Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixer Upper: Design | Renovate | Create [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Yay, more great entries! All caught up on the recs!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @soocoolsim , Oh my gosh Paula, your story about Jenny and Kenyon's romance was hilarious. That is so awesome that you hooked those two up, and your story about them was really funny. Loved it, and thanks so much for sharing it. What is their baby's name, by the way?

Hi Sandy, a little late responding (OK a lot late, lol) but his name is Stanley. Not a baby anymore... has progressed to YA status. Kenyon and Jenny are still happily married (lots of romantic wishes keep coming up) and they now have 4 children. Stanley, then twins (surprise) Corey & Analisa and a long time after little Sophie. Have been trying to work on my current build and not get distracted with this family... but they are such fun. I had to finally move them out of your renovated house even after I added an extension.

Some pics for you below of them growing up.
    A. Kenyon chatting with Stanley (left) and Corey (right) as children
    B. Analisa (twin of Corey)
    C. Stanley as a sulky teen
    D. L-R: Analisa, Stanley and Corey doing their homework as teens
    E. Stanley grown into a charming and good looking YA
    F. Analisa as teen
    G. Corey as a teen

[img][/img]2ezo9eb.jpg

The twins are now YAs. Can post some pics of them and Sophie later if you like.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think I've got everyone rec'd and on the front page to this point. If I missed anyone, please do let me know! :mrgreen:

We've got a little less than 12 hours to go <3
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @soocoolsim , Oh my gosh Paula, your story about Jenny and Kenyon's romance was hilarious. That is so awesome that you hooked those two up, and your story about them was really funny. Loved it, and thanks so much for sharing it. What is their baby's name, by the way?

Hi Sandy, a little late responding (OK a lot late, lol) but his name is Stanley. Not a baby anymore... has progressed to YA status. Kenyon and Jenny are still happily married (lots of romantic wishes keep coming up) and they now have 4 children. Stanley, then twins (surprise) Corey & Analisa and a long time after little Sophie. Have been trying to work on my current build and not get distracted with this family... but they are such fun. I had to finally move them out of your renovated house even after I added an extension.

Some pics for you below of them growing up.
    A. Kenyon chatting with Stanley (left) and Corey (right) as children
    B. Analisa (twin of Corey)
    C. Stanley as a sulky teen
    D. L-R: Analisa, Stanley and Corey doing their homework as teens
    E. Stanley grown into a charming and good looking YA
    F. Analisa as teen
    G. Corey as a teen

[img][/img]2ezo9eb.jpg

The twins are now YAs. Can post some pics of them and Sophie later if you like.

Oh my gosh Paula, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the story and pics of them growing up. Corey looks a lot like Kenyon! And yes, Stanley is a very attractive YA. It still strikes me funny that you hooked up our two sims, lol.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    So, funny thing. Yesterday I actually booted up my game for the first time since November. :lol: So, it's *possible* I'll have an entry, if I have time over the next few days to really play around. And if my muse decides to cooperate with me, of course. ;) But, it's also possible I won't get to it in time. And if that's the case, I'll just lurk and enjoy all the pretties everyone else made!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    I'm so glad that you had fun @BreeMiles! <3
  • Options
    So, funny thing. Yesterday I actually booted up my game for the first time since November. :lol: So, it's *possible* I'll have an entry, if I have time over the next few days to really play around. And if my muse decides to cooperate with me, of course. ;) But, it's also possible I won't get to it in time. And if that's the case, I'll just lurk and enjoy all the pretties everyone else made!

@Bookworm742 - if you don't meet the deadline (in about 90 minutes); I'd still love to see what you've done! <3
  • Options
    We are 1 hour and 37 minutes away from closing.
    Will there be any last minute entries?! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    This contest is now closed for judging. Any entries after this point will not be judged - though you can share just for fun! :mrgreen:

I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed this contest and perhaps I'll do another in the future if people like this sort of contest. I'm going to rework the prizes as we have 20,000 simpoints to distribute.

If anyone would like feedback on their entries, just let me know <3

Keep chatting and conversing and please bear with us judges (especially me), while we work through all these fantastic entries!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    My Goodness I almost missed the last entries. I'm off to Rec'd them all now! Everyone's creations are beautiful!
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    Beautiful entries again at the end! I think I rec' d all. Good Luck to all contestants and a lot of fun for the judges! My enthusiasm and excitement grows... :o:o:)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I got everyone rec'd. I loved seeing all the different renos and remodels and characters. That was great fun. Awesome idea. I enjoyed myself alot.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    This contest is now closed for judging. Any entries after this point will not be judged - though you can share just for fun! :mrgreen:

I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed this contest and perhaps I'll do another in the future if people like this sort of contest. I'm going to rework the prizes as we have 20,000 simpoints to distribute.

If anyone would like feedback on their entries, just let me know <3

Keep chatting and conversing and please bear with us judges (especially me), while we work through all these fantastic entries!

:open_mouth: I need to complete my entry! But I was very busy and now it´s lunch time! :persevere:
    Can I complete it later, please? ( Say YES, say YES, please! :kissing_heart: )
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 - if you need to add to the entry that you've posted, that's perfectly fine. No new entries unfortunately.

If it's a new entry, would still love to see it though ❤
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Thank you for hosting this contest @aricarai and all your efforts towards making this a success. This was fun and it was pretty great seeing the interest it generated in the community. Thanks also to LadyEmillye and Illusie as helpers/judges, to ADWilson and Lucyena as sponsors, and to any other contributors in the background.

While I didn't have time to work on the full reno it was cool that this contest spurred me to get back into game play. Now I just need to stop since it can be addictive, lol. I'm good with receiving feedback on my entries... always something to learn or improve upon :smiley:
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    @AIRIS6962 - if you need to add to the entry that you've posted, that's perfectly fine. No new entries unfortunately.

If it's a new entry, would still love to see it though ❤

Thank you, dear! <3
    It´s finished now, more or less LOL

I was making a reno in TS4. I made a Pre-Fabulous version in TS4 in fact. This would be my surprise out of contest, but RL takes their own decisions and I had no time.

I´ve enjoy a lot here, meeting old and new friends who makes me feel like home. I adore you all and your wonderful creativity <3

Free feel to make a feedback to me. I will received with my open mind.

Happy weekend! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    I mis read the closing time. I was thinking 12 tonight. lol, ooh well I still needed 4 uninterrupted simming hours at least to finish. seems I cant get any play time for myself these days.
    well enough about me, good luck to all the contestants! looking forward to looking at your entries.
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member

I hope you will share what you were working on! And anyone else who falls into the category of not getting it in on time, but having something to share. I wanna see! :smiley:
  • Options
    @soocoolsim and @AIRIS6962 - I'll add you to the feedback section :mrgreen:

I'm glad you all had a good time! <3
  • Options

Out of contest, here you are my sim:

John Walters (The Winter Writer) No CC By AIRIS6962
    From a young age, John has had a dream: to be a Professional Author. He is quite a smart, quirky little thing that loves to cook and when not in the kitchen, can be found curled up somewhere cosy with the latest romance or science-fiction novel listening to soothing tunes. He loves reading and needs to be surrounded by books. He enjoys sitting in the living room, near the burning fireplace and reading a good book while listen to classical music on his old record player at the end of a Winter day.

original.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9037455

Thank you again! <3
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes, to what @soocoolsim said! Thank you to @aricarai and all who is involved. :smiley:
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 - I've got John Walters rec-a-roo'd for you! He's a handsome fella! <3
  • Options
    NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    This looks so hard to be good at O_O Yikes. Wish I was confident enough to enter something like this
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
  • Options
    This looks so hard to be good at O_O Yikes. Wish I was confident enough to enter something like this

It's a lot of fun! You could try just for fun :mrgreen: