Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your custom holidays

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'll probably keep the default holidays, but add a summer vacation, that will be the whole week, plus one extra day each season for winter, fall & spring break. I always hate that my kids spend so much time in school, so now I can give them some more free time! I play on long life, so they'll still have plenty of time to get their grads up.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but when I was younger and living in Michigan we celebrated a Christmas in July.

I once lived in Ohio and they celebrated Xmas in July too.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Spooky Day is obviously going to be the first thing I stick on the calendar.

After that, I may have to wait for some CC traditions. I'd really like to make something like E3/Gamescom, and something like Comic-Con. I'd need video gaming traditions, maybe some kind of costume contest event.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Now that we have a full list of traditions I can tell you what Sims 4 Australia day is going to be: Bar-B-Que, Drinking, Water Fun, Invite guests, and maybe streaking (hard maybe). This holiday will take place in summer.

and a aussie public holiday is just going to be: Bar-B-Que and drinking
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Now that we have a full list of traditions I can tell you what Sims 4 Australia day is going to be: Bar-B-Que, Drinking, Water Fun, Invite guests, and maybe streaking (hard maybe). This holiday will take place in summer.

and a aussie public holiday is just going to be: Bar-B-Que and drinking

This is going to be exactly my Aus day but with definite streaking
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    @Rae357 I’ve thought about including feast - so far I just prefer the day ones instead! I think I’m gonna default back to Snowflake Day for Christmas. New Year’s may just have to stay that because I cannot come up with anything else!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2018
    I dont know if i could make a holiday to celebrate the return of weather but i dont know what to call it
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I was watching TheEnglishSimmer and she showed the default calendar if you start in spring with 1 weeks seasons and I’m definitely planning to put Halloween in and maybe a summer and winter break days to give my sim kids 2-4 days off in a row lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm thinking that Summer will have some sort of Sim Day celebration - like a national holiday. And my Aliens could use a holiday that's just for them.

I want to do a Sim Day in mid-summer. I'm also doing an All Souls Day/Dia de los Muertos in the autumn then in Spring a Silly Day where Sims wear costumes and go around telling jokes and doing pranks -- sort of an all-day Humor and Hijinks Festival. And I'm combining Mothers and Fathers Day into Parents Day, where parents do fun stuff and the kids take care of themselves (if there are toddlers, hire a nanny); I can send them out for a couples' spa treatment, have them visit the lounge to see if there's a good performer or go dancing at the nightclub, then dinner at Chez Llama.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've been giving this a lot of thought, perhaps too much (while overtired last night I had a philosophical debate with myself over the moral implications of setting holidays for my sims but not allowing them the day off work) and finally I've figured it out:

Spring
    - Walpurgisnacht: eggs and bonfires welcome, combining the vernal equinox and the restarting of life within nature with other elements, such as the influence of pancake day; sims have a traditional meal of pancakes. Bob's presence is optional.

- Love day: like Valentine's, but without the emphasis on romantic love - a day to celebrate all types of love, with whoever sims love, and in whatever way they love them - think a combination of Valentine's crossed with a celebration of family and friends.

Summer
    - SimNation day: celebrating the founding of sim nation. However long ago it was and however it happened, it happened on this day. A day for sims to celebrate being sims.

- Midsummer BBQ: marking the longest and hottest day of the year with BBQing and inviting people round. Basically a celebration of the summer solstice combined with an Australian influence of BBQing food.

Autumn
    - Equinox harvest: a combination of the autumn equinox and harvestfest.

- Hallowe'en: falling exactly opposite Walpurgisnacht in the calendar, so as to represent the balance within nature of live and death, Hallowe'en marks the death of somethings in nature, combined with the concepts of day of the dead and spooky day. Hallowe'en parties will be happening!

Winter
    - Midwinter/Christmas: basically, it's Christmas, combined with the winter solstice

- New year: the main objective is to count down to midnight, probably at a party. Got too complicated trying to decide whether new year's eve and new year's day should both be holidays so there's just the one new year holiday.

Not every holiday will get a day off otherwise my Sims would never get ahead in their careers! My Silly Day would be one that doesn't get a day off (so I guess my Sims will still wear their work outfit till they get home). Someone pointed out there's a Lottery holiday so I'd assume that would be a working holiday as well.

I really like your holiday list -- I may get "inspired" by a few of them. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    The only 1 I am going to add is Remembrance Sunday (I have already received tons of hate and disgusting comments because I want this)
    Does anyone know if "love day" can be deleted?
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    The only 1 I am going to add is Remembrance Sunday (I have already received tons of hate and disgusting comments because I want this)

Yes, it can.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    vikixc wrote: »

Yes, it can.

Yaay! Thanks :)
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I do like the fact that they brought back the gift giving I missed that from Sims 3. I hope I can plan my Weddings, and make them Seasonal let it rain during the Wedding or have a blizzard.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    catloverplayer Don't worry I am sure that there will be someone to create Patriotic Clothing on TSR love that site.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Spooky Day is obviously going to be the first thing I stick on the calendar.

After that, I may have to wait for some CC traditions. I'd really like to make something like E3/Gamescom, and something like Comic-Con. I'd need video gaming traditions, maybe some kind of costume contest event.

I can imagine modders working to add in traditions -- and I think there are additional traditions based on the packs you have. So if you have City Living with the fireworks, shooting fireworks would be a tradtion. (Also wondering if there will be additional recipes available for the Grand Feast depending on packs installed.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Wizardofweather1Wizardofweather1 Posts: 96 Member
    I'll Rename Winterfest To Snowflake Day Like In The Sims 3.
    -Wiz
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Not sure if it was mentioned yet but when I was younger and living in Michigan we celebrated a Christmas in July.
    Why?
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    If I'm able, I'll definitely make, like... A "Pet's Day" holiday. The Sims won't have time off work/school, but they'll still be able to take the day to appreciate their furry friends!~ It'd be nice to see everyone at Sable Square in Brindleton Bay in the fall~
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    fineangelfineangel Posts: 22 Member
    Has anyone thought of holidays to make up? I'm not that creative. xD
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Someone has probably said this already but maybe a funeral day. It's not really a holiday, just a day. There will be remembrance, giving flowers, thankful spirit, and maybe like a meal for afterwards. I really have no idea that's just something I thought of!
  • Options
    fineangelfineangel Posts: 22 Member
    I'd also keep my traditional holidays and add a summer vacation! It'll be nice to finally be able to have one on Sims!
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm also going to change New Year's Day to "Potterthon". My friends and I have celebrated New Year's Day by getting tipsy, eating pizza, and staying up until three in the morning watching all seven Harry Potter movies in a row for the last seven years. All I need to do is adjust the traditions to a grand meal, drinking, watching movies, and maybe woohoo for laughs.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I think I’ve sorted out what all of mine will be called except for New Year’s Eve/Day.

I’ve thought about maybe calling New Year’s Eve “Reflection Day” - a day to reflect on the past year and celebrate how far my families have come and what they’ve accomplished (aspirations, skills, births, weddings, etc.)...and I’m thinking of calling New Year’s Day “Resolution Day” - a day to start fresh and begin working on those resolutions. What do you guys think??
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    fineangel wrote: »
    Has anyone thought of holidays to make up? I'm not that creative. xD

Hi @fineangel , did you read the thread from the beginning? There's some awesome custom holiday suggestions. :)
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Definitely a summer holiday like the 4th of July. Food, Fire, Streaking, and Drinking
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png