Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I heard that he has been gifted some stuff before, maybe TS3 Store worlds while mods are free anyway.

I do not know about all the games he owns or the consoles weather some players he is good friends with gifted them or if he even search online for good deals on 'classic games'

The point is none of his viewers has minded one way or another so far, so I don't see why suddenly he needed to do a big revelation about what he didn't do this time.

Maybe he just wanted to keep his viewers in on any offers he had as some of them might have suggested that he could be an infulencer.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

I mean just imagine had EA had contacted him and he quietly turned it down and then it 'leaked' and he had to explain himself?

*Then* would be the time to explain it. But since he chose what his viewers would have considered the "right" decision, I can't see why any such leak would be negative for him? As I said, it's not like he is a news site, and withheld news. His stated scope is reviewing, not community/company gossip and news. It simply isn't in his stated remit to be responsible for passing on this type of info. Has any of us ever wondered how he affords so many games? Have we ever wondered whether any of the companies he reviews for give him favors? Free games? Advance information? If we have, we've probably decided it's not all that important anyway, and he's not bothered to tell us about them. So, why now?

I heard that he has been gifted some stuff before, maybe TS3 Store worlds while mods are free anyway.

I do not know about all the games he owns or the consoles weather some players he is good friends with gifted them or if he even search online for good deals on 'classic games'

yes.. he got some sims 4 game packs an stuff packs sent to him by EA. He is open about it:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    The Ronku Program is separate from the influencer program. They shortly talked about that at Gamescom and the way I understood it, the Ronku Program is an incense for youtubers to make videos about less popular portion of games to show what they are about.

They don't have to be positive about their reviews on that either. This articles speaks about the Battelfied 4 launch which dates back to 2013. This isn't new either.

I know, but EA likes to promote very popular youtubers. I think the concern from the community is individual reviews disappear (such as yours) as EA moves on to give the games only to youtubers before release and no longer any individual website owner, or something like IGN (who also was accused for years of selling out when reporting on TS3's EPs) and just let Youtube be the news. I think people will think it's all skewed. Not saying it would be but that is the general idea of why many are looking at this with a side glance of doubt of honesty from an average player who doesn't need Youtube for their livelihood.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like I'm watching this franchise crumble right in front of my eyes and I don't know how to feel about that.

Honestly Dekay - I would be so sad to see the Sims go away. It has been so much of my life since 1999. Got me through so much - I just cannot imagine what that would be like. So I hope that doesn't happen. Even though Sims 4 and I don't see eye to eye - I still have hope for it. I can't help it - I have tried not to - but I just keep hoping. I really want it to be right for everyone, and me too of course.

It would be like losing the best friend I've ever had in a way. You never give up on your good friends if you really care about them. Sims are that way to me. Sims 4 is just that friend that went a little wrong for me - you know what I mean?

This. SO MUCH.

Also, those trailers made me feel so nostalgic... and kind of old /cry.

The whole crumbly feeling though; I know what you mean. I feel the same way.

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like I'm watching this franchise crumble right in front of my eyes and I don't know how to feel about that.

Honestly Dekay - I would be so sad to see the Sims go away. It has been so much of my life since 1999. Got me through so much - I just cannot imagine what that would be like. So I hope that doesn't happen. Even though Sims 4 and I don't see eye to eye - I still have hope for it. I can't help it - I have tried not to - but I just keep hoping. I really want it to be right for everyone, and me too of course.

It would be like losing the best friend I've ever had in a way. You never give up on your good friends if you really care about them. Sims are that way to me. Sims 4 is just that friend that went a little wrong for me - you know what I mean?

This. SO MUCH.

Also, those trailers made me feel so nostalgic... and kind of old /cry.

The whole crumbly feeling though; I know what you mean. I feel the same way.

--T

Well you are around the same age as me I think (although we are not allowed to give ages away here) but I can imagine you played The Sims around the same time as me and I remember how exciting it was back then. There was not that many Simmers at my school so coming onto the BBS was like coming home.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alliscrazyalliscrazy Posts: 3 New Member
    I respect that he wants to only go if he can maintain his integrity. His reviews are always honest and that's why I watch them and I think that's why he has been so successful. I feel like many of the other youtubers are geared toward younger players and their overly-cheerful, biased approach kind of gives me a headache.

Also, this happen to be my first post on this forum. I was a member of the Sims 3 forums ages and ages ago. My 10 yo daughter is currently obsessed with the sims and dragged me back into it. Here I am 33, mother of two and doing the legacy challenge again. Ha!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

The point is none of his viewers has minded one way or another so far, so I don't see why suddenly he needed to do a big revelation about what he didn't do this time.

I can remember LGR doing reviews on TS3 worlds. Several times he said that he wouldn't have bothered to do reviews on them and then some kind Simmer would send him one just so he would do one.

As far as other games.....I can't really say I don't watch a lot of other game reviews. I do know I've seen him say that a company offered him financial compensation for reviewing something ( he withheld both the name of the company and what they offered ) and he turned them down. As far as saying he turned down the invitation I think he did it just as he said in his "meh" video. He doesn't care any more.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    alliscrazy wrote: »
    I respect that he wants to only go if he can maintain his integrity. His reviews are always honest and that's why I watch them and I think that's why he has been so successful. I feel like many of the other youtubers are geared toward younger players and their overly-cheerful, biased approach kind of gives me a headache.

Also, this happen to be my first post on this forum. I was a member of the Sims 3 forums ages and ages ago. My 10 yo daughter is currently obsessed with the sims and dragged me back into it. Here I am 33, mother of two and doing the legacy challenge again. Ha!

Welcome back to the forums :smile:

I agree that younger viewers would be more interested in some of the more humourous Youtubers while mature viewers would prefer something more robust and straight forward.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alliscrazyalliscrazy Posts: 3 New Member

I agree that younger viewers would be more interested in some of the more humourous Youtubers while mature viewers would prefer something more robust and straight forward.

Thanks! It's good to be back. Though after I created this account I realized my old one was still there with all 7 years of anniversary badges. Haha! I'll just let my daughter take over that one if she wants. I like this screen name better anyway!

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    They want him to sign a nondisclosure agreement. Business way of controlling what people say to others about their product.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LGR Fact No. 39--

washingtondelaware1.jpg

The above image depicts LGR leading his troops across the Delaware River on Christmas night of 1776, where he liberated the toddlers that were being held at the Trenton garrison.

LOL
    Or LGR leading his followers to the shores of EA headquarters to speak out.
  • Options

Thanks! It's good to be back. Though after I created this account I realized my old one was still there with all 7 years of anniversary badges. Haha! I'll just let my daughter take over that one if she wants. I like this screen name better anyway!

Your screen name suites the forums ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I agree with him.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited September 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »
    Good for them/him. It's about keeping his hands above the table and clean. I support him.

It takes a lot of guts to do what he did, because he really cares about how good the game could be, and not just being an "influencer".
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Good for them/him. It's about keeping his hands above the table and clean. I support him.

It takes a lot of guts to do what he did.

How? I mean good for him, but what did he have to fear?
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited September 2016

In that he really does just want a good game, and not the supposed ego-boost of being an EA sanctioned "influencer".

I don't think I worded it correctly with the "guts" thing - but, how else do you describe someone's choosing integrity over a big corporation approaching you? :D
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2016
    LGR Fact No 17--

56-199207-soviet-propaganda-poster.jpg

The above photograph shows LGR refusing the advances of EA circa 1948. The caption below reads: The People are united behind the Great Leader and his revolution.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

In that he really does just want a good game, and not the supposed ego-boost of being an EA sanctioned "influencer".

I don't think I worded it correctly with the "guts" thing - but, how else do you describe someone's choosing integrity over a big corporation approaching you? :D

Just integrity I guess :D
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    Just so you all know, i've been to one of these events before during the TS3 era.
    It's rather dull, sure it's cool to play something before anyone else, but that's it, it's not something amazing like y'all seem to think it is.
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    He actually told that he gets copies of games just before they are released to review them.
    The code for them is limited meaning he can only play the packs a certain amount of time, then he has to buy his own copies. Anyway just how I understood it when someone was explaining how the influencer copies work with this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fyVopwGl0&ab_channel=LittleMissSimmer
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mellbellamellbella Posts: 34 Member
    That's why he is the only reviewer i trust. I don't trust EA anymore.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016
    He actually told that he gets copies of games just before they are released to review them.

I wonder if he gets the full legit game or just a review game. When I tested eps we got a disk that was activated by a code number which we did not get the code number until almost time to start testing. That would open the whole game - but when it was time to stop the testing - the game just shut off and was not reactivated unless they give you yet another code to reactivate it if they wanted other stuff tested. Like for Showtime we had activation for 1 week for 12 hours a day - then the game immediately shut itself off. When we needed to test the porting a couple weeks later - we got a new code to reactivate the game and tested the porting for the period of time they needed it to test and they had all their answers.

The disk then became unusable. If you wanted the game you had to buy it like every one else once it came out. Only in the Original Sims and Sims Online did we get a free version of the game for having been testers. Since then we have had to pay for any games we have tested - as the test versions do nothing.

So I am wondering if he gets the packs just for review - that deactivate after the review period is up like the testing version does?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The code for them is limited meaning he can only play the packs a certain amount of time, then he has to buy his own copies. Anyway just how I understood it when someone was explaining how the influencer copies work with this video.

That video should help answer a lot of different questions people have on the way it works
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    LGR Fact No 12--
    2o7xw.jpg
    The above picture shows LGR at his first presentation to the people in 1774 to speak of his concern regarding The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

thanks for the info @Scombre.. thought they get a full copy and for forever..
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--