Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    (I hope this doesn't come off rude, or make me sound impatient about anything) but does anyone know when the next EP will come out? :P I'm probably on the wrong thread but I was just wondering. :)

2 or 3 months later probably.. we might get a gamepack this month though
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    We have multitasking that works in every other instance, like watching TV, eating, exercise, painting and so on. Why can't sims buy things while doing something else, and while in a group conversation, why can't they influence other sims to buy stuff as well? Employees can just join a conversation and simultaneously increase the buying bar thing of everyone in the group. Multitasking and group conversations are main features of the game, please incorporate them into these things.

Also, sims don't stay back to eat their food after buying them. There's simply no point in building anything other than a takeaway stand. It would also be nice if people can order their food while seated, since they don't use the cash register anyway.
  • Options
    Ceunon20Ceunon20 Posts: 9 New Member
    I"ll share my save files later because I'm not next to my computer right now. Before that I have to thank you for try fixing the employees system but it's not enough.

- Employees still do nothing.
    - We need more things for employees do. For example help bake, cook, play a music or make a comedy performance to entertain the costumers and take care of the bar. All these activities could give money too.
    - Costumers drink and eat in the retail.
    - Employees serving the food to the costumers.
  • Options
    INoVikINoVik Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I want to put a grocery store!!!
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    How you improve GTW's retail system?

1. Have a system that can charge you when you enter a room. Like Sims2 OFB, that way I can make a museum or other stuffs.
    2. The locking system on the door can only allow me only, allow family only, etc. There should be allow for staffs especially in stores, or better, you can choose those who are allowed to enter.
    3. I like the photography in Sims2, because you are allowed to control the camera. With Sims4, you are stuck with the eye of that Sim.
    4. The pose, make it work like Sims2. The pose in Sims4 is limited!
    5. Photobooth, make that a return!
    6. etc.
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    edited April 2016
    When I read this post, the first thing I thought of were the restaurants. Let's create the restaurants but check beforehand what isn't working properly, so the final result is of a high quality. But again, I've been wrong many times lol

I'll try to share my current save with you later @SimGuruDrake! Anything to improve the game further :)
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I started a thread a while back about this problem, and I think it fits in here...
    I created a pizza shop and everything in it works great, except for one thing; when I sell the pizzas, they do not generate any income when they are sold. I pay $25 a piece when I have the pizzas delivered to the pizza shop, but when people buy them, I get $0! I don't know if this is the case with other types of food being sold, but from what we were originally told when GTW first came out, we should be able to sell anything in a retail store.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @ehaught58 That's probably because the delivery charge is all you are paying for. Pizzas are available in debug for free (0 simoleons).
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @ehaught58 That's probably because the delivery charge is all you are paying for. Pizzas are available in debug for free (0 simoleons).

Yes, I tried that, but for some reason the pizzas from debug spoil very quickly... not sure if they generate any money if they can be sold before they spoil.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    tiago44tiago44 Posts: 8 New Member
    Just my opinion but we need an immersive more complete retail system:

- More functions to employees, in sims 2 we can make them build stuff for the store take care of a specific task.
    - The shopping bags, actual lines in the register, ok... its 2016 but man i like big lines and the sound of the cash register.
    - Home business.
    - The ability to put appliances and television in the shelves.
    - The AI of the sims in the store inst that good, if you have a big store they don't spread out they just stand in the place where the cheap stuff is and then go to the end of the store.
    - Bring back restaurants or at least a good experience with food, the sims order something then they go to the table to eat

Sims 4 is amazing i cant play sims 3 because of it but its getting to simplistic :(
  • Options
    ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruHouts @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruNinja

I haven't recently played with the retail system, so I am not able to provide the team with a save file, however there are some suggestions I would like the team to look into to improve the system.

The reason I am not using the retail system now is simply because I don't really enjoy it for the following reasons:

1. Crowding:
    I remember when I made a flower store, and all the customers always went together to the same shelf instead of spreading out throughout the store. It was very annoying and broke the immersion.

2. Dancing:
    I love to have some music playing in my store, but unfortunately, when I do that, customers rather start dancing and not shopping. It would be awesome to disable autonomous dancing for customers, because it's not contributing to the retail system.

3. Checkouts:
    I do understand that we're living in a pretty modern society, but the Tablet checkout is causing more stress than it does good. It's almost impossible without mods to checkout customers in time before they get angry and leave. It makes the retail system feel like a mini game where you have to quickly send your sims to checkout customers. It's just annoying, even more when you have a lot of customers that want to buy stuff all at the same time.

I would love to see the normal register checkout again. We have the register in game, and I would love to just have my employee tending the register so customers will go to the register(s) instead of the tablet mini game.

Like someone already said: It would be nice to just keep the tablet checkout for when lines in front of the registers get too big, so you can control that aspect a bit (if you want to).

4. Less Slacking:
    When the team 'fixed' the retail employees, they still are slacking quite often. It's no fun. I do understand that the team decided to make it so the player becomes more involved with the game instead of just sit back and watch, but I would love to see the slacking rate decrease significantly.

5. Self employment:
    Like other people mentioned also, when your Sim, or family, is owning a store, they are still ''unemployed'' according to the game. That's a bit odd, because running a store should have been another ''Active career'', so they should show so in the Sim information.

6. Home Businesses:
    Having a retail district is fun and all, but I think, with the progression of the game when it comes to more EP's /GP's and SP's, more lots are required. The fact we have to purchase a seperate lot in order to have our own business is only taking up extra space, and should be optional instead of mandatory. I would love to see the home business making a return, so our Sims can take care of family business while they work at home.

In it's current situation it is very hard to control other Sims in your household, because you have to switch control over to them all the time when you want to do something with them. Having a home business can fix this issue.

I think I pretty much covered it all, but if there are any additional things, I will update this post.

Thank you for looking into the retail part, I, and probably a lot of other Simmers, appreciate that, since Open For Business was a big favorite of many Sims fans, and we were really excited to see it return in the Sims 4.

This is just awesome! Could not agree with you more! @SimGuruDrake I hope that you are listening ;)
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I just started playing the retail system recently, opening a bakery for the Landgraab family. Though I would love to have a store selling harvested fruits/veggies from my gardening sims, but I think it needs improvement before I can do it. I will send my file over tonight.

Here are some improvements I would love to see:
    1. Be able to choose anyone in the world as my employee. My sim wants to hire her friend as her employee, but no matter what I do, I could only pick one of the 6 in the list.
    2. When selling harvested goods, it would be nice to have them displayed in a container or fruit basket (like the ones in the supermarkets) instead of just laying flat on the countertop.
    3. Be able to set up a store at home, like OFB
    4. Be able to craft bouquets with the flowers we harvested. At this point flowers are kind of useless in the game.
    5. Be able to garden in the retail lot. I just found out that I couldn't plant anything in the retail lot.
    6. Someone mentioned photo booth above. This is probably not related to retail, but I would love to see the ability to hire a photographer for the photo booth, either at home or at the community lot. I sent my newly wed sims over to the photo booth, only to find out that they need someone to take photo for them. And yes, it would be nice to be able to take a family portrait (mixed with children and adults) and not just limited to 2 sims and age at a time.
  • Options
    SimGuruMegsSimGuruMegs Posts: 242 SimGuru
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    I will try and remember to do this when I get home, but if you want to improve retail then no more tablets. Make registers fully functional, have customers ready to make a purchase line up at them and let an employee be assigned to man the register. No getting rung up all over the store.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    So just performance boosting, no new features?
    Oh...Well rippy dippy to most of the great ideas here ;__;
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Zagadoo...
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'll try and find my save file for retail. There are so many wonderful ideas in the Get to Work thread how to improve the retail system. Let's bring retail back to the immersive Sims 2 days.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

@SimGuruMegs Still appreciating the effort. When I am back to 110%...or at least 90%, I do have a sim with a wedding shop that I can try to run. Best of luck ironing out the wrinkles and swatting the bugs.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Well there went the little hope I had left... :'(

I don't really play retail, since it's such a mess, sorry.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Well there went the little hope I had left... :'(

I don't really play retail, since it's such a mess, sorry.

I wouldn't be too discouraged. Performance improvement and bug-squashing are big steps that can lead into newer things once the coding is a bit more stabilized. For now, let's at least help them help with these. Might even help some bigger bugs that might be affecting other parts of the game, you never know. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Improve performance in what way exactly? Are you changing the way retail works or just making it run smoother?
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    My Simself's bakery retail save has been sent! Thanks gurus :)
  • Options
    ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member

Improve performance in what way exactly? Are you changing the way retail works or just making it run smoother?

I think what she meant is just making it run smoother..
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

Back to OFB then.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Providing I've zipped up the files correctly, then this zip should contain the files for my save that contains a garden themed store that I was in the process of closing down, and a bookstore that I am in the process of setting up.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=766D3134405E0A6F!821&amp;authkey=!AHPlRwcqN8ehSkg&amp;ithint=file,zip

If all you're doing with this info is tweaking performance then could you PLEASE at least make Sims choose an item to purchase before they start getting interested instead of having them look at the first item they get to and then wander off to something completely different and have to chase them down? This also causes a lot of crowding.
    In an ideal world I would love the retail system from TS2 OFB but that obviously isn't going to change now.

On a side note, is it normal for Sim-written books to change cover design when placed on display? Some do and some don't. I've noticed poetry and romance novels doing it at the moment.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top