Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items that have been banned from your played sims households?

Comments

• Trippie25Trippie25 Posts: 7 New Member
    I can't have a dryer without the lint-less upgrade. Have to have a handy sim in my house or I either use the outdoor laundry or no laundry at all. It just catches fire too much. I clean the lint tray before every load, still catches on fire. I also have noticed my sims obsession with dancing to the radio, however its not banned yet.
    Also thanks to all those who mentioned locking their study/office/ comp room for when guests visit! I hadn't thought of that before.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited September 2018
    Great question. Here it goes.
    • I've banned the talking toilet as my sims will spend their whole day in the bathroom talking to that strange thing.
    • I'm coming close to banning highchairs. I've only played with a toddler for 2 days and I can see why you people hate highchairs.
    • Bath tubs. My sims are obsessed with taking baths and it takes them so long to get clean! My sims have about 1hr to get ready and they all want to take a bath.
    • Karaoke machines. I don't want to listen to sims singing badly all the time.
    • Cheap stoves that are going to catch on fire.
    I found annoying objects were more of an issue in sims 3. But looks like S4 has its fair share.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    The buggy high chairs, sometimes doll houses (because of the constant destruction, lol), and I try to restrict (not full-on ban, yet) the usage of the computers.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    I'm thinking about banning clay because my Sims always want to mold clay :#!
    4kkjdXo.png

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    The buggy high chairs, sometimes doll houses (because of the constant destruction, lol), and I try to restrict (not full-on ban, yet) the usage of the computers.

I never used dollhouses until recently, and I am considering banning them too. My sim adults are always playing with it, even without the childish trait?

"Hey Alice! Quit bashing plastic humans together and see to your starving toddler!"

It's another distraction. Why can't sims prioritise? :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    For me it's the coffee/tea machine...
    Sim- my sleep bar is in the red, but look! We have a coffee machine to give me the tiniest sliver of energy bar! Wow, I don't know how I could
    live without this.
    It ticks me off SO MUCH.
  • ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with the high chairs. I like putting my toddler in it to eat but for me I don't have a problem with it on nice sunny days, but when it's raining or lightning as soon as I put my toddler in, he immediately says something and my sim has to get him out of it which is annoying. I think it's spam and needs to be patched.
    giphy.gif
    Cheap stoves that are going to catch on fire.

I am doubling down on my thing against cheap stoves. I just had a fire from a cheap stove while cooking mac and cheese. How do you set mac and cheese on fire??
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Incense
    Clay

@lasummerb This game has incense?
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    ShadowSixx wrote: »
    I have a love/hate relationship with the high chairs. I like putting my toddler in it to eat but for me I don't have a problem with it on nice sunny days, but when it's raining or lightning as soon as I put my toddler in, he immediately says something and my sim has to get him out of it which is annoying. I think it's spam and needs to be patched.

It's the reaction to rain they do when outside. When you put them in there (or in beds, but they don't need to get out in that case) they want out to play the reaction animation. That's because they somehow think the highchair is " outside". When there is a blizzard they get the prompt to run inside from the high chair. I think this is a bug.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2018
    Incense
    Clay

@Anthonydyer Yes, it does. Whenever I would use it would trigger LEs (Last Exception errors) and something else funky. It's been so long since I tried having one for my Sims, I can't even remember. I think it comes with Spa Day.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't strictly ban any items, even if they annoy me. I avoid adding tvs (I know there are other things I avoid, but I'm drawing a blank) unless it suits my Sims or their story because all they'll wanna do is watch it if I don't keep their actions queue filled. Even so, I still use them pretty often.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited September 2018
    Am I the only one who loves the talking toilet? It can deal with their bladder and hygiene at once! I love this.
    I love them, especially for pregnant Sims that are hard to look after. They stay so clean when they're peeing every five minutes. :D
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cow Plants. Hands down. No, wait... those evil little gremlins they call gnomes that can ruin holidays. I'm deleting (or rather selling) them all. ;)
    This list is a hoot and gave me some darn good laughs. I'm not alone after all... Hahaha...
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    While there is children or teens all radios get banned from the household in my game. I really hate it when they decide to turn up the volume on those things. What is worse, I love having them in.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

I am doubling down on my thing against cheap stoves. I just had a fire from a cheap stove while cooking mac and cheese. How do you set mac and cheese on fire??

Probably the same way someone IRL set spaghetti on fire - they put the other stuff on the stove without adding any water first, then wandered off to chat with a neighbor. I didn't know it could be done, until a friend told me.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2018
    Incense
    Clay

Indeed...and it changes your Sim's mood, depending what kind of incense you choose. I like using the incense in my game occasionally. I've never seen any of my Sims use it autonomously.

I would ban puddles and mud puddles from the game if I could.... only childish adult Sims should splash in puddles. And no Sim that isn't child or younger should splash in puddles in formal wear or party clothes. I also don't have any cowplants in my game. If I ever decide to put cowplants in my game, they are getting a fence and a gate that is only unlocked at certain times. I haven't had too many problems with the pools (except some lots are just too small for them), but if I start having problems with them I'm going to start putting fences around them with just enough room for a Sim to walk single file around the pool, and keep the gate locked except when I want Sims to use them. That's what people do IRL with pools anyways.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    Highchairs, gaming rigs and that forsaken parenting board (the usual suspects). Also, ANY bar except during parties or get togethers. Sims will just make drinks all day long and it drives me crazy
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Lol! I can’t exactly remember the exact food, but I remembered it was something weird and simple, and my sim still managed to burn stuff back in Sims 1 (I think it was 1, and maybe also 2 or 3 with certain traits), if they didn’t have any cooking skill or low cooking skill.

Yeah, I usually avoid cheapo stove things as well in all Sims games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018

Why would I ban items in my game lol :p

I don't think in all the years I'V played the sims have I banned stuff!

If I don't want to use something, I simply don't use it.
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• fwuffynessfwuffyness Posts: 19 Member
    Highchairs. My first in-game pregnancy resulted in twins and was a terrible experience. Haven't touched highchairs since, and toddlers have become a much more enjoyable life stage
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Gaming rig. And computers with high fun. Actually :o I can make some gaming center and gaming club to use those. Yeah, I do that.

And bars for sims with mixology level 10. Or they fall in indefinite loop of inspired-make drink. This doesn't happen with cooking, so why?

Tablets for toddlers. What. :|

Coffee, because sims repetitively use them when energy is low - always energized. Like with bars.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Incense
    Clay

Indeed...and it changes your Sim's mood, depending what kind of incense you choose. I like using the incense in my game occasionally. I've never seen any of my Sims use it autonomously.

I would ban puddles and mud puddles from the game if I could.... only childish adult Sims should splash in puddles. And no Sim that isn't child or younger should splash in puddles in formal wear or party clothes. I also don't have any cowplants in my game. If I ever decide to put cowplants in my game, they are getting a fence and a gate that is only unlocked at certain times. I haven't had too many problems with the pools (except some lots are just too small for them), but if I start having problems with them I'm going to start putting fences around them with just enough room for a Sim to walk single file around the pool, and keep the gate locked except when I want Sims to use them. That's what people do IRL with pools anyways.

@SimsILikeSims I know not everyone uses mods, but there is one that stops Sims from playing in the puddles. I haven't had an issue with it too much with my Sims yet. I am not sure if it's because all my Sims live in San Myshuno or what. But if I come across the issue, I might get that mod. My Sims always want to shovel though, so I do have a mod that stops them from doing that.

As far as cowplants, I've been scared of them since TS2 and refuse to have them LOL.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm about to ban radios, because my sims won't stop dancing.
    Gallery ID: LDM2