Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Stream

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    What a short stream. I couldn't hardly hear it on my phone.

I had my PC cranked up and could barely hear them.

I hope someone could hear cause I want to know what questions were asked.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I couldn't hardly hear it on my TV. And yeah, it didn't show much at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I thought the map is amazing :love: Looks like San Myshuno is jam-packed.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member

Thanks for reminding me to turn my volume down again...

At least we got to see something of SimGuruJM the apartments, but they could have spent a little more time showing the furniture, I think SimGuruGraham needs to teach them how to do that ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    That was short, but I like the toilet, new tv and singing skill. Still dont know how many beds we getting.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The talking toilet is just.. lame.

Ha ha, I want to try it out. What happens if I make friends with it. Or enemies. Didn't expect to be curious about that one. Guess I must be missing my friendly dorid from the Sims science lab more than I thought.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2016
    This just confirmed what I already feel, that it's not an expansion, more like a game pack imo. I don't understand how they can sell this as an EP. It reminds me alot of Spa day in content, except we have to pay for the new map. It feels like I'm paying an extra 20 bucks for a map that I can't change.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the new room copy feature. As a builder, that will come in very handy.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    This just confirmed what I already feel, that it's not an expansion, more like a game pack imo. I don't understand how they can sell this as an EP. It reminds me alot of Spa day in content, except we have to pay for the new map.
    So far not worth 40 dollars that's for sure.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like the new room copy feature. As a builder, that will come in very handy.

Yes, I'm hoping that gets patched in.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This just confirmed what I already feel, that it's not an expansion, more like a game pack imo. I don't understand how they can sell this as an EP. It reminds me alot of Spa day in content, except we have to pay for the new map.

Then how is NL an EP to you? If you disregard the fact that it allowed you to build your own apartments, what's all that different? Plus we haven't even seen the rest of the city yet, this is just a part of it (I guess they'll show off one aspect per week?).
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Then how is NL an EP to you? If you disregard the fact that it allowed you to build your own apartments, what's all that different? Plus we haven't even seen the rest of the city yet, this is just a part of it (I guess they'll show off one aspect per week?).
    I'm sorry, what do you mean with NL? Is that a Sims 3 EP? I didn't really play Sims 3, so I can't comment on that. Also, they have the festivals to show, but I can't imagine what is so amazing about them that it will change this pack into a legit EP.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love that you see your neighbors in the hallway taking care of their business and stuff, that's what I was hoping for. It really felt like a community.

However: I have to agree, they could have shown much more content, especially the 'key-feature' is something that caught my interest. Oh well. It was a very cool stream, though. Glad they did it.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is TS3 (Late Night EP). I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member

Thanks for reminding me to turn my volume down again...

At least we got to see something of SimGuruJM the apartments, but they could have spent a little more time showing the furniture, I think SimGuruGraham needs to teach them how to do that ;)

Yes! SimGuruGraham does such a good job!
  • Options
    andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    I heard a dog barking in the background. O_O
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    andre1906 wrote: »
    It was the keyboard sound panel. One sim was playing when it happened.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is, Late Night. I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^
    Oh ok, as I said I didn't really play Sims 3. I guess to me an EP comes with changes to gameplay, if that makes sense? We'll see what festivals is, but I'm guessing that they are like a different kind of events, or parties, and that doesn't really change gameplay to me. I'm not sure if I'm even interested in them tbh. But hey, miracles happen. Btw, I have no idea what they were in 'seasons' (sims 3 I guess?) either, since I didn't play. :p
    Allons-y!

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »

I heard that too. I wonder if it's a feature that comes in the noisy neighbor section like loud music?
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Got some screenshots:
    08itsbxh5mh11s8zg.jpg
    t3a1vj5e7nl6os1zg.jpg
    c9y49djaos06syczg.jpg

• Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Did anyone else catch this?

2lvh4bc.jpg
  • Options
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is, Late Night. I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^
    Oh ok, as I said I didn't really play Sims 3. I guess to me an EP comes with changes to gameplay, if that makes sense? We'll see what festivals is, but I'm guessing that they are like a different kind of events, or parties, and that doesn't really change gameplay to me. I'm not sure if I'm even interested in them tbh. But hey, miracles happen. Btw, I have no idea what they were in 'seasons' (sims 3 I guess?) either, since I didn't play. :p

Just so I have a reference, is there any TS EP that is a real EP for you?

Idk, I feel like this is about the amount they usually add? Seems pretty packed to me so far, also in terms of how it may change someone's game (the real question for me is how thought through all these new things really are).

I'm especially intrigued about the "Child's Play" apartment trait though lol ... ;)
  • Options
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    I love that you see your neighbors in the hallway taking care of their business and stuff, that's what I was hoping for. It really felt like a community.

However: I have to agree, they could have shown much more content, especially the 'key-feature' is something that caught my interest. Oh well. It was a very cool stream, though. Glad they did it.

They said you would see your neighbors moving in and out. Culling? I bet it has a lot to do with it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Did anyone else catch this?

2lvh4bc.jpg

LOL yes, it was the bright spot for me.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »

They said you would see your neighbors moving in and out. Culling? I bet it has a lot to do with it.

LOL .. "Where are you guys going?" "Oh, we're culling out to a new neighborhood" :D