Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    The fact that it seems you can only go after a career in acting in this pack is really sad. We already have the singing skill. LET MY SIMS BECOME K-POP STARS DANG IT!!!!
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    @AxeEcliptica Our Sims can become Sim-pop stars :)

Sure, K-pop in a sims game would be cool, but they are basically Korean pop stars, just like Bieber is an American pop star.
  • DjentleOneDjentleOne Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2018
    A cool twist would be if you could build up your photography skill to be in the paparazzi, then take photos of the famous sims and hit all the places they might show up to get an exclusive to further advance your career. Just an idea.
    Post edited by DjentleOne on
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    And I can't help but wonder- is acting the only career? Will there also be director or musician careers? And for the acting career, is it a generic acting career or can you be a part of a specific genre, or a reality tv star? Is there a child actor option? These are just things that I'm wondering as I'm considering pre-ordering. I hope more information is released in advance, like I said before I would love to hear Simmer reviews.

I hadn't thought about a musician career! I do hope that is something they included in this pack. I love that idea, especially if we can go to work with our sims to see that. I have already pre-ordered. I needed no time for thought or consideration on this concept!

We already have a musician career -- it's one of the tracks of the Entertainer career. Maybe they tweaked that to add features, or at least with Fame it will have more purpose.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The fact that it seems you can only go after a career in acting in this pack is really sad. We already have the singing skill. LET MY SIMS BECOME K-POP STARS DANG IT!!!!

I think there's also a style influencer career -- it's being patched in for everyone but I'm sure there'll be some additional features for it in Get Famous. And I'm most excited that every career has a path to fame -- if I want to play Bob Pancakes, have him become a celebrity chef then divorce Eliza and marry a gorgous starlet, I can do that. B) It's going to breathe new life in the older careers. I might have one Sim as an actor just to see how it works, but the active careers tend to interfere with raising a family which tends to be my style of gameplay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Hi_MeHi_Me Posts: 1 New Member
    Do you have to have Sims 4 Get to work pack to get this!? I'm saying this because there is a acting job. Also I cant wait for it to come out.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi_Me wrote: »
    Do you have to have Sims 4 Get to work pack to get this!? I'm saying this because there is a acting job. Also I cant wait for it to come out.

Um... no? It’s adding a new career and new content within the pack. Just like any Sims pack (or DLC for other computer/video games).

So, no, no Pack should require another pack to access its content (well, except for that My First Pet Pack).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi_Me wrote: »

Hello @Hi_Me :) Welcome to the forums! You don’t need to have Get to Work pack to get this ep. Each ep is separate, and you don’t need one to have the other. The acting career is separate to the GTW Careers.
    I am looking forward to the pack also! :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The style influencer comes in a free pre-patch.
  • CamilamjamCamilamjam Posts: 31 Member
    This seems really interesting!
    Picture%2B012.jpg

• this-is-normthis-is-norm Posts: 41 Member
    Does anyone know if you have to be in the acting career to be a celebrity/have access to the fame perks? Or can any sim become famous? Star chefs and artists immediately come to mind, or if you own a restaurant and/or store and are super famous you'd get more customers. It'd would be nice if they integrated this EP with the other content already released.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @this-is-norm

Any sim may become famous, and there are various paths to fame.
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    Pinky7797 wrote: »
    This sounds like it could be fun! I personally dont like my sims getting famous, nor have i truly gave it a chance. Maybe in a future game ill have a famous sim. If you can get that on Sims 3 that is. ill look it up haha

@Pinky7797 You can do all of that in Late Night. :)
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Does anyone know if you have to be in the acting career to be a celebrity/have access to the fame perks? Or can any sim become famous? Star chefs and artists immediately come to mind, or if you own a restaurant and/or store and are super famous you'd get more customers. It'd would be nice if they integrated this EP with the other content already released.

We've been told that you can't become famous through an owned business, you can't have famous pets, and that there won't be an active career for children/teens. (That last specifically means that you won't have a younger analogue for the acting career. Youngsters can still engage the fame system.) We can also assume that the actor career will engage the fame system somehow, but we've been clearly told that it won't be the only way to do so.

We'll hear more about how the fame system works shortly. And while I don't plan to have many famous sims (because that kind of contradicts the point of fame), it's designed so that theoretically any sim can engage with it.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Attention SimFam! We are now less than 12 hours from the SimsCamp embargo lift (10/22 at 8 AM PT). Set your alarms because that means in approximately 11 hours and 40 mins you’ll be getting all the early tea ☕️ on The Sims 4 Get Famous!
    Twitter Link
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important dates to learn more about Get Famous!<br><br>10/22 @ 8 AM PT - SimsCamp Embargo Lifts<br>10/26 @ 11 AM PT - Acting & CAS Live Stream<br>11/2 @ 11 AM PT - Fame & Reputation Live Stream<br>11/9 @ 11 AM PT - Del Sol Valley & Build/Buy Live Stream</p>— Kate 🔜 TwitchCon (@SimGuruKate) <a href=" 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>
  • VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    I am quite interested to see the road to fame, since it has been such a long time after Superstar. I hope we get to see a few details after embargo lifts today.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

It is going to be a big expansion so I would say yes it is going to break quite a lot of CC as well @drakharis

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

You are advised to remove your Mods folder before the Patch. Other than that, I can't say. I'm just very excited as there is a possibility for a Sim to make it big as a singer. I don't know if the game allows for the same on the job advantage we'll get for an actor, but I was using mods to make this happen. So, not having to use mods and still achieve fame as a singer, and possible success has me very excited for this EP.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    When is it expected to come out, @GalacticGal? So I can take out my mods folder in plenty of time.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    When is it expected to come out, @GalacticGal? So I can take out my mods folder in plenty of time.

November 16.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    xMarianx wrote: »
    @AxeEcliptica Our Sims can become Sim-pop stars :)

Sure, K-pop in a sims game would be cool, but they are basically Korean pop stars, just like Bieber is an American pop star.

Bieber = Canadian. :wink:
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Why is it 90% set dressing? Don't get me wrong, it looks great and detailed but it is so limited. I hate how few lots there are.
    Here's to hoping the career justifies the price tag!!!
    2UFyFUV.png

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Not sure if I'll buy it finally... It looks so cheap and rushed, how can they do this after Seasons...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Not sure if I'll buy it finally... It looks so cheap and rushed, how can they do this after Seasons...

I now agree with everyone who said it should be a GP.

2UFyFUV.png