Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I preferred the game without toddlers. So much so that I am searching for a mod to get rid of that life stage in my game.

I love toddlers, and I could not play Sims 4 without them. The idea of an infant doing a "spin" and becoming an instant 10-year-old was just not something I could stomach. Plus I loved the toddler stage in TS2 and 3.

However, I can't entirely disagree with your statement because toddlers are so freaking buggy. They end up aggravating me more than anything else. And I don't mean because they are doing "toddler things" -- I love that. Go ahead and throw a tantrum. But stop glitching out when you are "getting a serving". And stop having the parents put them in, out, in, out, in, out, ad infinitum, of the high chair. Things like that.

Nope, I bought Sims 4 originally because I did not have toddlers. That was one of the big selling points.

You don't need a mod. Just age them up immediately after they age up from being babies. Problem solved.

I actually already found the mod. It just skips the toddler stage and no need for the wasted effort of extra steps of baking a cake and"helping blow out candles." I was happy to find it, as I was looking into making a mod myself if I didn't.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    Unpopular opinon..I don't care for open world that much. Maybe it was just bad experiences in the sims 3. The "hotspots" would be dead most of the time as compared to the sims 4. I can go somewhere and its full of people.
    Off topic but the ‘hotspots’ were a lousy decision, a miscalculation on their part. It doesn’t improve the experience when the game dictates where the crowd is going to be tonight, that should be up to the simmer at all times. Another mistake was the gates the nightclubs have that stop sims who don’t qualify (celebrity points or something else). When I send my sims to a nightclub the elevator and hallway is filled with sims (seriously, you’ll be amazed what a good processor can do in this respect) but they all leave again because they can’t get in.

I must add places being full of people in Sims 4 don’t mean anything to me because of the way those sims behave. They’re all in their own little bubble doing the very same thing for hours in a row, it makes parties in the game utterly boring for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
    aricarai wrote: »
    I know this is an unpopular opinions thread - I've already commented on the other one - but I do have an observation/question.

Why are things (mainly negative) from previous games (mainly TS3) used as a basis for why something is an unpopular opinion? For example, I don't miss open world or CASt because it lagged/crashed/took forever to load/broke my computer/made all my Sims look weird, etc. TS4 is a newest iteration and features, if ever implemented should be - at least in my opinion - be better than the previous one. So if open world ever did make a return - in future iterations - wouldn't we all expect it to be better optimised (less laggy, less crashy, less slowy, more amazing than before)? Or is this very much a case of once bitten, twice shy?

Like I said, just an observation on my part.

I guess I'll throw an unpopular opinion or two in the mix: the graphics are growing on me, but I still would like to see a lean toward more realistic textures and less cartoon type looks/environments.

I really really dislike recolors - no slight to the people who make them, but having all these separate objects recolored to try to match what's already in game is the bane of my life.
    Very true. Disliking routing issues and not missing that isn’t unpopular at all, I can’t imagine you’ll find one simmer who likes that part of the predecessor.

I genuinely wonder by the way, if the fact I really really dislike the Sims 4 set up of the world (small neighborhoods, fake backdrops, teleporting - without even pretending it takes some time to travel downtown or from Germany to Arizona, they get there in two seconds - active sims just hanging there wasting their lives, completely uncontrollable at the other side of a loading screen, tiny neighborhoods with loading screens between each house) is considered unpopular or popular. For the sake of the future of this franchise I hope that dislike is far more popular than disliking even an imperfect open world.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I hate the occult sims.
    I don't want an open world.
    I don't care about cars other than wishing we had a few more decorative objects.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

@CommaSplice - genuinely curious, can I ask why?
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

@CommaSplice - genuinely curious, can I ask why?

On my long list of things I do want, it's really really low. I don't mind loading screens. I am able to go around the neighborhood. That's enough for me.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I want a height slider and more build mode tools. CAW would be amazing but I know that's not even an possibility
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Unpopular (I think) opinions on Sims 4

1. I like the premades. I like Bob and Eliza Pancakes very much. I want them to be happy together.

2. I like seeing sims freeze to death (I don't really play rotationally except maybe 2 families I can keep a close eye on, so I know that it is awful for those that do if it is one of their sims that perished).

3. I'm not crazy about sending sims to University, so for me I don't care if it comes next (although I might like some of the items that come with the pack).

4. I want supernatural lifestates in every expansion pack :(. That seems to be a very unpopular thing. I miss them terribly.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Unpopular opinion but I think Modders making up for game deficiencies means that Sims 5 will be a long time coming, if at all. >:)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I hate snow! In game and real life!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Limorz wrote: »
    I can't stand themed packs, I would love if they just did a pack called "what the community is begging for for almost 5 years" with spiral staircases, bunk beds, furniture that matches?
    I'm not sure if its an unpopular or a popular one tho

I would love those things along with the option to rounded corners for making modern buildings. If the graphics are vector based then things like windows will work with round rooms and buildings won't be an issue. I would love circular rooms, fountains and pools. I don't know how unpopular that is?

I would love the option for kids to be able to run away from home or try to live as an orphan without their parents or someone who is at least a teen in the household to be played on their own. Give those kids a special title. I am not sure how unpopular that would be.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can't stand themed packs, I would love if they just did a pack called "what the community is begging for for almost 5 years" with spiral staircases, bunk beds, furniture that matches?

You mean almost 4 years. Sims 4 will just be 4 years old September 2nd.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited August 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but I think Modders making up for game deficiencies means that Sims 5 will be a long time coming, if at all. >:)
    How..? Modders have no idea if they’re working on a Sims 5 (which they indeed don’t by the way, I share that belief) do they? Besides, modders made fixes for IP and that pack was released right after they had announced Sims 4.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well to be fair, people started begging long before Sims 4 was released :D The Sims 4 section was one huge wish list back in 2013.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I want a height slider and more build mode tools. CAW would be amazing but I know that's not even an possibility

You have one supporter at least in your opinion! :)
    edited August 2018
    @JoAnne65 I'll stick to my opinion. Thank you for your feedback. :)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

I think closed world is ok as long as there is a lot of functionality on the lot. Sims 3 community lots were pretty shallow, but the open world did provide a really nice gameplay.
    edited August 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    How..? Modders have no idea if they’re working on a Sims 5 (which they indeed don’t by the way, I share that belief) do they? Besides, modders made fixes for IP and that pack was released right after they had announced Sims 4.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well to be fair, people started begging long before Sims 4 was released :D The Sims 4 section was one huge wish list back in 2013.

Well I was busy playing Sims 3 - not really hanging on the Sims 4 forum - especially when we learned no cars or toddlers were coming in the base game. I was not paying much attention to be honest. I was fixing the routing in my IP world and waiting for ITF to come out. I was already turned off from Sims 4 knowing those two things, never mind going back to a closed world, and a few other things I was hearing - so was not especially interested in the new at the time.

My husband pre-ordered the thing for me -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Not sure how unpopular, but I see so many people wishing for it and I couldn't care any less - Tweens.

I absolutely don't need a life stage between children and teenagers. I don't even understand what the difference between teenagers/children and tweens would be. And to be honest I don't think I even heard the word "tween" before TS4 or I'm just too old.
    And if they ever actually consider adding it then I really hope they've actually fleshed out all the other ones before. I would rather have more depth and differences for the existing life stages than adding even more useless ones that are basically just different because they have a different height :|
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    1. I like the block-y eyelashes
    2. I don't like open world
    3. I don't like create-a-style
    4. I like Sims 4 better
    5. I don't care about cars
    6. I don't care about horses
  • DexterDexter Posts: 17 Member
    I don't like occult sims at all (unless I'm playing a different save just for them)
    I get bored playing when the current season is winter/fall
    I hate playing rich families
    I don't miss the open worlds at all but I wish they would incorporate cars like how sims 2 has them
    I like all the games equally
    ts4 tends to be way too easy
    I don't really like much of the premades in ts4 (imo ts3 and ts2 had the best families)
    The traits in ts4 are horrible (just look up the difference in attributes from the genius trait between ts3 and ts4)
    tumblr_pe726fds1o1x5vb03o1_400.gif
  • Jonny777Jonny777 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love playing rich families in big houses.
    I have no interest in babies, pets or cars.
    I don't like the game controlled Sims who seem to be able to go three times as long without drinking, eating, sleeping, peeing; than the ones I control which makes days out the beach/park somewhat frustrating when trying to flirt with the opposite sex in order to move into their big house and gain lots of money without having a job.
    I love the hidden reactions to certain activities, but am not sure why my Sims can't flirt with a teen, but a few game Sim teens seem to be able to flirt with my Sims.
  • TheKoala_QueenTheKoala_Queen Posts: 1 New Member
    You guys need to add wheelchairs and other accessories for lderly, disabled , and sick people. Honestly. Its 2018 and they should be included .
  • ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    I don't like 'otherworldly' themes... So my games have no vampires / aliens / plant people. No magic, nothing fairy tale.

I mean, I have to admit that I've never even tried any of those things :p But that's because they just don't float my boat. Which is odd, because I love reading fantasy books. I just don't want fantasy in my Sims games!
    edited August 2018
    Not sure how unpopular, but I see so many people wishing for it and I couldn't care any less - Tweens.

I absolutely don't need a life stage between children and teenagers. I don't even understand what the difference between teenagers/children and tweens would be. And to be honest I don't think I even heard the word "tween" before TS4 or I'm just too old.
    And if they ever actually consider adding it then I really hope they've actually fleshed out all the other ones before. I would rather have more depth and differences for the existing life stages than adding even more useless ones that are basically just different because they have a different height :|

I agree with you - not interested in tweens as they are just sims kids with an totally bad attitude and prone to be disrespectful.

Having raised several kids thru their tweens - believe me I would take a houseful of terrible twos over even 1 tween. I totally detested the behavior and attitudes of my real kids and even my friends real kids going through their tweens, and darn sure don't ever want them in my game. That is definitely one age if they do make it they need to put in it's own monster pack so I can totally opt out of having it. It would be the first Sims pack I never will buy - like ever.

All I can say is thank Lord tweens grow out of it in real life anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cats and Dogs was the worse expansion(since so many people mentioned it, I am starting to wonder if it is actually unpopular to dislike it lol)

I do not want to see any more supernaturals. Vampires were really well done. I played them a lot during the release but lately I haven't touched them.