Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    They literally asked us to not over hype the patch size. I'm looking forward to whatever it may be, but they already dismissed cars and I highly doubt it will be the size of toddlers. Still, glad to know it's more than bug fixes

Exactly! And then everyone proceeds to do the opposite.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I hope that maybe toddlers will be able to autonomously visit community lots! I've set up toddler play equipment in parks, but never seeing a toddler use it unless my Sim specifically invites them breaks immersion for me. Whatever the news is, it's going to be something special!
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I am very surprised and excited about this and that we'll be getting more info on the new strategy being employed at the end of the livestream. I absolutely hate being kept in the dark, so hopefully this is a sign we won't be going back to those days.

Hm, a free update to not get too hyped about. Maybe new careers? I would love new neighbourhoods added to the current worlds. Space is so limited!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m disappointed that it’s not cars, but they said it’s a feature update, meaning an update or overhaul of something already in game. This makes me think of what they did with gardening in that update.

So the question is, what feature already in game could they update or improve upon?

May guess is that they will update gardening AGAIN because currently

- many players don't have to weed or to water their plants at all
    - we have no fruits or flowers at festivals or GTW workplaces
    - wild plants in Granite Falls are immediately identified, making the herbalism skill impossible
    - we can't hire a gardener.

I think this feature needs a new direction ...
    But that wouldn't be a feature update. That would be bug fixes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    Gee I dont know what this could be. So much ruled out.
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2018
    Gee I dont know what this could be. So much ruled out.

no stairs either & not a new world
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    She didn't exclude body hair. But a livestream for body hair :o ... I would watch it <3
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    She didn't exclude body hair. But a livestream for body hair :o ... I would watch it <3

Ooh yes please.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    SimGurus just wanted everyone to have a heads up on the upcoming stream, but let's keep our cool heads :smile:

We'll be hosting the stream on the forums as well - thread will be here.

Something nice then :) looking forward to a new little bit of Sims-fun.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Trying to think of a core game item that needs severely updated but I’m not sure. All I can think about is either traits, emotions or careers.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'd like an update of the whims/aspirations system. It would make the whole game more fun.

This! I so much want an overhaul of the whims system... *crosses fingers and toes*
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I imagine it’s something really minor like an update to the CAS ui, or something.
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe I'm dreaming but I hope they fix some stuff like:
    1. Toddlers being able to go to restaurants;
    2. Snow depth;
    3. More Swimming-pool activities;
    4. Fix the hot/cold weather outfits so sims don't freeze/overheat when they're in party, formal, etc, clothes;
    Also I'd like them to add:
    1. An attraction system;
    2. Zodiac signs;
    3. More traits;
    4. A new world;

Anyway, I know a bunch of stuff was confirmed like: "no burglars or firefighters" and "No Cars, New/Current Life States or Stages, NPCs, CAW, Open World/Neighborhood, Terrain Tools, Color Wheel, Beaches, Swimming, Newspapers, Pizza, Fruitcake, Llamas, Bunnies, Console or Mobile "
    So I'm just waiting to see how it goes. ;)

Edit: Just seen they said "Not about a new world"
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'd like an update of the whims/aspirations system. It would make the whole game more fun.

This! I so much want an overhaul of the whims system... *crosses fingers and toes*

I really do hope the update has something about the personalities of our sims or the whims. This would make me a very happy simmer.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    2. Snow depth;
    4. Fix the hot/cold weather outfits so sims don't freeze/overheat when they're in party, formal, etc, clothes;
    1. An attraction system;
    2. Zodiac signs;
    3. More traits;
    4. A new world;

Anyway, I know a bunch of stuff was confirmed like: "no burglars or firefighters" and "No Cars, New/Current Life States or Stages, NPCs, CAW, Open World/Neighborhood, Terrain Tools, Color Wheel, Beaches, Swimming, Newspapers, Pizza, Fruitcake, Llamas, Bunnies, Console or Mobile "

I want an update to beds so sims can cuddle,kiss and makeout in them.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2018
    I wonder why they do the Livestream. Maybe it really is "just" the new communication strategy at play here? Maybe they'll more regularly have them to update us on stuff, even if nothing super big is coming out soon? Hmmm. Who knows :) I'm curious to see the stream either way!!! Too bad I can't play much sims right now as I can't spend much time on my PC when it's this hot outside buuut.. I'm looking forward to getting back into it once things have cooled off and a few nice bug fixes & feature update are surely welcome :D
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    2. Snow depth;
    1. An attraction system;
    2. Zodiac signs;
    3. More traits;
    4. A new world;

I want an update to beds so sims can cuddle,kiss and makeout in them.

Well thought, @catloverplayer I'd love a bed update as well :smiley:
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    A fantastic update would be the possibility to let the game prefer your own self-made NPCs instead of creating insane new ones.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Gurus say to not get too over-hyped> community gets over-hyped anyway XD

I'm betting it's some change in the phone calls system or the gallery, something minor like that. Something that is not too big but will affect the way we play the game hence the live stream.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top