Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Stream

Comments

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I'll just paste what I said on another thread, because I think the gurus should read and notice it if they really "listen" to the community.

I'M DONE. I DONT CARE HOW BEAUTIFUL THE CITY IS, I JUST WANT MORE LOTS, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE APARTMENTS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO THIS EXPANSION AND WE CANT BUILD MORE. Sims 3 and 2 had LOTS of apartments and it even had HALLS and stuff. What's the deal with TS4? I'm DISAPPOINTED. VERY disappointed. I hardly use caps lock but I can't believe how the team is being so IGNORANT with us.

Seriously Gurus, I'm sure we all prefer having the expansion delayed and fixed than having it half baked like every single content Sims 4 had so far. I'm tired of you saying you "listen" but never really demonstrates it. I won't be buying it! I want improvements. And if it's not possible: I prefer you could just release Sims 5 already.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is TS3 (Late Night EP). I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^

Can we change which section of town is spicy or uptown, modeling etc.? I want to change everything. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    I love that you see your neighbors in the hallway taking care of their business and stuff, that's what I was hoping for. It really felt like a community.

However: I have to agree, they could have shown much more content, especially the 'key-feature' is something that caught my interest. Oh well. It was a very cool stream, though. Glad they did it.

They said you would see your neighbors moving in and out. Culling? I bet it has a lot to do with it.

Hmm... I took that as going to and from their apartments. Since we can place our own sims in these apartments what you suggest would mean to take housed sims and cull them. Would be surprised if that was the case but we will see in a few weeks.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I love that you see your neighbors in the hallway taking care of their business and stuff, that's what I was hoping for. It really felt like a community.

However: I have to agree, they could have shown much more content, especially the 'key-feature' is something that caught my interest. Oh well. It was a very cool stream, though. Glad they did it.

They said you would see your neighbors moving in and out. Culling? I bet it has a lot to do with it.

Hmm... I took that as going to and from their apartments. Since we can place our own sims in these apartments what you suggest would mean to take housed sims and cull them. Would be surprised if that was the case but we will see in a few weeks.

That's what I heard too - basically we can see them leave, do stuff in the hall, go back into their apartment.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is TS3 (Late Night EP). I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^

Can we change which section of town is spicy or uptown, modeling etc.? I want to change everything. :)

Ah come on, it's TS4 ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

And when sims get culled, we don't get to see them go, they just disappear.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2016
    Aine wrote: »
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is, Late Night. I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^
    Oh ok, as I said I didn't really play Sims 3. I guess to me an EP comes with changes to gameplay, if that makes sense? We'll see what festivals is, but I'm guessing that they are like a different kind of events, or parties, and that doesn't really change gameplay to me. I'm not sure if I'm even interested in them tbh. But hey, miracles happen. Btw, I have no idea what they were in 'seasons' (sims 3 I guess?) either, since I didn't play. :p

Just so I have a reference, is there any TS EP that is a real EP for you?

Idk, I feel like this is about the amount they usually add? Seems pretty packed to me so far, also in terms of how it may change someone's game (the real question for me is how thought through all these new things really are).

I'm especially intrigued about the "Child's Play" apartment trait though lol ... ;)
    Ofcourse there's EP's that are real EP's to me! My favorites has to be Sims 2 Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, and Apartment life. But I feel like all sims 2 expansions added alot new gameplay, and expanded the life of the sims, their personalities and possibilities of their sim lives, aswell as added alot of ambience. In comparison, Sims 2 EP's content are staggering. I'm not expecting to get the same EP's. I'd just want some actual gameplay improvement. :)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    This just confirmed what I already feel, that it's not an expansion, more like a game pack imo. I don't understand how they can sell this as an EP. It reminds me alot of Spa day in content, except we have to pay for the new map.

Then how is NL an EP to you? If you disregard the fact that it allowed you to build your own apartments, what's all that different? Plus we haven't even seen the rest of the city yet, this is just a part of it (I guess they'll show off one aspect per week?).
    Well, that did have bands at least (something I desperately wanted CL to have :()
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    It's quite clear that apartments are not the main feature of this pack, which is understandable because it's marketed as City Living, not Apartment life 2. I feel like they only showed the living aspect because that's what has been advertised so far, so it makes sense to me to only demonstrate what has been advertised. We've been told there will be new info every week up until release so I think it's too early to make a judgement as to whether this has the amount of content equal to a Gamepack.

Going off the live stream, apartments do feel underwhelming, but it was so brief and there was more about apartment living in the blog to make me feel like the live stream just didn't cover it that well.
    @Aine lol sorry I meant LN xD I'm tired :) But yes it is, Late Night. I mean, it's kind of similar except that that one had vampires & this one festivals.. ? And I'm guessing the festivals here will be a lot like the ones in seasons. That's what they look like anyway ^^
    Oh ok, as I said I didn't really play Sims 3. I guess to me an EP comes with changes to gameplay, if that makes sense? We'll see what festivals is, but I'm guessing that they are like a different kind of events, or parties, and that doesn't really change gameplay to me. I'm not sure if I'm even interested in them tbh. But hey, miracles happen. Btw, I have no idea what they were in 'seasons' (sims 3 I guess?) either, since I didn't play. :p

Idk, I feel like this is about the amount they usually add? Seems pretty packed to me so far, also in terms of how it may change someone's game (the real question for me is how thought through all these new things really are).

I'm especially intrigued about the "Child's Play" apartment trait though lol ... ;)
    Ofcourse there's EP's that are real EP's to me! My favorites has to be Sims 2 Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, and Apartment life. But I feel like all sims 2 expansions added alot new gameplay, and expanded the life of the sims, their personalities and possibilities of their sim lives, aswell as added alot of ambience. In comparison, Sims 2 EP's content are staggering. I'm not expecting to get the same EP's. I'd just want some actualy gameplay improvement. :)

I have to admit, until getting the TS UC a short while ago, I never really had many EPs for TS2. That's of course because it was a pretty complete base game, which TS4 wasn't and still isn't :D So I can't compare. But I feel like this EP looks like it adds about as much as a standard TS3 EP (except of course for anything that strictly requires an open world & the possibility to build apartments anywhere - which I do understand is rather annoying depending on your play style). What I do like a lot about this one is that it seems to improve on some things I hate in TS3 (where I couldn't just put a table on the terrace around my apartment and there was never anyone else inside the building either). Idk, I see potential. And since I already invested in this series, I'm actively hoping for them to release at least one thing that keeps me engaged a while ;)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

And when sims get culled, we don't get to see them go, they just disappear.

I heard moving in and out. I didn't hear moving around. To me there is a difference because they said right before that some progression.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    This just confirmed what I already feel, that it's not an expansion, more like a game pack imo. I don't understand how they can sell this as an EP. It reminds me alot of Spa day in content, except we have to pay for the new map.

Then how is NL an EP to you? If you disregard the fact that it allowed you to build your own apartments, what's all that different? Plus we haven't even seen the rest of the city yet, this is just a part of it (I guess they'll show off one aspect per week?).
    Well, that did have bands at least (something I desperately wanted CL to have :()

That's true but it's got elements from uni life LN didn't have (karaoke & consoles - they come with that EP right?). I guess they try to change things up a bit (I maintain this pack is just a mix between Apartment Life / LN, Seasons & Uni Life).
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

That's true but it's got elements from uni life LN didn't have (karaoke & consoles - they come with that EP right?). I guess they try to change things up a bit (I maintain this pack is just a mix between Apartment Life / LN, Seasons & Uni Life).
    In TS3 consoles were BG, but the karaoke machine came with Showtime (I think, I actually don't have that pack)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

Ofcourse there's EP's that are real EP's to me! My favorites has to be Sims 2 Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, and Apartment life. But I feel like all sims 2 expansions added alot new gameplay, and expanded the life of the sims, their personalities and possibilities of their sim lives, aswell as added alot of ambience. In comparison, Sims 2 EP's content are staggering. I'm not expecting to get the same EP's. I'd just want some actual gameplay improvement. :)

I feel like seasons didn't really add that much new gameplay. I don't think it's a bad pack, but it seems like one of the more lighter packs that's for sure. A lot of cosmetic changes, but nothing overly noteworthy in terms of gameplay.

OFB though! That is such a great expansion.

Ofcourse there's EP's that are real EP's to me! My favorites has to be Sims 2 Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, and Apartment life. But I feel like all sims 2 expansions added alot new gameplay, and expanded the life of the sims, their personalities and possibilities of their sim lives, aswell as added alot of ambience. In comparison, Sims 2 EP's content are staggering. I'm not expecting to get the same EP's. I'd just want some actualy gameplay improvement. :)

I have to admit, until getting the TS UC a short while ago, I never really had many EPs for TS2. That's of course because it was a pretty complete base game, which TS4 wasn't and still isn't :D So I can't compare. But I feel like this EP looks like it adds about as much as a standard TS3 EP (except of course for anything that strictly requires an open world & the possibility to build apartments anywhere - which I do understand is rather annoying depending on your play style). What I do like a lot about this one is that it seems to improve on some things I hate in TS3 (where I couldn't just put a table on the terrace around my apartment and there was never anyone else inside the building either). Idk, I see potential. And since I already invested in this series, I'm actively hoping for them to release at least one thing that keeps me engaged a while ;)
    Apart from the fact that I was broke for most of Sims 3's run, I never felt like I got into the game tbh. But I personally think Sims 4 sims really needs a personality upgrade. Beside that, there's alot of relationship upgrades and other gameplay features that could be added to really advance the game. Sims 2 Nightlife for instance, besides groups, outings and dates, added an attraction system, new relationship states and that was beside new aspirations and ownable cars. It was early in Sims 2's run and it was sorely needed. There's alot of the nightlife features that I use every time I play Sims 2 to this day. They are simply essential to the game experience. I feel like those are the features an EP would include. Ofcourse I don't mean that Sims 4 have to have exactly those features, but they are good examples of how much features like those can change the DNA of a game.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited September 2016

That's what I heard too - basically we can see them leave, do stuff in the hall, go back into their apartment.

I've seen some say that that's what they miss about the open world. Seeing neighbours do their stuff. So now we're getting that.

I feel like seasons didn't really add that much new gameplay. I don't think it's a bad pack, but it seems like one of the more lighter packs that's for sure. A lot of cosmetic changes, but nothing overly noteworthy in terms of gameplay.

OFB though! That is such a great expansion.

Seasons added weather, seasons, gardening and fishing and talent badges - besides the usual new careers, npc's and new life state. :) For my game style Seasons was one of the most expansive EP's for sims 2. It added some of the features that were in the base game for both sims 3 and 4. :)
    Allons-y!

Apart from the fact that I was broke for most of Sims 3's run, I never felt like I got into the game tbh. But I personally think Sims 4 sims really needs a personality upgrade. Beside that, there's alot of relationship upgrades and other gameplay features that could be added to really advance the game. Sims 2 Nightlife for instance, besides groups, outings and dates, added an attraction system, new relationship states and that was beside new aspirations and ownable cars. It was early in Sims 2's run and it was sorely needed. There's alot of the nightlife features that I use every time I play Sims 2 to this day. They are simply essential to the game experience. I feel like those are the features an EP would include. Ofcourse I don't mean that Sims 4 have to have exactly those features, but they are good examples of how much features like those can change the DNA of a game.

Oh I totally agree with you! TS4 definitely needs an upgrade. And I'm not set on buying CL yet but as this is only one side of it, I'm interested to see everything else in the upcoming weeks before deciding whether or not it is an EP worthy of the designation :)

In TS3 consoles were BG, but the karaoke machine came with Showtime (I think, I actually don't have that pack)

Ah yes actually you're right @ consoles, and yeah it might have been showtime (makes more sense I guess ^^)
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    That guy is cute.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    AlanSims wrote: »
    That guy is cute.

I'd rather pay him dinner than buy this EP.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited September 2016
    Can someone tell me what the second trait in the fourth column is at 07:06? ^^ https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/v/90980378
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Can someone tell me what the second trait in the fourth column is at 07:06? ^^ https://www.twitch.tv/thesims/v/90980378

I'm not sure which one you are talking about but there is a full list of them here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900278/apartment-traits/p10
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Ah excellent thanks @poeticnebula :) I meant "On Ley Line" - what is that?
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Ah excellent thanks @poeticnebula :) I meant "On Ley Line" - what is that?

That is still up for debate so great question! LOL
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam