Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    • I don't want cars.
    • I like babies and teens just the way they are.
    • I don't like the pets, they're waaaay to needy.
    • I think the male Sims have plenty of clothing options.

I don't necessarily want or need "working" cars but it would be nice to have placeables to put into a build. And I don't like babies how they are. Otherwise, I agree with most of these.

Though I would say my problem with pets is not that they are too needy; rather, it's that they are too buggy. (This sort-of amounts to the same thing -- one reason they are so needy is that the game can't figure out things like where the food dish is when it's like 2 cat-lengths away from the animal and the cat is looking RIGHT AT it... etc.)

I'd like the fixer-upper car that we had with Roaring Heights in Sims 3. You can tinker with it to build Handiness, two Sims could work on it together (like a grandparent and a teen grandchild) and build their friendly relationships, add different upgrades, then sell it and start over -- price determined by how many upgrades it has. We could use more ways to build Handiness anyway -- the woodworking bench gets dull, the pumpkin carving table (Spooky Stuff) is really more appropriate for the autumn months (though you can make good money selling pumpkins I found out!) and most of the time things don't break near as often as you need unless you use the Gremlins trait on your lot then things break all at once a lot. Actually, a Stuff Pack with garage/car related decor and CAS, like Fast Lane Stuff in Sims 3, and the fix-it car as the gameplay item would make a good SP.)

I think the food bowl/litter box issue has to do with training -- if you call your pet to eat, eventually they'll learn where the food bowl is. And the litter box reminder is good if you don't have the ultra deluxe one that laser-zaps the poop. My Sims had to put their dog up for adoption because they're so busy they didn't have time to look after him so he was always Sad. (My single Sim though has plenty of time to play with his dog though, plus the dog has the Independent trait so she's not quite as demanding -- usually just a short walk during the day and a training session and she's set.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    changelingschangelings Posts: 40 Member
    I don't care for the color wheel. I never used it and it feels like it's easier to just pick a swatch. Although, I do usually just pick the first swatch or only spend a second looking anyway...
  • Options
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I don't want farming at all...please leave the animals alone.

I'm thinking instead of straight farming, maybe a Rural Living pack? A few animals but that would be optional, but a lot more crafting options. There are mods for candle making and canning fruits/vegetables; make those official. Crafts like sewing or knitting/crochet (you could either shear your own wool if you have sheep or buy wool), maybe an Invention Station like in Sims 3 to build/repair objects.

And a Farmer's Market where Sims can sell their crafts and garden produce, or buy from other Sims; they could develop the carts that were seen in the Windenburg concept art, working similar to the flea market tables but for fruits/vegetables only, then have a more rustic looking table for other products. Or if you have CL you could have the market cart in your inventory then pull it out and stock it at any time in any location; heck, if you have vampires maybe you set up a cart with Plasma Fruit, Wolfbane and Garlic somewhere in Forgotten Hollow. B)
  • Options
    Sjofn wrote: »
    The depths of my not caring about TS4 babies being attached to the bassinet cannot be measured by human numbers.

I don't especially want pre-teens, because ugh.

I can tell teens and adults apart enough, and I don't think teens really need more teen-stuff to do (at least, it's not something I think should be prioritized over some other stuff I want more, like witches or more stuff all sims can do together).

I get annoyed every time someone suggests elder-only skills like 'knitting.' All ages knit, you guys.

I loooooove TS4's art style.

Oh, and I love autonomous flirting. One dang flirt doesn't mean the end of a marriage, for heaven's sake.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Faithful trait (maybe a purchasable trait) that would give negaive reactions to flirts from a Sim other than one's romantic partner (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged. married). That could make the Serial Romantic trait a bit more complicated. We've got the Unflirty trait but that's a little strong for my tastes -- Unflirty Sims are uncomfortable with all public displays of affection.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2018
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Faithful trait (maybe a purchasable trait) that would give negaive reactions to flirts from a Sim other than one's romantic partner (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged. married). That could make the Serial Romantic trait a bit more complicated. We've got the Unflirty trait but that's a little strong for my tastes -- Unflirty Sims are uncomfortable with all public displays of affection.

Well, there's the faithful scent through floral arrangements for now.

I do wish non-jealous sims would chill if they see their spouse reject a flirt from someone else. Get mad at the person hitting on your wife/husband, sure, but if your spouse was like 'iew,' why get mad at them, dang it!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Well here my unpopular oppibins. I wish they kept a supernatural in every expansion. Just have a toggle like sims 3 did . For those who didn't want them. Waiting for a new supernatural is annoying. Also, I do kinda dislike it when people I hope we never get this certian fature .I think that is kindaselfish . . Don't get me wrong I want ways for people to avoid certain features if they want too . As for Cats , and Dogs part of the reason I installed the playable pet mod . Because I knew it was going to be annoying to keep up with their need s . Which goes to ,y next point. Sims 4 should had some playable pet cheat or option . Its fun for some to not contriolled their pets,but not all . Also its gets annoying when the pets bugged
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I agree with Horrorgirl6 completely! I want a supernatural in every pack, too.

Another unpopular opinion: I like rabbit holes. Including the Sims 4 rabbit holes where they disappear off to work or school at the edge of their yard. I don't need to follow my sims when they are working or learning. In fact, I prefer they go off and do their own things. Open grocery stores/book stores/etc. would be nice -- but for school or work? No thank you.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Well here my unpopular oppibins. I wish they kept a supernatural in every expansion. Just have a toggle like sims 3 did . For those who didn't want them. Waiting for a new supernatural is annoying. Also, I do kinda dislike it when people I hope we never get this certian fature .I think that is kindaselfish . . Don't get me wrong I want ways for people to avoid certain features if they want too . As for Cats , and Dogs part of the reason I installed the playable pet mod . Because I knew it was going to be annoying to keep up with their need s . Which goes to ,y next point. Sims 4 should had some playable pet cheat or option . Its fun for some to not contriolled their pets,but not all . Also its gets annoying when the pets bugged

Yesssss, unpredictable NPC pets sounds good on paper purely for gameplay but the challenge wears off fast (and makes storytelling and screenshots 100% harder if you're into that)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »

Well, there's the faithful scent through floral arrangements for now.

I do wish non-jealous sims would chill if they see their spouse reject a flirt from someone else. Get mad at the person hitting on your wife/husband, sure, but if your spouse was like 'iew,' why get mad at them, dang it!

Oh gosh I know what you mean. The gardener was hitting on my Sim's husband and instead of him going outside and telling the gardener off he screamed at the husband instead. It was so obvious he wanted nothing to do with the flirts as he stood in the doorway biting his fist and looking uncomfortable.

Still, we seriously do need a faithful thing for couples. I would think a trait potion bought would points would be the way to go this way you can pick and choose your characters if you want them to have that or not. I'm for sure sick and tired of them going anywhere and they do that stupid enchanting introduction. Like really?? Y'all are married and you not only do that but you are doing it to other married people! It's seriously stupid. The entire romance thing is messed up and it's got to the point where I keep them home and away from crowds. And no, none of them are flirty or anything for this to happen. One Sim is a goofball, foodie, and outdoor lover so WHY is he the only one running around doing that enchanting trash? So yeah pfft...the entire system is dumb. I don't want these two to be players, I want them to be loyal like one would think real in love couples would be :P I would have thought the soul mate aspiration would have done something more useful than the "share another's burden" nonsense that is...well...pointless.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Yesssss, unpredictable NPC pets sounds good on paper purely for gameplay but the challenge wears off fast (and makes storytelling and screenshots 100% harder if you're into that)

Yah making them not able to see their needs make it worse.Which is part the reason I prefer sims 3,abd2pets
  • Options
    simsllamaasimsllamaa Posts: 6 New Member
    I feel like someone's gonna come and stab me to death because of what I'm about to say... I love My First Pet Stuff 😅
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Necro. And if one topic deserves to die it’s this one. A place to provoke but you can’t respond because ‘unpopular’.
    5JZ57S6.png