Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How would you even start to look for a file? all the Folders are basically everything crammed into 1, to many items in the Tray folder and all the others, Everything needs to have their own folder just like the rest of the Sim games did, the folder's are a HUGE mess in the Sims 4.

In Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves, look for the most recent file ending .save that isn't numbered 00000001. The #1 one is the autosave; whatever your other most recent one is your current actual save.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Okay thanks for the info, much appreciated.
  • spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    Make it like The Sims 2 Open for Business and that's it. Bye.

^-- THIS! I was going to write this, but you beat me to it.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    make it so that if or sims hires employes that they actualy work and add the option for or sims to be able to run a home business like in the sims2 will have a savegame uploaded for you later tonight via pm @SimGuruDrake
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I haven't played my retail lot recently, as it's not fun for me when it takes such a long time to ring up a customer, and the employees do not follow instructions.
    What would be nice is if the retail lot owner's career would display as a business owner and not unemployed. My sim would be working at her store and then get sad because she didn't have a job, which was false.
    Also to be able to assign a store manager so the store could run properly while the retail owner is away from it.
    Also it would be nice to have the Ticket generator device from Sims 2, so a sim could make money running a spa, gym, cafe etc.
    Thanks!
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    > @bythedreadwolf said:
    > I wouldn't get too excited guys. If they are asking for save files and not for what we want to see fixed/improved then it's because they are looking to tweak small things that are already in the game and not add new things like working cash registers, home business, etc. Which is sad, but oh well.

Saves files can actually say a lot and I think adding home businesses could happen. If when they are looking through your save file they see that you have set up your sim's business as their second home that could tells them that you would like to be able to run a home business.

As for registers actually working as registers I don't think that would be difficult at all. Sims already can use the register and have animations for them the problem is that the interactions are only for when employees are clocking into work and for when your sim opens/closes the shop via interactions and not UI. I think all they would really need to do is add in the ability to use the register to ring up customers, tweek animation already in game so looks more like ringing up a customer and make the slablet ring up into a perk.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Sadly I played with the retail a little bit but not sure which file has the retail on it because there are a million saved files XD. I play the game and then get bored and try something different. If there is a way to tell which it is, I would be happy to send it over, as I did a clothing shop and cupcake shop.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i miss home business to be honest. i loved makinglike a little shop and have the apartment on top or the house in the back of the shop ;v;
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    (I hope this doesn't come off rude, or make me sound impatient about anything) but does anyone know when the next EP will come out? :P I'm probably on the wrong thread but I was just wondering. :)
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruHouts @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruNinja

I haven't recently played with the retail system, so I am not able to provide the team with a save file, however there are some suggestions I would like the team to look into to improve the system.

The reason I am not using the retail system now is simply because I don't really enjoy it for the following reasons:

1. Crowding:
    I remember when I made a flower store, and all the customers always went together to the same shelf instead of spreading out throughout the store. It was very annoying and broke the immersion.

2. Dancing:
    I love to have some music playing in my store, but unfortunately, when I do that, customers rather start dancing and not shopping. It would be awesome to disable autonomous dancing for customers, because it's not contributing to the retail system.

3. Checkouts:
    I do understand that we're living in a pretty modern society, but the Tablet checkout is causing more stress than it does good. It's almost impossible without mods to checkout customers in time before they get angry and leave. It makes the retail system feel like a mini game where you have to quickly send your sims to checkout customers. It's just annoying, even more when you have a lot of customers that want to buy stuff all at the same time.

I would love to see the normal register checkout again. We have the register in game, and I would love to just have my employee tending the register so customers will go to the register(s) instead of the tablet mini game.

Like someone already said: It would be nice to just keep the tablet checkout for when lines in front of the registers get too big, so you can control that aspect a bit (if you want to).

4. Less Slacking:
    When the team 'fixed' the retail employees, they still are slacking quite often. It's no fun. I do understand that the team decided to make it so the player becomes more involved with the game instead of just sit back and watch, but I would love to see the slacking rate decrease significantly.

5. Self employment:
    Like other people mentioned also, when your Sim, or family, is owning a store, they are still ''unemployed'' according to the game. That's a bit odd, because running a store should have been another ''Active career'', so they should show so in the Sim information.

6. Home Businesses:
    Having a retail district is fun and all, but I think, with the progression of the game when it comes to more EP's /GP's and SP's, more lots are required. The fact we have to purchase a seperate lot in order to have our own business is only taking up extra space, and should be optional instead of mandatory. I would love to see the home business making a return, so our Sims can take care of family business while they work at home.

In it's current situation it is very hard to control other Sims in your household, because you have to switch control over to them all the time when you want to do something with them. Having a home business can fix this issue.

I think I pretty much covered it all, but if there are any additional things, I will update this post.

Thank you for looking into the retail part, I, and probably a lot of other Simmers, appreciate that, since Open For Business was a big favorite of many Sims fans, and we were really excited to see it return in the Sims 4.

These all of it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I normally create shops and cafes to download to the gallery, but I play test my builds before uploading them. My builds fit on a 20x15 lot so they are never very big and when I play as owner, I don't have any problems (other than tweeking my build). However, when I sell it to be run by NPCs and visit as a customer, the shop employees (usually there are 3) stand around chit chatting and some customers get angry and leave. It seems as if one employee works and the others work when they feel like it (a little too real life). It would be nice to "work at home" like in S2 with a home shop. I loved making an junktique store in Bess Ambersomes house. She needed to earn a little extra money to send to her grand daughter, Cindy, at college. I would love to recreate them in S4.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yas girl finally :D i would totally like to see more features from the sims 2 being implemented into the game as well as the sims 3 ambitions that's would be great :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    i haven't played that much with my retail save, some of the following points were the reason i stopped playing.

please free businesses from extra lots and make it possible for me to live at my retail store full time (with family and kids!) or to have a homebusiness. i hate switching between lots and leaving sims behind, so i will never have a retail store for a non-single sim, until i can have it at my home lot.

oh and where do retail perks go once you buy them? as i said, i never played that much retail, but what i never found was a list of all my already bought perks?

and ringing up customers takes WAY too long, and they should do it at the cash register and sims should line up properly.

AND employees need to be better programmed, they really never work.

AAAAND there need to be more options to talk to customers, 5 options just doesn't cut it. also: more perks (and a way to see which perks you have!)
    simming on through.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    @SimGuruDrake I'd love to help but I have a question: I have some mods installed (including some script mods and the MCCommand Center). None of them affect the retail system though. Are my saves still good for your purposes?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I miss the clothes racks and having to actually buy clothes to keep in the closet or dresssors. It would be fun to have to buy The jewelry and shoes as well.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The Photography shop is pointless as most people go to a photography studio for "FAMILY" portraits and GTW's photography store does not do family portraits so that needs fixed. Meaning the whole family from infant to all siblings and the parents at the very least.

GTW came with a lot of model makeup, and model poses for single sims. While it's friendly poses for two Sims. It seems the main focus was for modelling.

I'm sure family portraits will come with a family pack.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Thank goodness the developers are looking to fix up retail. It so badly needs improvement.

If possible, I hope to see less of a reliance on checklists with the other GTW careers.
  • LeonBenkovicEALeonBenkovicEA Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > LeonBenkovicEA wrote: »
    >
    > > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > > Hello everyone!
    > >
    > > I’ve got a bit something a bit different for you today :)
    > >
    > > The team is constantly looking at ways they can improve the game and one of the items we are currently looking at is the retail system. We are interested in getting save files from those of you that have used retail for any length of time (as long as you’ve played with it even for a little bit it would help). Your save files will be helpful to allow us to make your gaming experience better.
    > >
    > > If you’d like to provide us with a file feel free to respond with a download link here or you can send the link via PM :)
    > >
    > > Happy Simming!
    >
    > I apparently don't have the permission to PM you. can I send you the link elsewhere maybe a twitter DM? Thanks! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try sending me a PM on the forums now :)

Nope. Still have a permission problem :/
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I'm a bit stupid but how do I send a link to my game save to you? I am more than happy to share my information. I currently run a bakery which will soon be passed down to my next heir after my current baker passes. I am happy you are looking at the retail as there are a few problems that I find make my bakery more stressful than enjoyable.

The checkout system is terrible and my employed sim is just about useless although her stats are high. For instance, I can't rely on her to ring up customers, she just doesn't do it. All she's good for is cleaning, which at least she gets done. I have to make sure I have at least 2 of my household sims at the bakery to make sure it runs smoothly. One for cooking and one for serving and ringing up customers. If I am able to send over my file you will notice I have added the cafe bar even though I have to hire a barista. I would of loved to be able to make the money on the service and for sims to actually use this. Many bakeries in the UK offer this service where you can sit in, order coffee and cake or take away I would of loved my business to reflect more on real life bakeries.

I would of loved to have my bakery as part of my house rather than a separate lot but I have accepted this will probably never happen.
  • alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    I wish people could use the the retail for like actual cafe's instead of just buying the food and doing nothing with it! I loved how they could sit and eat the food they purchased previously.
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I agree with pretty much all of the above - especially distracted/slow employees who literally do nothing even when trained. I've found that the best way to run a store is to have several family members help out, that way I don't actually have to pay for additional "help." And I also agree that checkout takes far too long. But as a whole, the retail aspect is very fun and brings good variety to the game. I'll see if I can hunt down a save later tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top