Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Onej5SH.png

she knows these three, will upload her quickly so you can give it a try
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    awesome!
  • Options
    that will be quicker than me trying to do it lol. Im still trying to figure out how to get to the gallery using your link. Im sure the link is good, it's just me.
  • Options
    sorry, you could go in the community and look for mcrudd as creator and then newest, she will be first.

Does not seem to work in my game though, this is what happened.
    I got the option to cook it, where usually its grayed out with a new sim
    4zWAYOu.png

But when I clicked on it, it was empty
    J3sqcGg.png
  • Options
    well, now we know. Since the food pics are part of the collection system, that all gets reset when downloaded.
  • Options
    there was a door to the room? i couldnt see it in the pic? Just checking.
  • Options
    well, now we know. Since the food pics are part of the collection system, that all gets reset when downloaded.

mmm that gives me an idea, this might take a few human days though, but I am a room collection maker as you can see in my gallery LOL, I will let her learn all the dishes and take photos of them, then I will make a room of the photos and upload them seperate to the sim, then see if you download the photos and have them ingame whether it triggers the cooking them option, Perhaps drag the photo's into her inventory or something.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    there was a door to the room? i couldnt see it in the pic? Just checking.

Yip its the maxis room I just quickly grabbed in build mode

ps since this one does not work, I am removing her from the gallery ;)
  • Options
    too bad you cant learn to make something by looking at the pic? Um...you cant, can you? That would be awesome if you could.
  • Options
    That would be, I have learned and taken photo's of the first three now. I will keep on going, I need to do this room collection anyways. Will update this when I am done, might take a while though ;)
  • Options
    ok, so I have completed the collection and she can cook everything. I am going to save the room and her and try after downloading her to add the collection to her inventory and seeing what happens.

KHC7vzE.png

rv8NlZW.png
  • Options
    I have been saving the experimental meals that my sim makes that are impeccable. She has the Fresh Chef reward trait so the food never spoils. Do you think anyone might be interested in them? I could put them in the gallery?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Gah! This is not completely working for me to get the chef I want. Only a few of my sims ( not in world) show up to be hired and I've hired my waitress and host out of them but the one I want for chef is not showing up!

I've deleted every townie not in world to get him to show up but the game keeps generating new townies that show up in the chef spot. What do I do?

I bet this is something to do with game filters. Apparently there's something it wants for "chef" that's missing on your created sims.

I don't know about those, but I can tell you for Gardeners, it's an age thing. They HAVE to be either an Adult or Elder, or the game will NOT employ them in the NPC_Gardener position. Mine wouldn't, anyway.

My MC settings have elders and adults coming into my bin chances set as fairly unlikely. I have that weighted for more YA than the other 2 combined. Way more.

So, the game tried to follow my mod settings, but it ended up giving me 5 new YA folks with level 10 gardening, and finally one new adult guy who actually got the gardening job the others were all apparently "trying for." Interestingly enough, several of the pseudo-gardeners actually ended up working in restaurants for me. (Non owned, so far, this game.) I really don't have time this morning, but next chance I get, I'll look at my Chefs and see if I can spot anything they all have in common.

I know nothing of where to find these filters, or what to do with them, but plenty of people around here can probably say, "oh, that's this thing." Hopefully somebody with that kind of brilliance will give us a clue on what it might take to create a viable chef.
  • Options
    I have been saving the experimental meals that my sim makes that are impeccable. She has the Fresh Chef reward trait so the food never spoils. Do you think anyone might be interested in them? I could put them in the gallery?

That might be a good idea, some simmers would like that, just not sure how food transfers, have not tried food yet ;)

@egwarhammer I also think it could be that, cause all the sims I had up for hire had exactly the same maxed skills and completed aspirations so I had them all as an option in all three catagories.

• Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    I've deleted every sim that's in my way of hiring who i made for the job,
    As you shown above, in the "not in world" section.
    However,
    I have 3 sims that keep coming up when looking for new employees. I want to delete them, but they are no where to be found TO delete them.
    Is there something that i'm over looking or missing?
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    Adoriyah wrote: »
    I've deleted every sim that's in my way of hiring who i made for the job,
    As you shown above, in the "not in world" section.
    However,
    I have 3 sims that keep coming up when looking for new employees. I want to delete them, but they are no where to be found TO delete them.
    Is there something that i'm over looking or missing?

They might be played and not in world, have you checked both the played and unplayed not in world sims ?
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thanks for the tutorial and the help. It was very useful.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    edited June 2016
    @fullspiral the sim you want as chef has some gourmet skill right?
    at first I made the mistake of thinking it was mixology and cooking they needed...
    Post edited by MarleyTheWizard on
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tutorial and the help. It was very useful.

Its a pleasure :)
    Marley V wrote: »
    @fullspiral the sim you want as chef has some gourmet skill right?
    at first I made the mistake of thinking it was mixology and cooking they needed...

Good catch Marley, I myself thought it was mixology and cooking :)
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Thank you for the tutorial, @mcrudd. I already had my Sim trained and he was in a household that wasn't played. So I skipped a few steps, evicted him (& the whole household). When I went to my restaurant's hiring employee choices--he was there. Like you said, though, he was only offered as a waitress or host position. After that, I did your next step--I went into the unplayed households catalog, and then deleted the majority of my unplayed Sims. (I even deleted the NPC's that were already hired as my hostesses & waitresses...oops!) It still turned out though. When I went back into my restaurant's hiring choices screen--my Sim was there still, but NOW offered as a Chef! Yay!!!! I was able to hire him as my 2nd chef--though he did lose all of his training & had to start over from the bottom. :( Also, as I had deleted all of my NPC's already hired, I had to repick new ones & start the training of them over again. So, some of this worked out, and a little didn't. I was able to follow your steps very easily. Thank you again! Much appreciated! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the tutorial, @mcrudd. I already had my Sim trained and he was in a household that wasn't played. So I skipped a few steps, evicted him (& the whole household). When I went to my restaurant's hiring employee choices--he was there. Like you said, though, he was only offered as a waitress or host position. After that, I did your next step--I went into the unplayed households catalog, and then deleted the majority of my unplayed Sims. (I even deleted the NPC's that were already hired as my hostesses & waitresses...oops!) It still turned out though. When I went back into my restaurant's hiring choices screen--my Sim was there still, but NOW offered as a Chef! Yay!!!! I was able to hire him as my 2nd chef--though he did lose all of his training & had to start over from the bottom. :( Also, as I had deleted all of my NPC's already hired, I had to repick new ones & start the training of them over again. So, some of this worked out, and a little didn't. I was able to follow your steps very easily. Thank you again! Much appreciated! :)

So glad it worked out for you, so sorry you had dissapointments along the way, hopefully next time it will be smoother to pick your own workers. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    I built a "cooking school", generic lot, that I am going to try and use as a base for a cooking club that will include all the chefs in my town. Haven't played yet, so don't know if it will work or help improve food quality, skills, etc. Crossing fingers. I will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited July 2016
    Quick plug, if you're trying to figure out what sim can do what, and you'll use mods, here's a "look at stuff" mod I am in LOVE with...

Show/Search Sim Info Mod
    by itasan2 Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2016 at 2:32 AM by itasan2

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576053

Extra bonus MC can't even work around... with SSI in, if you want to see info on a Chef, even while they're working, you can do it with this mod's Search by typing trait:chef ETA: career:chef (I think, I KNOW you can do it if you type in the sims last name, for sure)/edit... in the option box that comes up. Chef's pic will be in the results and you CAN look under their hood.

Here's a picture of the output when you click on either a sim or their picture in the relpanel and click the Show Sim Info button, or select them via search.

2lbl0ur.jpg
    Post edited by egwarhammer on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top