Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your custom holidays

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    These are my holidays (so far)

Spring:
    Pancake day (with custom traditions to cook and eat pancakes.)
    Eggster (pretty standard with egg hunt, decorations and flower bunny, I do have be off work but I put it on a Sunday so most would be off work anyway)
    Walpurgis night (bonfire, singing, family dinner - no decorations and not off work)

Summer:
    Last day of school (not off work, but party spirit and dancing)
    Summer solstice (basically Swedish midsummer - a holiday in the midst of summer holiday. Decorate, dancing, drinking, singing, party spirit)
    Summer holiday (this goes on for a bout a third of my summer, no work, no school (help of LittleMsSam's costum traditions). This allows for the sims to have a proper holiday, travel, relax, have fun, build skills and rest. Teens and children have an extra two days where their parents still have to work. (in my game with 21 day seasons, this means that kids and teens are off for a week and a half, adults for a week)

Fall:
    Fall cleaning day (gardening, cleaning)
    Harvestfest (Traditional as in game but earlier as a harvestfest would correlate to the end of summer and harvest and not be in november, this is the first friday after fall starts in my game.)
    Spookyween (wear costume, trick or treat, family dinner, decorate)
    Bonfire Night (because who doesn't want to light piles of leaves on fire?, other than that, family dinner and story telling)

Winter:
    Winter's eve - decorate, light festive lighting, family dinner
    Winterfest - pretty standard but I added giving gifts as well as opening presents.
    Winterrest - day after, traditions include sleeping, watching tv, reading books - everyone is off from work
    New Year's Eve - standard as in game.
    Love Day - standard as in game

For me all of these are in a row (save for love day which is last day of winter), meaning holiday starts when the sims get off work on winter's eve and they are then off work until after New Year's Eve. I work off a three week/season (each season 21 days, 12 weeks a year). NYE is on the last Saturday of the first week of winter (correlating to last of December).

Birthdates and anniversaries:
    Other than that I have made all my playable sim's birthdays and anniverseries into holidays so that I can more easily keep track. These holidays have no traditions connected and everyone goes to work as usual - it's mostly a reminder for me to play that household and age sims up when appropriate (I try to keep ages consistent among my played sims, so they are toddlers for one year, children for two, teenagers for two, YA for four, adults for four, elder for one to three)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Oh and I forgot, Parent's day in spring (family dinner, hug a parent, give gifts)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!