm waiting a few weeks until it goes on sale.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I have to wait for Christmas
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sounds exciting and pretty close to what I was asking for on this forum and others! So far, I can't wait to see more! Also, I was hoping that a new world came with this career as well and there is! It's great to see that with these added careers of Social Media Influencer (or um..rather Marketer) and Actor it feels like Sims4 is staying on trend with some of the most popular and glamorous career tracks right now. Btw, I hope a Future themed pack and University pack (or patch) are coming in the future before they move on to Sims5. As always, I hope there are no additional major or annoying bugs that come along with these expansions and upcoming patch.

Grant said today Sims 4 has MANY YEARS of content to come - so if I was you I would not worry of Sims 5 very much as I have a feeling those additional three years for Sims 4 may be increased. Either way with 3 more years you should see the eps you want anyway for 4 - but I really have a feeling it's going to be round much longer than people think. Keep in mind Sims 4 has no limits. It's a smart technology thing. They can just keep upgrading it like they are doing and have done - unlike past systems.

I'm not a huge Sims4 fan as I really loved open world, the innumerable options, and the multitude of content, but I'm glad that they plan to keep it around for a long time. It would feel like buying 25 blu-rays and finding out they discontinued it. I want to feel like I got my money's worth when S4 ends. I see no reason at all to move on for years on end unless they plan to use open world in S5. Open world is the only reason I would ever want a S5. There are improvements that I really love about S4

I was hoping for Farming, so this is a disappointment for me. As one simmer said, I really don't care for the fame part and personally had a hard time figuring out what they added that was new besides the set décor & new job. They did show the limo and it would be a game changer if we are getting cars like they have teased on the billboards. The career wouldn't necessarily be a game changer for those who don't use it or don't care for this type of play. The thing I like the most is the old time dress and white makeup and I'm not usually a make-up person. I guess I will have to wait to see on this one. They spoke of the houses of the rich and famous, which makes me wonder if they are adding the huge curved stairs. Hopefully, there will be more to it than just the fame.
  • Options
    SRToySRToy Posts: 6 New Member
    Very Cool :D
  • Options
    hydratedbeehydratedbee Posts: 8 New Member
    @luthienrising Ah, thank you so much! I like yours as well!!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Sounds exciting and pretty close to what I was asking for on this forum and others! So far, I can't wait to see more! Also, I was hoping that a new world came with this career as well and there is! It's great to see that with these added careers of Social Media Influencer (or um..rather Marketer) and Actor it feels like Sims4 is staying on trend with some of the most popular and glamorous career tracks right now. Btw, I hope a Future themed pack and University pack (or patch) are coming in the future before they move on to Sims5. As always, I hope there are no additional major or annoying bugs that come along with these expansions and upcoming patch.

Grant said today Sims 4 has MANY YEARS of content to come - so if I was you I would not worry of Sims 5 very much as I have a feeling those additional three years for Sims 4 may be increased. Either way with 3 more years you should see the eps you want anyway for 4 - but I really have a feeling it's going to be round much longer than people think. Keep in mind Sims 4 has no limits. It's a smart technology thing. They can just keep upgrading it like they are doing and have done - unlike past systems.

I'm not a huge Sims4 fan as I really loved open world, the innumerable options, and the multitude of content, but I'm glad that they plan to keep it around for a long time. It would feel like buying 25 blu-rays and finding out they discontinued it. I want to feel like I got my money's worth when S4 ends. I see no reason at all to move on for years on end unless they plan to use open world in S5. Open world is the only reason I would ever want a S5. There are improvements that I really love about S4

I was hoping for Farming, so this is a disappointment for me. As one simmer said, I really don't care for the fame part and personally had a hard time figuring out what they added that was new besides the set décor & new job. They did show the limo and it would be a game changer if we are getting cars like they have teased on the billboards. The career wouldn't necessarily be a game changer for those who don't use it or don't care for this type of play. The thing I like the most is the old time dress and white makeup and I'm not usually a make-up person. I guess I will have to wait to see on this one. They spoke of the houses of the rich and famous, which makes me wonder if they are adding the huge curved stairs. Hopefully, there will be more to it than just the fame.

TS4 is as far as I am going. Like RCT, one was the best and I wasted money on2 & 3 and don't play them. That's what would happen if there was a TS5 and I got it.