Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m really glad not missing open world is considered an unpopular opinion! Hope to see it return in a successor.

(this topic already exists by the way)

Just a totally off topic question @JoAnne65, but how do you post a link with your own text like you did in your post? I looked everywhere for this option but I have no clue how to do it :D

As for open world, I hope they make open neighborhoods/districts (bigger than those in TS4) in the next game, that's a piece of everyone's cake. Good for those who don't want an open world for various reasons, and a good alternative for those who want an open world.
    • Type the sentence
    • Select it
    • Hit the link icon in the menu
    • Paste the url and press ok
    • Voilá ;)

I’m sure I could live with some sort of a compromise tbh, what they did with Selvadorada already made me so happy. All I really need is an actual map and larger open neighborhoods with functional roads (I love the travellng with cars, bikes, broomsticks, whatever ;)). I realized this when I was playing in Bridgeport (Sims 4 had just been released). My sim was in the hills, the rich area, and he was looking at the city at the other side of the river. Then I instructed him to walk downtown (he was a homeless so I didn’t allow him to take a cab) and instead of crossing the bridge, he autonomously took the subway which is a loading screen. Then I realized I could perfectly live with that, a world divided in smaller sections, seperated by a loading screen.

I’m not bothered by loading screens by the way, that’s not the reason I regret the Sims 4 set up of neighborhoods. I’m bothered by the lack of cohesion and the fact sims in my household are uncontrollable when at the other side of a loading screen. Being able to give them instructions - basic ones like do your homework, play the guitar, eat, go to bed - already would make a difference to me. So that compromise also would have to contain that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I think their exaggerated creepy smiles aren't that bad, most of the time. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    - I couldn't care less about horses and cars being added
    - Alpha CC is my worst nightmare (on the forums, Instagram, and the Gallery), whenever I see sims made with a lot of CC it really freaks me out
    - I don't miss open world (although open neighbourhoods would be great)
    - I don't miss CASt (but I would like more colour/pattern options)
    - The Seasons EP wasn't that great
    - I don't think there are too many stuff packs, they are cheap and not essential (so very easy to skip). TS3 Store was a lot worse than having a lot of SPs.
    - I don't want them to change babies anymore, it's too late and I'd rather the team focused on something else.
    - I don't want an EP/GP like Get to Work but for schools. That sound extremely boring to me. I want more after school activities for kids and such but not going with them to school *yawn*

There must be a lot more but this is all I can think of right now.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    - I couldn't care less about horses and cars being added
    - Alpha CC is my worst nightmare (on the forums, Instagram, and the Gallery), whenever I see sims made with a lot of CC it really freaks me out
    - I don't miss open world (although open neighbourhoods would be great)
    - I don't miss CASt (but I would like more colour/pattern options)
    - The Seasons EP wasn't that great
    - I don't think there are too many stuff packs, they are cheap and not essential (so very easy to skip). TS3 Store was a lot worse than having a lot of SPs.
    - I don't want them to change babies anymore, it's too late and I'd rather the team focused on something else.
    - I don't want an EP/GP like Get to Work but for schools. That sound extremely boring to me. I want more after school activities for kids and such but not going with them to school *yawn*

There must be a lot more but this is all I can think of right now.

Agree with everything here! :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    I like closed world.
  • Options
    HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    - I don't miss the open world that much

- Cars are not necessary

- I want the vampires pack but I don't want the vampires itself, I want magic back

- I am not fan of CC
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2018
    Seasons is pretty much a letdown, I regret buying City Living. Cars in the game seem pointless to me, I don’t care for the occult /supernatural. Edited to add: The only thing I feel like they have done better in TS4 than TS3 is Toddlers.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    I'm perfectly fine with the sizes of the worlds and number of lots.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I hope they never add mermaids , fairies werewolves, zombies , and plant people to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I hope they never add mermaids , fairies werewolves, zombies , and plant people to the Sims 4.

I do not mind lifestates in my game in which I do not like to use them, however as long as they are optional I do not mind. I remember in Sims 3 the zombies was becoming annoying and I am glad they made a way to shut them off. I do not dislike them I just do not play with them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I don't care for University.

I don't like supernatural themes in The Sims.
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    Unpopular opinion:
    I actually like the brightness of the lighting in the game. I use the same interior design tricks in game as you would in real life to brighten up a room, such as changing the bulb color, removing window treatments to let in more natural light, lighter or brighter wall paint so it's not so oppressive, or adding more accent lighting to areas where the main lights don't reach. I thinks it's really dynamic and beautiful.
    Adding lots of lights or invisible lights to make everything a universal brightness just washes everything out in my opinion, but I guess it makes things easier to see in screenshots. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I do not want a University pack. Admittedly my only experience was with the Sims 2 version, but I just got so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bored of it. Eat, sleep, go to class, study. That's it. So dull. If you went off lot, the timeline got mucked up and you ended up doing exams in the early hours of the morning!!

Supernaturals don't bother me. I only ever played with Fairies in Sims 3.

I'm also not a major CC/mod user. I only really used one item (a knee-length skirt for a specific family style). I always find it really weird when I see child Sims who look like they're wearing makeup, or toddler girls with ridiculously long hair. If I google "Sims 3 children" they all have the same (I assume) CC lips, that just make them look pouty and weird and it's not attractive IMO.
    I'm a total mod noob so I never got the hang of installing NRAAS Overwatch, that kind of thing.

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Maybe not that unpopular from what I've read but I really, really dislike supernaturals even aliens but I can tolerate those the most. So happy vamps had their own pack.

I don't want the sims 3 store back! BUT I do wish we could just get neighborhoods for more room/places to go. Like I don't want cats and dogs but I really want Brindleton Bay!
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    1. I ADORE stuff packs! I love buying random little things, and quite honestly, I feel like a lot of them are really good in terms of content size (especially Movie Stuff, there's SO many items and they're all gorgeous)

2. Jungle Adventure looks like one of the smallest packs I've seen so far as far as content goes, and I honestly refuse to buy it. It's a whole GP and it looks really pointless and not worth spending a loading screen visiting.

3. I don't enjoy playing supernatural sims at all. (vampires, aliens, etc)
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    3. I don't enjoy playing supernatural sims at all. (vampires, aliens, etc)

I mostly agree.

I feel like they are fun to do ONCE, and then the novelty wears off and I don't bother with them after that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I’m really glad not missing open world is considered an unpopular opinion! Hope to see it return in a successor.

Just a totally off topic question @JoAnne65, but how do you post a link with your own text like you did in your post? I looked everywhere for this option but I have no clue how to do it :D

As for open world, I hope they make open neighborhoods/districts (bigger than those in TS4) in the next game, that's a piece of everyone's cake. Good for those who don't want an open world for various reasons, and a good alternative for those who want an open world.
    • Type the sentence
    • Select it
    • Voilá ;)

I’m sure I could live with some sort of a compromise tbh, what they did with Selvadorada already made me so happy. All I really need is an actual map and larger open neighborhoods with functional roads (I love the travellng with cars, bikes, broomsticks, whatever ;)). I realized this when I was playing in Bridgeport (Sims 4 had just been released). My sim was in the hills, the rich area, and he was looking at the city at the other side of the river. Then I instructed him to walk downtown (he was a homeless so I didn’t allow him to take a cab) and instead of crossing the bridge, he autonomously took the subway which is a loading screen. Then I realized I could perfectly live with that, a world divided in smaller sections, seperated by a loading screen.

I’m not bothered by loading screens by the way, that’s not the reason I regret the Sims 4 set up of neighborhoods. I’m bothered by the lack of cohesion and the fact sims in my household are uncontrollable when at the other side of a loading screen. Being able to give them instructions - basic ones like do your homework, play the guitar, eat, go to bed - already would make a difference to me. So that compromise also would have to contain that.

You can use Care for Self which supposedly means they'll eat, use the bathroom and such. Or you can have them build a skill that they already have a few skill points in but haven't maxed out. I have a few lots that have skill building items on the lot -- my Arts and Science Center in Newcrest has pretty much everything -- and I like taking several members of my household there at once. It even has a toddler/child playroom so you can take the younger folks. With everyone on the same lot you can easily switch between Sims, so a couple could be playing chess or using the observatories, someone else could be playing instruments, or on the computers in the computer lab, or working on their painting, etc. It even has a fully built and upgraded rocket ship.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    I love the after school activity-scout. I hope they come out with more options.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Most of the Sims I play are the pre-mades.
    Of all the pre-mades, I love Eliza Pancakes the most. There, I said it.
    Granite Falls is a wonderful place to vacation.
    I don't want University, cars, burglars, open worlds, or mermaids.
    I liked the Detective career better back when it was borked. It was much more fun and satisfying to catch the guilty criminal when you really had to work for it.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I prefer babies the way they are now.
    I think adding cars is kind of pointless and would be a huge waste of time/money.
    I would rather have new pack ideas rather then retreads of the same old same old every game generation.
    I like Eliza better than Bob.
    I like the task/check list and on events and jobs and such.
    I enjoyed the special event challenges like the egg hunt and sugar skulls and etc.
    To this day I still don’t think toddlers were a necessity. Don’t get me wrong I love them but I also think the game was just fine without them.
    I think My First Pet is one of the best Stuff Packs.
    I like the Stuff Packs.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't like aliens, witches, werewolves, vampires, fairies, plantsims or merpeople. I prefer loading screens over open worlds. I hated the University expansions. Probably because I found the whole college thing in RL a huge waste of time and as boring as watching paint dry which has been my experience with the University EPs so far. Please, EA/Maxis, don't change the way babies are done; use your time to create something completely new instead. I never did like horses or unicorns in the game. Not particularly fond of the premades that I delete before starting a new save. I secretly believe the Goths and Calientes are vampires to have survived this long in the Sims series. I dislike the Tragic Clown and wish he had never made his way into Sims4. I don't like ghosts and have zero interest in playing them or even seeing them in my game. Why are most of the NPCs insane, annoying, kleptomaniacs or seriously lacking common sense? I hate Story Progression and do not want it in Sims4 unless it is customizable. Such as having an on and off toggle. Story Progression has never worked properly. And lastly, why can't we adjust how fast or slow time passes? I would love being able to slow the passage of time in order to do more with my Sims each Sim day.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

• Type the sentence
    • Select it
    • Voilá ;)

You can use Care for Self which supposedly means they'll eat, use the bathroom and such. Or you can have them build a skill that they already have a few skill points in but haven't maxed out. I have a few lots that have skill building items on the lot -- my Arts and Science Center in Newcrest has pretty much everything -- and I like taking several members of my household there at once. It even has a toddler/child playroom so you can take the younger folks. With everyone on the same lot you can easily switch between Sims, so a couple could be playing chess or using the observatories, someone else could be playing instruments, or on the computers in the computer lab, or working on their painting, etc. It even has a fully built and upgraded rocket ship.
    That sounds like a clever solution, building places where there’s something to do for everyone but for me that’s not more than that: a solution. I don’t want to travel around with the entire household all the time. I dislike it I am not able to send the kids to bed when I’m somewhere out with my sim while they were at school all day or make them do homework. Or did they improve that, will they do that as well now? I’ve played with just one sim ever since I found out how it works in Sims 4, which means any changes and improvements will go unnoticed by me. I really hope a potential successor ( :sweat_smile: ), if not having real open world, at least has such a more flexible and intuitive system to switch between different sims in your household and make them do things, also off screen. Like how it works in Freeplay.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Unpopular opinon..I don't care for open world that much. Maybe it was just bad experiences in the sims 3. The "hotspots" would be dead most of the time as compared to the sims 4. I can go somewhere and its full of people.
  • Options
    ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    I don't miss open world at all - the absence of it has made my game so much more playable as it loads much faster and there's a lot less lagging. I also like that Sims don't have to leave an hour early for work but that's a pretty minor reason.