Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions?

Comments

• chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    Cats and Dogs is trash.
    The Townies walking through the neightbourhoods are obnoxious and it feels so forced.
    I hate the walking styles.
    Windenburg feels like it's forced european style. What even is it supposed to represent? Bavarian architecture? I live in Bavaria and it looks way different.
    Magnolia Promenade is useless.

Please don't ban me EA
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    I always randomize my names because I'm not very creative and I just realised in TS4, there are so many Spanish names in randomize and I'm living for it.
    hope you all are smiling x
  • TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    1. I DON'T miss the open world - Stability beats lack of loading screens.
    2. Sims 3 was the worst in the entire series. I liked the sims games in this order: Sims 4, Sims 2, Sims Medieval, Sims Castaway, Sims 1, the Sims 3. I hated it until mods came out to sort of fix it and even then I haven't touched it since sims 4 came out. It was clunky, crashy, buggy, hard to play, games were corrupted to the point of unplayable after only a few generations, and all the sims acted the SAME.
    3. I don't care about University, it's ALWAYS the worst expansion.
    4. The snow depth is fine.
  • SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    I really enjoy building without the CaSt. In the Sims 3, I would spend so much time recoloring everything, I couldn't help myself, I had the impression my build where not totally finished if I didn't do it (and as there was not so many preset options, you needed to do it). It was a nightmare ! And as your game as to load a specific generated texture for each object recolored (instead of preset texture files), it makes it slower (to load, at last).

Yep, sometime, I would like to have more color options in the Sims 4. But most of the time, I'm happy wth the colors and patterns, and I think it's even more realistic this way : a specific piece of furniture, in real life, only exist in a few variation. And except if you take two items from a set, nothing perfectly match. It's so much easier and faster to furnish a build in the Sims 4.

It can be a bit more problematic in CAS, but if I really need a new color for a shirt or anything, it's easy to create a new swatch for an existing item with the Sims 4 Studio, so I don't mind.
    7FOHKlj.png
    Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2018
    I know this is an unpopular opinions thread - I've already commented on the other one - but I do have an observation/question.

Why are things (mainly negative) from previous games (mainly TS3) used as a basis for why something is an unpopular opinion? For example, I don't miss open world or CASt because it lagged/crashed/took forever to load/broke my computer/made all my Sims look weird, etc. TS4 is a newest iteration and features, if ever implemented should be - at least in my opinion - be better than the previous one. So if open world ever did make a return - in future iterations - wouldn't we all expect it to be better optimised (less laggy, less crashy, less slowy, more amazing than before)? Or is this very much a case of once bitten, twice shy?

Like I said, just an observation on my part.

I guess I'll throw an unpopular opinion or two in the mix: the graphics are growing on me, but I still would like to see a lean toward more realistic textures and less cartoon type looks/environments.

I really really dislike recolors - no slight to the people who make them, but having all these separate objects recolored to try to match what's already in game is the bane of my life.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Well it seems like disliking open world is becoming the popular opinion around here haha.
    So -
    1. I miss open world. It made my small towns feel alive and I love all the options it gave me as far as the quality of my Sim's life.
    2. Outdoor Retreat is the best game pack to me.
    3. I really want transportation to make a return. Even if it's like Sims 2. Just seeing other Sims riding bikes or driving cars will give my game that boost of immersion it needs.
    4. I enjoy most of the Stuff packs.
    5. I wish supernaturals came with each expansion pack like in previous versions. They don't feel anymore fleshed out to me at all. And now we'll probably get fewer than before.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2018
    • I have no interest in visiting Selvadorada, I haven't even been there once, I saw Thesimsupply do a lets play, that was enough for me. I only got the pack for the build/buy items.
    • I am really bored of Seasons and I found the whole pack anticlimactic the fact it broke my game didn't win it any brownie points either.
    • The weather effects in Seasons were also a bit of a let down - rain looks like plasticine falling from the sky.
    • I hate the foundation decorations in Seasons. It looks tacky, I hate the fact it spawns on my neighbours' houses too.
    • I do not like the Cats & Dogs EP this was also hype over nothing, I don't know why I bought it when I don't even give my Sims pets, it's a nice world though.
    • City Living is just rubbish.
    • I hate Supernatural Sims, I used to have a mod to stop vampires and ghosts
    • I do not use aliens, I dislike them too.
    • The game is too childish for me, but mods help.
    • There isn't enough English names for townies.

2UFyFUV.png

• CzechacekCzechacek Posts: 13 New Member
    I´m upset because I can´t:
    - place a lots in neighborhoods freely and change its size!!!
    - change color of ceilings
    - make terrain adjustments
    - send cats/dogs to job (what are they for? :D )
    - finally, I really miss color palette from Sims 3 :(
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I like how these sorts of threads always go from actual "unpopular opinions" to just "a list of things I don't like" in a heartbeat :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »
    I like how these sorts of threads always go from actual "unpopular opinions" to just "a list of things I don't like" in a heartbeat :D

That's because the things I like are commonly liked across the community. I.e. CAS, build mode tools, the glass rooves, gardening update etc.

:smiley:
    2UFyFUV.png

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't want Supernatural added to the game.
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    chozobo wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs is trash.

You know, Sim Supply did a poll of his viewers and Cats and Dogs came in I think 2nd or 3rd of all expansion, game, and stuff packs, with Seasons at #1, I believe. And to be honest it was watching his Let's Play called Wags to Riches with the Vet Clinic that made me come back to TS4 after years of hiatus (basically since right after it launched). So it pains me to say this but... I completely agree with you.

Cats and dogs are incredibly buggy, and having them in the household introduces tons of gameplay issues because Sims can't seem to prioritize doing other activities vs. petting or talking to the animals. I still get runaway queue lists scrolling along the left side of the screen ("pet dog -pet dog -pet dog -pet dog -pet dog -pet dog -pet dog - PET DOG!!!"). They can't find a food dish when it's right in front of their faces. They need to be "let out" despite having multiple pet doors in the house. You train 8 misbehaviors out of them and 3/4 of them are ignored for the purposes of the "animal lover" achievement. The expansion is riddled with bugs and annoying features. I almost wish I hadn't bought it. And once my animal-loving Sim who is my 3rd Gen heir dies, for the rest of the Legacy I don't think there will be any pets in my house.

It pains me because the pets are cute and there are some nice interactions/animations. But I can't deal with the frustrating bugs. They drive me up the wall.

It pains me because the pets are cute and there are some nice interactions/animations. But I can't deal with the frustrating bugs. They drive me up the wall.

This.

And all of the pre-existing bugs have been amplified because of Seasons.
    2UFyFUV.png

vikixc wrote: »
    And all of the pre-existing bugs have been amplified because of Seasons.

Seasons, while having added some very fun features, does seem to have exacerbated a great many bugs.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    A lot of the clothing in the base game just looks bland and boring and the same. Like why do we need 10 different tank tops? I want too see something more unusual and creative
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I preferred the game without toddlers. So much so that I am searching for a mod to get rid of that life stage in my game.
  • MezinkaMezinka Posts: 111 Member
    The Sims has a lot of content but lacks depth.

The game lacks the charm of the others.

No need for supernatural life stages.
    double_facepalm.jpg
    Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
    My unpopular opinion is that I preferred the game without toddlers. So much so that I am searching for a mod to get rid of that life stage in my game.

I love toddlers, and I could not play Sims 4 without them. The idea of an infant doing a "spin" and becoming an instant 10-year-old was just not something I could stomach. Plus I loved the toddler stage in TS2 and 3.

However, I can't entirely disagree with your statement because toddlers are so freaking buggy. They end up aggravating me more than anything else. And I don't mean because they are doing "toddler things" -- I love that. Go ahead and throw a tantrum. But stop glitching out when you are "getting a serving". And stop having the parents put them in, out, in, out, in, out, ad infinitum, of the high chair. Things like that.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I love toddlers, and I could not play Sims 4 without them. The idea of an infant doing a "spin" and becoming an instant 10-year-old was just not something I could stomach. Plus I loved the toddler stage in TS2 and 3.

However, I can't entirely disagree with your statement because toddlers are so freaking buggy. They end up aggravating me more than anything else. And I don't mean because they are doing "toddler things" -- I love that. Go ahead and throw a tantrum. But stop glitching out when you are "getting a serving". And stop having the parents put them in, out, in, out, in, out, ad infinitum, of the high chair. Things like that.

Nope, I bought Sims 4 originally because I did not have toddlers. That was one of the big selling points.
    Nope, I bought Sims 4 originally because I did not have toddlers. That was one of the big selling points.

I understand that. I was merely saying that I would normally completely disagree with your "unpopular opinion" but that, due to bugs, even I, who love toddlers, can sympathize.

• sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2018
    1. Bella Goth is the most boring Sim in the entire game. She was more interesting in TS2 when she was gone and unplayable. All she ever does in my game is bake rice crispy treats and watch soapies.

2. Seasons, I like. Holidays can go to P L U M B B O B. Talk Like a Pirate Day is dumb as plumbbob. Lottery Day is stupid. At least with the major holidays, you can change them or turn them off. Those other ones just pop up out of nowhere. If I could turn them off, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

3. I liked UNI in TS2. I hope a UNI pack comes out soon.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    - I actually liked the My First Pet stuff pack.
    - I despise Alpha CC. It looks hideous.
    - I prefer The Sims without an open world. Sounded good on paper but didn't work out.
    - Get Together is the worst expansion pack so far.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    -I'm fine with babies being the way they are. I am not a fan of babies IRL so I have no need for the game to make them more than they are already.
    -I never understood what the fuss was about adding laundry to the game. Sure, I played with it occasionally in Sims 3 when it came as part of a pack I wanted, but I have no desire whatsoever to buy Laundry Stuff.
    -I think Stuff Packs are overpriced and haven't bought one since Sims 2. I did, however, use the Sims 3 store.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Treebrooke wrote: »
    1. I DON'T miss the open world - Stability beats lack of loading screens.
    2. Sims 3 was the worst in the entire series. I liked the sims games in this order: Sims 4, Sims 2, Sims Medieval, Sims Castaway, Sims 1, the Sims 3. I hated it until mods came out to sort of fix it and even then I haven't touched it since sims 4 came out. It was clunky, crashy, buggy, hard to play, games were corrupted to the point of unplayable after only a few generations, and all the sims acted the SAME.
    3. I don't care about University, it's ALWAYS the worst expansion.
    4. The snow depth is fine.

It’s unpopular opinions about the sims 4, not the sims 3
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member

You don't need a mod. Just age them up immediately after they age up from being babies. Problem solved.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg