Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2020
    @J2Trumpet I have found the change that caused your error in having other households. Its the new dual system we have now, where we have"my households" then "other households" as an option in manage households, you will have to click on the other household tab for not in world now as well, and delete those ones, just be super careful as Father Winter and some other essential npc's are in that category. I deleted the whole lot just to test it and it worked, if I deleted them they did not show up in the manage workers option at the restaurant. I hope this helps you, I will edit that part of my tutorial for future users as well ;) Thanks for letting me know of this change and happy simming :)

qYk2069.png
  • Options
    StudzKBStudzKB Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="Sweet_Italy;c-14898229"]Idk if I've gotta bug, but I need 1 more waiter to hire in Bob's Pancake house, and no matter what I do, she won't show up for hire as a waiter, she shows up for chef and host every time, but NEVER for waiter. I've put her in her own household, as played but not in world, as unplayed and not in world, in a larger household as played and not in world, unplayed but not in world.... Deleted all other not in world sims, but the game automatically generates a handful of new unplayed sims to choose from.... Is there a cheat I can use to get her hired? Ive also tried hiring her as a chef then firing her.,.. Ugh, it's infuriating!!![/quote]

So the problem with the waiters and waitresses is that the game is made to where they only allow randomly generated sims to work as that position for some reason. My sims only show as options for Chefs and Hostesses not as waitresses. Literally tried everything except fully editing a sim in cas, just because it takes forever to make the sim exactly like the sim I wanted. The game just generates new sims as options for waiters and waitresses .
  • Options
    JConstantinouJConstantinou Posts: 1 New Member
    Slightly reviving this - is it possible for me to give the created sims the maximum level skill before hiring them? I’ve given them max skills and when I go to hire them it appears to downgrade them for some reason....
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Slightly reviving this - is it possible for me to give the created sims the maximum level skill before hiring them? I’ve given them max skills and when I go to hire them it appears to downgrade them for some reason....

No you can't give the actual job skills, but I have found that if a sim is maxed in the cooking skills and mixology, logic and so on then they do tend to level up much quicker with the job skill levels :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top