Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items that have been banned from your played sims households?

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    In my sim homes I place the computer(s) in a locked room. Completely locked to everyone and only unlocked for a specific sim at a time who may need it for work/entertainment (because the needs bar is too low). Couldn't handle them all fighting over it or getting mad because someone else was already on it all the time. They ignore bathroom, food, entertainment from other sources, talking to each other and a few other things in favor of fighting over those silly computers.

This is a good idea. I might try it for the doll house. So people don't destroy it all the time.

The items that are banned in my game are the high chair and the talking toilet.
    I also have very few telescopes compared to the previous sims games. In sims 2 every household had a telescope but now they are just way to big.

I agree with this one as well. Truth is, virtually every household in previous games could have a telescope of some sort and now its just so large that only very rich families can afford to have lots big enough to house them. ...and the microscopes too. If it were a small desktop thing like the one I had as a child/teen, it'd be something I give my sims all the time.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I actually forgot about fireplaces. My sims are obsessed with keeping them on all the time, which always leads to them lighting themselves on fire. And, I often forget to upgrade them to put the fireguard in place.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I completely forgot: coffee machines! If there is one in the house, I can bet a million simoleons someone will always want to make coffee, drink a cup and then leave it to spoil.

Also, umbrellas. I am so fed up with telling my sun immune vampires to put them away. Next time I play that house, they will have umbrellas! And I have to tell all of them to put them away AGAIN.

@Kathykins I hate to break this to you but even if you have your vampires put their umbrellas away and delete the umbrella rack, the next time it rains the game will automatically give them new umbrellas. Which they will then also use on non rainy sunny days. Yes, yes it is very annoying.

That's the sad part, really. The aggrivation is quite futile. I constantly see my currently non-played sims running around with the blasted thing.

The issue has also been posted on the AHQ site, so its a bug that may or may not be fixed some time.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I completely forgot: coffee machines! If there is one in the house, I can bet a million simoleons someone will always want to make coffee, drink a cup and then leave it to spoil.

Also, umbrellas. I am so fed up with telling my sun immune vampires to put them away. Next time I play that house, they will have umbrellas! And I have to tell all of them to put them away AGAIN.

@Kathykins I hate to break this to you but even if you have your vampires put their umbrellas away and delete the umbrella rack, the next time it rains the game will automatically give them new umbrellas. Which they will then also use on non rainy sunny days. Yes, yes it is very annoying.

That's the sad part, really. The aggrivation is quite futile. I constantly see my currently non-played sims running around with the blasted thing.

The issue has also been posted on the AHQ site, so its a bug that may or may not be fixed some time.
    Yup, I started that AHQ thread... Personally, I doubt it will ever get fixed, though :(
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Gnomes.. most definitely gnomes. Those darn cursed creatures
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Computers, computers, computers. Those dang sims never stop using it!! They're only in households that need them for jobs (eg: tech guru) & I only buy them when my sims are sick.
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Forgot to add the talking toilet. I have nightmares about that thing, I swear!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

It's an hidden trait. I will check this when I play again, since I don't remember the exact trait name (Something like isUmbrella_user) but if the umbrella gets added again to one of your sim, or you want to remove an umbrella you gave to your sim, the remove trait cheats works.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

It's an hidden trait. I will check this when I play again, since I don't remember the exact trait name (Something like isUmbrella_user) but if the umbrella gets added again to one of your sim, or you want to remove an umbrella you gave to your sim, the remove trait cheats works.

Thanks! I'll check it with Show Sim Info, it should list it there :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    those billblock games - they won't do anything else if there is one
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I've also had issues with the highchair, so I rarely use them.
    A lot of these items I've never had in my house.
    I don't really get annoyed about items. Probably the most irritating thing is when guests use the computer (ERR HELLO WHO SAID YOU COULD DO THAT) so I probably should lock the door of the room it's in :D:D My Sims don't seem to get as distracted by the bulletin board, or the blicblock game. Maybe my Sims are just weird that way??
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    The highchair - we all know how frustrating that is. The microscope and telescope because they look awful and take up too much space. And I think the globe bar is going to have to go soon - it looks good, but I'm fed up of my sims making drinks all the time and leaving glasses everywhere.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I can't think of anything I've out right banned from any of my Sims lots. However, there are objects that I don't use very often just because, as others have mentioned, they're so large; microscope, telescope, cupcake machine, etc. I do get rid of sinks as soon as my Sims can afford the dishwasher though. Usually not because of their water drinking obsession, unless it's a house with uncontrollable Sims. I get rid of them because of the obsessive hand washing after using the toilet.

Yes, I know it's expected in the real world, and I'd be grossed out if nobody did, but this is the Sims. What sense does it make to wash your hands if you're getting in the shower next? Especially when the only sink is in the kitchen located on the other side of the house to wash dishes. It's just an annoying time waster in my opinion. *shrugs*
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    Fruitcake is banned. It goes straight to the bin.

Fruitcake is so evil it gives my Sims a crappy mood for hours. They never seem to like it.

JasonPogo wrote: »
    For me it is the computer. But only part of the time. If I invite another sim to my house to socialize or throwing a party I always put the computer into the inventory. I mean visiting sims will ignore EVERYTHING just to go play a game on your computer...

Same! Although I lock the computer in a room. If a Sim is already in there playing something? Tough. They get locked in until party is over.

I'm sick fed up of it.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2018
    Am I the only one who loves the talking toilet? It can deal with their bladder and hygiene at once! I love this.

Nope, I am on your side, lol

I absolutely love the talking toilets. Especially for my aliens.

I don’t think I’ve banned anything. Some of the annoying items has their place and time. Only two households have the gaming rig because that’s what they’re into. I use the high chair only if there are a couple of sims in the household with the toddler.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Vampires using umbrella's on a sunny day was requested by simmers so it was patched in. It is not a bug. As this game does not allow toggles - you either get something requested or you don't. The devs were able to make it happen after so many requested it - we got it.

I like it myself as I don't have to waste a perk on making my Vamp protected from the sun now. They take care of their selves and I can use the points on something else. I was glad the devs could do that for the vamps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I can't think of anything I've out right banned from any of my Sims lots. However, there are objects that I don't use very often just because, as others have mentioned, they're so large; microscope, telescope, cupcake machine, etc. I do get rid of sinks as soon as my Sims can afford the dishwasher though. Usually not because of their water drinking obsession, unless it's a house with uncontrollable Sims. I get rid of them because of the obsessive hand washing after using the toilet.

Yes, I know it's expected in the real world, and I'd be grossed out if nobody did, but this is the Sims. What sense does it make to wash your hands if you're getting in the shower next? Especially when the only sink is in the kitchen located on the other side of the house to wash dishes. It's just an annoying time waster in my opinion. *shrugs*

Oh that would gross me out - if they did not wash their hands after using the toilet and not brush their teeth at least twice a day. I was so glad to finally get a sims game where they washed their hands automatically - after years of making my sims go back to the bathroom to do it - I will never remove a bathroom sink for sure. But on the other hand I never have sims with obsessive water drinking issue for some reason. I have one sim that seems to like a glass of milk now and then with her dinner but she's the only one I ever see with a glass of anything at home.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Having more than one stereo on the same lot, I play with rather large families and they love to turn every stereo on without the intention to dance or listen to the songs and leave the room, as soon as find a second to click on "Turn Off" both stereos, a different family member decides to turn one of them on, and the cycle continues.. I learned my lesson, never again!
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Gaming rig, stereo/speakers, talking toilet, water slide and basketball court. They all seem to be too much of a distraction for my Sims.
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    ghilie wrote: »
    vivica86 wrote: »
    The lump of clay!
    I really dislike that lump of clay. So much. Just so, so much.

Thing is I never even buy it, my Sims just some how always end up with them. Where do they even come from?! 😂
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    Wohoo bushes are banned from my game because pets get sick from them ALL.....THE......TIME!!!!

Yes! Those are no longer allowed around my household. Dogs kept getting sick and got tired of taking them to the vet.

Cupcake factory, just big and hideous. I want to make cupcakes and donuts for my kids and leave it out on the counter (as I have food doesn't spoil achievement) but that big ugly thing is not going in my house. Doesn't go with anything.

That's it because I also play with autonomy off.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't use those big oversized objects.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    The cowplant for now. When it first grew it was so fun and my Sims loved her ( called her Bessie in fact hehe) But one of my Sims was truly obsessed with her. ALWAYS going outside to play with her or feed her. He'd even walk around the house with her in his thought bubbles. One morning before I even realized what was going on he got up and went outside and when I realized what was going on I saw he was reaching for the cake the cowplant was so "generously" offering. I acted quick, went into build mode and removed the cowplant and tossed her in inventory. Sim was confused, but safe. Ugh. So yeah, she only comes out for small bursts and careful monitoring.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I wonder if it has to do with individual SIMs also. I had a Barbie doll SIM who would obsessively carve knife block set the workbench. Others don’t even know or care if there is a workbench on the lot.

I save the gaming rig for arcade & bowling alley type venues. I don’t like it in the house either!
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    I only banned sinks in my vet clinic. Can’t delete these essential things for aesthetics concerns but managed to stop my vamps from constantly drinking water by putting a “don’t touch” sign in front of the sink, pretending it’s under maintenance.