Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEEP BEEP! Truck full of complaints arrived!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.
    No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!

For one. They're not getting my money. For two. What on Earth does that mean?

Since when does a customer need to be ambitious or high in intelligence to manage a product that isn't theirs?

You do know they're being sarcastic right?

Not exactly. This poster uses sarcasm to tell everyone else how to behave, what to say (or rather what to not say), and how they should approach the game. From reading his/her posts it seems like they really do believe that 1) the devs are not obligated to provide a functioning game and the complaints should stop (it's probably more accurate to say they seem to believe that since the game is mod able it IS functional) and 2) lodging complaints about the game that reflect poorly on the company should stop immediately since it is illegal and unfounded, and 3) everyone should be intelligent enough to learn to "manage", I.e. "Mod" their own games. Using script mods no less, since tuning mods are not real mods anyway, according to this poster.

@Forest_Ninja can correct me if I've misinterpreted. But from what I've seen, usually they don't respond when directly challenged or at best all they usually do is backtrack on what they really said, though.
    The entire point was that video gaming began as a hobby for those who are technically inclined and they tend to be motivated to extend value with their knowledge of what has been dismissed here as 'jargon salad.' There's no backtracking, only strawmen and distraction from the opposing party.

Edit: Cat

So in other words, those who aren't "technically inclined" or "motivated to extend value" through learning to script mod should not be buying video games? I'm sure video game publishers would frown on that idea, especially with this game since it appears that the intention was to design a simple, easy game that would be easy for 'non-techies' to play.

If it's your goal to get a job with EA, attempting to discourage their target customers from buying this product is probably not the way to go. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.
    No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!

For one. They're not getting my money. For two. What on Earth does that mean?

Since when does a customer need to be ambitious or high in intelligence to manage a product that isn't theirs?

You do know they're being sarcastic right?

Not exactly. This poster uses sarcasm to tell everyone else how to behave, what to say (or rather what to not say), and how they should approach the game. From reading his/her posts it seems like they really do believe that 1) the devs are not obligated to provide a functioning game and the complaints should stop (it's probably more accurate to say they seem to believe that since the game is mod able it IS functional) and 2) lodging complaints about the game that reflect poorly on the company should stop immediately since it is illegal and unfounded, and 3) everyone should be intelligent enough to learn to "manage", I.e. "Mod" their own games. Using script mods no less, since tuning mods are not real mods anyway, according to this poster.

@Forest_Ninja can correct me if I've misinterpreted. But from what I've seen, usually they don't respond when directly challenged or at best all they usually do is backtrack on what they really said, though.
    The entire point was that video gaming began as a hobby for those who are technically inclined and they tend to be motivated to extend value with their knowledge of what has been dismissed here as 'jargon salad.' There's no backtracking, only strawmen and distraction from the opposing party.

Edit: Cat

So in other words, those who aren't "technically inclined" or "motivated to extend value" through learning to script mod should not be buying video games? I'm sure video game publishers would frown on that idea, especially with this game since it appears that the intention was to design a simple, easy game that would be easy for 'non-techies' to play.

If it's your goal to get a job with EA, attempting to discourage their target customers from buying this product is probably not the way to go. ;)

No, you need to open a dictionary and search for the word ambition. No one has stated anything of the sort.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Moetard117Moetard117 Posts: 20 Member
    I cant have a neighbor sim have a baby without my sim woohooing the neighbor's wife.
    The musical chair 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is real.
    I love the third wheel person in the conversation making weird faces.
    I only dont play sims 3 because the load times are outrageous on my pc.
    Actually... I should play sims 3.
    I do miss weather.
    I have to be 1000% dedicated to work to level up
    Why do I get kicked out of a house I am throwing a party in and making food?
    Do unplayed sims even know what a toilet is?
    Checking the box to fill empty houses does not fill houses.
    Canceling queued tasks... just cuz.
    I do like that i can lock a sim in a picket fence outside and them die of starvation.
    I should kill all sims.
    Why cant children die but the wishing well gives me ghost children
    I only like to build houses in this game
    When i build walls around a built up room and it deletes all my interior walls and floors.
    The painting of foundation must be all the same.
    I miss pets.... like dogs and cats...
    And toddlers.
    The save error that caused me to have to get a new save.
    Actually giving 2 sh*ts about my sims. I have not been emotionally invested in my sims since my first sim died.
    I feel like I am playing a version of sim city but my only concern is to not go extinct!
  • Options
    will everyone stop complaining there is nothing wrong with the sims4 i am quite satisifed with how the sims4 is if you went such content in your game then just add mods or cc that would give you such content end of story and no point in tagging or quote me i will be ignoring this topic from now on j'ai dit se que j'avais a dire. i said what i had to say

For some of us there is quite a lot wrong with TS4 and some people don't like mods. You might be happy with the way the game plays but many aren't. People really don't need your okay to post what they find wrong.

I mean... I guess if sims 4 is the first game you ever played.... or sims 3 on console.... it'd seem pretty cool. Those of us who spent $50 on the game plus $20 per expansion and have been basically investing in this game since the original The Sims, (omg remember hot date and vacation!?) There is actually a lot missing from this game. I thought at the very list with this overly basic version, they could have at least had console out by now when I am feeling too lazy to whip out the computer!
  • Options
    BEEP..BEEP!.....BEEP!.........BEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP! (CRASH).....ok fine maybe I shouldn't have ran that red light but at least the crash helped spill out my complaints anyway....

1. Togetherness is still an issue with bed interactions acting more like the set of The I love Lucy Show where the Sims are not actually in bed together but acts as two single beds. In previous games I enjoyed watching two sims in love snuggle against each other with their arms around one another but now I'm happy to report that when I see Sims in bed now I just ask them "When are you fools going to get a divorce instead of your nightly imply of a separation?" Dancing is actually "Not Together" but "Next To Each Other". I want my Sims to "Pop, Lock, And Drop it" with each other not to show off in front of each other...
    2. Kids have absolutely no interactions for each other! Again this should run under the topic of togetherness. Kids should be able to play tag (cough Sims 3) play cops and robbers (cough sims 2) play paddy cake (cough Sims 2 and where is that Dayquil), or something new they can do together as an activity but there are no known children to children interactions. While I do love the Kids Room pack despite the nightly tentacles wanting to dance underneath my child's bed again no new interactions for children to use for one another was added. I guess when it's focused on the room children shut up. At least that's what kids room stuff implies...
    3. What's the difference between a teenager and an adult?!? In The Sims 4 I don't know because teens are young adults part 1 with no known interactions outside of a few romantic interactions like promise rings that are given to them. Teens have no CAS items made for only them. There is literally nothing to distinguish them from adults. It's like having a 24 year old still in high school because he didn't know he had to go to class to pass. This was more then likely a rushed launch date issue and so far an issue to this day has not been solved by adding teen interactions or at least a stuff pack to say they are not quite adults at this time.
    4. Musical chairs is not a "Get Together" activity but it might as well be as often as it happens. Add it under hobbies so we can earn perk points by being annoyed that our Sims can't sit down long enough to eat!
    5. Hey Simmers! Did you know that when you go out on a date you should invite two or more three people to talk about something off subject so you can purposely have other people intrude on your date so your lover can have mixed feelings about you especially when you decide to start showing affection that could very well determine how badly the date could turn out. If you didn't play The Sims 4. In dating when your being told what to do cause what you want to do "doesn't matter" Sims have a tendency to feel allowed to get into the conversation and stay there! For example just imagine being on a date with your true love and you discuss what you want to do in your next whoohoo and then all of a sudden someone wants to talk to you while talking to your true love and it gets awkward that causes the affection between the two lovers to fail more easily and both of them would be embarrassed. Picture this scene! "Well you know what my cute little pickle-feet, I was thinking how we wanted to feel like we were two Sims in a safari making animal noises but I cannot end this day without reading the newspaper so why don't I take the chicago tribune over to that bush over there and I can show you what it takes to be queen of my jungle and.... "Hey guys can I join your hearts of love with you" "Who are you?" "A journalist. I have a newspaper so let's roll in it!" "Sorry but this is just for me and my wife" "So I'll come with you then" "No" "Yes" "I said no clown" "Oh awesome we can have a costume party after our whoohoo"....lol

See what I mean it's so annoying. They will not leave after entering the conversation and it causes the relationship between the datee and the dater to become awkward! I hate that more then anything...

You're right. We should be able to have 3 somes. And Stds.... lol!! (No, that is not all i got out of what you said)
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

I guess what irritates me the most is...why didn't they just wait to launch the game? We've had 2 years of nothing....2 years that they could have been developing a really fully fledged base game.

All they had to do was pick up where TS3 left off. If they wanted to wow us with an 80.00 game...then why not have it with elements of all the expansion packs we love in the base game? They didn't need to put the expansions in their entirety, just elements we love from them. And then give us an options menu for those of us who want to opted out of certain things...Like supernaturals, toddlers, celebrities, and so on. But give the players a choice.

They could have added basic weather and pets... leaving room open to expand on that later. Same with supernaturals and life stages with Toddlers.

The one thing that I think most all fans of the franchise will agree with, was when they came out with an entirely new EP for TS3 that no one saw coming... and that was Island paradise... It was fantastic!! Sims could swim in the ocean, dive, had boats and could build boat decks for their homes. It seemed like we were really gonna get some entirely new EP's for the game... and then TS4 launched.

By picking up where the previous sims left off, it would have given them an opportunity to come up with new EP ideas instead of re-creating the ones we already know and love...and are tired of paying for over and over again. it would have set the bar a bit higher for what could happen with this game. I mean....they didn't even bother to put graveyards in the base game this time...we've always had a graveyard. And car pools, and that pesky little raccoon that knocks over the trashcan in the middle of the night. All those little things that made the game so fun.

When they decided to "water down" the game and turn it into something more "PC" for the newer fan base....it was like telling the dedicated fan base...well, we just don't care anymore.

Just knowing what they could have done for the game...and how they didn't even bother to promote it this year at Gamescom... to me...it says it's over. They simply didn't care enough to raise the bar. And while we ponder and ask questions, get mad, and try to find any kind of enjoyment in what this version of TS4 is....I think most of the original fan base has turned back to playing TS3. I think we will also be watching in wonder if anything we've said will make any kind of difference or if this franchise, like SimCity, will quietly slip into obscurity and never be resurrected again.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Moetard117 wrote: »
    BEEP..BEEP!.....BEEP!.........BEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP! (CRASH).....ok fine maybe I shouldn't have ran that red light but at least the crash helped spill out my complaints anyway....

1. Togetherness is still an issue with bed interactions acting more like the set of The I love Lucy Show where the Sims are not actually in bed together but acts as two single beds. In previous games I enjoyed watching two sims in love snuggle against each other with their arms around one another but now I'm happy to report that when I see Sims in bed now I just ask them "When are you fools going to get a divorce instead of your nightly imply of a separation?" Dancing is actually "Not Together" but "Next To Each Other". I want my Sims to "Pop, Lock, And Drop it" with each other not to show off in front of each other...
    2. Kids have absolutely no interactions for each other! Again this should run under the topic of togetherness. Kids should be able to play tag (cough Sims 3) play cops and robbers (cough sims 2) play paddy cake (cough Sims 2 and where is that Dayquil), or something new they can do together as an activity but there are no known children to children interactions. While I do love the Kids Room pack despite the nightly tentacles wanting to dance underneath my child's bed again no new interactions for children to use for one another was added. I guess when it's focused on the room children shut up. At least that's what kids room stuff implies...
    3. What's the difference between a teenager and an adult?!? In The Sims 4 I don't know because teens are young adults part 1 with no known interactions outside of a few romantic interactions like promise rings that are given to them. Teens have no CAS items made for only them. There is literally nothing to distinguish them from adults. It's like having a 24 year old still in high school because he didn't know he had to go to class to pass. This was more then likely a rushed launch date issue and so far an issue to this day has not been solved by adding teen interactions or at least a stuff pack to say they are not quite adults at this time.
    4. Musical chairs is not a "Get Together" activity but it might as well be as often as it happens. Add it under hobbies so we can earn perk points by being annoyed that our Sims can't sit down long enough to eat!
    5. Hey Simmers! Did you know that when you go out on a date you should invite two or more three people to talk about something off subject so you can purposely have other people intrude on your date so your lover can have mixed feelings about you especially when you decide to start showing affection that could very well determine how badly the date could turn out. If you didn't play The Sims 4. In dating when your being told what to do cause what you want to do "doesn't matter" Sims have a tendency to feel allowed to get into the conversation and stay there! For example just imagine being on a date with your true love and you discuss what you want to do in your next whoohoo and then all of a sudden someone wants to talk to you while talking to your true love and it gets awkward that causes the affection between the two lovers to fail more easily and both of them would be embarrassed. Picture this scene! "Well you know what my cute little pickle-feet, I was thinking how we wanted to feel like we were two Sims in a safari making animal noises but I cannot end this day without reading the newspaper so why don't I take the chicago tribune over to that bush over there and I can show you what it takes to be queen of my jungle and.... "Hey guys can I join your hearts of love with you" "Who are you?" "A journalist. I have a newspaper so let's roll in it!" "Sorry but this is just for me and my wife" "So I'll come with you then" "No" "Yes" "I said no clown" "Oh awesome we can have a costume party after our whoohoo"....lol

See what I mean it's so annoying. They will not leave after entering the conversation and it causes the relationship between the datee and the dater to become awkward! I hate that more then anything...

You're right. We should be able to have 3 somes. And Stds.... lol!! (No, that is not all i got out of what you said)

Huh.gif~c200
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Huh.gif~c200

Heh. Just think about it. ;)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5