Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    WonSimmersWonSimmers Posts: 1 New Member
    > @latricenl77 said:
    > I've been waiting for the "big" announcement for weeks...am I the only one disappointed? Don't get me wrong it seems cool, but I have been waiting for a new version of University forever. 😥 #Mixedemotions #Sims4

same as me :neutral:
  • Options
    TMone54TMone54 Posts: 36 Member
    Looks Cool... but looking forward to the patch... a lot more... the terrain tool looks sweet...
    Tag line... base game only... still trying to decide what EP to buy...
  • Options
    HoodSimmerHoodSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    Get famous looks like it will be a great time and add new things into the mix that a lot of people have been waiting for! As for the terrain, I personally don't even want to mess around with it because I'm just awful at building. The gallery is my best friend when it comes to lots.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Finally my sim can be a celebrity! I'm still hoping for pop-stars I am definitely excited!
  • Options
    Emly1991PlayEmly1991Play Posts: 11 New Member
    Will social media rep increase fame?
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Emly1991Play - I read yesterday (in an article I now cant find) on simsvip saying that updating and uploading things to the social media profile would boost this.. in a way.. I cannot remember how exactly
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope the reputation system is really well done. For example if a sim has the reputation to be a casanova it will be harder for him to flirt with other sims. If it's done like that, I'll be in the paradise. With a reputation system as good as this, personalities will be improved a lot! I'm optimistic with this EP, hope I won't be disappointed.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I mean, it's great and all, but I feel like nobody asked for this? Everyone's been spamming about University and Supernatural forever, and then we get Famous stuff? Ok.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I mean, it's great and all, but I feel like nobody asked for this? Everyone's been spamming about University and Supernatural forever, and then we get Famous stuff? Ok.

I agree. I think there is a core group that EA listens to. Or maybe the players who want this stuff do not come on the forums. But the first I heard that everyone wanted this (I too thought they wanted (University) was when this came out. And I got nothing to ask for my opinion. Not my favorite thing but hey its a new pack more for my sims to do and me to try. My grand daughter (10) will most likely love it.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I agree. I think there is a core group that EA listens to. Or maybe the players who want this stuff do not come on the forums. But the first I heard that everyone wanted this (I too thought they wanted (University) was when this came out. And I got nothing to ask for my opinion. Not my favorite thing but hey its a new pack more for my sims to do and me to try. My grand daughter (10) will most likely love it.

Could they take influence from the "game changers" - full time simmers and YouTube simmers?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Could they take influence from the "game changers" - full time simmers and YouTube simmers?

That may be where they are getting the information. But basically it's a few people making decisions for many. But is that not the way the world works? Anyway after the pack is out it is the consumers decision if they buy it or not. So I guess in the longrun we get to choose. Anyway in the sims 3 they did not listen to anyone and we ended up with Katy Perry Sweet Treats, so I guess its better that they listen to some. Question what is a "full-time simmer"?
  • Options
    TMone54 wrote: »
    Looks Cool... but looking forward to the patch... a lot more... the terrain tool looks sweet...
    Tag line... base game only... still trying to decide what EP to buy...

Could not get you an EP but thought in the spirit of Halloween I would get you a Spooky Stuff Pack. Enjoy some new festive things for your sims. I will send you a message with the code.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Feedback comes in my forms. The forums where we suggest ideas, Twitter, Facebook, Game Changers, YouTubers, surveys, etc. There is also the "What do they want to work on" factor. If an idea catches their imagination, I would think it might stand a better chance of getting made. Get Famous offers acting like we have never had before. Very in-depth and interactive, not a rabbithole like in S3 or a simple multiple choice like in S1. Look at just a few of the sets shown in the first trailer. I counted eight different costumes alone which, I would think, would have at least one acting job each, maybe more.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Feedback comes in my forms. The forums where we suggest ideas, Twitter, Facebook, Game Changers, YouTubers, surveys, etc. There is also the "What do they want to work on" factor. If an idea catches their imagination, I would think it might stand a better chance of getting made. Get Famous offers acting like we have never had before. Very in-depth and interactive, not a rabbithole like in S3 or a simple multiple choice like in S1. Look at just a few of the sets shown in the first trailer. I counted eight different costumes alone which, I would think, would have at least one acting job each, maybe more.

You are very enthusiastic about this pack and I say to each his/her own and would not want to rain on your parade. I get tons of surveys in my e-mail I answer the surveys, but have not seen any results of those surveys, I am on twitter and have not seen this asked for I am on facebook same, so this came as a shot in the dark to me. Not saying it will not be all that you are expecting and I hope you are right then I will play it. Right now I think that my grand daughter who is ten and play the game with me, will be more excited about this pack than I am. That said it in no way should mean that I do not support your right to love the pack as she will. Since she likes to make stars now out of the sims she plays with. I am much older like 60 years older than she is. I play this with her for some quality time with her. She will be happy with this, as she was with the vampires which I did not care much for, but purchased for her. I am going to give it a try....But I am not thrilled as others seem to be and very confused as to where they got that it was a popular pack as what I saw was university and supernatural and farms as being the packs of choice. Maybe I am reading the wrong posts on those. But hey, thats the pack we are getting. Can't be all roses and glory. There will be some like me that want to wait and see as this was not a favorite pack. Since I respect your loving the pack I hope you will also respect my reservations as to what the pack is. Thank you.
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I could see this being bundled with the Movie stuff pack.
  • Options
    I was repeating what the devs have said as to influence of pack themes. I'm glad you're willing to give it a try for your grand daughters sake (I am 60, so not far behind you). I appreciate your opinion but there is nothing you could say to dampen my excitement for this pack. I want my sims game to be as varied in gameplay as I can get, so I get every pack. There are some that I got but didn't like at first, but playing them in conjunction with other packs, made them fun. I hope your grand daughter enjoys Get Famous, I think she will enjoy her famous sims.
  • Options
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I could see this being bundled with the Movie stuff pack.

That would make sense.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Personally, I prefer Get Famous over both. Supernaturals have never been a thing for me and I like University but being a celebrity offers more gameplay but I can't wait for University. I do see a lot about witches/supernaturals and as someone who dislikes vampires, I am really excited for Get Famous. Superstar and Late Night were popular games in the past.
  • Options
    I was repeating what the devs have said as to influence of pack themes. I'm glad you're willing to give it a try for your grand daughters sake (I am 60, so not far behind you). I appreciate your opinion but there is nothing you could say to dampen my excitement for this pack. I want my sims game to be as varied in gameplay as I can get, so I get every pack. There are some that I got but didn't like at first, but playing them in conjunction with other packs, made them fun. I hope your grand daughter enjoys Get Famous, I think she will enjoy her famous sims.

I am hoping to feel the same as you do once I get the pack. I too buy every pack. I feel they are worth the time with my Grand. I am glad I did not dampen your excitment I was so afraid that I would offend. This is a good discussion and I hope it does not get hostile. So far I have been able to express an opinion without being called names. That's why I come back and post. This ep just came out of nowhere as far as I could see and was confused as to where it got so famous. Maybe for this reason I had gotten myself excited for a University or Farm pack Thinking it would happen and then this. Once I get over the shock of this coming out of the blue I will be OK. Grand daughter will have a blast thank you.
  • Options
    Personally, I prefer Get Famous over both. Supernaturals have never been a thing for me and I like University but being a celebrity offers more gameplay but I can't wait for University. I do see a lot about witches/supernaturals and as someone who dislikes vampires, I am really excited for Get Famous. Superstar and Late Night were popular games in the past.

It really is not that I am set against the pack. I am more confused by where it came from as to being the most requested pack for this time. I know that those packs were popular but also as every pack can have annoying parts to them. I have been playing since the original Sims and had all the packs until a fire in my computer took my whole top floor of my home where my computer was. Now I am slowly building up the games again on this new computer but I have the original one installed as well as 2 and 3 and 4. So I am a happy camper. Like I said Grand daughter will love this and playing with her I will love so we shall see. I just thought that they were making a different pack. Just confused.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member

I'm 53 and I am very excited about this pack!
  • Options
    bluzkat65 wrote: »

Welcome to the oldies but goodies club. :)
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2018

Thank you! I've played Sims since Sims 2 was released. It helps relieve stress and keeps my mind occupied. Going through chemo therapy right now, so it is a great distraction. I am hoping my Sim can be a director with this pack and they have Sims version of the Oscars.
  • Options

Thank you! I've played Sims since Sims 2 was released. It helps relieve stress and keeps my mind occupied. Going through chemo therapy right now, so it is a great distraction. I am hoping my Sim can be a director with this pack and they have Sims version of the Oscars.

That would be great. Good luck with your chemo, I know it can be rough.