Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Stream

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    I feel like they're revealing too much. I'm not gonna watch or read anything else. But at the same time I understand and appreciate why they're doing all this. :confounded:

This is a bit ironic isn't it. The community always complains they don't get enough information and some people are complaining that they're getting too much. Just can't please some people.

Exactly.

The more info the better and I hope festivals is next week.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake who will on the stream?

SimGuruJM and SimGuruSteph :)

@scobre.... :o lololol
    Yay! So going to try to attend then. <3@keylimepiesims @Ceres_Meiriona

SimGuruYummy is going to be there!? Someone pinch me!

tumblr_mea9vmy01D1qefpk7_zps6a64f91e.gif~c200

@SimGuruDrake will you be on the stream as well Drake? It was lovely seeing you on the kids room stream. :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Venay wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered it in Origin! AAAAH. :D

This is in no way a criticism but can someone explain to me what the point is of pre-ordering a digital copy of a game? *scratches head*

It's just something I don't really understand (unless of course you get something extra for doing so, like special items or beta access or whatever). It's not really a criticism, I'm just wondering if there's any benefit to it?
  • AuricchiaAuricchia Posts: 59 Member
    Can't wait!!!
    @Nymesand on Twitter nymesims4 on Instagram
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

This is in no way a criticism but can someone explain to me what the point is of pre-ordering a digital copy of a game? *scratches head*

It's just something I don't really understand (unless of course you get something extra for doing so, like special items or beta access or whatever). It's not really a criticism, I'm just wondering if there's any benefit to it?

1) It feels good knowing you've already purchased it.
    2) I, personally can support the devs by giving them my money earlier (--> if EA gets my money now the benefit is bigger due to taxes since in Europe, Germany at least, they usually collect the money on the same day when you've bought the game) and it helps managing your budget for the next month.
    3) When the release date finally arrives I don't need to bother with payements, the first thing I can do is to download the game immediately.

But reason 1) is my favorite, to be honest :P .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

@HalloMolli fair enough haha :) There's really nothing wrong with it, I was just wondering if you get anything. Weren't there some benefits to preordering their games previously? Like those weird flowers in TS3's supernatural?
    @HalloMolli fair enough haha :) There's really nothing wrong with it, I was just wondering if you get anything. Weren't there some benefits to preordering their games previously? Like those weird flowers in TS3's supernatural?

Yeah, you are right and miss those things (my favorite pre order bonus came with University Life, though). Oh well :( .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »

1) It feels good knowing you've already purchased it.
    2) I, personally can support the devs by giving them my money earlier (--> if EA gets my money now the benefit is bigger due to taxes since in Europe, Germany at least, they usually collect the money on the same day when you've bought the game) and it helps managing your budget for the next month.
    3) When the release date finally arrives I don't need to bother with payements, the first thing I can do is to download the game immediately.

But reason 1) is my favorite, to be honest :P .

I also believe you can Pre-load the EP onto your computer before it's released, and it's unlocked and immediately available to play so you don't need to wait for a download.

Yeah, you are right and miss those things (my favorite pre order bonus came with University Life, though). Oh well :( .

Ohh what was it? I never preordered anything for the sims, so I only know about some :)
    @keylimepiesims Yes, I think you are right, I almost forgot about that!

@SimTrippy Mostly the The Partaeus Maximus statue + a special party event. The statue came with gameplay elements such as being able to set a certain dresscode for your party :P .

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    If they are streaming, I better check if all new radio stations are here!

What new radio stations?

Well you know, I might as well wait until I come back when the Gurus are streaming in Twitch when he or she whatever clicking on a stereo.

@keylimepiesims Yes, I think you are right, I almost forgot about that!

@SimTrippy Mostly the The Partaeus Maximus statue + a special party event. The statue came with gameplay elements such as being able to set a certain dresscode for your party :P .

Sounds cool, didn't know about that! :D Also, fun to see you're from Germany haha. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2016
    If you preorder from origin you get to download it at midnight east coast time and 9pm pacific.

There is no preload anymore. They did away with it..
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Wow thanks, can't a to see it.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @SimTrippy another reason to preorder is that you got the money now and might not have it when its out=P
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    What time is the stream in FLorida hahah ! ?
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake who will on the stream?

SimGuruJM and SimGuruSteph :)

@scobre.... :o lololol
    Yay! So going to try to attend then. <3@keylimepiesims @Ceres_Meiriona

SimGuruYummy is going to be there!? Someone pinch me!

tumblr_mea9vmy01D1qefpk7_zps6a64f91e.gif~c200

@SimGuruDrake will you be on the stream as well Drake? It was lovely seeing you on the kids room stream. :)

*Squirts you all with cold water*
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Is it gonna be on twitch? I hope it will be so I can watch it on my tv.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am super excited for the live stream, and cannot wait to get my hands on CL!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »

I'm in Central Standard Time. For me, it will be at 3 pm
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Is it gonna be on twitch? I hope it will be so I can watch it on my tv.

Yes, it is.
    Le0Heart wrote: »

4 p.m.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Ok it's 4pm I'm on the east coast of the US where is it
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Ok it's 4pm I'm on the east coast of the US where is it

https://www.twitch.tv/thesims?sf48524424=1
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm not seeing anything.