The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

What are your unpopular TS4 opinions?

One of mine would be that I love the names City Living added. I've heard many simmers complain too many Sims have Asian names now, but I'm glad my game is no longer filled with Sallys and Schmidts.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I like the names too, but of course if I ever want to change a name that's quick too something else I like is when sims get water or something else to drink then whenever they choose random things for meals. It's just normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner are just the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd meal of the day. Just like real life you don't always have time to cook whatever is already prepared is what you have to go for no rules on food there. As for the drinks it's just one of those tiny things someone get's thirsty here and there get a drink that is also quick to cancel if I am ready for something else.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I don't care about the Cats & Dogs EP.

San Myshuno is my least favorite world.

They should leave babies exactly as they are and focus on other things.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Easy enough to change the names if they bug anyone. I'll change them if I feel a name's too repetitive, like I ended up with 3 Aichas, so I'll look up another first name on the Internet that suits the culture. And you can always make your own Sims or download from the Gallery to help the balance.

My main family adopted a boy with Indian heritage -- the game named him Jeremiah but I changed it to Sumit which means "good friend" but he ended up with a Mean Streak as a teen and fought with his brother Edgar (adopted as a baby and turned out to be black; Afri-Sim?) and they ended up disliking each other. (He went through a lot of phases so he obviously had some issues.)

My unpopular opinion is that I really don't miss the open world of Sims 3; I prefer the loading screens to watching a taxi or car drive down the road, then stop and the Sim ends up running up a hill to get to his/her ultimate destination. Or watching a building while my Sims are inside eating or working or going to school. I wouldn't mind the neighborhoods being more open so you can visit the neighbors without a loading screen though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think the names themselves aren't even the thing that bothers people, more the fact that they don't suit the actual appearance of the sim. You can't imagine how many blond and pale sims I had with Asian names before I got a mod to get rid of these names.

As for me, my first unpopular opinion would be that I couldn't care less about pets. At first I thought they would be less stressful in TS4 because we can't control them, but no, they constantly have to fill up sims' queues (but I think this one's a bug).

I also don't care about babies being improved upon. It's the lifestage I'm caring the least about and I usually age them to toddlers asap.

Open world is another thing I literally hate. It makes rotational play impossible to do because sims from inactive households are constantly doing something which can mess up storylines badly. With a non-open world, this can happen too but less frequently and only when inactive sims are currently on the same lot.

Actually, I really don't care much about the popular expansions everyone is/was constantly asking for (Pets, Seasons, University). I'm SO glad the first two are already released so people don't annoy with this anymore. My most unpopular opinion still has to be that I really want a time travel pack like in TS3, one in which you can choose between the past and the future (but future is still more important for me).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I don't care about story progression. I don't want it added.
    I'm not a big fan of cats and dogs.
    I don't care about open world. Nor do I care about loading screens.
    I don't like the Goths. Their story is a bit played out for me.
    I cannot stand the Pancakes.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    1. seasons is overrated
    2. blocky eyelashes are great
    3. Farming, as well as University and other types of education related themes are boring and uninspired
    4. "It's easy to address this problem yourself" (as mentioned above in regards to names) isn't a good solution to a problem. I don't want to spend what is supposed to be my leisure time fixing things.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I don’t care for premades. Unless I have some storyline in mind involving them, I usually just delete them all each time I start a new save.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    My opinions on this game:

1.normal life length is a tad too short, and I feel long is overkill. There needs to be a medium between them, like “kinda long, but not too long.”
    2. I feel like maybe I’m the ONLY simmer that plays without any mods or CC. Idk, I feel like I enjoy the game enough without them, and am lazy about having to fix them every time there is a game update, so I just don’t have them.
    3. I LOVE CAS. The only thing I really miss is more hair color options, like in Sims3 you could create your own personal hair colors and I had a very many with highlights and ombré and things like that.
    4. We need more jobs! We need more jobs. Please, just patch in more job options, and more aspirations, cause I’m tired of these. More traits wouldn’t hurt either honestly. I feel like I could probably make a list of ones you could use.
    5. The dogs in pets suck, and need way more attention than they should. I’m a dog person, but in this game my main households only own cats cause I can’t deal with the amount of work the dogs are.
    6. Sims4 is better than sims3. I said it, you can hate me for it, but idk, I feel like this game has more... playability than sims3 to me. Loading screens don’t bother me at all.
    7. I bought all the supernaturals, and I never play them in my game and find them useless to the story I am telling. Maybe that might change so I love having the option, but I have no clue why I bought vampires, or get to work, cause I don’t use the aliens, the follow to work, or vampires. Maybe I just wanted the stuff that came with them. Idk.
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Oh. And bonus opinion. City Living is my favorite EP.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    A couple of unpopular opinions for me:

1. I liked the careers when they originally released Sims 4 (before they patched them to make it easier to level up).
    2. I don't enjoy any additions that make the game easier (for example - bonus traits for getting toddlers to skill level 3 or 5).
    3. I'm not a fan of CC.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I guess mine would have to be that sims actually age and gain weight over time. Sure sometimes it's annoying that a sim in a household I haven't played in a while is a bit more 'substantial.' But I like that they change over the course of time and aren't all perfect sugar cookies. And another unpopular opinion is that townies dress like they don't have mirrors. I get a kick out of their outfits some times. "You are rocking that bright orange sweater/cowboy boot outfit today!"
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I don't want cars added to the game
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’m really glad not missing open world is considered an unpopular opinion! Hope to see it return in a successor.

(this topic already exists by the way)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    1. I never cared for Toddlers. I think they're a hassle to play and I would've been fine if they didn't add that life stage in.
    2. I regret buying the Get Together EP.
    3. I don't care for Cats & Dogs.

There I said it!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Otoyo wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Maybe the two posts can be combined?

Who should I tag to get them merged?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Otoyo wrote: »

Maybe the two posts can be combined?

Who should I tag to get them merged?

To be honest, I am not quite sure.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I’m really glad not missing open world is considered an unpopular opinion! Hope to see it return in a successor.

(this topic already exists by the way)

Just a totally off topic question @JoAnne65, but how do you post a link with your own text like you did in your post? I looked everywhere for this option but I have no clue how to do it :D

As for open world, I hope they make open neighborhoods/districts (bigger than those in TS4) in the next game, that's a piece of everyone's cake. Good for those who don't want an open world for various reasons, and a good alternative for those who want an open world.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    the Gurus/EA folks are off for the weekend
    6adMCGP.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't care about story progression. I don't want it added.
    I'm not a big fan of cats and dogs.
    I don't care about open world. Nor do I care about loading screens.
    I don't like the Goths. Their story is a bit played out for me.
    I cannot stand the Pancakes.

I rarely play any of the premades -- in fact in my current save I deleted all the premades and added in Sims from some of my other saves plus some downloads from the gallery, I've been adding in some of the premades after makeovers, like the Pancakes and the Landgraabs (I have a Sim in the Culinary career in one of my played households and it didn't seem right not to have Bob there).

Another unpopular opinion: My First Pet is actually not that bad for a stuff pack. If you ignore the marketing campaign and that a lot of the items are very derivative of Cats & Dogs, the animals themselves are kind of cool. I like the little notifications about their hijinks, and chidren can Study Rodent and it counts as their homework so it's a nice change of pace from working in the workbook.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    the Gurus/EA folks are off for the weekend

Some of them do peek in occasionally, but I can answer the question. Type in the word or phrase you want to link, like Carl's guide, then go to the page, highlight the address and right-click to select Copy. Then highlight the phrase you want to make a link and select the Link button (the one to the right of the Emojis) and you'll have a space to paste the link so it comes out like so:

Carl's Guide
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    1. teens are my favorite life stage
    2. i prefer the furniture styles in ts2 and 3, a lot of the sims 4 furniture is either too fancy, too modern, or too colorful, and i usually only build normal cozy family houses
    3. i don't mind cc (even though i can't use it anymore bc it takes up my computer) but it looks horrible in game most of the time
    4. i'd like a school related pack but i don't wanna go to school with my sims. also i like university but i hope there will be a way for sims to go from home because i play with families and i don't want to take long breaks in between generations
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    1) I do not miss the open world, open neighborhoods would be cool but I’d be fine without an open world ever again. Loading screens just don’t bother me.
    2) I do not like occult sims and never play them.
    3) I don’t mind that apartments aren’t buildable in sims 4. I find the Pre-Built ones plenty to keep me occupied and enjoy decorating them.
    4) I prefer a lot of sims 4 to sims 3. Like some else here said, I find it more playable. I have an easier time storytelling how I want in sims 4 than sims 3. But sims 3 was still a great game!
    5) I don’t care if they add cars or not.