Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items that have been banned from your played sims households?

Comments

• NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    The fireworks kit TS1 and telescopes in TS2. Santa Claus came by once and gave my Sims a fireworks launcher as a present (inside the house) and I can't have all my male Sims coming back with alien pregnancies after being abducted by aliens.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I'm thinking about banning clay because my Sims always want to mold clay :#!

I did that yesterday.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    It's the grill everyone wants to grill but know one can stop setting themselves or the house on fire.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited September 2018
    Bubble blower and any type of bar. Can't stand them always making drinks.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    My family used to have a nice backyard area with a grill. I spent a lot of money so it could look really nice. Dad cooked on the grill one day..... now they have a lovely charred backyard.
    No grills!!
    Plus they always make like twenty thousand burgers for no reason.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Any type of radio. All my Sims seem to be obsessed with having it on all the time and listening to it no matter what they are doing (making their meals take a painfully long time).
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Any type of radio. All my Sims seem to be obsessed with having it on all the time and listening to it no matter what they are doing (making their meals take a painfully long time).

Same.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • VariandranaVariandrana Posts: 24 Member
    The campfire. I swear no matter how cautious I am someone seems to always set themself on fire (usually because someone outside the family keeps tossing too many logs onto it I guess.)
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    My family used to have a nice backyard area with a grill. I spent a lot of money so it could look really nice. Dad cooked on the grill one day..... now they have a lovely charred backyard.
    No grills!!
    Plus they always make like twenty thousand burgers for no reason.

My Sims like grilling burgers in the winter....During a blizzard :lol: Cause you know, Sim Logic :lol:

I love the stereo, but Im considering banning it as my Sims are insisting on dancing to it ALL THE TIME. Yes of course, the first thing I want to do when I roll out if bed is to get down to Sim Alice Cooper. :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I'm about to ban radios, because my sims won't stop dancing.

I'm on the verge with this one as well. All my sims have the dancing skill because every time I'm paying attention to someone else, the rest of the household would be dancing like there's no tomorrow.
    It's a shame really because I love having speakers in the kitchen. It's great for when a sims needs to cook but also need to get their fun up. they can listen to music while cooking. But the dancing thing is getting on my nerves too much lately.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

I'm on the verge with this one as well. All my sims have the dancing skill because every time I'm paying attention to someone else, the rest of the household would be dancing like there's no tomorrow.
    It's a shame really because I love having speakers in the kitchen. It's great for when a sims needs to cook but also need to get their fun up. they can listen to music while cooking. But the dancing thing is getting on my nerves too much lately.

Earbuds are the solution.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

Earbuds are the solution.

Does it work? I don't know why I never use the earbuds.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It works, if you select the turn on option instead of listen to... it build up fun just because it's on.
  • BibbaBibba Posts: 23 Member
    > @thatsnotsweg said:
    > MaggieMarley wrote: »
    >
    > Am I the only one who loves the talking toilet? It can deal with their bladder and hygiene at once! I love this.
    >
    >
    >
    > I love them, especially for pregnant Sims that are hard to look after. They stay so clean when they're peeing every five minutes. :D

I love them too :smile: .
    Anyway - I would say it all depends on my Sims. If they would obsess about something to the point I couldn't stand it, I would delete it :wink: .
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i also play with autonomy off, so my banned list is mostly for aesthetic purposes. like some of the weird looking computers, especially the round alien one with antennas, the penguin tv, that high tech trash can because it never goes well with my builds, and i prefer the realism of taking out the trash anyway, the cat/dog mailboxes and almost anything from MFP pack, most of the wall decals, cheap stoves and fridge, cupcake machine...i can go on
  • covahenasnicovahenasni Posts: 149 Member
    TV, Radio, PC, only time they get those is when they need to do something with them. Otherwise they are banned from my house because sims cancel everything to go do something with them. It is very aggravating.
    Origin: covahenasni
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    @covahenasni If you are not opposed to mods, there is someone who created several no autonomous mods. I have a few that really stops the ones I consider annoying. Here is a link if you want to check them out. Don't use the one for the No Autonomous Computer, it messed with the research Gardening (if your sim is in that career).

The link is not coming up correctly, let me see if I can go a different route.

Go over to Mod The Sims and type in no autonomous in the search bar, it should come up that way. For some odd reason, when I add a link it keeps going over to the TS2 mods over there.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I forgot about the umbrella stand. Umbrellas haven't worked as well in Sims 4, so I just buy the waterproof trait.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No upgraded objects. I like the challenge and the way things take time. Otherwise my sims are always happy and I have nothing to do with them.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Sinks in the bathrooms. And if I use counters, I try to make sure they have items on them. I hate when my Sims cook and clean up in the bathroom.
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited September 2018
    I play on the ps4 with just a few packs. I finally bought a stereo for my legacy family once they were financially comfortable. I regretted that pretty quickly. Constantly dancing. Made me nuts. Got rid of it.

I used to use a highchair but after reading about them a bit here and there I probably won't anymore. (That legacy family I mentioned had twins as the first offspring in the challenge and as toddlers they literally had me screaming at the tv. I'm determined to play smarter next time...)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    None :-P Though if it was possible, it would be CELLPHONES!

Honestly what is the mute button good for? NOT a thing!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    sinks! I am so tired of water glasses everywhere!
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    Highchairs, I have never used them and I hope I never have to xD also, the cupcake machine, too big and too ugly for my tastes, and also I don't really like having lots of desserts around

I also kind of ban the dollhouses because they're too big and kids get obsessed with them! And also, they're a constant cryfest if yo have someone with traits like Hot-headed or Evil
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bathroom sinks, tablets for teens and adults, stereos or radios in kids and teen bedrooms, all the wall stickers, mirrors because they stay up even when the walls are set to cut away and block my view of what is going on, those wardrobes everyone wants to fool around inside of not to mention how much space they require, and the smart toilets because those are just dumb.