Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Simply brilliant :)

I have been using MCCC to edit the employees that the game gave me. Your way allows me to create dedicated sims and I enjoy creating sims from scratch much more than modifying them and no cheats!...win, win :)

Thank you.

Its a huge pleasure, happy simming :)
  • Options
    crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    I was wondering something. Is it possible to run it from home. Like you own it and it just runs itself. Or do you not make anything if you don't have one of your sims at it
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    crua9 wrote: »
    I was wondering something. Is it possible to run it from home. Like you own it and it just runs itself. Or do you not make anything if you don't have one of your sims at it

Your ownerSim/Family Member has to be there to make money.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Still love this tut
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    @mcrudd Just a question someone might have asked before me:

I usually edit all my NPCs or delete or create new, but every time I play on a household the ones that I've created disappear and get replaced by the same bad-looking NPCs. Do you have this issue as well? I love the tutorial but I'm not sure if this would work in my game.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • Options
    crua9 wrote: »

I have never tried sorry, you could try to go there open it and leave and then come back and close it, who knows, might work. I do prefer to let my sim manage staff though by prioritizing tables and so on :)
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

Your ownerSim/Family Member has to be there to make money.
    Thank you I was not sure @crua9 rather take this advice ;)
    Romire wrote: »
    Still love this tut

Thanks @Romire :)

psykt wrote: »
    @mcrudd Just a question someone might have asked before me:

I usually edit all my NPCs or delete or create new, but every time I play on a household the ones that I've created disappear and get replaced by the same bad-looking NPCs. Do you have this issue as well? I love the tutorial but I'm not sure if this would work in my game.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but what I can confirm is once you play the workers they lose their jobs. That is why I say to keep them in the not in world sims. Its a safer way to make sure they stay put :)
  • Options
    chappie17chappie17 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm sorry this might be really dumb of me..but I don't understand the import the worker aims part?
  • Options
    chappie17chappie17 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="chappie17;c-16066902"]I'm sorry this might be really dumb of me..but I don't understand the import the worker aims part? [/quote]

*sims
  • Options
    JodieRivetJodieRivet Posts: 4 New Member
    What happens to all the people you delete? Will they all leave the world? You still need customers. :-) Still need people to interact with.
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    Very nice! Should try to make a restuarant again ahah
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Could you do this and then move the sim into a home?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

No, as soon as you make the sim playable they will no longer work for you or be available in the list, sorry
  • Options
    chappie17 wrote: »
    I'm sorry this might be really dumb of me..but I don't understand the import the worker aims part?

I am not sure what you mean here, could you explain a bit better, perhaps go to page one and write the number step down you don't understand ;)
    JodieRivet wrote: »
    What happens to all the people you delete? Will they all leave the world? You still need customers. :-) Still need people to interact with.

The game will always regenerate new sims, you will never run out of sims :)
    cedesdc wrote: »
    Very nice! Should try to make a restuarant again ahah

I myself is re exploring the game again and a restaurant is not too far off my list of things to do :)
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

No, as soon as you make the sim playable they will no longer work for you or be available in the list, sorry

Thats weird. Oh well.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Thats weird. Oh well.
    Yeah we all hope that it will be fixed some day so we can play them and they work for us ;)

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It would be so nice if our sims could work in our community lots without this workaround
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is really useful! I might use this one day! Thanks!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    > @aprilrose said:
    > It would be so nice if our sims could work in our community lots without this workaround

I totally agree. I don't like the idea of a sim I created just roaming the world with no place to go yet they have this (hopefully) awesome job. Let's hope this gets patched in a future update alongside some general part-time jobs for adults.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    11/10 Best guide ever!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    It would be so nice if our sims could work in our community lots without this workaround

It would be so AweSim, would love if that is updated in the future.
    This is really useful! I might use this one day! Thanks!

Thank you so much, happy simming :)
    Bobisbae wrote: »

I totally agree. I don't like the idea of a sim I created just roaming the world with no place to go yet they have this (hopefully) awesome job. Let's hope this gets patched in a future update alongside some general part-time jobs for adults.

Yip I agree, it would be super cool if added :)

Romire wrote: »
    11/10 Best guide ever!

Wow, thanks so much :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    @mcrudd yep, yep, yep, I sure did. Lol. Idk, I'm leaving it alone for now. I'll try to play around with it another time. Thanks for the help, tho :smiley:
    Could it be that waitresses have certain traits? Check the traits of ones that show up as waitress, get rid of them and then make your waitress with those traits..... I have no idea if it will work, but it might.
  • Options
    J2TrumpetJ2Trumpet Posts: 3 New Member
    @mcrudd I don't think this trick is working anymore. The sims I get as options include ones living in homes.
  • Options
    J2Trumpet wrote: »
    @mcrudd I don't think this trick is working anymore. The sims I get as options include ones living in homes.

Oh no, is that ones living in homes that is not actively being played with, perhaps that has been added in a patch that I was not aware of ?
  • Options
    J2TrumpetJ2Trumpet Posts: 3 New Member
    > @mcrudd said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Oh no, is that ones living in homes that is not actively being played with, perhaps that has been added in a patch that I was not aware of ?

Correct. These are sims that are in homes (haven't checked apartments) and have not been played.

And for reference, I have all the expansion packs, some game/stuff packs, and I do use CC.
  • Options
    J2Trumpet wrote: »
    Correct. These are sims that are in homes (haven't checked apartments) and have not been played.

And for reference, I have all the expansion packs, some game/stuff packs, and I do use CC.

mmm well I have not played with the restaurants in a while, but I will give it a quick go tomorrow and see what comes up if I do my tutorial, perhaps its a patch that changed things or could be a cc thing since I play vanilla. We will figure it out, sorry you getting all those options and not the ones you want ;) I will see what I can do :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top