Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this tutorial! I thought I was stuck forever employing random townies. I find myself caring so much more about the employees when I make them. I only kept one that the game gave me (but made her over enough to like her). My sim spends so much time there, I need to like them like they're her family also.

I am glad you find the tutorial helpful :)
    @mcrudd I browsed by here earlier to answer a question for an MC user... saw the finished tutorial for the first time.

AMAZING job... Five Stars! :)

Bookmarked, too. B)

Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Mairisie25 wrote: »
    I lost my restaurant employees after I invited them to my house. They must remain unplayed with. No interactions outside the restaurant I found out. I thought I could just get to know them so they would be happy at work and do a better job.

Yeah they should not be interacted after work at all, unless you see them while you are out and about at a park or something, their house should never get selected for visits or phoned to meet you up or anything like that. I wish we could interact with them more, hopefully it will be introduced in the future.

@mcrudd
    I can not confirm that statement.
    In my game all of my restaurant workers are friends with the owner. When meeting on parties or elsewhere I can talk to them etc. AND I can call them or invite them to meet without losing them as workers.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this tutorial! I thought I was stuck forever employing random townies. I find myself caring so much more about the employees when I make them. I only kept one that the game gave me (but made her over enough to like her). My sim spends so much time there, I need to like them like they're her family also.

Its a huge pleasure :)
    @mcrudd I browsed by here earlier to answer a question for an MC user... saw the finished tutorial for the first time.

AMAZING job... Five Stars! :)

Bookmarked, too. B)

Its a huge pleasure :)
  • Options
    brockieroadbrockieroad Posts: 85 New Member
    Definitely put this in my favorites! You deserve a lot of credit and thanks for putting so much time and effort into this tutorial and your thoughtfulness for sharing is much appreciated! You rock! B)
  • Options
    Dingabat82Dingabat82 Posts: 1 New Member
    Everytime I delete all the unplayed households I load my restaurant and suddenly there are more NPCs. I go to manage households again and there are ten or more new unplayed characters that went there before. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Shelby1234Shelby1234 Posts: 52 Member
    @mcrudd - Thank you so much for taking the time to create this terrific tutorial!
    I hope this hasn't been asked before but Can our SIM family members work at our restaurants?
    I have a beautiful married couple - She is a Chef and He is a Mixologist. The Wife purchased the restaurant and I was crushed when I realized She couldn't cook at her business, but then I said, well at least her Husband can work the bar.
    I've tried a few things, but nope... the most I could do was invite him to the restaurant and he helped the waiters clean up.
    Do you know if She can hire him? Or should I just have him quit his job and have him "stay" at the restaurant and direct him to "tend bar" for free?
    Thanks, any info is much appreciated!
  • Options
    Definitely put this in my favorites! You deserve a lot of credit and thanks for putting so much time and effort into this tutorial and your thoughtfulness for sharing is much appreciated! You rock! B)

Thank you :)
    Dingabat82 wrote: »
    Everytime I delete all the unplayed households I load my restaurant and suddenly there are more NPCs. I go to manage households again and there are ten or more new unplayed characters that went there before. Any suggestions?

Are you deleting the not in world ones, those are the important ones, you get unplayed that is in the world, and you get unplayed that is not in the world. You need to concentrate on the ones not in world
    uPg0Ou2.png
    Shelby1234 wrote: »
    @mcrudd - Thank you so much for taking the time to create this terrific tutorial!
    I hope this hasn't been asked before but Can our SIM family members work at our restaurants?
    I have a beautiful married couple - She is a Chef and He is a Mixologist. The Wife purchased the restaurant and I was crushed when I realized She couldn't cook at her business, but then I said, well at least her Husband can work the bar.
    I've tried a few things, but nope... the most I could do was invite him to the restaurant and he helped the waiters clean up.
    Do you know if She can hire him? Or should I just have him quit his job and have him "stay" at the restaurant and direct him to "tend bar" for free?
    Thanks, any info is much appreciated!

Unfortuanatly not, only not in world sims can work there, no playable sims. I hope they allow it in the future, it would be lovely if a playable household could run the restaurant, it would be awesome.
  • Options
    brockieroadbrockieroad Posts: 85 New Member
    It didn't work for me. When I tried clicking on OPTIONS between step 9 - 10 (against the dark screen), it wouldn't do anything. I couldn't do it.
  • Options
    Millie9999Millie9999 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I did what the tutorial said and the household that I put as unplayed still doesn't come up to hire, I don't know if it's because they're already at level 10 at cooking etc, but they won't show, does anyone know if this is the reason why??
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thank you! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    it's work and I enjoy with played employee, thank you for this nice tutorial :smiley:
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I have done this SO many times, and the game constantly regenerates new npcs as options for employees. I have deleted every new batch of npcs and it doesn't work. I can never get the sim I want as an option for the position I want them in
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    MadzeliaMadzelia Posts: 1 New Member
    doesnt work, it just regens back more townies...
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm only just seeing this now! It's helpful. Thank you!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wonderful, Thank you very much for this thread, I am sure it will help out greatly, much appreciated, Happy Holidays & Simming to Everyone.
  • Options
    mysimsandi2mysimsandi2 Posts: 105 Member
    thank you for the tutorial @mcrudd ! it will be fun :)
  • Options
    It didn't work for me. When I tried clicking on OPTIONS between step 9 - 10 (against the dark screen), it wouldn't do anything. I couldn't do it.

I am so sorry to hear that, do you play with any mods, perhaps that could be causing it. I play a mod and cc free game.
    Millie9999 wrote: »
    Hi, I did what the tutorial said and the household that I put as unplayed still doesn't come up to hire, I don't know if it's because they're already at level 10 at cooking etc, but they won't show, does anyone know if this is the reason why??

Hi, they need to be not in the world for best results, so give that a try and get back to me, sorry for the late reply, I don't always get notifications.
    Thank you! :)

Its a pleasure, happy simming :)
    Zulf_12 wrote: »
    it's work and I enjoy with played employee, thank you for this nice tutorial :smiley:

Its a pleasure, happy simming :)
    I have done this SO many times, and the game constantly regenerates new npcs as options for employees. I have deleted every new batch of npcs and it doesn't work. I can never get the sim I want as an option for the position I want them in

I am so sorry to hear that. Do you have any mods? I don't know whay this works for some and not for others, wish I could help you all.
    Madzelia wrote: »
    doesnt work, it just regens back more townies...

So sorry, it works for a lot but seems to not work for some, do you have any mods? I have no idea why it would do that, so sorry
    I'm only just seeing this now! It's helpful. Thank you!

Its a pleasure Cinderellimouse, hope you are well, have not seen you in ages, saw you more on twitter LOL
    Wonderful, Thank you very much for this thread, I am sure it will help out greatly, much appreciated, Happy Holidays & Simming to Everyone.

Thankyou so much, the same back at you, happy simming :)
    thank you for the tutorial @mcrudd ! it will be fun :)

I really hope it works for you, happy simming :)
  • Options
    Shy_shylah010Shy_shylah010 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can u then add them to your family after or not??
  • Options
    Can u then add them to your family after or not??

No unfortuanatly you can't. As soon as they become a playable sim it does not work anymore, they have to remain not in this world and unplayable ;)
  • Options
    StyleZ234StyleZ234 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks.

Last week I was creating my restaurant and the game gave me kind of ugly sims to choose from. Now we can create our very own and unique staff.
  • Options
    AddieOliviaAddieOlivia Posts: 29 New Member
    This is actually really great! I wanted to know how to do this because I wanted my best friend to be my chef because shes really good. Previously I had to hire people and then fire them to cycle out people and that made a lot of enemies.
  • Options
    corruptearthcorruptearth Posts: 5 New Member
    Its not really just the not in world sims though... Its sims that are Unemployed. In world or not actually does not matter. I have Caleb Vatore one of the people (Vampires) from Forgotten Hollows as a diner employee. I accidentally played his household once but when i went back and noticed he was removed from the diner, so i went back into management and found him and added him back again. Its still considered a played household but as long as i dont enter the house again, he wont be removed yet again. He was unemployed before i added him. one of my best waiters now as he has vampire movement (Super Speed, Fly as bat, or Mist) Oh and i have Nina (Unemployed) one of the default npcs from the other towns as a cook.
  • Options
    Dorisimz11Dorisimz11 Posts: 1 New Member
    Do I also have to make my own customers??
  • Options
    StyleZ234 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Last week I was creating my restaurant and the game gave me kind of ugly sims to choose from. Now we can create our very own and unique staff.

You are welcome, happy simming :)
    This is actually really great! I wanted to know how to do this because I wanted my best friend to be my chef because shes really good. Previously I had to hire people and then fire them to cycle out people and that made a lot of enemies.

Glad that this helped you, happy simming :)
    Its not really just the not in world sims though... Its sims that are Unemployed. In world or not actually does not matter. I have Caleb Vatore one of the people (Vampires) from Forgotten Hollows as a diner employee. I accidentally played his household once but when i went back and noticed he was removed from the diner, so i went back into management and found him and added him back again. Its still considered a played household but as long as i dont enter the house again, he wont be removed yet again. He was unemployed before i added him. one of my best waiters now as he has vampire movement (Super Speed, Fly as bat, or Mist) Oh and i have Nina (Unemployed) one of the default npcs from the other towns as a cook.

Thanks for that tip, others will see it and if they wish to use unplayed sims they are welcome to try. Happy simming :)
    Dorisimz11 wrote: »
    Do I also have to make my own customers??

Hi there, the game will generate your customers for you, happy simming :)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Simply brilliant :)

I have been using MCCC to edit the employees that the game gave me. Your way allows me to create dedicated sims and I enjoy creating sims from scratch much more than modifying them and no cheats!...win, win :)

Thank you.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file