Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Things or Bug Fixes?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Definitely both
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Tuff one. As much as I want to see some returned content, would really like some of the bugs fixed.

Currently I was starting a new legacy family and I don't know if it's just my game or not but I'm spending more time trying keep up with needs then being able to play any of the content in game. It's becoming tirsome and boring. And I don't wanna cheat.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I didn't vote, because I feel both are important - not either or. There are many groups of people to consider and please as a developer.

It's not either or. Nothing hurts a game company more than a bad reputation. And EA has won that title twice..and what was it for?...poor quality of games. They know their bad reputation, but Maxis seems to have hidden the memo. TS3 bugs didn't matter because those players bought anything and everything and just went ahead and got mods to 'fix' their problems. I didn't, I stopped buying. Gave them another chance with TS4, nope, seems they decided to ditch the bad rep memo, and go right back to producing buggy games.

And FYI (to anyone) Sims can get stuck out on a roof or ledge (roof) upstairs when a desk is next to a wall near that ledge. It's been patched twice. And Lice Freezer though patched three times, did not hold any veggies not just not being able to sell them. All that hard work disappeared twice already. I can't see wasting anymore money on a lack of quality control. And last time I played employees were removed and replaced by new ones, wiping out my hard work with restaurant employees, though they lived in a house and should have remained untouched. Sims going out to a stump to feed a baby (toddler) inside in his chair. Wiping out saves, and no way I was going to buy the vet career and it not even work correctly. Lots not showing on a map, lots in library reading as generic though set as retail and not being able to play them etc. It's a fat mess...don't forget missing suspects are still broken as far as I can tell by all the complaints. (that's just a handful and I have forgotten the ones that sent me through the roof).

ETA: I Just read the announcement we won't be posting our bug problems here on the forums anymore, good news? lol..I don't know, I've posted lots of stuff over on Answer Headquarters and not sure they were ever fixed. A few I've already mentioned.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    While I love all the new content that comes out, they have some bug fixes that definitely need to be addressed. Especially the ones that even mods can not fix.

Some of the bugs I think that should be fixed (and probably will never be done by modders because it is too hard is)
    • Fix the lag, which is especially present on large lots or when lots of sims are present. Seriously, this is probably the #1 thing that can cause a bad play session.
    • Improve the snowball and waterballoon fights. They fixed the toddler ball pit so it would be great if they fixed this too.
    • Fix the blurry screenshots (should be fixed soon.... hopefully)
    • Lots of other fixes I can think of that potentially could be fixed by mods but should be fixed be EA.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bug Fixes. A customer should be respected enough to fix the problems that keep them from enjoying their paid product. The game has so many bugs it ended my playing it. I can name at least ten in my own game that was frustrating (wiping out my saves was the straw). However, for those who stopped playing due to Origin or game bugs, or stopped buying anything else, those people deserve customer service. It's not making Maxis look good in my eyes. Others may be willing to keep buying but when it needs so many fixes that keep you from enjoying what you did buy, that's just wrong.

Others may not feel about a bug, but if people got GTW it should work. Period. If people bought Seasons, it shouldn't mess up vampire powers etc. (in a bug list), if they bought C&D then it should work as advertised, Period.

This ^^

2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd love a combination of the two. Even if it was just a couple ''random'' items again like with the one where we got that wooden duck, a bed,a chimney and some other stuff. I'm sure they have some wips laying around of items that didnt make the cut or whatever. Maybe some cas items, a painting or two.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.