March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

This must be the size of toddlers since they had a Livestream with it. Gosh I hope it's cars. Coinsidently it's coming the same day as Cats and Dogs on the consoles.

Edit
Update isn't Cars. Hope it's Pool Items then.

Update
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I hope it's cars and garage too
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I hope it's cars and garage too

Cars have been ruled out. Maybe a new world.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ohh exciting! Bring it!
    egTcBMc.png
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2018
    Ok , no hype here . :/ it's just a patch. Nothing to get excited about. They should have just kept this as a secret until the 31.
    Post edited by beville on
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd love an update filled with a bunch of new traits, aspirations and UI changing stuff like more trait slots or likes/fears ect. They've proven they can add both traits and aspirations in patches in the past. Not sure they'd do a live stream for something like that though so I really hope it's something brand new and exciting.

I'd love to see something big that isn't simply a re-tread of something that was in a previous game.
    ~ ~ ~
    beville wrote: »
    Aww seriously ! Oh well here's to dreaming. :(

I know. I'm very disappointed already.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I hope it's something else exciting regardless. I mean if it's worth doing a live stream over...
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    My money was on cars until I saw this thread. Now I don't know.

Is it too much to hope for Create a World?
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2018
    SimGurus just wanted everyone to have a heads up on the upcoming stream, but let's keep our cool heads :smile:

We'll be hosting the stream on the forums as well - thread will be here.
    I want a new world so we have more lots to place builds on. Fingers are crossed.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I know it's probably not much but I really hope they include body hair.

OMG! Could this be terrain editing features/CAW of some type????? I'm probably overhyping myself but that would be great
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, it's free, so I'm sure whatever they come up with will be appreciated. Unless it makes the game completely unplayable, but probably not :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited July 2018
    Ocean swimming would be nice. But tbh I want them to concentrate on bug fixes because the game is in bad shape atm. Perhaps they give us another update on gardening because the Seasons system isn't working. Or perhaps restocking items in retail will finally cost money.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Since cars have been ruled out I'm curious to see what else would call for a Livestream.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love bug updates and free content, so whatever it is in an update, I feel I would most likely be happy with. :smile:

I have been very pleased with the Seasons pack (and the Parenthood pack) that I got so far, so I feel pretty good for any updates they bring to the table. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Since we got Pools in the Base Game I think it would make sense if this is about more Pool Content. It is Summer after all. I know more pool items are likely to come in a pack but that doesn't mean they'll not just put them in a free update.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Since we got Pools in the Base Game I think it would make sense if this is about more Pool Content. It is Summer after all. I know more pool items are likely to come in a pack but that doesn't mean they'll not just put them in a free update.

The thing is you didn’t even get pools in the base game lol It was an update in November 2014 that was much hyped for so little
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

The thing is you didn’t even get pools in the base game lol It was an update in November 2014 that was much hyped for so little

Oops I meant in a Base Game Update.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m disappointed that it’s not cars, but they said it’s a feature update, meaning an update or overhaul of something already in game. This makes me think of what they did with gardening in that update.

So the question is, what feature already in game could they update or improve upon?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited July 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m disappointed that it’s not cars, but they said it’s a feature update, meaning an update or overhaul of something already in game. This makes me think of what they did with gardening in that update.

So the question is, what feature already in game could they update or improve upon?

May guess is that they will update gardening AGAIN because currently

- many players don't have to weed or to water their plants at all
    - we have no fruits or flowers at festivals or GTW workplaces
    - wild plants in Granite Falls are immediately identified, making the herbalism skill impossible
    - we can't hire a gardener.

I think this feature needs a new direction ...
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I hope it's something like a bunch of new traits and aspirations. We could use some more, especially for children.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    When will the livestream starts?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    They literally asked us to not over hype the patch size. I'm looking forward to whatever it may be, but they already dismissed cars and I highly doubt it will be the size of toddlers. Still, glad to know it's more than bug fixes
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top