Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I sit back and giggle. Some of these posts, hilarious!

You mad that people may not have your opinion? Yeah, yours is just an opinion too.

angry_80_anim_gif.gif?width=40&height=40 No, I am not even mad, bro.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    Seems like even some members of the modding and fan site communities are losing hope in the Sims 4 too. http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/150786269387/status-update

"Compared to previous Sims games, everything in The Sims 4 is so pre-defined. We’re basically stuck with what EA gives us." Reminded me of LGR's video with that comment of same stuff being released over and over again with no change or growth.

From what I read on fan sites and other community sites, they are pretty much in agreement with LGR's video and shared it on their sites.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Well, it's Zerbu, and it seems he is just frustrated about the general limitations of world implementation possibilities (I feel him). It's the old problem: (Some) people want a CAW tool back. Others need toddlers, and then again different simmers want this, that, pi pa po.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, it's just sad how restrictive Sims 4 can be... :cry:

(At this point, I'm thinking there are no resources for toddlers or the engine or foundation can't handle toddlers.)

ETA: Or the new devs just don't like toddlers at all...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I stick right by him. He's not a sellout like other... *ahem*..... websites. He is actually HONEST and the honesty is more important to him. *3 finger silent salute to LGR* - if you got that Hunger Games Reference, you're awesome. He's one of the only youtubers left that I feel is actually standing for the common simmer. Some of the other popular websites *AHEM!!!!** have been plummed into the "capitol". He's our "Man On Fire" if you will.

What exactly is a 'common simmer' and how can the term be defined (in other words:which requirements must be met to become a 'common simmer'? Let me guess: you have to have at least a critical view of TS4, am I right)?

Anyway: It's always refreshing to see that those youtubers (and authors of fansites) who just love to play TS4 and therefore have no interested in discussing its advantages and disadvantages it might have over past iterations (because, you know, they better focus on enjoying a game) are labeled right away with negative attributes such as: sellout, dishonesty, EA sheeps etc.

It reveals much about the mindset of certain 'special' simmers.

About LGR: Yeah, he is not the greatest fan of TS4, we know that, but he is just an idividual with an opinion. Sometimes I can agree with him, sometimes I don't. That's it. People should really stop acting as if he was the Robin Hood of TS franchise. There is no need for that.

You don't get to pick people's heroes. Robin Hood wouldn't be the right analogy anyway. :)

But I like that analogy. :D As we know: LGR is fighting for the 'common simmer' to achieve justice (--> some people here think EA is betraying them by only catering to the new generation of simmers and don't listen to the old ones) by the reallocation of content (and not money).

Anyway, LGR's opinion is nothing special - he is an ordinary game reviewer who happens to have a rather successful youtube channel. But he is still just a guy with his own bias towards certain things and apsects.

I wonder who the 'common Simmer' is as I always see Simmers as different people with different play styles :smile:

There is no majority in the community.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I stick right by him. He's not a sellout like other... *ahem*..... websites. He is actually HONEST and the honesty is more important to him. *3 finger silent salute to LGR* - if you got that Hunger Games Reference, you're awesome. He's one of the only youtubers left that I feel is actually standing for the common simmer. Some of the other popular websites *AHEM!!!!** have been plummed into the "capitol". He's our "Man On Fire" if you will.

What exactly is a 'common simmer' and how can the term be defined (in other words:which requirements must be met to become a 'common simmer'? Let me guess: you have to have at least a critical view of TS4, am I right)?

Anyway: It's always refreshing to see that those youtubers (and authors of fansites) who just love to play TS4 and therefore have no interested in discussing its advantages and disadvantages it might have over past iterations (because, you know, they better focus on enjoying a game) are labeled right away with negative attributes such as: sellout, dishonesty, EA sheeps etc.

About LGR: Yeah, he is not the greatest fan of TS4, we know that, but he is just an idividual with an opinion. Sometimes I can agree with him, sometimes I don't. That's it. People should really stop acting as if he was the Robin Hood of TS franchise. There is no need for that.

I'm not sure how acquainted you are with some descriptions of basic phrases so I'll explain. In saying the "common simmer" it's a reference to "the common man" and denotes just the regular guy on the street with no noticeable special attributes. The common man is usually the one that has no great voice in the grand scheme of things. The common man is also the one while isn't really heard is the backbone of a culture.

I'm going to attribute your remark about "certain special simmers" to the fact that you didn't understand the reference.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I'm not sure how acquainted you are with some descriptions of basic phrases so I'll explain. In saying the "common simmer" it's a reference to "the common man" and denotes just the regular guy on the street with no noticeable special attributes. The common man is usually the one that has no great voice in the grand scheme of things. The common man is also the one while isn't really heard is the backbone of a culture.

I'm going to attribute your remark about "certain special simmers" to the fact that you didn't understand the reference.

Thanks for the effort but I think I got the context right.

The problem is: a 'common simmer' in the sense of the person who brought this up is somebody who has certainly at least - as mentioned by me - a 'critical' view of TS4. He or she connected this condition with the term.

However, what you, on the other hand, mean applies to 99,9% of the community, everybody of us (I prefer the term: 'average simmers', but that's beside the point) "has no great voice in the grand scheme of things."

My point goes like this: LGR represents the part of the community that is, well, not very happy about TS4 in particular*. But data shows (--> social media, where the huge majority of simmers communicate. Yeah: I am not reffering to this forum, of course not) that 'the average simmer' seems at least satisfied with the game.

Conclusion: Both terms ('common simmers' and 'average simmer's) are not suitable to describe what kind of group is represented by LGR. I help you guys with that: He is the voice of the unhappy, the frustrated critics*.

*At least in his recent video, that is.

• Options
    edited September 2016

The problem is: a 'common simmer' in the sense of the person who brought this up is somebody who has certainly at least - as mentioned by me - a 'critical' view of TS4. The person connected this condition to the term.

However, what you, on the other hand, mean applies to 99,9% of the community, everybody of us (I prefer the term: 'average simmers', but that's beside the point) "has no great voice in the grand scheme of things."

My point goes like this: LGR represents the part of the community that is, well, not very happy about TS4 in particular. But data shows (--> social media, where the huge majority of simmers communicate. Yeah: I am not reffering to this forum, of course not) that 'the average simmer' seems at least satisfied with the game.

Conclusion: Both terms ('common simmers' and 'average simmer's) are not suitable to describe what kind of group is represented by LGR. I help you guys with that: He is the voice of the unhappy, the frustrated critics.

Is English your first language? It doesn't seem that you get the nuances. Once again you're putting words into someone's post that didn't exist. You like to rephrase what someone has posted to suit your purpose.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

The problem is: a 'common simmer' in the sense of the person who brought this up is somebody who has certainly at least - as mentioned by me - a 'critical' view of TS4. The person connected this condition to the term.

My point goes like this: LGR represents the part of the community that is, well, not very happy about TS4 in particular. But data shows (--> social media, where the huge majority of simmers communicate. Yeah: I am not reffering to this forum, of course not) that 'the average simmer' seems at least satisfied with the game.

Conclusion: Both terms ('common simmers' and 'average simmer's) are not suitable to describe what kind of group is represented by LGR. I help you guys with that: He is the voice of the unhappy, the frustrated critics.

Is English your first language? It doesn't seem that your get the nuances. Once again you're putting words into someone's post that didn't exist. You like to rephrase what someone has posted to suit your purpose.

Have you even read the whole paragraph. LGR = honest + represents 'common simmers'.

Ergo: Somebody, say a popular TS4 Let's Player, who enjoys the game is not honest, and (despite having 330.000 views for example) can't possibly represent the 'common simmer' more accurately.

• Options

Is English your first language? It doesn't seem that your get the nuances. Once again you're putting words into someone's post that didn't exist. You like to rephrase what someone has posted to suit your purpose.

Have you even read the whole paragraph. LGR = honest + represents 'common simmers'.

Ergo: Somebody, say a popular TS4 Let's Player, who enjoys the game is not honest, and (despite having 330.000 views for example) can't possibly represent the 'common simmer' more accurately.

I'm not sure your explanations and examples are coming across the way you think they are.
  • Options

I'm not sure your explanations and examples are coming across the way you think they are.

I am having a hard time articulating myself in English. But I try to improve the way I write.

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I am having a hard time articulating myself in English. But I try to improve the way I write.

Practice makes perfect! :) I think I understand what you're saying :) The term "common simmer" assumes a majority group of people with the same disposition. It's kind of like saying the "average joe", but what determines the average and how do you accurately measure average...? It seems as though people apply the "common" part, as a substitute for "normal" or "average", to whatever suits their argument in order to make it sound more convincing.