Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixer Upper: Design | Renovate | Create [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Funny funny dear @aricarai . Now the questions is What Items Do You NOT have??? We may need to helps you out sweetie! <3
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    It was hilarious - went off as soon as they went in the door, but I'm happy to report that no lives were lost :mrgreen:

*phew*! That's good! Can't trust those rinky dinky fire places...

While trying to cut costs for a budget on another build, I found an awesome work-around for fireplaces! They still burn and everything, but cost a fraction of the price and don't set anything on fire! I'll post a picture when I get home. :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    It was hilarious - went off as soon as they went in the door, but I'm happy to report that no lives were lost :mrgreen:

*phew*! That's good! Can't trust those rinky dinky fire places...

While trying to cut costs for a budget on another build, I found an awesome work-around for fireplaces! They still burn and everything, but cost a fraction of the price and don't set anything on fire! I'll post a picture when I get home. :)

Can't wait to see :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Funny funny dear @aricarai . Now the questions is What Items Do You NOT have??? We may need to helps you out sweetie! <3

Don't you worry about lickle ole me @BreeMiles :smile:
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »

Don't you worry about lickle ole me @BreeMiles :smile:

OMG OMG! Yooooooou guys! <3<3 I hardly ever check MyPage; what a lovely surprise! You did not need to raid my WL! That was so darn sweet of ya'll! Big squishy hugs! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So here are the "fireplaces" I created for the Build n Share challenge. I had to keep under budget but I *really* wanted fireplaces, so I improvised. So many opportunities to use a variety of items to make an impression. The fraud logs sit in that fabulous andiron which reminds me of old victorian fireplaces, but really they've been used for ages. (post edited to use "lit" pictures)

Arch, mirror, shelf for a mantle, raised hearth, fraud logs, and even though the 'lights' aren't lit, there is a wall torch behind the logs to get the flames burning. You don't get a modlet, obviously, but it won't burn down the house or destroy the budget. :) The back wall and floor are brick, and the side walls angle in.
    Bramasole-screenshot-1%2049_zpsxtiojosz.jpg?25

Arch, fraud logs, torch, raised hearth, angled back wall like above.
    Bramasole-screenshot-1%203_zpsbphdwt3c.jpg?234]

Country carved tableware cabinet recessed into the wall, fraud logs/torch in the center recess out, columns on sides, mirror, shelf for mantle. Flush brick hearth and fireplace screen made from fencing
    Bramasole-screenshot-1%207_zpszk8nkgus.jpg

Country carved tableware cabinet recessed into the wall, fraud logs/torch in the center recess out, columns on sides, picture, shelf for mantle. Flush brick hearth and fireplace screen made from fencing
    Bramasole-screenshot-1%2040_zpsv5lawhzv.jpg

Inspired by old country kitchens with huge walk-in fireplaces. If I had an iron pot I could have stuck in there I would have! Or a spit or something would have looked awesome. This is just an arch, angled back walls and floor all in brick, flush brick hearth, and the fraud logs.
    Bramasole-screenshot-1%2044_zpsgimyoaeq.jpg?496

Trying to emulate things like this:
    f668f257a7b1acdfc00dd9f6cfe7a6fc.jpg

I occurs to me now that I could have put a firepit in the larger ones, also. Then they could actually be lit and give a modlet!
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You did a great job on the look of a fireplace without an actual fireplace.
  • Options
    Thanks!! I'm already thinking of other things I can use, like a desk or cabinets, the firepit, maybe see what kind of 'cook pot' i can get in there :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Hoping to have winners announced this weekend! Thank you for your patience :smiley:<3
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    @creativemetaphor, great job on the 'fireplaces'. I love the fenced one. :)
    @aricarai, I can hardly wait but take your time! :)
  • Options
    @Lucyena Thank you! It was a real spark of inspiration born out of budgetary need, but now I love them almost more than the 'real' ones!

@aricarai I think we're an eager but patient bunch :mrgreen: Can't wait but no rush lol
  • Options
    My Internet is playing funny buggers at the moment (am on my phone) but we're so close to winners! I swear!

I hope ya'll are enjoying watching the Patriots get beat by the Falcons like me :wink:
  • Options
    And looks like we're about to be snowed under, too! At least, that's what King 5 is saying.
  • Options
    We had a 9 hour power cut on Friday and our Internet has been dicey ever since.
  • Options
    Oooohweeee - what a contest! Can I just say how immensely fun it was to see all of these fantastic makeovers?! Ya'll are so talented; so talented in fact that there was barely any points between the winners! It was that close! Absolutely amazed :mrgreen:

Please be sure to post wishlists of what you'd like or if you're giving away points, the wishlists of whomever you'd like to be gifted on your behalf.

Before we get to the winners (found here), I just want to thank my lovely judges @illusie and @LadyEmillye for their hard work and dedication to helping me judge this contest. And to my amazing sponsors: @ADWilson and @Lucyena - I couldn't have made this contest as big as it was without you both! Thank you so very, very much!

For those that wanted feedback, please let me know if you'd like it privately; or if you're ok with me posting it on the front page!

And finally, I did say that I had traits and a zodiac sign in mind when I was writing the CAS brief. For the traits, I put buzz words in that I had associated with traits, but I also went of off the traits from the Sims wiki based on either the Professional Author career or the World-Renowned Surgeon career, so there were 14 traits in total that could have been picked from.

The traits that I had in mind were: Genius, Eccentric, Natural Cook, Bookworm, Virtuoso, Artistic, Loner
    According to wiki for the two careers: Couch Potato, Hates Outdoors, Computer Whiz, Good, Workaholic, Ambitious, Friendly

So if any of the entries had their 5 traits as any of the above; I awarded full points!

Now with the zodiac sign; there was only 1 entry that picked the one I was thinking of - LIBRA!!

I sincerely hope that ya'll enjoyed this contest as much as I did hosting it!

Congratulations not just to the winners, but to EVERYONE! I loved these entries! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY! Congrats to the winners! :star:

Oh my! A moment... I won? :hushed:

tv-gifs-91.gif
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 THAT'S SO AWESOME AND OMG SO DID I!! *happy dance*

@aricarai This was such a fun contest, thank you so much!! I'm fine with my feedback being posted openly :)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    49f08800cbdbd9fa1183db2266201e8f.jpg
    to all of the winners!!!

Such creatively talented people in our community :mrgreen:

**polishing my ping pong gifting gun so as soon as @Sandraelle lets me know to do with the prize points... I'm ready!**
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! All creations were beautiful. I had a lot of fun judging!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Congrats to everyone. There were some awesome homes and sims, and I know that everyone had fun. I sure did! Great contest! Thank you again to all the judges and sponsors!
  • Options
    I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had doing this contest! I didn't really think I'd win - certainly never thought I'd win the SIMS portion!! - it was just so much fun and so inspiring <3 10 out of 10, would participate again :mrgreen:

I went back through and re-looked at the other entries and they were all so beautiful and individual, I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pick winners, everyone did such an amazing job!

Thank you again SO MUCH! Not just for such a fun challenge but for the generous prizes!

So I just spent like half an hour rearranging my wishlist to put all my requests at the top so you wouldn't have to go hunting for them.... and it just all went back to what it had been before I started. :angry:

But thankfully I made a list as I went so I don't have to go figure them out again. I'll try again from home - for some reason that computer seems to be better at making those changes stick - so you shouldn't have to hunt and peck to find them.

Anyway, here's the list - it comes to exactly 3200 :)

1900 Prism Art Studio
    69 Superlative Sofa
    25 Edwardian Expressions - Graceful Gelatin Sculpture
    26 Edwardian Expressions - Delicacy Server Stand
    25 Edwardian Expressions - Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf
    90 Edwardian Expressions - Stained Glass Sophistication Window
    121 Enchanting Faire Love Seat
    26 Faire Wheel Barrow
    50 Romantique Overstuffed Armchair
    28 Tree Saw Wall Sculpture
    99 India Inspired Bangalor Love Seat
    28 Mystic Mushrooms
    81 Longevity Wall Hanging
    45 Japanese Inspired Artwork
    30 OUAT - Pauper Pedestal
    31 OUAT - Quantin Cottage Dining Table
    31 OUAT - Quaint Dining Chair
    34 OUAT - Jack Be Nimble Light
    25 OUAT - Jack Be Quick Light
    25 OUAT - Wisely Owl Sculpture
    25 OUAT - Treats for Granny
    45 OUAT - Quaint Kitchen Counter
    39 OUAT - Quaint Kitchen Island
    55 OUAT - Just Right Dining Chair
    90 Bountiful Beret
    25 Faire Folk Bird House
    28 Dreams of Carrots
    39 Spellbound Diary
    65 Haute Hip Curtain Collect v.1
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited February 2017
    Awesome creations everyone! <3

congratulations_2-ddd24e84449cc4b2c8e3843a34191893.gif

@aricarai could you hit this person's wish list for the whole 200 points you gifted me! Thank You!
    store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mommo4
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Congratz to all the Winners!!!

baee7d789ce0a5724025683d7eb99ce1.png

Wonderful creations from all!

Thanks so much again to our Fabulous Hostess @aricarai, judges @illusie and @LadyEmillye and sponsors @ADWilson and @Lucyena!

Since I entered for the fun and the memories, I am having a time trying to find WL's that have anything on them! >:)

I will figure this out but for right now before it goes off sale could you gift

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Faith_Andhope --

Local Motion Toddler Walker
    365 SimPoints

I'm thinking that if you do it from her mypage thru the little WL window you can gift it to her. Let me know if you can't.

• Options
    I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had doing this contest! I didn't really think I'd win - certainly never thought I'd win the SIMS portion!! - it was just so much fun and so inspiring <3 10 out of 10, would participate again :mrgreen:

I went back through and re-looked at the other entries and they were all so beautiful and individual, I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pick winners, everyone did such an amazing job!

Thank you again SO MUCH! Not just for such a fun challenge but for the generous prizes!

So I just spent like half an hour rearranging my wishlist to put all my requests at the top so you wouldn't have to go hunting for them.... and it just all went back to what it had been before I started. :angry:

But thankfully I made a list as I went so I don't have to go figure them out again. I'll try again from home - for some reason that computer seems to be better at making those changes stick - so you shouldn't have to hunt and peck to find them.

Anyway, here's the list - it comes to exactly 3200 :)

1900 Prism Art Studio
    69 Superlative Sofa
    25 Edwardian Expressions - Graceful Gelatin Sculpture
    26 Edwardian Expressions - Delicacy Server Stand
    25 Edwardian Expressions - Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf
    90 Edwardian Expressions - Stained Glass Sophistication Window
    121 Enchanting Faire Love Seat
    26 Faire Wheel Barrow
    50 Romantique Overstuffed Armchair
    28 Tree Saw Wall Sculpture
    99 India Inspired Bangalor Love Seat
    28 Mystic Mushrooms
    81 Longevity Wall Hanging
    45 Japanese Inspired Artwork
    30 OUAT - Pauper Pedestal
    31 OUAT - Quantin Cottage Dining Table
    31 OUAT - Quaint Dining Chair
    34 OUAT - Jack Be Nimble Light
    25 OUAT - Jack Be Quick Light
    25 OUAT - Wisely Owl Sculpture
    25 OUAT - Treats for Granny
    45 OUAT - Quaint Kitchen Counter
    39 OUAT - Quaint Kitchen Island
    55 OUAT - Just Right Dining Chair
    90 Bountiful Beret
    25 Faire Folk Bird House
    28 Dreams of Carrots
    39 Spellbound Diary
    65 Haute Hip Curtain Collect v.1

GIFTED!

I'll get your feedback up in the next couple of days :mrgreen:
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Congratz to all the Winners!!!

baee7d789ce0a5724025683d7eb99ce1.png

Wonderful creations from all!

Thanks so much again to our Fabulous Hostess @aricarai, judges @illusie and @LadyEmillye and sponsors @ADWilson and @Lucyena!

Since I entered for the fun and the memories, I am having a time trying to find WL's that have anything on them! >:)

I will figure this out but for right now before it goes off sale could you gift

http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Faith_Andhope --

Local Motion Toddler Walker
    365 SimPoints

I'm thinking that if you do it from her mypage thru the little WL window you can gift it to her. Let me know if you can't.

GIFTED - You've got 1,835 simpoints left to spread around!

Super happy you enjoyed the contest and that it brought back memories :mrgreen: