Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEEP BEEP! Truck full of complaints arrived!

Comments

• Options
    MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »
    - Delay in behaviour and actions.

- Taking weed out of wrong objects.

- Queue actions being canceled.

Agree with the first one. It took my sim about 2 hours in-game to eat some Mac N' Cheese. He would usually take a bite, take about 30 seconds in-game, and then take another bite. It's frustrating!
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Let’s choose one thing... Random romantic relationships.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My Sim passed out from hunger and exhaustion while waiting for food in a restaurant.
    My households are always standing on the sidewalk in their PJs with red need bars.
    A Sim husband cheated on his wife. She was waiting for him outside the closet but still didn't seem to care.
    LOL can I have the passed out in the restaurant part in my game. That never happens to me. My sims greet neighbors in their PJ's.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

* Lack of Variety with all Building materials and Landscaping
    * No seasons
    * No animals
    * Stop calling my sim and inviting her to a party after she has worked all day and energy bar is at yellow... every day :neutral:
    * Always one sim in the welcome wagon that just wont leave
    * Sim keeps washing dishes in the bathroom sink, even though they have a dishwasher
    * Dead sim keeps calling to congratulate living sim on their promotion...I mean what the... you're dead.
    * where is the dang beach? Can we have a Beach and swim in the ocean yet???

Okay I'm done ranting. >:)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My Sim passed out from hunger and exhaustion while waiting for food in a restaurant.
    My households are always standing on the sidewalk in their PJs with red need bars.
    A Sim husband cheated on his wife. She was waiting for him outside the closet but still didn't seem to care.
    LOL can I have the passed out in the restaurant part in my game. That never happens to me. My sims greet neighbors in their PJ's.

The worst part of it was that he was on a date.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Cute thread. I started to participate. Then I realized my list was getting too long and I didn't want to weigh down the light-heartedness of this thread. So I deleted everything I originally said in point form. You guys are doing a great job anyway.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    Since this is 'lighthearted'... :*

I can't believe how bad the developers are doing, I even know this because they said so, sort of, when they posted that comment about focusing on other stuff which they admitted isn't good, and EA just can't learn their marketing lesson! Obviously anyone who has learned their marketing lesson knows that the customer wants toddlers, and entertainment is a public duty where the entertainers do only what the customer demands regardless of their own intellectual perspectives and professional ambitions.

The sims just doesn't do anything... it's like living in a trailer on government services - you can only jump through their hoops and do what they've told you to! What is wrong with these 'modders' who believe that they're adding social and entertainment value to every product by fixing all of this 'broken stuff' with their engineering skill when they can just attack the developers all day with fraudulent arguments and point out that they're paying money?!

No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm to lazy to write everything down and it's a lot so yeah but the number one culling.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    "..My world is small, my world is so tiny. I reside in a shoebox. My imagination is starved.."

"Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I miss you until the very end. Until that of course, I am culled as well. Farewell friend."

"The most splendid gift of all is that of a noble [car]." ~Shakespeare
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    *early in the afternoon*
    "Hey, it's been a while. Want to hang out at the lounge tonight?"
    *instantly teleported there after saying yes*

:s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    As if I wasn't already annoyed with this game, now I'm even more so after reading these comments. This game is sad and frustrating.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.
    No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!

For one. They're not getting my money. For two. What on Earth does that mean?

Since when does a customer need to be ambitious or high in intelligence to manage a product that isn't theirs?

You do know they're being sarcastic right?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    - There seems to be a sim-worldwide plumbing issue as all plumbing breaks far too often
    - The dead texting my sim
    - My sim forgetting members of their club and having to always reintroduce them
    - This one has been happening to me a lot lately: children and teenagers feeling the need to trek all the way to their family member's bed where they are sleeping to sit and do homework dalfjaljfiafjwjiaa just sit at the table or something!
    - Group conversations....
    - Actions take forever to complete because sims are always spacing out or staring at a vase or something
    - The 'nicely decorated' moodlet is the bane of my existence
    - My hot headed sim is never actually angry and if she gets angry it lasts 1 second
    - Sims incessant need to play 'Blic Bloc'
    - No way to get rid of all the ghosts in my sim's relationship panel
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Right I was just playing in Egypt in TS3 for the first time in ages and it is hard to believe that the EP is 7 years old this year.

Another thing is how large the EP was. Egypt may well be an EP on it's own as there where three large, fully open worlds to explore and three different décor and clothing themes.

This came out within only a few months of TS3's launch which meant during development, 5 worlds where being made. Sunset Valley and Riverview and Egypt, France and China in preparation for the WA EP which would have been developed early on.

Now without sounding like I am bashing TS4 the early releases was a small Game Pack with a micro 'world' to go camping in and the first actual EP brought about 5 or so new lots no including a 'space planet' area am I right?

One thing is clear is that TS3 got a lot more investment early on which helped it become successful. Fast forward to EP3 there was by that point four residential worlds, three destination worlds and a CAW tool for players to use.

For TS4 things still seem very small in comparison.

If TS4 gets the same level of care that TS3 had I don't think there would be nearly as many complaints but it does feel that after two years, hardly anything has changed much at all.

'Things change' I guess?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm trying my hand at playing the game again, started a Homeless Challenge. You can follow it if you like on my Simblr. But one thing I noticed, it's far to easy to make money while being broke. Besides my sim's hygiene dipping low she is not suffering at all. Makes me wonder if I'm playing this homeless challenge all wrong?

I know others have said it, but since the mod I was using is no longer supported, eating takes entirely to long! Like 3 hours + for my sim to eat. Why does it take so long EA?
    Musical chairs. I thought that had been fixed.
    My couple in another play went out to eat breakfast, the arrived around 9:30 am, didn't leave until 2 pm. I did find a mod to the chef to cook faster, but still. Very time consuming.
    Can we get some rabbitholes, please?
    And I'm sick of my sims being able to buy everything either online or from an object (i.e. bookshelf). This ties into rabbitholes. lol
    Jobs! Please, can we get the classic ones back now? My sims want to work real careers. And the medical and detective careers need an overhaul. They are to cheesy, boring, and repetitive. And don't even get me started on the science one. Didn't get past day one of playing it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2016
    Really annoying that you can only have one Host in your restaurant. That's the only staff type I've wanted more than one of since I got Dine Out, and it's the only one you can't add more of. My host stands around doing nothing (even after paid training and promotion) while the crowd of people gather around my restaurant. Then, by the time they've all been seated and are waiting for their food, my restaurant has been open for 8 hours and my employees start complaining, plus I have to pay employees for hours of doing nothing.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm trying my hand at playing the game again, started a Homeless Challenge. You can follow it if you like on my Simblr. But one thing I noticed, it's far to easy to make money while being broke. Besides my sim's hygiene dipping low she is not suffering at all. Makes me wonder if I'm playing this homeless challenge all wrong?

I know others have said it, but since the mod I was using is no longer supported, eating takes entirely to long! Like 3 hours + for my sim to eat. Why does it take so long EA?
    My couple in another play went out to eat breakfast, the arrived around 9:30 am, didn't leave until 2 pm. I did find a mod to the chef to cook faster, but still. Very time consuming.
    And I'm sick of my sims being able to buy everything either online or from an object (i.e. bookshelf). This ties into rabbitholes. lol
    Jobs! Please, can we get the classic ones back now? My sims want to work real careers. And the medical and detective careers need an overhaul. They are to cheesy, boring, and repetitive. And don't even get me started on the science one. Didn't get past day one of playing it.

Well it could be worse, they could bring back a new extreme and slacker career which probably would fit the theme of TS4 ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @GoldenBuffy I doubt you're playing it wrong. On release day I was really, really excited to test these "new emotions" and I couldn't wait to get it loaded. I thought I would try the asylum challenge. What better way to put the emotions to a test?

What I found was, no matter what traits I gave them, they all seemed very similar, didn't act like they had an insane trait and often looked like an episode of Friends with the gang hanging out at their coffee shop, Central Perk.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Right I was just playing in Egypt in TS3 for the first time in ages and it is hard to believe that the EP is 7 years old this year.

Another thing is how large the EP was. Egypt may well be an EP on it's own as there where three large, fully open worlds to explore and three different décor and clothing themes.

This came out within only a few months of TS3's launch which meant during development, 5 worlds where being made. Sunset Valley and Riverview and Egypt, France and China in preparation for the WA EP which would have been developed early on.

Now without sounding like I am bashing TS4 the early releases was a small Game Pack with a micro 'world' to go camping in and the first actual EP brought about 5 or so new lots no including a 'space planet' area am I right?

One thing is clear is that TS3 got a lot more investment early on which helped it become successful. Fast forward to EP3 there was by that point four residential worlds, three destination worlds and a CAW tool for players to use.

If TS4 gets the same level of care that TS3 had I don't think there would be nearly as many complaints but it does feel that after two years, hardly anything has changed much at all.

'Things change' I guess?
    I agree with your analysis. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

'Things change' I guess?
    I agree with your analysis. :)

He's right. Just look at Ambitions. It has what....6 or 7 hands on careers plus a rabbit hole career?............and not one of those careers had a check list. :p
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member

Speaking of careers, I wish some of the teen careers were available to adults without having to use a mod. I have many adult sims who want work as manual laborers.

• Options
    My biggest complaint is that The Sims has always been a tool box for me. A tool box that allowed me to build what I wanted. Now I've been given a paint by number set.