Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Things or Bug Fixes?

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd rather they smooth out all these bugs first before introducing new content that will break more things.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    I rarely see bugs so most of the fixes has not created anything for me - so I get excited for new stuff. My game always plays amazing and what few I have seen was just a matter of avoiding the things with issues - as the gameplay itself has been flawless. I saw trouble with the Lice cold freezer not selling veggies/fruits and the bargain table not selling things for a while. I believe there was also an issue with selling pictures but I never tried buying or selling any to know for sure. LOL.

So I can understand if games need serious fixes why that would be more important to the people with the issues. Because of that I do really appreciate the constant fixes the teams work on and put out every month - sometimes even more often. I can imagine for someone having bug problems - new things wouldn't be appreciated if they can't even play the game due to issues.

So I see both sides of the coin - but I am glad I rarely ever have had issues in Sims 4 - thank goodness.Unlike Sims 3 - I can't fix the game myself - LOL. It's inner sanctions is a mystery out of my league - for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I rarely see bugs so most of the fixes has not created anything for me - so I get excited for new stuff. My game always plays amazing and what few I have seen was just a matter of avoiding the things with issues - as the gameplay itself has been flawless. I saw trouble with the Lice cold freezer not selling veggies/fruits and the bargain table not selling things for a while. I believe there was also an issue with selling pictures but I never tried buying or selling any to know for sure. LOL.

So I can understand if games need serious fixes why that would be more important to the people with the issues. Because of that I do really appreciate the constant fixes the teams work on and put out every month - sometimes even more often. I can imagine for someone having bug problems - new things wouldn't be appreciated if they can't even play the game due to issues.

So I see both sides of the coin - but I am glad I rarely ever have had issues in Sims 4 - thank goodness.Unlike Sims 3 - I can't fix the game myself - LOL. It's inner sanctions is a mystery out of my league - for sure.

The Sims 4 has its share of bugs, but most of them are isolated issues. If they affect Gameplay they usually send out a Emergency Patch right away (except for the clock going backwards glitch).

Sims 3 usually had unavoidable bugs and we had to wait for the next pre-pack patch for a fix. But it was usually world related which meant no matter where you went it would happen.

That’s my experience anyway. 3’s bugs were in your face all the time, where 4 usually has broken gameplay that’s isolated to a specific thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The Sims 4 has its share of bugs, but most of them are isolated issues. If they affect Gameplay they usually send out a Emergency Patch right away (except for the clock going backwards glitch).

Sims 3 usually had unavoidable bugs and we had to wait for the next pre-pack patch for a fix. But it was usually world related which meant no matter where you went it would happen.

That’s my experience anyway. 3’s bugs were in your face all the time, where 4 usually has broken gameplay that’s isolated to a specific thing.

But I could fix the bugs myself in Sims 3 - I can't in Sims 4 because I can't get into the worlds for one thing. But in Sims 4 I am lucky as most of the bugs people have had - I just don't seem to get them - so I don't go nuts because I can't get into the worlds to search out issues as I really don't seem to get any kind of issues that would even need that kind of depth.

For instance just the routing in Sims 4 is totally different - technically sims can't get stuck like they could in previous sims games - this game engine has Smart routing so the sim/AI can see a possible route issue before it happens and slightly alters the sims route at the most and at the least plow right through it. LOL.

I have never had an issue with the time clock - it work stellar for me so I cannot determine what creates the issue for people that have it. I totally get what the devs tell us - that they have to see a duplicate of a problem in the game in order to fix it - because you cannot guess about these kind of thing - you have to see it happen and each connected thing surrounding the issue to see where the problem lies.

Also Sims 4 has Smart technology AI - something I know absolutely nothing about and there is not a lot of layman info out there for self taught people like me. When I studied computer it was before there was a windows of any kind - when we hand typed in every single program directly into the system - we used machine basic - way back in the late 70's and early 80's. Believe me, it's what I learned, and is zilch compared to computers and programming to day and. I am pretty certain I don't think I want to go head to head with any Smart Technologies. LOL. I prefer to just be in awe of it all.

The first computer I built myself came in a kit - made by Heathkit and was an H8 Heathkit computer. When we said we built a computer we really build a computer. Lol.

But I can still sympathize with folks with issues wanting things fixed - as really what is the point of new content if you game has serious issues. So yes - I very much get that and cannot blame them for choosing that option first.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

My game used to be amazing too! I never used to experience many of the bugs that many players were talking about, until last year. I started to notice bugs happening more and more often. Used to be rooting for new things, now I am desperately wanting these bugs fixed.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Maxis is not going to put their game on hold to fix bugs. Not only would that not help fix bugs, it would result in less money to pay for the people fixing all of the bugs. Some of the game’s bugs have been a problem for years, they have their own way of determining what bugs are important enough to fix. Anyone who played Sims 3 should be well aware that they will leave bugs, no matter how major, unfixed.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hmm... I want both! :smile:

I do like bug fixes whenever they can, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

My game used to be amazing too! I never used to experience many of the bugs that many players were talking about, until last year. I started to notice bugs happening more and more often. Used to be rooting for new things, now I am desperately wanting these bugs fixed.

Keep in mind I have been playing each Sims games since the day each came out - it is not as if I have not had the game since release day. So if my game did suddenly start playing badly - and it had not just had an update or new content - then I would take and look into why it suddenly went badly, as chances are it was because of something I added not made by maxis or some new play I had not yet tried - or lastly some computer issue not playing well with the games programming - or a computer update.

I would not just blindly blame it on the game and would look for the source - especially if I had not added anything to the game itself. If something goes bad - I back track until I find the source of the issue.

Also make sure you do constant maintenance on your pc - as just like all things - pcs need to be kept well maintained - clean - given periodic check -ups and all their components checked for performance issues. You need to make sure your pc is kept up to date and checked for heat issues or aging components.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Both are important, but I prefer new things. Besides, they always include bug fixes in every patch even if there is new content in it.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2018
    Currently, I'm impatiently waiting for them to fix the major bugs that came with 'Seasons'... including some that they claim have already been fixed, but not really...

1) The bug that causes Sims to come home from work/school when another Sim travels to a different lot during a holiday.
    2) The bug that causes Sims to suddenly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
    3) The bug that causes pets to be extra needy and fill up your queues (this was supposed to be fixed in the recent patch, but still occurs).
    4) The bug that causes Sims to stop what they're doing, stand up, and hug each other EVERY TIME you wanna make them simply chat while doing something (this especially occurs during meals, which is highly annoying).

I'm sure there are quite a few others, but these are the major ones that have made the game almost unplayable. These bugs make it extremely hard to actually enjoy playing the game.

EDIT: Also, there's a bug that causes Sims to wear completely random accessories when they're at the spa... and they literally can't be removed because that outfit technically isn't actually there in CAS (since it's just what they wear when in a towel or robe). My Sim wears a BEE KEEPER'S HAT whenever she goes into the sauna or gets a massage. It's annoying and unnecessary.

I love 'Seasons' A LOT, but I also won't ignore the fact that it broke the game. I've never seen an expansion pack break a Sims game as much as this one has, however... which is why I'm also very disappointed.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hoping they can fix this mess....:
    *image*

My queue just went crazy a few moments ago.

I think they did, no? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944269/july-10-2018-patch-notes#latest
    Cats & Dogs
    • Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.

I've experienced it in my game as well (even after updating). I even tried resetting my pet several times... but this bug still happens. My Sims are also constantly getting their activities interrupted because their cat ALWAYS wants attention. Literally all the time. It's especially annoying during meals.

This is the second time in the past month where they released a patch that was supposed to fix a certain bug, but never fully fixed it. The first one was the lag when placing wallpaper glitch. That took two patches to finally fix.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want and expect fixes, but I get the PEPS for new stuff. Don't we all?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm still waiting for the boats at Deadmans Island in Brendleton Bay to be fixed. I mentioned this to SGNick and he said they'd add it to the list. I know this isn't a gamebreaking bug but it's very aggrevating because only 1 sim can take the boat off the island. Boats that aren't on this island let multiple sims travel together.

This happens regardless if sims are in a group. For now I just have one sim take the boat off the island then I have to switch to the other sim and teleport them off the island. Very aggrevating.
  • Options
    Bellamy_PlaysBellamy_Plays Posts: 22 Member
    I would like both
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    They said there's going to be both.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    tiff_ben98tiff_ben98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I want the team to focus on bug fixes when new content is released, maybe the next few patches after a pack is released should focus on bug fixes and possibly add minor new content. I love new content, but playing the game gets a bit tedious when my sim becomes stuck in a position or doesn't follow any commands.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I would just like them to send Sims out with the appropriate clothing for the weather, even Townies. It's a bit of a shock for your single Sim who has no one to plead for her with the Grim Reaper.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Bug Fixes. A customer should be respected enough to fix the problems that keep them from enjoying their paid product. The game has so many bugs it ended my playing it. I can name at least ten in my own game that was frustrating (wiping out my saves was the straw). However, for those who stopped playing due to Origin or game bugs, or stopped buying anything else, those people deserve customer service. It's not making Maxis look good in my eyes. Others may be willing to keep buying but when it needs so many fixes that keep you from enjoying what you did buy, that's just wrong.

Others may not feel about a bug, but if people got GTW it should work. Period. If people bought Seasons, it shouldn't mess up vampire powers etc. (in a bug list), if they bought C&D then it should work as advertised, Period.
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Bug fixes, please! While my Sim was 'dining out', they waited 6 hours to never get served, 2 townies died during this time from overheating. It's becoming a joke. I don't mind weather related deaths, but can't they at least TRY to avoid getting themselves killeds? Its far too common.

Also during this, NO townies were interacting with each other. In bars, Sims tend to just stand around tapping their phones.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Bit of a hard choice, but I think I'll have to go with bug fixes. If they add new content, that will most definitely cause more bugs. If the bugs that are occuring now don't get fixed, adding new content would mean more bugs on top of the ones we already have.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I didn't vote, because I feel both are important - not either or. There are many groups of people to consider and please as a developer.

Yeah, I"m #TeamTacoGirl:

why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

They'e working on the bugs -- it's not a matter of snapping the fingers and everything's suddenly fixed. Seasons has been out for just over a month. It's going to take some time. They've got a team of developers that do nothing but read the reports of the bugs (both on the forum and at AnswersHQ) and work on fixing them or finding workarounds till they can be fixed.

In the meantime, new content (whether patched in for free or in paid packs) keeps the game from getting stale. For people who don't buy all the packs (especially those who may have skipped Seasons and/or Cats & Dogs because of higher system requirements), you're asking them to wait even longer for content they can purchase and play if you say they should call a halt to content production until every single bug is fixed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Leaf piles are aesthetically displeasing, but they're not game-breaking. Bugs that prevent people from even loading their game or that corrupt saves or that break key gameplay features are a lot more urgent. Knock wood, I've never had any of those issues, unlike in Sims 3 where I lost many saves to Error Code 12 or Error Code 16 until I installed some of the NRaas mods to turn off "features" that were killing my game. I can work around the leaf piles (my current Sims are in San Myshuno where I've never seen a leaf pile except for that area near Myshuno Meadows) and Willow Creek (they're on a farm located on the lot where Oakenstead used to sit, and there haven't been any leaf piles in the nearby open space but their first autumn there after moving from Newcrest just started.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited August 2018
    Right now, the game need to be fixed, there are a lot of bugs. Make the game stable and then add new features. :D:D
    he/him
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2018