Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Tbh, I don't think they should have told us an update was coming because that made us me feel that it would be a big one.

I sort of understand why they are doing the lifestream but not really. I feel like they think that we wouldn't get the hang of it and they wanted to show us but hey, I haven't seen the new gallery so I don't really know
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I thought they said there was going to be a livestream AND patch fix? Maybe what they're doing in the live stream has nothing to do with what we all just got at this time? Maybe it'll show something coming? Maybe it'll show something they're not putting in the notes we just got about the patch?

As for the painter thing did me no good as I put easels here and there throughout the world anyway pfft....I have them in parks and museums. For a Sim to randomly whip out an easel in the middle of bowling would seem a bit ridiculous to me XD
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    omg I wish they would have at least fixed the smelly piles of leaves all over the world. WHY OH WHY does Oasis Spring even spawn these dumb piles. Maybe it will be mentioned in the livestream...someone let me know pretty please.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They were not kidding when they said not to over hype this patch total yawn.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, that's as underwhelming as expected. At least they announced the gardening patch before. Being silent about the gallery update made it seem like something that could be exciting...

And am I reading this right - The big problem where every townie freezes to death when they go jogging or having a party isn't fixed either? I only see one mention about basketball.
  • Options
    Light511Light511 Posts: 16 Member
    Can you give me link for stream please ?
  • Options
    Well, that's as underwhelming as expected.

And am I reading this right - The big problem where every townie freezes to death when they go jogging or having a party isn't fixed either? I only see one mention about basketball.

Wow I was just thinking about that. They could have at least added a way for us to give a dress code for parties.
  • Options
    Light511 wrote: »
    Can you give me link for stream please ?

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    now I can skip both the update and the livestream, good.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    omg I wish they would have at least fixed the smelly piles of leaves all over the world. WHY OH WHY does Oasis Spring even spawn these dumb piles. Maybe it will be mentioned in the livestream...someone let me know pretty please.

Yes! They say that evwry maps have special wheater. Ok. So whyyyy are in OS the terrible piles of leaves!!!
  • Options

Yes! They say that evwry maps have special wheater. Ok. So whyyyy are in OS the terrible piles of leaves!!!

I guess in all fairness leaves can and will fall even in hotter climates. I live in Florida and I had an oak tree next to my house that always did go dormant and lose leaves every winter...and yeah, there's no fall down here, but it gets cold in winter and the trees generally lose leaves in December or January. However, it's because I had a tree next to my house. If there's no trees on or near your lot in OS then yeah it'd be goony otherwise it's not impossible at all.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

I guess in all fairness leaves can and will fall even in hotter climates. I live in Florida and I had an oak tree next to my house that always did go dormant and lose leaves every winter...and yeah, there's no fall down here, but it gets cold in winter and the trees generally lose leaves in December or January. However, it's because I had a tree next to my house. If there's no trees on or near your lot in OS then yeah it'd be goony otherwise it's not impossible at all.

No, I take pic next time. No tree around pile
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Guys, they're about to start the livestream. Why don't we wait until it's over before flying into a rage and saying that it was unnecessary?
    #Team Occult
  • Options

I could buy into this if the trees around Oasis Springs even had tree leaves remotely close to those leaf piles. Even where the piles are spawning, there are no trees at least in the neighborhoods I have seen. Florida is different from arid deserts.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    They didn't fix the multiple Trending Hashtags (#cityliving and #parenthood are 3 times)
  • Options

I could buy into this if the trees around Oasis Springs even had tree leaves remotely close to those leaf piles. Even where the piles are spawning, there are no trees at least in the neighborhoods I have seen. Florida is different from arid deserts.

Ah true, but I see all kinds of Trees in the parks in OS. Plus you can place any sort of trees in build mode. And yeah like I said leaves showing where there are no trees is a bit weird. I guess I'll have to wait 'til my boys experience fall...they're still dealing with spring.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Notification harassment is back, now Gallery harass you more, yahoo !

Can be turned off :) !
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    It seems they will add the feature of using custom pictures for buildings in the future, well that's something
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    Who asked for trending hashtags in the gallery? Once again I ask myself why their priorities are so weird.
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2018
    I rarely use the gallery, so this update was inconsequential to me, but the Gurus just said that they have more updates planned for August. So I'm curious to see what those will entail!
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    An hour long live stream for a new gallery UI.

Where's that gif of Mariah Carey sarcastically saying "loving that concept" when I need it lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Boring livestream... as if they discover the Gallery...

It's a 2014 livestream replay
  • Options
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Livestream for a patch?
    Maybe build a world tool?

Would love a build a world tool. Right now I put others saves in my game to make a newer world or just keep redoing my worlds. I would love to see what the world builders from sims 3 like @Rflong7 could do for us. She made the best worlds for sims 3 so creative.

Again Kate listed this out! She tweeted about what we are not getting a few days ago and basically eveything that we want the most was confirmed not coming with this update

I know that I was just stating what I would love to see like a bunch of others on this post. So I was not saying that is what I think it would be. Could be anything. If it is the gallery I hope they lose the offensive hashtags about stealing. No one is stealing anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top