Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your custom holidays

Comments

• Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    @Koteyka go for it! I think ill put mine as the first or second Sunday in spring, as thats close to when the American SuperBowl is.

I think i might do a mix of an independant film festival and large music festivals for an arts/music festival. I can create a lot with the outdoor movie screen from Movie Night and several music busking stations so peopke can watch live performances and an outdoor movie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    I'm probably going to create graduation and prom for the high schoolers and maybe a school field trip for the kids
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've finally got it all scheduled!
    I've tried to spread the holidays evenly across the days of the week and taking account of everyone's work schedules. Also only half of them are days off work.

Spring week 1: Pancake Day - Friday (nothing to do with the pancakes family!)
    Spring week 2: Easter (day off work) - Monday
    Spring week 3: Walpurgisnacht (day off work) - Tuesday
    Spring week 4: Love Day - Tuesday

Summer week 1: Carnival Day - Friday
    Summer week 2: Midsummer BBQ (day off work) - Saturday
    Summer week 3: SimNation Day (day off work) - Wednesday
    Summer week 4: Earth Day - Monday

Autumn week 1: Harvest Festival Day (day off work) - Friday
    Autumn week 2: Autumn Equinox - Wednesday
    Autumn week 3: Hallowe'en - Tuesday
    Autumn week 4: Bonfire Night (day off work) - Monday

Winter week 1: Diwali - Friday
    Winter week 2: Midwinter - Thursday
    Winter week 3: Christmas Eve (day off work) - Thursday & Christmas Day (day off work) - Friday
    Winter week 4: New Year (day off work) - Saturday

Phew! now to edit the greenhouses.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    I plan on researching holidays for different cultures. Some of my families are Asian, some Indian, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, Jewish, etc., and I hope to be able to let everyone celebrate their own holidays. Fingers crossed for much custom content. Maybe stuff packs? I would buy a different stuff pack for each culture if they were offered.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm going to make Ramadan :)

On a more silly note, I'm going to be totally narcissistic and have a 'Me' day where Sims feast and rejoice in the name of ParmaViolet87. I am the one who finds them their one true love, their dream jobs, punish their enemies. I am the goddess of their lives.

Everyone should do the same! :wink:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    akittycat69akittycat69 Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but when I was younger and living in Michigan we celebrated a Christmas in July.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Day of the Dead is May 5th - so I think that would be a good Holiday to do in the JA pack in the Spring. I wonder though if we can activate the Sugar skull givers somehow. We could do a parade of sorts in the Farmers market area - and bake some of the day of the dead recipe to share. Hmmm Wonder if I still have them though - as I had started a new game back when C&D came out with all new Sims. Must go look I think.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited June 2018
    There are great ideas on this thread!

I'd create a summer vacation multiple days in a row where kids don't have school and do summer activities.
    This, definitely!

EmmaVane wrote: »
    Pollination Day - The day aliens discovered that SimEarthers could carry their young and the species was saved.
    Yes!

Koteyka wrote: »
    WINTER (No work/school from Christmas eve to New Year)

I also like the idea of Earth Day. They can work on gardening skill, visit parks, and do outdoor activities.

I'd like to work in the Day of the Dead. Ghosts would have a big part in that one.

Llama/Plumbob Day? I don't know what I'd actually do, maybe make it a religious holiday of some sort, but definitely a day off school/work. Maybe they eat grilled cheese. Too bad they can't knock over gnomes like in Sims 3.

I definitely want to make my birthday a holiday. Creator's Day, maybe? I could have them spend time with their families and do creative things.

Maybe I'll make holidays for every skill...

I wonder how many holidays you can have. Could I make every day a holiday in one of my saves? Can you set holidays per group? I'd love to have holidays specifically for vampires, aliens, and plant sims!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Christmas Day, Shrove Tuesday (PANCAKE DAY!!!!), Easter and Halloween, they're the only holidays I celebrate really, except I gotta get gluten free pancakes now irl which are 2 times the prices but half the size
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2018

I'd create a summer vacation multiple days in a row where kids don't have school and do summer activities.
    This, definitely!

Pollination Day - The day aliens discovered that SimEarthers could carry their young and the species was saved.
    Yes!

I also like the idea of Earth Day. They can work on gardening skill, visit parks, and do outdoor activities.

I'd like to work in the Day of the Dead. Ghosts would have a big part in that one.

Llama/Plumbob Day? I don't know what I'd actually do, maybe make it a religious holiday of some sort, but definitely a day off school/work. Maybe they eat grilled cheese. Too bad they can't knock over gnomes like in Sims 3.

I definitely want to make my birthday a holiday. Creator's Day, maybe? I could have them spend time with their families and do creative things.

I wonder how many holidays you can have. Could I make every day a holiday in one of my saves? Can you set holidays per group? I'd love to have holidays specifically for vampires, aliens, and plant sims!

A day for my sims to worship me? Not sure how that would work, but now I have to try it. Creator Day.
    @phantasmkiss Every day can have a holiday. Holiday Gnomes, I think the tradition is called, where you either appease or kick and destroy the gnomes.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Day of the Dead is May 5th - so I think that would be a good Holiday to do in the JA pack in the Spring. I wonder though if we can activate the Sugar skull givers somehow. We could do a parade of sorts in the Farmers market area - and bake some of the day of the dead recipe to share. Hmmm Wonder if I still have them though - as I had started a new game back when C&D came out with all new Sims. Must go look I think.

isnt Day of the dead in october cinco de mayo is may 5th
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2018
    Valentine's Day. But maybe we'll call it Woohoo Day, or Day of the Woohoo. ;)

Also New Years Day - perfect time to pick your next Aspiration.

How about celebrate Fasting Day, right before Feast Day. Really appreciate grandma's gourmet cooking skill level 9.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    zensluv wrote: »
    Also New Years Day - perfect time to pick your next Aspiration.

Holy cow, thats an awesome idea for a cool gameplay twist. New aspiration every new years maybe even regardless of if the previous is completed or not. Brilliant! Im totally doing this
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm getting more excited for the holidays now that we know most of the traditions. I'm already planning out the traditions for the main major holidays. It's looking to be something like this...

Christmas-Attend Holiday Ceremony, Give Gifts, Father Winter, Decorate, Open Presents
    Thanksgiving-Attend Holiday Ceremony, Grand Meal, Invite Guests, Thankful Spirit
    Easter-Attend Holiday Ceremony, Flower Bunny, Egg Hunt
    4th of July-Fire Works, Bar-b-Que, Invite Guests, Water Fun
    New Years Eve-Fireworks, Invite Guests, Make Resolution, Party Spirit, Countdown to midnight

I also wanted to make holidays like Mother's Day and Father's Day, so that'll probably just involve giving gifts and thankful spirit. I'm so excited :)
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Just another reason to love the forums. Everyone here has such great ideas! I'm loving the idea of some kind of "Creator Day" -- I'm totally putting that in my game!

Personally, I'll be keeping the more "Simified" holidays like Harvestfest, etc. and I'll be making some other fictional holidays as well (even if they closely resemble real-life ones here and there).

I've planned out one that I'm calling "Jolly Sim Day"! I typed up a little description in my notes, here...
    "A holiday centered around Sims and how great they are! Sims are encouraged to take the day off and participate in fun spring-centric activities. It’s also a great day for starting a budding new relationship or celebrating long-lasting ones. Also, a day for Sims to spend time with their friends and family, and remember those who are no longer with them."

It's going to be the first Monday of spring (I'll be having fourteen-day seasons), and the traditions will be...
    Party Spirit, Romantic Spirit, Invite Guests, Go On A Date, Remembrance

But I might wind up changing out one or two so they can be sure to do some fun spring activities! And I'm brainstorming a "Spring Cleaning" kind of holiday too... Hmm...

So many possibilities!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

This, definitely!

Yes!

There is a big, clear Llama statue in build/buy. With the "Appreciate an Object", you could have a ceremony where a group of sims gather around it and worship/party.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m struggling to come up with some simmified names for some of my holidays. I’ll list what I’ve got below and I’ll list the ones I’m struggling with - anyone have any suggestions??

So far I’m set on:
    Love Day (Valentine’s Day)
    St. Gnomes Day (Gotta have a St. Patrick’s Day spin-off full of mischief and holiday gnomes!!)
    Bunny Hop Day (Aka Easter - thanks for the suggestion @Sweet_Italy :love: )
    Simdependence Day (Independence Day/4th of July)
    Spooky Day (Halloween)
    Harvest Day (Thanksgiving - decided against Turkey Day because not all of my families may make turkey!)
    Snowflake Day (Aka Christmas)

Still need help on:
    New Year’s Eve/Day
    Post edited by a_niles06 on
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @a_niles06 im not sure for most of those, but i think they've set up the "easter" holiday as Egg Day. You could also do something like "Bunny Hop Day" or "Day of New Blooms" as an allude to new spring flowers.
    Christmas could be "Frost Day" or "Snowflake Social"?
    Not sure on the others though, i also want a new name for New Years.

Im also trying to come up with a name for an
    arts/independant film festival im gonna make. Im building a lot with busking stations, an outdoor movie screen, bubble blower and fire pit. Im thinking something Freezer Bunny related, as some of the decor includes the freezer bunny guitar and portable bar, but im drawing a blank. I want something fun like Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza, but more "sim-ified".
  • Options
    @Sweet_Italy What about a play on what you listed? Instead of Bonnaroo what about Bunnaroo? Or Freezerpalooza? Or you could go simple with Freezer Bunny Art Festival or Freezer Fest?
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    @a_niles06 ooh, i like Freezerpalooza! I was trying to avoid anything "-fest" since theres already a few holidays with that in the name. But i like your idea, i think I'll use it!
  • Options
    @Sweet_Italy Aw yay glad to be of help!! You’ll have to share pics - I can’t wait to see your Freezerpalooza!!

Also, I can’t explain why but Egg Day just sounds so gross :lol: But I LOVE Bunny Hop Day!!! That is adorable and totally what I’m using in place of Easter. Thank you!!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I wonder with "Appreciate an Object" could I have Sims appreciate toilets?! lol

Have a day that's for appreciating toilets and Father Winter.
  • Options
    I wonder with "Appreciate an Object" could I have Sims appreciate toilets?! lol

Have a day that's for appreciating toilets and Father Winter.

Omg. Please test this and share your results :lol:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I think I will place a Vladislaud Straus Statue someplace and the appreciation of an object will go for this, for the vampires in Forgotten Hollow :smiley:
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    I’m struggling to come up with some simmified names for some of my holidays. I’ll list what I’ve got below and I’ll list the ones I’m struggling with - anyone have any suggestions??

So far I’m set on:
    Love Day
    St. Gnomes Day (Gotta have a St. Patrick’s Day spin-off full of mischief and holiday gnomes!!)
    Bunny Hop Day (Aka Easter - thanks for the suggestion @Sweet_Italy :love: )
    Simdependence Day
    Spooky Day

Need some help with:
    New Year’s Eve/Day
    Thanksgiving (Considering Turkey Day but people call it that IRL so I kind of want to avoid that. I don’t like Harvestfest - to me that sounds more like a festival type thing than a holiday family gathering.)
    Christmas (Again, don’t like Winterfest. And same as Easter - I want it centered more around the family time, the meal, the warm fuzzy feelings, gift giving, decorating, etc.)

@a_niles06 I've found myself using "feast" a lot in my name instead of fest. Like Harvest Feast. I'm also doing some others that I was originally calling spring, summer, fall, and winter feasts. I use fest once, for Fire Fest which is going to be Independence Day. Maybe the traditions you set for the holidays might give you some ideas?