Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing something really small, lol...

It would be disappointing if it’s something not really noticeable or enhancing. Why bother with a livestream, then? They obviously want people to know about it and get attention to it if they’re announcing something (after telling us we have lost our teasers and are going back to the frustrating, long silences once again).

I’m hoping it’s a small tweak to whims or a part of the AI or something.

ETA: Or some kind of new B/B item. Or some bit of minor tweaking to existing systems, perhaps.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing something really small, lol...

It would be disappointing if it’s something not really noticeable or enhancing. Why bother with a livestream, then? They obviously want people to know about it and get attention to it if they’re announcing something (after telling us we have lost our teasers and are going back to the frustrating, long silences once again).

I’m hoping it’s a small tweak to whims or a part of the AI or something.

ETA: Or some kind of new B/B item. Or some bit of minor tweaking to existing systems, perhaps.

I'd be happy if it's just an update to the beds so our sims could relax on them.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    At least they’re being proactive and telling people not to get hyped up. I do think a livestream for a minor update is kind of a waste, and I don’t think they would suppress hype for a major update. It’s clearly not what players have been asking for since they have already clarified with a long list of no.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    A shot in the dark. A few fixes and seeing how it's summer I say it's finally the pool slide.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Livestream for a patch?
    Maybe build a world tool?
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Am I the only one who legitimately hopes it's a bunch of bug fixes, instead of additional content? There are still A LOT of bugs that 'Seasons' brought and still haven't been fixed yet. I honestly don't really care for additional content at the moment... especially when the game is barely playable in its current state as it is.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2018
    Am I the only one who legitimately hopes it's a bunch of bug fixes, instead of additional content? There are still A LOT of bugs that 'Seasons' brought and still haven't been fixed yet. I honestly don't really care for additional content at the moment... especially when the game is barely playable in its current state as it is.

It's bug fixes + a Feature Update. :) If that helps?
    Bah okay so I've never posted a tweet before and it's not wanting to display correctly. one moment

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think EA is beginning to understand we cannot handle silence, :| If we are cut off cold turkey, what do we do? Make a mess?.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Ok, its time to make the list of what's not on the list, the fact that it is a list at all to me shows we are getting something that we want/wanted.
    Maybe we will get something for our gardens, like and little animal, that sometimes can grow, and rare comes in different forms, and we can breed them, and sell them.
    I would love something like that.
    Oh No list, so do not make list. ok got it ;)o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

It's bug fixes + a Feature Update. :) If that helps?
    Bah okay so I've never posted a tweet before and it's not wanting to display correctly. one moment

I didn't read that far, so thanks for the info! I hope the patch finally fixes the major bugs that came with 'Seasons'... it's long overdue.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    EternaltricksterEternaltrickster Posts: 9 New Member
    What my biggest guess would be is that they just changed the way to navigate around a part if the game (like CAS) and they're streaming so that they can show us how its going to work. Maybe they remodeled the way CAS works without really changing anything?
  • Options

It's both. Grant said it's a bug fix and a new feature update.
  • Options
    What my biggest guess would be is that they just changed the way to navigate around a part if the game (like CAS) and they're streaming so that they can show us how its going to work. Maybe they remodeled the way CAS works without really changing anything?

It would be nice if they added color backgrounds to cas. Eg a red background.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Maybe it's story progression or something close to it.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Ok, its time to make the list of what's not on the list, the fact that it is a list at all to me shows we are getting something that we want/wanted.
    Maybe we will get something for our gardens, like and little animal, that sometimes can grow, and rare comes in different forms, and we can breed them, and sell them.
    I would love something like that.
    Oh No list, so do not make list. ok got it ;)o:)

I made a list on page 3 of all the things it is confirmed NOT to be. Let me know if I'm missing something.
  • Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Maybe it's story progression or something close to it.

Yep it's not on the list of things not coming so it may be story progression.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Maybe it's coloured hair for kids? Seriously, though, they need to add that feature. I so want my anime kids!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited July 2018
    Grant stated very clearly that it's a feature, not stuff, so, no new world, no pool stuff, no new hair, etc., etc., etc. What ever it is, it must be big enough or important enough to make a livestream about it to inform us. Plus, Kate said that at the end there would be some info about the future.
  • Options
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Grant stated very clearly that it's a feature, not stuff, so, no new world, no pool stuff, no new hair, etc., etc., etc. What ever it is, it must be big enough of important enough to make a livestream about it to inform us. Plus, Kate said that at the end there would be some info about the future.

Ah! Gotcha! Still, I wonder what it is. What would be considered a feature?
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Any kind of feature update is welcomed by me.
    But my most desperate hope is as follows,
    • Trait-emotion system overhaul: traits become the dominant personality of every sim, change most of the “happy” moonlet to “fine” (they’ve demonstrated that it’s possible in V and LD) and isolate happy as an independent emotion, maybe more trait slots for each sim?
    • Revamping of the hot/cold weather clothing: a tag-based system should avoid situations where sims died of freezing while jogging or dating
    • Game starts at map-view instead of CaS
    • World management tool: wider control for travel restrictions, spawning of NPCs, connection between worlds
    • (GTW) Maybe they liberated the workplaces? I’d love to have free-er placement for those job locations!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There's so many possibilities, it will be interesting to see what it actually turns out to be.
  • Options
    > @Simmer_chiyen said:
    > Any kind of feature update is welcomed by me.
    > But my most desperate hope is as follows,
    >
    > * Trait-emotion system overhaul: traits become the dominant personality of every sim, change most of the “happy” moonlet to “fine” (they’ve demonstrated that it’s possible in V and LD) and isolate happy as an independent emotion, maybe more trait slots for each sim?
    > * Revamping of the hot/cold weather clothing: a tag-based system should avoid situations where sims died of freezing while jogging or dating
    > * Game starts at map-view instead of CaS
    > * World management tool: wider control for travel restrictions, spawning of NPCs, connection between worlds
    > * (GTW) Maybe they liberated the workplaces? I’d love to have free-er placement for those job locations!

Good ideas. Especially the game starts at map view one. It's a bit of a pain that they force us to create our own family before they let us play.

It would also be good if they developed the family trees more and made more sims related to each other. It would make the game feel more developed.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Babies will be liberated from their cribs, woohoo!!!

but it said it had nothing to do with a life state new or otherwise
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I'm going with an overhaul to CAS....the following are well overdue:

-Hair colours
    -Body hair
    -piercings

That said a lifestream wouldn't be necessary for those...

I'm going with an overhaul to the traits system. Traits have been seriously overlooked for a long time, particularly on GPs/EPs where new traits would work. We also need a zodiac/faves/turn ons system....
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    A hotel system would be nice...but that would probably require a game pack at the very least. Hopefully when/if they add that, they throw in a beach world.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top