Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    I'd also like to state that my employees were originally all random townies until I made the household.

Wasn't a big deal to edit them a bit. 2 of them are elders and well, they are very young now. Even touched up the traits

That is also very clever. I tend to forget about fulledit cas that is available. I seem to be very lucky at getting my sims, I feel sorry for those who are not that lucky.
    This did not work for me. Only 2 out of the 8 showed and when i delete the that are not in world the game just makes some more. :(

I am sorry you are battling. I can just advice that you have your manager at the restaurant and then go to manage worlds, delete all the townies and go straight back to the restaurant, hope that works for you.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Aha! I found out why I couldn't hire him! He was still employed in his chef career! Once I had him go quit work and then moved him back out of a lot, he was available to hire as chef. Thank goodness!

So that may be another thing to consider. They have to be unemployed in order to be hired as staff at a restaurant.

Yay I am so glad you came right. I will add that to the first page, thank you very much for letting us know how you got it to work :)
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    I figured if I was going to go through all the trouble of saving them from the culling, I might as well make them worthy of my world
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    I figured if I was going to go through all the trouble of saving them from the culling, I might as well make them worthy of my world

LOL aweSim :)
  • Options
    Mindy0414Mindy0414 Posts: 7 New Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Quick question. I plan on doing this after I skill up some of my sims to a decent level. Does the game restrict what level you can hire? Or no?

Thanks!

No it does not. You just have to keep on promoting them. I used fully skilled sims the first time. I got a 5 star in no time. I am using unskilled sims now and its taking a bit longer.

I created my sims, and they were maxed out on all the skills needed for all 3 restaurant jobs, but they do not have that skill level when I hire them :(
  • Options

LOL I agree :)
    Mindy0414 wrote: »

I created my sims, and they were maxed out on all the skills needed for all 3 restaurant jobs, but they do not have that skill level when I hire them :(

They will skill up faster than a normal sim would, you just need to sent them to training and promote them, you will see how fast it all goes up, much faster than an unskilled sim. Give it a go and let me know :)

• Options
    Mindy0414Mindy0414 Posts: 7 New Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

LOL I agree :)

They will skill up faster than a normal sim would, you just need to sent them to training and promote them, you will see how fast it all goes up, much faster than an unskilled sim. Give it a go and let me know :)

I just realized this, I have not trained them at all and after several shifts they are almost full already. :D
  • Options

I just realized this, I have not trained them at all and after several shifts they are almost full already. :D

Yay glad you saw that. They skill up much faster than the average joe with no skills. Happy simmning :)

• Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    So basicly, as long as I do not touch them they will stay in their careers? Pondering if it would be worth the effort to actually do this for NPC run resturants as well in a brand new world that I use as a master-save. But Nina Caliente and Eliza Pancakes gets in the way... :-D
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    This is partially working for me
    of the 4 sims my chef does not appear in the list even when I deleted all my npcs

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    So basicly, as long as I do not touch them they will stay in their careers? Pondering if it would be worth the effort to actually do this for NPC run resturants as well in a brand new world that I use as a master-save. But Nina Caliente and Eliza Pancakes gets in the way... :-D

Yes that is how it works for an owne restaurant, I have not yet tried it with a npc run one yet, but thinking it might be the same.
    KojiK wrote: »
    This is partially working for me
    of the 4 sims my chef does not appear in the list even when I deleted all my npcs

Yes, unfortuanatly there has been a couple of people reporting that, however some of them do get their staff after retrying and retrying, going into the restaurant, let the game generate new townies, then go back into manage world and delete then and keep on doing that until you get the option, its a pain but if you really want that sim its worth it. Hope you come right :)
  • Options
    AnigmarAnigmar Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, so I have to delete ALL NPCs from the world, right? If I do that won't the world be totally empty? I mean there families that come 'installed' in every household, even though I don't play them nor interact with them, they have to be removed. Isn't it possible to remove them, add my 'worker sims', employ them and then move the families back?
  • Options
    chireidenchireiden Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for this guide. But I believe there is a bug in this game. The npcs on my hire list isn't available on my "Unplayed Households/Not in World" lists, nor are they found anywhere else. Looks like I have to get around that using cheats, probably.
  • Options
    Anigmar wrote: »
    Ok, so I have to delete ALL NPCs from the world, right? If I do that won't the world be totally empty? I mean there families that come 'installed' in every household, even though I don't play them nor interact with them, they have to be removed. Isn't it possible to remove them, add my 'worker sims', employ them and then move the families back?

If you only delete the ones that are not in world then you will be ok, the game will generate new ones, the unplayed ones that are in the world should be left there. That is why I select the not in world tab ;)
    chireiden wrote: »
    Thank you for this guide. But I believe there is a bug in this game. The npcs on my hire list isn't available on my "Unplayed Households/Not in World" lists, nor are they found anywhere else. Looks like I have to get around that using cheats, probably.

Aww that does sound like a bug, have you tried to exit your game and then go back and click on not in world and have another look ;) Let me know if you come right.
  • Options
    chireidenchireiden Posts: 18 Member

Aww that does sound like a bug, have you tried to exit your game and then go back and click on not in world and have another look ;) Let me know if you come right.[/quote]

Yeah I did, and they showed up when two different families of sims opened their own restaurants on their to-be-hired lists. They can't be found on anyone's friend lists or in the Unplayed/Not In World bins. So what I did was basically used the 'testingcheats true' followed by 'cas.fulleditmode', open up my restaurant so these npcs can show up, then quickly close the restaurant and pause the game to right click them taking them to CAS. I won't delete them, now I just edit them as they appear. It gets tedious, but I don't go all-out on the editing which saves me time. I just pick the "styled" looks on all of them, make them as adults (because they are always elders for some reason), and that's it.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Yeah I did, and they showed up when two different families of sims opened their own restaurants on their to-be-hired lists. They can't be found on anyone's friend lists or in the Unplayed/Not In World bins. So what I did was basically used the 'testingcheats true' followed by 'cas.fulleditmode', open up my restaurant so these npcs can show up, then quickly close the restaurant and pause the game to right click them taking them to CAS. I won't delete them, now I just edit them as they appear. It gets tedious, but I don't go all-out on the editing which saves me time. I just pick the "styled" looks on all of them, make them as adults (because they are always elders for some reason), and that's it.

What a pitty that you have to go through all that hassle, I have also noted that a person gets a lot of elders for working, I prefer young adults myself as they won't die on me after I spent a lot of money on their training. Glad you managed to get some sort of a solution though

• Options
    VoghossVoghoss Posts: 3 New Member
    hey simmers,
    is there any cheat that allows us to run our restaurants in our own residential lot ??
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I think my waiter was in labor. She kept moaning and she peed right in front of my table. Of course then her hygiene was awful and she was all dirty and stinky. She left and I thought uh oh, now what. Then she came back with a mop and cleaned up her puddle of pee. She was a trooper and kept on working. I noticed she kept trying to get to the bathroom, but since it was so far away she never made it before she needed to get back to customers at a table. That is when I decided to delete restaurant and make one that is easier for workers to navigate. After I play with it more and learn all the recipes and how things work, I will build something that actually looks nice as well as functions efficiently.
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    Thank you for sharing this tutorial with visual detail! <3
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    Voghoss wrote: »
    hey simmers,
    is there any cheat that allows us to run our restaurants in our own residential lot ??
    Not that I am aware of, but you can build a home on your restaurant lot like above or below and it will work. Just lock the doors to only allow your sims to enter. I have an egsample here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890512/my-restaurant-home/p1

I think my waiter was in labor. She kept moaning and she peed right in front of my table. Of course then her hygiene was awful and she was all dirty and stinky. She left and I thought uh oh, now what. Then she came back with a mop and cleaned up her puddle of pee. She was a trooper and kept on working. I noticed she kept trying to get to the bathroom, but since it was so far away she never made it before she needed to get back to customers at a table. That is when I decided to delete restaurant and make one that is easier for workers to navigate. After I play with it more and learn all the recipes and how things work, I will build something that actually looks nice as well as functions efficiently.

Aww poor waiter, yes its nice if everything is neatly put together, not too far apart. I also have a restroom near the kitchen in my current play that is for employees only (locked that way) much better for them to quickly pop in and out without having to wait for customers ;)
    Adoriyah wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing this tutorial with visual detail! <3

Its a huge pleasure, sometimes seeing it just makes more sense ;)
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2016
    So is this primarily so the staff looks the way you want them to - skills not being a factor?

The reason I ask is I peeked at my hostess's personality and she is listed as mean, but she is like the best hostess ever?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Nectere wrote: »
    So is this primarily so the staff looks the way you want them to - skills not being a factor?

The reason I ask is I peeked at my hostess's personality and she is listed as mean, but she is like the best hostess ever?

It could be for looks, but I use it more for skills, if a sim has max skills they skill up faster in the restaurant without too much training. I am not sure how the traits work in this, the skills used for hosting is comedy and charisma so I think they rule over any traits :)
  • Options
    Im trying to find out if the experimental food that Sims learn stays with them when uploaded and downloaded from the gallery? Does anyone know?
  • Options
    mmm not sure, I can have a play around and see for you, I have a lot of fully skilled sims that will learn the new recipe's quickly. Give me a few minutes ingame, going in now :)
  • Options
    that would be awesome. They only have to learn a couple to test the theory, then I can download one and let you know?
  • Options
    Yip, so far she only knows 2 I think 3 will be better, I will upload her soon as testfood or something like that, so if it does not work I can remove it from the gallery, almost there

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top