Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I don't want pre-teens and I hate the laundry pack.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I like that baby's can not be moved but can agree on dislike of seeing needs.

My most disliked expansions has always been Pets, Supernaturals, especially IP mermaids. University it gets so boring after the first time and Seasons normally due to bugs.

Cars, i can not see the point in a not open world game. Yes eventually in 2 you could get in them and drive down the street but other wise they would be parked on drive.

Attraction system, this is the one that concerns me the most. If it was implemented in base game it would be fine. Unless they go back and update the old worlds its randomness ruins games. It ruined all my favourite worlds in Sims 2 and 3 and this being implemented, would be the thing that would finally drive me away.
  • Options
    SamFlamingoSamFlamingo Posts: 52 Member
    So much repetition in this thread. Here's mine: Sims 4 allows for more genuine creativity. When presented with every possible tool imaginable, like the color wheel and constrainfloorelevation, it's extremely easy to make ANYTHING, and to get lost in building something exactly as you imagined it. In Sims 4, there's much more room for creative work-arounds. No platforms/friezes? Enlarge the fountain slab from Spa Day. No ladders? Use shelves. No bunkbeds? Raise up a bed and use pillars to make it look connected. No color wheel? You'll have to work harder at making furniture match, many times creating a color scheme you wouldn't have thought of in Sims 3.

I'm a builder exclusively so I don't care if my builds are playable, but a lot of the time they are. Sims can use beds that are raised up. They can use hot tubs that are sunken into a foundation. Sims 4 challenges me to find new ways of making real-world features without simply having it handed to me if that makes sense.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So much repetition in this thread. Here's mine: Sims 4 allows for more genuine creativity. When presented with every possible tool imaginable, like the color wheel and constrainfloorelevation, it's extremely easy to make ANYTHING, and to get lost in building something exactly as you imagined it. In Sims 4, there's much more room for creative work-arounds. No platforms/friezes? Enlarge the fountain slab from Spa Day. No ladders? Use shelves. No bunkbeds? Raise up a bed and use pillars to make it look connected. No color wheel? You'll have to work harder at making furniture match, many times creating a color scheme you wouldn't have thought of in Sims 3.

I'm a builder exclusively so I don't care if my builds are playable, but a lot of the time they are. Sims can use beds that are raised up. They can use hot tubs that are sunken into a foundation. Sims 4 challenges me to find new ways of making real-world features without simply having it handed to me if that makes sense.
    "Genuine" creativity? Gimme fake creativity any time then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > SamFlamingo wrote: »
    >
    > So much repetition in this thread. Here's mine: Sims 4 allows for more genuine creativity. When presented with every possible tool imaginable, like the color wheel and constrainfloorelevation, it's extremely easy to make ANYTHING, and to get lost in building something exactly as you imagined it. In Sims 4, there's much more room for creative work-arounds. No platforms/friezes? Enlarge the fountain slab from Spa Day. No ladders? Use shelves. No bunkbeds? Raise up a bed and use pillars to make it look connected. No color wheel? You'll have to work harder at making furniture match, many times creating a color scheme you wouldn't have thought of in Sims 3.
    >
    > I'm a builder exclusively so I don't care if my builds are playable, but a lot of the time they are. Sims can use beds that are raised up. They can use hot tubs that are sunken into a foundation. Sims 4 challenges me to find new ways of making real-world features without simply having it handed to me if that makes sense.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Genuine" creativity? Gimme fake creativity any time then.

I suppose I just mean that, with more restrictions in Sims 4, it forces the player to come up with ways around those restrictions.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > SamFlamingo wrote: »
    >
    > So much repetition in this thread. Here's mine: Sims 4 allows for more genuine creativity. When presented with every possible tool imaginable, like the color wheel and constrainfloorelevation, it's extremely easy to make ANYTHING, and to get lost in building something exactly as you imagined it. In Sims 4, there's much more room for creative work-arounds. No platforms/friezes? Enlarge the fountain slab from Spa Day. No ladders? Use shelves. No bunkbeds? Raise up a bed and use pillars to make it look connected. No color wheel? You'll have to work harder at making furniture match, many times creating a color scheme you wouldn't have thought of in Sims 3.
    >
    > I'm a builder exclusively so I don't care if my builds are playable, but a lot of the time they are. Sims can use beds that are raised up. They can use hot tubs that are sunken into a foundation. Sims 4 challenges me to find new ways of making real-world features without simply having it handed to me if that makes sense.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Genuine" creativity? Gimme fake creativity any time then.

I suppose I just mean that, with more restrictions in Sims 4, it forces the player to come up with ways around those restrictions.
    Fair enough, but I wouldn't call that more genuine? For me it defines the difference between going to Ikea and use whatever is available to decorate your house (Sims 4), which indeed also appeals to your creativity, and being a designer yourself (Sims 3/CASt). It's different for sure, but again, I don't quite follow the adjective genuine here.

ETA: I often hear quite the opposite by the way: building in Sims 4 is so much more easy. And being able to play the game is very important to me. Can sims climb those shelves or into a bed on pillars?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I build a LOT. I got bored with the simple "ikea" design quickly, so I want to, for example, take the pieces of ikea furniture, throw out the instructions, and build something completely new with it. Something that it wasn't necessarily designed for. Again, I only build houses to look cool, not to be playable, so to me it doesn't matter if a feature I make is useable. To each their own.

By "genuine" I guess I mean "more challenging" - not to actually build something, because obviously things are much easier to build in Sims 4 - but to build something NEW. I loved Sims 3, but to me they're very different games in terms of building. In Sims 3, building is like an architecture project. You have all the tools you need to make something interesting, just like in architecture. In Sims 4, it's more like a puzzle - figuring out all the different ways I can use the limited tools to make something interesting, something others might've never thought of before.

Again, this thread is unpopular opinions, so I know this isn't a popular idea. Like you said, most people would say it's much easier to build in the Sims 4. I'd agree, but I'd say also that it's much harder to build something interesting and new.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2018
    @SamFlamingo I completely agree with you. While TS2 was amazing, TS3 was garbage save for Open World and some other features. TS4 isn't perfect but it's clearly an homage to TS2 and on it's way to becoming as great as it. It forces me to be more creative too, I never liked the color wheel because I would just end up makimg everything the same to match. I'm more of an interior designer than an architect/builder, and with TS4 I've learned to mix and match styles without clashing and use different colors that complement each other. It has a lot of haters but TS4 is one of the best iterations imo. I just wish people would stop feeling the need to attack anyone who prefers it.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't care if babies are stuck living in their bassinets. I've never liked playing with them or toddlers/children anyways and only have children in the game so I can continue without making a new household.
    Building in the apartments in City Living is fun for me and I don't care that you can't make your own. I enjoy the challenge of building something new within the confines of the existing space.
    I don't want open world, like at all. I've been playing TS3 a bit lately and travelling across town to everything is annoying and makes the Sim's day seem so much shorter since you spend so much time getting from place to place.
    I like stuff packs and have enjoyed most of them so far. Even My First Pet Stuff.
    I never wanted laundry in the game. I don't need more chores. Most of the time when I'm playing The Sims I'm avoiding them in real life, so you can bet I don't want to do it fer funsies in the game. I still bought Laundry Day Stuff because there were some great items in that pack, but I rarely place a washer/dryer so laundry doesn't spawn.
    I don't like Bob Pancakes.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    • I don't want cars.
    • I like babies and teens just the way they are.
    • I don't like the pets, they're waaaay to needy.
    • I think the male Sims have plenty of clothing options.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    chozobo wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs is trash.
    The Townies walking through the neightbourhoods are obnoxious and it feels so forced.
    I hate the walking styles.
    Windenburg feels like it's forced european style. What even is it supposed to represent? Bavarian architecture? I live in Bavaria and it looks way different.
    Magnolia Promenade is useless.

Please don't ban me EA

You're not going to be banned just for an opinion. Just want to say that I like Magnolia Promenade because it's my entertainment district; I have a bar, a lounge, a nightclub and I just added a karaoke bar. I like to send my Sims there not on a formal "date" but just to go out and have some fun, or for my entertainers a place to hone their skills in music or comedy. That helps free up space in the rest of the worlds for different venues or for houses. I know that theoretically you only need one of each type of venue, but I like having a little bit of variety.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    1. Bella Goth is the most boring Sim in the entire game. She was more interesting in TS2 when she was gone and unplayable. All she ever does in my game is bake rice crispy treats and watch soapies.

2. Seasons, I like. Holidays can go to P L U M B B O B. Talk Like a Pirate Day is dumb as plumbbob. Lottery Day is stupid. At least with the major holidays, you can change them or turn them off. Those other ones just pop up out of nowhere. If I could turn them off, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

3. I liked UNI in TS2. I hope a UNI pack comes out soon.

I think you can delete them as soon as they pop up on the day and they never come back -- I did that with Neighborhood Brawl day because one of my Sims fought with his wife and even if it's supposedly "good fun" play fighting it was a major trigger; I've known victims of domestic violence. If they'd programmed it to exempt family members I would have been okay with it. So if you click the X as soon as the holiday starts I think it gets rid of it. (I like all the changed interactions on Talk Like A Pirate Day, like Use the Head when you select the toilet or or Heave Ho for Woohoo.)
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not sure how unpopular, but I see so many people wishing for it and I couldn't care any less - Tweens.

I absolutely don't need a life stage between children and teenagers. I don't even understand what the difference between teenagers/children and tweens would be. And to be honest I don't think I even heard the word "tween" before TS4 or I'm just too old.
    And if they ever actually consider adding it then I really hope they've actually fleshed out all the other ones before. I would rather have more depth and differences for the existing life stages than adding even more useless ones that are basically just different because they have a different height :|

I agree with you - not interested in tweens as they are just sims kids with an totally bad attitude and prone to be disrespectful.

Having raised several kids thru their tweens - believe me I would take a houseful of terrible twos over even 1 tween. I totally detested the behavior and attitudes of my real kids and even my friends real kids going through their tweens, and darn sure don't ever want them in my game. That is definitely one age if they do make it they need to put in it's own monster pack so I can totally opt out of having it. It would be the first Sims pack I never will buy - like ever.

All I can say is thank Lord tweens grow out of it in real life anyway.

With content and mods, I can play with "tweens" -- I can use the Kids Room Stuff to have the kids skew a bit "older", and I'm trying out a mod that does add crushes for children -- no romantic stuff but just a cute little thing I'm going to try out. I play on Long lifespan so what I do is I start my kids with the basic stuff or some of the Parenthood furniture, then when they finish their first aspirations they "age up", they get some of the Kids Room stuff like the Voidcritters and the boy band posters, sometimes I wait till then to give them their own computer.

I think if we got more content that would set teens apart from YAs a bit more, there wouldn't be such a big outcry for "tweens".
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Here goes:
    • I don't like Toddlers. I wish they had never been added.
    • I'm happy we don't have open world. I never played TS3 but it seems like it would cause major lag.
    • I don't want cars.
    • Laundry... ugh... I hate doing it in real life so definitely don't want to waste my time with it in game.
    • I love supernaturals and really hope we get witches and magic. Making Magic was one of my fave expansion packs for TS2. I can live without werewolves and don't want zombies though.
    • I love the graphics style of TS4 and how the Sims look. Its hard to say which is better, TS2 or TS4. TS3 was rubbish.

• Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    • I don't want cars.
    • I like babies and teens just the way they are.
    • I don't like the pets, they're waaaay to needy.
    • I think the male Sims have plenty of clothing options.

I don't necessarily want or need "working" cars but it would be nice to have placeables to put into a build. And I don't like babies how they are. Otherwise, I agree with most of these.

Though I would say my problem with pets is not that they are too needy; rather, it's that they are too buggy. (This sort-of amounts to the same thing -- one reason they are so needy is that the game can't figure out things like where the food dish is when it's like 2 cat-lengths away from the animal and the cat is looking RIGHT AT it... etc.)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    ImSands wrote: »
    Here goes:
    • I don't like Toddlers. I wish they had never been added.
    • I'm happy we don't have open world. I never played TS3 but it seems like it would cause major lag.
    • I don't want cars.
    • Laundry... ugh... I hate doing it in real life so definitely don't want to waste my time with it in game.
    • I love supernaturals and really hope we get witches and magic. Making Magic was one of my fave expansion packs for TS2. I can live without werewolves and don't want zombies though.
    • I love the graphics style of TS4 and how the Sims look. Its hard to say which is better, TS2 or TS4. TS3 was rubbish.

Makin Magic was not in Sims 2. That was only in Sims 1.

Open world if you have a great gaming DESKTOP is amazing - believe me - it still is. I never have issues with the open world in Sims 3.

I really can't understand how anyone can hate toddlers. I just can't.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I build a LOT. I got bored with the simple "ikea" design quickly, so I want to, for example, take the pieces of ikea furniture, throw out the instructions, and build something completely new with it. Something that it wasn't necessarily designed for. Again, I only build houses to look cool, not to be playable, so to me it doesn't matter if a feature I make is useable. To each their own.

By "genuine" I guess I mean "more challenging" - not to actually build something, because obviously things are much easier to build in Sims 4 - but to build something NEW. I loved Sims 3, but to me they're very different games in terms of building. In Sims 3, building is like an architecture project. You have all the tools you need to make something interesting, just like in architecture. In Sims 4, it's more like a puzzle - figuring out all the different ways I can use the limited tools to make something interesting, something others might've never thought of before.

Again, this thread is about unpopular opinions, so I know this isn't a popular idea. Like you said, most people would say it's much easier to build in the Sims 4. I'd agree, but I'd say also that it's much harder to build something interesting and new.
    Indeed this thread is unpopular opinions. That’s not the same as unquestionable opinions though, or untouchable opinions. Quite often there are good reasons these opinions are unpopular and since this is a forum, they are open for debate, just like any other opinion shared here.

In this case I completely appreciate the opinion as such, I mean, that this is how it works for you (you explain the way you like building quite well and I can understand why for you personally there’s a challenge in this). I’m not questioning the opinion.

What I am questioning was the word genuine, which means authentic, real (and therefore suggests superiority). Not more challenging. You mention constrainfloorelevation. That’s a cheat, not a tool. And quite a challenging cheat at that, I’ve always needed tutorials to make it work. I’m not under the impressions Sims 4 has more work arounds than Sims 3 did, builders have managed to make the impossible possible with the game, using cheats. I also question the proposition you won’t come up with color schemes you wouldn’t have thought of when you have a colour wheel. In fact that happens to me all the time because I tend to throw my mouse around in order to be surprised by what happens when I do. Having a colour wheel doesn’t mean you only compose colours that you thought of in advance. It’s in fact one of the things I love about CASt, the surprises.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I like Vlad. And I don't like Caleb because after my sim made him her bbf he came over that night and fed on her.
  • Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    I would like to have a textiles sims 4, as I would love to make my own outfits (use my sims as a model and my sim works on it. (also able to sell/wear it)
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I dont care for toddlers. I mean I was glad when it was added, but I was never bothered with not having toddlers in the game.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    TS4 premades are boring AND overhyped, especially the Pancakes. Like there are legit fandoms for these literal empty templates.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Jungle Adventures is my favorite pack after Seasons. Why? Because while it's certainly not perfect, it offers a different kind of interactivity with the world than we've had previously. It finally feels like my sim is doing something.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2018
    The depths of my not caring about TS4 babies being attached to the bassinet cannot be measured by human numbers.

I don't especially want pre-teens, because ugh.

I can tell teens and adults apart enough, and I don't think teens really need more teen-stuff to do (at least, it's not something I think should be prioritized over some other stuff I want more, like witches or more stuff all sims can do together).

I get annoyed every time someone suggests elder-only skills like 'knitting.' All ages knit, you guys.

I loooooove TS4's art style.

Oh, and I love autonomous flirting. One dang flirt doesn't mean the end of a marriage, for heaven's sake.
    Post edited by Sjofn on
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    I think the gender customization was a mistake, and I hate the gender converted clothes.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I don't want farming at all...please leave the animals alone.