Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

Comments

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like I'm watching this franchise crumble right in front of my eyes and I don't know how to feel about that.

It is crumbling.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Ok I have to ask what is a yibSims?

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Best friend in Simlish.
    EA referred their simmer guests as yibSims for their closed door events.
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »

Best friend in Simlish.
    EA referred their simmer guests as yibSims for their closed door events.

AWWW ok. that explains the reference. Thank you!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @crinrict I actually never thought of you as a sellout. I have high respect for you actually with how much you help with QA assistance and been really honest with the Sims 4 and everything. Your assistance with bug fixes is beyond amazing and very well organized.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Now this right here is the roots of the sims. If TS4 was an updated reboot of the original Sims I would play TS4 a lot more :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The thing I find repulsive about calling another a sell out is where it stems from. Most of the time it stems from jealously and other just jump on the band wagon without knowing or wanting to know the truth behind it.

When a company invites someone to attend events similar to what is being referenced here, they do in fact offer to pay for travel and lodging expenses. They receive zero payment for attending. If it has ANTHING to do with a product that has yet to be released there will no dubitably be a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) Those agreements only state that you can't provide the public information until a certain date has been given. They do NOT state what you can or can't say or how to say it. Only that you can't publish you information before the date specified within the NDA.

Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm glad he's not going. I need someone I can count on to give me an honest review of EP3- and I can tell you now I'll be hanging on his every word. If he doesn't like it, I'm out, I'm not buying it. I want an unbiased review- not a pixie stick, joy fest giggling about the "OMG NEW PINK CHAIR!" in between gasps for air.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I am... having a hard time wrapping my mind around some of these comments. O.o

Same!!!

To be honest I don't think he was asked has anything to do with the type of reviews he gives. People have been asking for him to receive an invite for some time, so it based on popular demand.

Also I do not think that people realize or want to realize that a NDA isn't a document saying what they have to say or how they have to say. Not one I have ever signed has EVER told me that!!! I kind of thin people are getting a confidentiality agreement confused with the non-disclosure agreement. Which a confidentiality agreement NEVER states what or how you can say it, it strictly states you can't say anything at all unless it is within the bounds of the agreement. A confidentiality agreement is never going to be a apart of EA gaming event. They are more common in legal and medical fields.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm glad he's not going. I need someone I can count on to give me an honest review of EP3- and I can tell you now I'll be hanging on his every word. If he doesn't like it, I'm out, I'm not buying it. I want an unbiased review- not a pixie stick, joy fest giggling about the "OMG NEW PINK CHAIR!" in between gasps for air.

What if he Likes it and says, "OMG- look at that Blue Bed? I love it!" Hmm? You don't trust him enough to go and still tell what he honestly thinks but you trust him enough to Not buy something on his review?

I don't trust him to go under EA's conditions- there's a difference and it was something he touched on. It's that difference, of being unbiased that better allows someone to trust him when he gives a review. Sorry about your difficulty in understanding some of these comments and if you have further trouble understanding what I have just tried to explain to you about trusting a reviewer- (shrug) English is my only language. I can understand your last line well enough though from my own perspective.

I always... have a hard time wrapping my mind around that fact that people can't get a joke.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

What if he Likes it and says, "OMG- look at that Blue Bed? I love it!" Hmm? You don't trust him enough to go and still tell what he honestly thinks but you trust him enough to Not buy something on his review?

I don't trust him to go under EA's conditions- there's a difference and it was something he touched on. It's that difference, of being unbiased that better allows someone to trust him when he gives a review. Sorry about your difficulty in understanding some of these comments and if you have further trouble understanding what I have just tried to explain to you about trusting a reviewer- (shrug) English in my only language. I can understand your last line well enough though from my own perspective.

I always... have a hard time wrapping my mind around that fact that people can't get a joke.

Oh.... You made a joke. Sorry, it didn't translate so well in written word. I have such a hard time reading body language in type. :)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    @crinrict I actually never thought of you as a sellout. I have high respect for you actually with how much you help with QA assistance and been really honest with the Sims 4 and everything. Your assistance with bug fixes is beyond amazing and very well organized.

Thank you kindly.

EDIT

I also want to thank everyone else that reached out to me with re-assuring words that they still trust me. That means a lot to me as I feel I can't do what I'm doing if I don't have the communities trust.
    Post edited by crinrict on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited September 2016
    Nectere wrote: »
    Uhm, hold up a second, I have a question.

NDA ≠ "Release"

Until if and when he (and he has no reason not to) discloses what was in this "release" if he even saw it, I call feces stirring with his little finger and click baiting for views.

Hi :)

With all due respect, I don't agree. He was informing his fans about what was going on- I don't feel there's anything wrong with it. :)

Actually he didn't need to say anything at all about it unless he agreed to it. As he said no, there was no change to his previous position as a fully independent reviewer. There was nothing we needed to know. And anyway he is a game reviewer not a news/gossip column, so he didn't even had a mandated role in bringing us this information

If he *had* entered the agreement, then it would have been something we should have been informed of as it might have changed the slant of his reviews. So yes, he certainly had an angle. I can only guess what was behind his decision to expose the approach. As I have said before, had I been in his role, I would have refused just like he did, for the reasons he gave. But I would have respected the private communication from EA and kept it between me and them. If you're gonna do respect, you need to do it for all parties.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Nectere wrote: »
    Uhm, hold up a second, I have a question.

NDA ≠ "Release"

Until if and when he (and he has no reason not to) discloses what was in this "release" if he even saw it, I call feces stirring with his little finger and click baiting for views.

Hi :)

With all due respect, I don't agree. He was informing his fans about what was going on- I don't feel there's anything wrong with it. :)

Actually he didn't need to say anything at all about it unless he agreed to it. As he said no, there was no change to his previous position as a fully independent reviewer. There was nothing we needed to know. And anyway he is a game reviewer not a news/gossip column, so he didn't even had a mandated role in bringing us this information

If he *had* entered the agreement, then it would have been something we should have been informed of as it might have changed the slant of his reviews. So yes, he certainly had an angle. I can only guess what was behind his decision to expose the approach. As I have said before, had I been in his role, I would have refused just like he did, for the reasons he gave. But I would have respected the private communication from EA and kept it between me and them. If you're gonna do respect, you need to do it for all parties.

I am not sure what I would have done if I was in that situation myself. I would have wanted to inform followers of what was going on if anything.

I mean just imagine had EA had contacted him and he quietly turned it down and then it 'leaked' and he had to explain himself?

Sadly some people are too judgemental and keeping things quiet is not always a good thing. It shouldn't be like that but in this internet age it is.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Now this right here is the roots of the sims. If TS4 was an updated reboot of the original Sims I would play TS4 a lot more :)

Someone actually made a TS4 version of the second video once so try to look for it on YouTube and see if it is still up :smiley:

I actually had a lot of praise for it as dispute some of the limitations in TS4 and less creative options they still managed to make a good video and they used a swimming pool in the p,ace of the hot tub so more less the video matched :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I mean just imagine had EA had contacted him and he quietly turned it down and then it 'leaked' and he had to explain himself?

*Then* would be the time to explain it. But since he chose what his viewers would have considered the "right" decision, I can't see why any such leak would be negative for him? As I said, it's not like he is a news site, and withheld news. His stated scope is reviewing, not community/company gossip and news. It simply isn't in his stated remit to be responsible for passing on this type of info. Has any of us ever wondered how he affords so many games? Have we ever wondered whether any of the companies he reviews for give him favors? Free games? Advance information? If we have, we've probably decided it's not all that important anyway, and he's not bothered to tell us about them. So, why now?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    He lives off his channel. It's his income. He makes enough money through youtube to not have to have a job. So, I guess that's why he can afford the games as well.

(at least that's how it was a while ago, don't know what his current status is)
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    He lives off his channel. It's his income. He makes enough money through youtube to not have to have a job. So, I guess that's why he can afford the games as well.

(at least that's how it was a while ago, don't know what his current status is)

Anyway like I said, we've not felt the need to enquire before, and I think we'd simply go on assuming his relationship with EA remained as his relationship with all the other game companies. Which it has. For all we know other companies have tried to sweeten him and he's turned them down. It wasn't necessary to make a statement on this occasion either.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I don't trust him to go under EA's conditions- there's a difference and it was something he touched on. It's that difference, of being unbiased that better allows someone to trust him when he gives a review. Sorry about your difficulty in understanding some of these comments and if you have further trouble understanding what I have just tried to explain to you about trusting a reviewer- (shrug) English in my only language. I can understand your last line well enough though from my own perspective.

Oh.... You made a joke. Sorry, it didn't translate so well in written word. I have such a hard time reading body language in type. :)

Oh... This part (bolded up in the quote to avoid your being confused) is the joke. Hope that helps you in the future. The rest is just your hard time understanding the written word and of course a lack of knowledge of how an unbiased reviewer (i.e. someone not involved in the process) works that led you to criticize someone's else point of view. I will give you this, though, why you claim to have trouble reading body language in type, you have absolutely no trouble "vocalizing" your sarcasm in the same way. So, maybe you're making progress. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Personally, I don't think everyone who ever gets invited to these things are sellouts. However, the new influencer program sounds something like this in this link and that does make everyday players take pause when watching a videos and reviews on Youtube where many famous EA players make their living.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/01/22/ea-ronku-program-pays-youtubers-for-game-coverage-with-rules/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The Ronku Program is separate from the influencer program. They shortly talked about that at Gamescom and the way I understood it, the Ronku Program is an incense for youtubers to make videos about less popular portion of games to show what they are about.

They don't have to be positive about their reviews on that either. This articles speaks about the Battelfied 4 launch which dates back to 2013. This isn't new either.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    IngeJones wrote: »

*Then* would be the time to explain it. But since he chose what his viewers would have considered the "right" decision, I can't see why any such leak would be negative for him? As I said, it's not like he is a news site, and withheld news. His stated scope is reviewing, not community/company gossip and news. It simply isn't in his stated remit to be responsible for passing on this type of info. Has any of us ever wondered how he affords so many games? Have we ever wondered whether any of the companies he reviews for give him favors? Free games? Advance information? If we have, we've probably decided it's not all that important anyway, and he's not bothered to tell us about them. So, why now?

I heard that he has been gifted some stuff before, maybe TS3 Store worlds while mods are free anyway.

I do not know about all the games he owns or the consoles weather some players he is good friends with gifted them or if he even search online for good deals on 'classic games'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I heard that he has been gifted some stuff before, maybe TS3 Store worlds while mods are free anyway.

I do not know about all the games he owns or the consoles weather some players he is good friends with gifted them or if he even search online for good deals on 'classic games'

The point is none of his viewers has minded one way or another so far, so I don't see why suddenly he needed to do a big revelation about what he didn't do this time.
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    He actually told that he gets copies of games just before they are released to review them.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)