Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LGR Fact No 17--

56-199207-soviet-propaganda-poster.jpg

The above photograph shows LGR refusing the advances of EA circa 1948. The caption below reads: The People are united behind the Great Leader and his revolution.

ROFL This is awesome. ^_^
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    LGR Fact No 12--
    2o7xw.jpg
    The above picture shows LGR at his first presentation to the people in 1774 to speak of his concern regarding The Sims franchise.

I've seen this one in history books when I was back in school. I had no idea LGR was that influential :p
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »
    LGR Fact No 12--
    2o7xw.jpg
    The above picture shows LGR at his first presentation to the people in 1774 to speak of his concern regarding The Sims franchise.

I've seen this one in history books when I was back in school. I had no idea LGR was that influential :p

One does not question our lord and savior LGR. His ways are a mystery.

LGR fact No. 96--

1101540329_400.jpg

Dr. LGR appears on the cover of Time Magazine on March 29, 1954. Depicted is his plan to inject family play into patients, thus ending the scourge of polio.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    LGR Fact No 12--
    2o7xw.jpg

I see all of those Sims have the same wig. Was there not much veriety in those days? :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ran into a youtuber video yesterday. It had a little picture of the youtuber on the left, they were reviewing City Living and every reaction was visible. Think that is a classic influencer. People watching can be influenced by her reactions. Most of the reactions were happiness, elations, clapping hands etc.
    LGR felt what he did is the right thing to do; no one can fault him for that. He seemed to be very upset in the direction the Sims was going with TS4 I noticed on one video he did. I've watched a few of his videos but not many.

edit: he was mentioned on this forum as a youtuber some watch and now EA invites him to a function
    EA is trying to get all who post videos about their game under their control
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    mskube wrote: »
    I like LGR's other tweet. He said no one has ever asked why Ralph was named Ralph, and the answer is that Ralph is Will Wright's middle name. I had no idea. I bet many of you knew that already as there are some simmers here that know a lot more history than I do or ever will.

Actually I did not know this! Thank you for sharing. It was a tribute to a man that started it all despite being cut up because EA kept dropping so many stuff packs from the roof I for a minute thought there was a hail storm lol.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I do like LGR and his comments ... but ... I got a question ...

THERE IS AN PLANNED EVENT FOR SIMS4 ?!?

Mind is blown.

I was thinking the same thing... What event?

The only thing I can think of as to why the Sims4 would have a planned event would be something big ... something along the way of a lifestage that shall not be named ....

Burrito Toddlers I hope ;)

Burrito Toddlers that are tied to a playpen that are the same height as a sim child.

After reading this I want a "Burrito Supreme"
  • Options
    I do like LGR and his comments ... but ... I got a question ...

THERE IS AN PLANNED EVENT FOR SIMS4 ?!?

Mind is blown.

I was thinking the same thing... What event?

The only thing I can think of as to why the Sims4 would have a planned event would be something big ... something along the way of a lifestage that shall not be named ....

Burrito Toddlers I hope ;)

Burrito Toddlers that are tied to a playpen that are the same height as a sim child.

After reading this I want a "Burrito Supreme"

How about have a new Sims game called 'The Burritos' and it can feature all life stages in burrito form :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    LGR is definitely my favourite Simmer out there. He's one of the few "voices of reason" within this community.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The thing I find repulsive about calling another a sell out is where it stems from. Most of the time it stems from jealously and other just jump on the band wagon without knowing or wanting to know the truth behind it.

When a company invites someone to attend events similar to what is being referenced here, they do in fact offer to pay for travel and lodging expenses. They receive zero payment for attending. If it has ANTHING to do with a product that has yet to be released there will no dubitably be a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) Those agreements only state that you can't provide the public information until a certain date has been given. They do NOT state what you can or can't say or how to say it. Only that you can't publish you information before the date specified within the NDA.

More on the expenses part: I've attended expenses-covered events (none for EA, in case anyone's wondering). One of them cost me a week's foregone income. I don't have paid vacation time; if I did, I would have been giving up a week of spending that with my own family. The others have all meant a couple of days of working on the weekend in lieu; those cost me family time. At least I've never needed to find child care to attend anything? "Expenses covered" rarely even covers all expenses during that time period — I've always had most meals and the like still to pay for (when normally I might be eating a PB&J). I effectively paid to attend every single one of those events.
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I am... having a hard time wrapping my mind around some of these comments. O.o

Same!!!

To be honest I don't think he was asked has anything to do with the type of reviews he gives. People have been asking for him to receive an invite for some time, so it based on popular demand.

Also I do not think that people realize or want to realize that a NDA isn't a document saying what they have to say or how they have to say. Not one I have ever signed has EVER told me that!!! I kind of thin people are getting a confidentiality agreement confused with the non-disclosure agreement. Which a confidentiality agreement NEVER states what or how you can say it, it strictly states you can't say anything at all unless it is within the bounds of the agreement. A confidentiality agreement is never going to be a apart of EA gaming event. They are more common in legal and medical fields.

I sign a lot of NDAs, and even more contracts that include nondisclosure clauses. All have included confidentiality aspects, not just release of information timings. But I've never seen one, in all these years, that dictates what opinions I can express. That said, I do understand that my opinions could always be a factor in whether I'm the right person for a particular project, whether that's business, volunteering, or pastimes. But it doesn't always happen in the way some people might think. Sometimes a project needs someone to say challenging things: it keeps you on your toes, holds you back from complacency, if nothing else. Many a company or organization understands the value of constructive criticism. That Maxis has reached out to LGR tells me they "get" that value.

Also: @meeoun & @OEII1001 you are killing me with your Facts!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kurotard wrote: »
    LGR is definitely my favourite Simmer out there. He's one of the few "voices of reason" within this community.

It makes a change considering he knows that not everyone will agree with him. He isn't doing it to make friends, he is doing it as he has passion for the series like all of us.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

I have to agree on this. It sadness me that he is getting some hate over his meh video. The worst part of it all is didn't say one thing that hasn't already been talked to death already on his feeling for the game. He shared is honest feelings and most of it seemed to fall into the whole half baked argument. Now he NEVER said that and is just my own opinion and he never once said he disliked the game.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    faytheful wrote: »
    They want him to sign a nondisclosure agreement. Business way of controlling what people say to others about their product.

Uh... no. It's just that he can't speak about the pack itself until a certain date. Sort of a standard business practice for any early access event. -_-
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have to agree on this. It sadness me that he is getting some hate over his meh video.

It's not hate. How come that word is used so loosely these days? Mild criticism maybe? If we keep using hate to describe criticism, what on earth word are we going to use if someone really harms or disgusts us?
  • Options

I have to agree on this. It sadness me that he is getting some hate over his meh video. The worst part of it all is didn't say one thing that hasn't already been talked to death already on his feeling for the game. He shared is honest feelings and most of it seemed to fall into the whole half baked argument. Now he NEVER said that and is just my own opinion and he never once said he disliked the game.

It does seem that he has a soft spot for TS4 but sonething is missing so he uses the word 'meh' instead. I can't speak for him but I do know that in his SP reviews he criticised the lack of items but would always praise at least one new item he did like.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

thanks for the info @Scobre.. thought they get a full copy and for forever..
    I thought so too, but nope.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Someone may have already said this, but I can't be bothered reading through all the pages. After thinking some more about this, I retract my earlier statement where I said I wish he would do this, but on his own terms.

I'm a bit disappointed that he's turning all this stuff down. I feel like he's being a bit stubborn now without realising the potential he can bring to the influencers programme.

Clearly he has a valued opinion by the community, and now also by EA, as he has been approached twice to do something and has been receiving reviewer copies of games. If his opinion wasn't valued by the company, then I don't think they would have approached him. He's even stated how he would like to see the game moving forward, yet he has turned down the opportunity to provide this input directly to EA.

He has clearly stated he doesn't want to be bought off or have his unfiltered opinions stymied through the influencer's programme, but surely he would know EA's intentions if he signed up and started participating, and if he didn't like the programme he could just terminate his contract. What does he have to lose if he did this? He doesn't have any bridges to burn with EA...

Is it the whole contract thing? I really don't know? I feel like he's playing hard to get and it's not working in anyone's favour at the moment.

• Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I have to agree on this. It sadness me that he is getting some hate over his meh video.

It's not hate. How come that word is used so loosely these days? Mild criticism maybe? If we keep using hate to describe criticism, what on earth word are we going to use if someone really harms or disgusts us?

I have seen people calling him a hater and that was I referring to. To me it seemed they felt that way because is honest and not all rainbows and sunshine. That is what makes me love his videos so much, is he says how he feels.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LGR Fact No 17--

56-199207-soviet-propaganda-poster.jpg

The above photograph shows LGR refusing the advances of EA circa 1948. The caption below reads: The People are united behind the Great Leader and his revolution.

ROFL This is awesome. ^_^

The thing that always cracked me up the most about that piece of propaganda is the forceful expression and body language of the two central figures. Uncle Sam is all "I demand that you take my eggs and newspaper-gun" and the Soviet worker replies with an equally angry "no, I refuse your eggs and newspaper-gun". A great illustration of the ridiculous nature of geopolitical rivalries.
  • Options

It does seem that he has a soft spot for TS4 but sonething is missing so he uses the word 'meh' instead. I can't speak for him but I do know that in his SP reviews he criticised the lack of items but would always praise at least one new item he did like.

Right!!! He has said time and time again the Sims is one of his favorite games!! His feeling on TS4 is pretty much how I feel. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. A lot of what he said is how I feel about the game, he just put into better words...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Someone may have already said this, but I can't be bothered reading through all the pages. After thinking some more about this, I retract my earlier statement where I said I wish he would do this, but on his own terms.

I'm a bit disappointed that he's turning all this stuff down. I feel like he's being a bit stubborn now without realising the potential he can bring to the influencers programme.

Clearly he has a valued opinion by the community, and now also by EA, as he has been approached twice to do something and has been receiving reviewer copies of games. If his opinion wasn't valued by the company, then I don't think they would have approached him. He's even stated how he would like to see the game moving forward, yet he has turned down the opportunity to provide this input directly to EA.

He has clearly stated he doesn't want to be bought off or have his unfiltered opinions stymied through the influencer's programme, but surely he would know EA's intentions if he signed up and started participating, and if he didn't like the programme he could just terminate his contract. What does he have to lose if he did this? He doesn't have any bridges to burn with EA...

Is it the whole contract thing? I really don't know? I feel like he's playing hard to get and it's not working in anyone's favour at the moment.

Fair reply.

It is a shame that he turned it down for some oppertunities that he missed but he made his choice and he probably gave it some thought anyway.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited September 2016

He's not playing hard to get, he just recognizes the absurdity of it all. He has a clear conscious and won't waste his time altering his genuine opinion of the game, just to please Ea.

p6tqefj
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »
    He lives off his channel. It's his income. He makes enough money through youtube to not have to have a job. So, I guess that's why he can afford the games as well.

(at least that's how it was a while ago, don't know what his current status is)

Anyway like I said, we've not felt the need to enquire before, and I think we'd simply go on assuming his relationship with EA remained as his relationship with all the other game companies. Which it has. For all we know other companies have tried to sweeten him and he's turned them down. It wasn't necessary to make a statement on this occasion either.

I'm pretty sure he made the statement based on the reaction he received from saying he received free copies of stuff packs during his 2 year update or whatever it was. Trust has already been broken with some of the simming community. He is most likely trying to make amends.

Like I said earlier in the thread. He has an image to protect. This is what he thinks is the right thing to do because he doesn't want to be considered a "sell-out". This is damage control.

It has nothing to do with anyone of the others that go.
  • Options
    alexandrea wrote: »

He's not playing hard to get, he just recognizes the absurdity of it all.

I'm yet to see where he could come to the conclusion that it's absurd if he hasn't participated in it yet.
  • Options

Fair reply.

It is a shame that he turned it down for some oppertunities that he missed but he made his choice and he probably gave it some thought anyway.

Yes, he has most likely given it a lot of thought. The more I think about it the more I feel as though it's such a wasted opportunity.