Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEEP BEEP! Truck full of complaints arrived!

Comments

• Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    I'm sorry, but some of these issues are ridiculous. I'm in tears laughing at how some of these things even exist in the first place.

Highlights:
    -Upper Crusts is a club about cooking and their hangout place is some member's house, but when my sims that are in this club cook, they say it's "inappropriate".
    Always one sim in the welcome wagon that just wont leave
    Just for giggles I fired up the game to see the new way to play (phone colors)... I noticed that you can turn the phone on silent, so I did... now the phone won't open and I can't turn the ringer back on. The phones are now stuck in every house I visited.
    Sims will call you up to hangout and go away in the instant you arrive the place.

Really?

Heh. QC at its finest.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm sorry, but some of these issues are ridiculous. I'm in tears laughing at how some of these things even exist in the first place.

Highlights:
    -Upper Crusts is a club about cooking and their hangout place is some member's house, but when my sims that are in this club cook, they say it's "inappropriate".
    Always one sim in the welcome wagon that just wont leave
    Just for giggles I fired up the game to see the new way to play (phone colors)... I noticed that you can turn the phone on silent, so I did... now the phone won't open and I can't turn the ringer back on. The phones are now stuck in every house I visited.
    Sims will call you up to hangout and go away in the instant you arrive the place.

Really?

That's what annoys me the most. How can I look past the bigger issues (no toddlers, culling, relationship culling, incest (although fixed, it still happens; was just reading a thread about it this morning - an uncle married a half sibling... Or something, anyway...) when there's allllllll these little petty things that just want to tip me over the edge into serious dislike for this game?

The very sad thing is I *still* want to play it otherwise I wouldn't be here. Don't get me wrong, I haven't bought anything past GTW, but still, I want to.

*sigh*

I've been taking my frustration out in Belladonna Cove. I've had to stop playing due to such a busy work week but I managed to leave myself with plenty to do.

Samantha Cordial married Connor Weir, they have a son called David. Although she is a good witch her emotions got the better of her and she started to flirt with Gabriel Green, resulting in them falling in love on the spot. I went with it, Connor found out it was awful (he cried :cry: ). Sam is now pregnant with Gabriel's child, but they don't know it yet.

Kimberly has been sleeping around town and has gotten herself pregnant by Armand DeBateau. I had plans for her to freak out and leave the child in the care of her sister (she is an evil witch after all) and then have this whole 'you're not my mother, YES I AM' moment (UK peeps should know this :wink: ) when she or he grew up (one day to go, sim time).

That's pretty much it for now. Oh Geoff Rutherford got himself bitten by a vamp he was seeing and now wants to own a Restaurant (who knew?) I figured the Crypt'o Night Club would suffice quite nicely.

So yeah... Hoping to get some game time in over the weekend, will keep you updated.

--T

Eta: forgot a ? And a typo
  • Options
    YvesSaintLaurentYvesSaintLaurent Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello simmers!

First I'd like to say I like the game, but mostly because I make up story line and play a multitude of househoulds, because when I just play one household and do the same things over and over again it's just ... meh ... anyways;

I have several issues with the game that you've all already mentioned. But the lack of reactions is really making me mad. For example, my married sim went on a date with another married sim, her husband saw them at the restaurant together, and all he did was stomp about angrily for two secs and sat down for some Lobster Thermidor ... I mean, I can imagine it being bloody delicious, but do you really unsee the cheating spouse in front of you while eating?

Another thing is the lack of "gossiping", like if you see a sim cheating on your friend and you can't tell them, or vice versa. But the truth is also that the sims you do not play are not very ... sim like ... more like dolls, that just say hello and do club stuff. Oh and kick over your trash cans.

Why does it take so long to get seated + to get your meal, I am sorry but there are only 24 hours in a sims day, and if he spends 5 at a restaurant it is not entertaining.

More content with stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs please. I am not fan of downloading CC that is slowing my game down even more than the loading screens. :disappointed:

And please EA keep us a little more up to date. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

ok, cheers, happy simming and all hail toddlers and weather!
  • Options
    Ashwath6531Ashwath6531 Posts: 2 New Member
    -My sim dad wakes up with a yellow hunger need and the first thing he does is cook cupcakes, seriously, who even eats cupcakes for lunch. (We own a cupcake factory) I can't cancel the autonomous action, but I emailed EA about it. Hopefully they'll fix it
    -I order some food/drink at a bar/cafe and when the mixoligist/barista is done someone steals my food/drink. I have to order another and I basically paid double for just one thing
    -Uhhh... I ran out of ideas, I'll keep in touch when I find out more problems
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hello simmers!

First I'd like to say I like the game, but mostly because I make up story line and play a multitude of househoulds, because when I just play one household and do the same things over and over again it's just ... meh ... anyways;

I have several issues with the game that you've all already mentioned. But the lack of reactions is really making me mad. For example, my married sim went on a date with another married sim, her husband saw them at the restaurant together, and all he did was stomp about angrily for two secs and sat down for some Lobster Thermidor ... I mean, I can imagine it being bloody delicious, but do you really unsee the cheating spouse in front of you while eating?

Another thing is the lack of "gossiping", like if you see a sim cheating on your friend and you can't tell them, or vice versa. But the truth is also that the sims you do not play are not very ... sim like ... more like dolls, that just say hello and do club stuff. Oh and kick over your trash cans.

Why does it take so long to get seated + to get your meal, I am sorry but there are only 24 hours in a sims day, and if he spends 5 at a restaurant it is not entertaining.

More content with stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs please. I am not fan of downloading CC that is slowing my game down even more than the loading screens. :disappointed:

And please EA keep us a little more up to date. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

ok, cheers, happy simming and all hail toddlers and weather!

Yes, the lack of emotions is a huge downer. I mean, for a game that was marketed as focusing on the sims themselves and their emotions, they sure like 99.9% of them. I would have thought this would have been a priority to fix and patch in, yet EA still continues to sweep it under the rug. Having your sims cheat just isn't fun. Or breakup or even divorce. And don't get me started on a sim dying. *ugh*

In my Sims 3 game, my sim broke up - or at least that's how I remember it - with his girlfriend, went away to uni. sleep through half the female student body. My other playable sims who joined him at uni talked about him all the time. Even one of my sims who had a crush on him started fighting with him, and their friendly relationship tanked. When then returned home he rolled wants to get back with his ex, but then he confessed to cheating, and she hated him after that. lol I want that back!

And I hate how no playables are just background noise. They don't do anything. Whereas sims in Sims 3, when not being played they still "live" their lives in the background, doing their own thing.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    My Sims favorite way to wash dishes is to go from the kitchen up to the 3rd floor bathroom and wash them in the bathroom sink...
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    tselph wrote: »
    My Sims favorite way to wash dishes is to go from the kitchen up to the 3rd floor bathroom and wash them in the bathroom sink...

THIS!!! And use the cheapest sink in the house, because the dishwasher apparently isn't good enough.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    tselph wrote: »

In TS3 it is the over way around.

I mean I would be very happy to have a Sim wash their dishes in the kitchen sink but as the dining room might be next to a small bathroom, it seems more sensible to wash dishes in there so my Sims think.

Well sensible enough until a Sim walks in to use the toilet and there is some confusion in the doorway... ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Messed up cafe
    -Barista not doing their job (just standing and looking around)
    -Other sims interrupting my order
    -Taking my food or drink right in front of me

-One could die of old age when dining out in TS4 restaurants
    -Lack of depth in gameplay

I was a fan of TS4, I really was but sometimes I get so annoyed with those bugs and stuff. Now I'm in a situation where I would wait on how this game will go instead of instantly buying what they release. Forget about toddlers or cars for a moment. They can't even make current things right. I feel like packs in TS4 are just a decor for the base game and they seem to be built on a weak foundation where they would all collapse at one point. I think it's time they put a super huge effort for this game. And EA should give the developers enough budget. :/

I guess that "solid foundation" that former SimGuru Ryan was talking about was not made out of cement after all but just a pile of tumbleweed glued together....sigh.....can't EA afford better material for that solid foundation...
  • Options
    Messed up cafe

I was a fan of TS4, I really was but sometimes I get so annoyed with those bugs and stuff. Now I'm in a situation where I would wait on how this game will go instead of instantly buying what they release. Forget about toddlers or cars for a moment. They can't even make current things right. I feel like packs in TS4 are just a decor for the base game and they seem to be built on a weak foundation where they would all collapse at one point. I think it's time they put a super huge effort for this game. And EA should give the developers enough budget. :/

I guess that "solid foundation" that former SimGuru Ryan was talking about was not made out of cement after all but just a pile of tumbleweed glued together....sigh.....can't EA afford better material for that solid foundation...

I thought it was stitched together with candy floss? ;)

On a serious note though I am not really into all that tech talk but my question is how much stability could be expected from the base game?

Now I actually did play the Free Trial and one positive I found was that the game was running smoothly and dispite critcism I do give credit where credit is due.

Is the base game less stable with a few EPs, SPS or GPs added to it?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Messed up cafe

On a serious note though I am not really into all that tech talk but my question is how much stability could be expected from the base game?

Now I actually did play the Free Trial and one positive I found was that the game was running smoothly and dispite critcism I do give credit where credit is due.

I'm not sure about actual stability...as in crashing, lagging or that kind of thing because I haven't been playing enough to verify that. I can attest to the fact that each time something is added something new breaks in my game. As in when patches and GTW were added, I first noticed culling. As major patches or packs are added I see new issues.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    There's definitely something wrong with this fantastic, stable foundation when you need to release bug patches to fix bug patches. I don't think there's been a patch yet that hasn't broken something on the side as well (aside from the tiny patches)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Messed up cafe

I'm not sure about actual stability...as in crashing, lagging or that kind of thing because I haven't been playing enough to verify that. I can attest to the fact that each time something is added something new breaks in my game. As in when patches and GTW were added, I first noticed culling. As major patches or packs are added I see new issues.

Well throughout the history of The Sims patches have always 'broken things' so that is nothing new and sadly, almost to be expected.

How ever it seems that culling is not a popular move and really shouldn't even be necessary
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited August 2016
    BEEP..BEEP!.....BEEP!.........BEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP! (CRASH).....ok fine maybe I shouldn't have ran that red light but at least the crash helped spill out my complaints anyway....

1. Togetherness is still an issue with bed interactions acting more like the set of The I love Lucy Show where the Sims are not actually in bed together but acts as two single beds. In previous games I enjoyed watching two sims in love snuggle against each other with their arms around one another but now I'm happy to report that when I see Sims in bed now I just ask them "When are you fools going to get a divorce instead of your nightly imply of a separation?" Dancing is actually "Not Together" but "Next To Each Other". I want my Sims to "Pop, Lock, And Drop it" with each other not to show off in front of each other...
    2. Kids have absolutely no interactions for each other! Again this should run under the topic of togetherness. Kids should be able to play tag (cough Sims 3) play cops and robbers (cough sims 2) play paddy cake (cough Sims 2 and where is that Dayquil), or something new they can do together as an activity but there are no known children to children interactions. While I do love the Kids Room pack despite the nightly tentacles wanting to dance underneath my child's bed again no new interactions for children to use for one another was added. I guess when it's focused on the room children shut up. At least that's what kids room stuff implies...
    3. What's the difference between a teenager and an adult?!? In The Sims 4 I don't know because teens are young adults part 1 with no known interactions outside of a few romantic interactions like promise rings that are given to them. Teens have no CAS items made for only them. There is literally nothing to distinguish them from adults. It's like having a 24 year old still in high school because he didn't know he had to go to class to pass. This was more then likely a rushed launch date issue and so far an issue to this day has not been solved by adding teen interactions or at least a stuff pack to say they are not quite adults at this time.
    4. Musical chairs is not a "Get Together" activity but it might as well be as often as it happens. Add it under hobbies so we can earn perk points by being annoyed that our Sims can't sit down long enough to eat!
    5. Hey Simmers! Did you know that when you go out on a date you should invite two or more three people to talk about something off subject so you can purposely have other people intrude on your date so your lover can have mixed feelings about you especially when you decide to start showing affection that could very well determine how badly the date could turn out. If you didn't play The Sims 4. In dating when your being told what to do cause what you want to do "doesn't matter" Sims have a tendency to feel allowed to get into the conversation and stay there! For example just imagine being on a date with your true love and you discuss what you want to do in your next whoohoo and then all of a sudden someone wants to talk to you while talking to your true love and it gets awkward that causes the affection between the two lovers to fail more easily and both of them would be embarrassed. Picture this scene! "Well you know what my cute little pickle-feet, I was thinking how we wanted to feel like we were two Sims in a safari making animal noises but I cannot end this day without reading the newspaper so why don't I take the chicago tribune over to that bush over there and I can show you what it takes to be queen of my jungle and.... "Hey guys can I join your hearts of love with you" "Who are you?" "A journalist. I have a newspaper so let's roll in it!" "Sorry but this is just for me and my wife" "So I'll come with you then" "No" "Yes" "I said no clown" "Oh awesome we can have a costume party after our whoohoo"....lol

See what I mean it's so annoying. They will not leave after entering the conversation and it causes the relationship between the datee and the dater to become awkward! I hate that more then anything...
  • Options
    Messed up cafe

Well throughout the history of The Sims patches have always 'broken things' so that is nothing new and sadly, almost to be expected.

How ever it seems that culling is not a popular move and really shouldn't even be necessary

My problem is that this is the first time that I've gotten glitches and bugs that effect my game play. I really did have a usually smooth operating game with TS3....and no mods were needed. In the entire time I played I remember two households I created being culled. I did have the messages that so and so is moving away from town but it was never any name I recognized. My Sims didn't forget their friends and family.

One thing that is very different to me. With 2 and 3 the game play was immersive enough that I could over look the small glitches I did get. If the team wants me to over look the glitches this time I need much better game play.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Messed up cafe

My problem is that this is the first time that I've gotten glitches and bugs that effect my game play. I really did have a usually smooth operating game with TS3....and no mods were needed. In the entire time I played I remember two households I created being culled. I did have the messages that so and so is moving away from town but it was never any name I recognized. My Sims didn't forget their friends and family.

One thing that is very different to me. With 2 and 3 the game play was immersive enough that I could over look the small glitches I did get. If the team wants me to over look the glitches this time I need much better game play.

Fair reply :smile:

In 16 years I have only ever seen a few game breaking bugs. Save Errors in TS3 where a problem but that is down to how much memory you have. A lot of players, especially these days don't get them too often.

There was a few scary bugs in TS2, one that I only ever saw twice which included NPCs constantly being spawned eventually leading to a crash.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    To be fair, Sims 2 is my favourite game in the series but that game had a lot of issues that were NEVER solved, all to do with corruption. Doing things that were supposed to be base game functionality, like moving occupied lots into the neighbourhood, or saving while your Sims were on the telephone, could damage your game irrepairably - my Sims all started disappearing about 7 years into the game, and then whole neighbourhoods disappeared... and if your Sim knew a vanished Sim, they too became corrupted, and so it spread through the interconnected web of relationships I had spent 7 years establishing in my neighbourhood until almost all of my played Sims had disappeared. The game basically imploded.
  • Options
    Messed up cafe

In 16 years I have only ever seen a few game breaking bugs. Save Errors in TS3 where a problem but that is down to how much memory you have. A lot of players, especially these days don't get them too often.

There was a few scary bugs in TS2, one that I only ever saw twice which included NPCs constantly being spawned eventually leading to a crash.

That brings me to another question. Why is it that I can play for an hour or two and have 10 or more households, encompassing 20 to 40 Sims being created while my Sims can disappear? Seems counter intuitive to me.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Messed up cafe

Not sure if I have a bad mod or what - though I removed mods before installing - after GT was installed The Bluffs lags for me. No matter what sim I send there, even in a new game. It's the only lot that lags.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Messed up cafe

That brings me to another question. Why is it that I can play for an hour or two and have 10 or more households, encompassing 20 to 40 Sims being created while my Sims can disappear? Seems counter intuitive to me.

I couldn't answer that myself. It is a shame though. I would say no to culling completely, or at least let players have some options. IE maybe you could set options to cull certain NPCs or townies every now and then if you are not bothered by them?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    there is a no culling mod by shirmod have you guys tried that??
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    there is a no culling mod by shirmod have you guys tried that??

Yep. Used MC though. Good mod. Got tired of having to wait for an update so I could resume my game every month though. No fault of of the modders. Just got to a point beyond ridiculous for someone like me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.
    No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!

For one. They're not getting my money. For two. What on Earth does that mean?

Since when does a customer need to be ambitious or high in intelligence to manage a product that isn't theirs?

You do know they're being sarcastic right?

Not exactly. This poster uses sarcasm to tell everyone else how to behave, what to say (or rather what to not say), and how they should approach the game. From reading his/her posts it seems like they really do believe that 1) the devs are not obligated to provide a functioning game and the complaints should stop (it's probably more accurate to say they seem to believe that since the game is mod able it IS functional) and 2) lodging complaints about the game that reflect poorly on the company should stop immediately since it is illegal and unfounded, and 3) everyone should be intelligent enough to learn to "manage", I.e. "Mod" their own games. Using script mods no less, since tuning mods are not real mods anyway, according to this poster.

@Forest_Ninja can correct me if I've misinterpreted. But from what I've seen, usually they don't respond when directly challenged or at best all they usually do is backtrack on what they really said, though.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    If they weren't going to give us toddlers, then the least they could have done is not make the babies objects. I couldn't and wouldn't play this without mods and CC. It's too boring.

Which is so sad, because we paid good money for an incomplete game that is only worthy of play with mods :S I think the person @friendlysimmers was wrong to suggest that people who pay money for a game are not allowed to complain. When you pay for something you have certain expectations. The game should be good without mods and suggesting that anyone upset should mod the game and stop complaining is frankly unfair.
    I have bought the game and eps and sps, but I am not happy with it at all, I bought it yet I play the sims 3. I do not even know where to start to mod a game. I am just a mother who likes to game with her kids, we were so excited for TS4 and bought it right away, we uploaded it started to play and and the disappointment for my kids was huge. I now refuse to buy any more of the packs that go with this game unless they greatly improve it.

My daughter has played it more recently than I and she says that her sims are not behaving as she would expect, when they are mad with a sim two seconds later they are smiling and joking with that sim. This is not like in real life and this is supposed to be a life simulator.

I still have faith that the developers will fix the game and make it a bit more to everyone's liking, although I am not so stupid as to believe they can really please every person fully.

I just wanted a game I didn't have to think about modding, not that I would be able to if I wanted to.

This post is not meant to upset anyone or change the way they personally feel about the game, this is just my personal opinion.

XxxxxxX <3 XxxxxxX

The Sims 3 is a tough game to beat!!!!!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you just said.
    No customer should ever need ambition or high intelligence to manage an entertainment product!

For one. They're not getting my money. For two. What on Earth does that mean?

Since when does a customer need to be ambitious or high in intelligence to manage a product that isn't theirs?

You do know they're being sarcastic right?

Not exactly. This poster uses sarcasm to tell everyone else how to behave, what to say (or rather what to not say), and how they should approach the game. From reading his/her posts it seems like they really do believe that 1) the devs are not obligated to provide a functioning game and the complaints should stop (it's probably more accurate to say they seem to believe that since the game is mod able it IS functional) and 2) lodging complaints about the game that reflect poorly on the company should stop immediately since it is illegal and unfounded, and 3) everyone should be intelligent enough to learn to "manage", I.e. "Mod" their own games. Using script mods no less, since tuning mods are not real mods anyway, according to this poster.

@Forest_Ninja can correct me if I've misinterpreted. But from what I've seen, usually they don't respond when directly challenged or at best all they usually do is backtrack on what they really said, though.
    The entire point was that video gaming began as a hobby for those who are technically inclined and they tend to be motivated to extend value with their knowledge of what has been dismissed here as 'jargon salad.' There's no backtracking, only strawmen and distraction from the opposing party.

Edit: Cat
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch