Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I would just like to see the retail fleshed out a bit more, which wouldn't include adding new content. Surely making the till work properly and having queues wouldn't be classed as "new" as the till is already in game? I really do hate the tablets.. And being able to set prices set per item rather than all entire items that are for sale in the shop. Things like that I'd like to see improved. Whilst I do enjoy it now, I think I would get a lot more enjoyment out of it and a whole lot more play out of retail than what I do now if it gets fleshed out and the system is improved some.
  • Options
    Apple9Apple9 Posts: 45 Member
    I don't use the photo booth for my retail stores I use it for taking family photos
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    In TS2 every household had a business either a home business or a retail business.
    In this game I have 33 families and none have a retail business. Why?

Because the retail in this game is so bad and so half baked beyond imagination. Playing retail in this game actually makes me hate The Sims 4 so I stopped playing the retail part. I don't think there is any remedy now to correct how bad the retail is. They need to scrap it fully and work on it from scratch.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Borkowskikacper1Borkowskikacper1 Posts: 4 New Member
    You (EA) ask us, to give you our saves in order to help to develop The Sims. That's a good idea, really great! But I don't understand something in your policy. When we express our negative opinions about The Sims 4 to show you, which aspects of the game should be improved, you don't listen to us! You don't care about our opinions, the only thing you care for, is money! If you really want to develop this game, listen to our criticism! Many people don't want to buy extensions anymore, which introduce nothing and are too expensive! You want to see good elaborated expansion packs? Look at The Sims 2 and every game, that you worked on... THOSE were a good games, THAT was, what we expected and THAT was "carrying to players", not this, what you are doing now!
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    You (EA) ask us, to give you our saves in order to help to develop The Sims. That's a good idea, really great! But I don't understand something in your policy. When we express our negative opinions about The Sims 4 to show you, which aspects of the game should be improved, you don't listen to us! You don't care about our opinions, the only thing you care for, is money! If you really want to develop this game, listen to our criticism! Many people don't want to buy extensions anymore, which introduce nothing and are too expensive! You want to see good elaborated expansion packs? Look at The Sims 2 and every game, that you worked on... THOSE were a good games, THAT was, what we expected and THAT was "carrying to players", not this, what you are doing now!

yes we wanna play The sims simulation game...just give us what we want. sesons,pets,and other we love how look the sims 4 that why we play and gameplay we love the sims2 r 3
  • Options

yes we wanna play The sims simulation game...just give us what we want. sesons,pets,and other we love how look the sims 4 that why we play and gameplay we love the sims2 r 3

how look and multitasking that you (EA) give us all we cant in sims 2 and 3 just with look,emotion and multitasking of sims 4 we well bee all happpyy
  • Options
    i hope you understand me. Just give us look,multitasking,emotion of The Sims4 and option of play the sims 2 r 3 and we well bee happy
  • Options
    No, I don't mean that you give us exactly what we want, like pets or seasons (but I assume, it would be finally great to announce some expansion pack), but make this game more realistic, adding the content which is present in the former generations! That's all I'm asking for, because for this moment, the game is really lame!!! --' :/
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    (I made my own topic for this but I decided I'd post it here as well, just in case the devs are checking here more often.)

I decided to install TS2 last week and have a sim own a restaurant/clothing shop, just to try and give some feedback here on how retail should work.

First: As I stated before the number of employees being gated behind perk points was a bad idea. I need to be able to hire at least 6 employees, right away. It doesn't make sense to not let me hire that many employees, does it work at EA? No, I'm sure they wouldn't be where they are with 3 employees. Get rid of gating employees behind perk points, it's not fun, interesting and it just makes the already bad situation with employees worse. I'd like to keep my business going from morning until night, 9am to 9pm, I'd like to have 2 shifts for this, with say 8 employees I can do this(not if they don't work though.)

Second: In TS2 you assigned your employees a task and they did what they were supposed to do. Right now, they're not doing jack and it doesn't make owning a retail shop "harder" it just makes it incredibly infuriating and rage sets in. I have 3 employees in one of my clothing stores. I have 2 assigned to making sales and one for checking a customers out. My 2 employees that are doing sales, they do them maybe half the time, most of the time they sit and chat and that's it, sometimes with each other, sometimes with customers. The girl I have assigned to check out, well she walks all over the place before getting to the customer and basically it's a 1 in 5 that I'll actually get her to get her job done before the customer just storms out. My sim has to do it all, make sales, check out customers, I mean by closing time, my sim is ready to just burn down her shop and I'm ready to turn my game off. Why do I even need to hire anyone at this point? My sim already does 3/4 of the work and then with something like my bakery I can't take my baking sim upstairs to bake more stuff to sale, she has to make sales and check out customers. I literally have had to make her an apartment upstairs, use cheats for her needs and bake during closing hours. I can't even take my sims home now to do normal everyday sim stuff like showering and using the toilet because I have to run a whole business almost by myself.

Third: In TS2, the game I just recently started, I decided to open a restaurant, own a clothing store and I just purchased a flower shop. I was able to hire 8 employees for each shop, assign a manager and I can hop over to each business and it is being run efficiently. I can't do that in TS4, I have to stay at one store all day because if I don't, it doesn't get run. I've brought my other sims into my retail shops just to see how it worked out when I wasn't playing my sim that owns the place and there is no one there running the place, it's just full of customers. Where is the sense of community in my game if I cannot hop on another sim and go visit a store owned by one of my other sims and interact with them? Why aren't there any employees there? How is the shop being run? In TS2, the employees, the owner, they're all there, I have to check out at a register when I purchase things, I interact with the sims working there. At the restaurant my sim has to be seated, she meets the hostess, she has to get her order taken, she meets the waiter, then low and behold the owner was the one that took the plate after my sim was done eating, I get to meet my very own sim with another one of my sims. There is an intertwining of sims lives in the game all through one simple system implemented, owning a business.

Right now with retail beyond the problems I've listed the biggest thing for me is that I can't create any type of meaningful stories for my sims through a system that is supposed to bring my sims lives together. I should be able to take one of my sims to a clothing store, interact with the employees and owner and build a relationship that way. My sim likes this certain clothing store so say she goes every Saturday morning, a relationship is able to form and build just around going to a place every Saturday morning. Right now, the owner isn't there, the employees aren't there, it's just customers and all I have to do is go click on an object and there it goes, that's the end of it, no reason to sit around at this place, no reason to interact with any other sims(especially since it's always the exact same sims in the shops.) It's shallow and it doesn't create anything except a little bit of game play from one part of the system, owning it.

In TS2 there was a reason beyond owning a business to have it in the game, like I mentioned it was interactive all the way around, not just from one play perspective. I could build relationships through a business, I could have my own sims be my business owning sims best customers. It had a sense of building a community in your game with interactions that go beyond meeting someone jogging around your neighborhood. Take the active career in GTW for example, ok it's fun to play an active career but once you're done with that sim or move onto playing another, that whole career and that whole thing just becomes irrelevant in your game. Why can't my sim go to the hospital when they are sick and have a chance to meet that Dr. that I play, to interact with my other sims in different ways, build relationships, maybe a future marriage.

The business owning feature is a great one but not if it's only done half way, not if it has no depth and only plays from one side. If you guys are going to bring back features like this I suggest not stripping the complete idea from the past but building upon it to give it your own new twist. Otherwise it's a good idea and a good feature turned into something boring and awful just for the sake of making it "new." It's not new, it's been done, at least do it right, use what worked and build from there. It should be Open For Business 2.0, not -0.2 because someone didn't want to build on what was already there and had some type of new idea(when it's not even a new idea) to make it completely different and bad.

How can this be fixed? I'm really not sure but addressing the things I've listed would be a good start. I don't hate this game but there is just this void in the game for me that I really hope can be addressed. I used the retail system because it was an easy way to break down that void and because I think it really does need some work. Overall I'd say the business owning part of this game could be made better and in doing that there could be a certain aspect of the game that opens up, which is new ways for our sims lives to come together.
  • Options
    I totally agre with you, Vagenius! :) It could be a good beginning but before The Sims 4 is still a long way to became "playable"... :/ This game has still a potential, but after what I see, I have an impression, that the creators have no idea, how to develop it! :/ Too bad :(
  • Options
    kanivarakanivara Posts: 41 Member
    I don't play the Retail aspect for the following reasons:

1) Employee tasks. I set them a task and what do they do? Stand around yammering. I don't even have the option of replacing them, because there are apparently only 6 people in the world that want a job.

2) Checkout time. It takes -forever- to check out a customer, and because my employees don't actually check anybody out like they're supposed to when I give them that task, I have to do it all myself.

3) Stocking/Restocking. This also takes forever!
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    @SimGuruDrake As I am currently having trouble with my inactive Sims (meaning the family members of the Sim whom I follow to the retail lot) either not going to work or whose Hunger and Bladder needs are not filled when they DO got to work, I am actually avoiding the Retail and Active Career systems in the game right now.

Still, when I was playing I found I missed creating an "At Home" business as I had done in Sims 2. With the Baking, Gardening and Herbalism skills combined with the new Spa items (massage table and chairs, yoga mats, etc.) I could think of numerous "small businesses" I could start from my Sim's home that could later be moved to a larger retail lot. If the programmers could add the ability to start a business from your home, that would be a wonderful addition, especially since lots are limited.

Additionally, it would be nice to have more lots in the game without evicting pre-generated characters or the ability to create our own neighborhoods. If you could, please consider a World Editor as one of the additional feature to be added to the game either as a Game or Expansion Pack. Thank you.
  • Options
    kanivarakanivara Posts: 41 Member
    > @Alorxico said:
    > @SimGuruDrake As I am currently having trouble with my inactive Sims (meaning the family members of the Sim whom I follow to the retail lot) either not going to work or whose Hunger and Bladder needs are not filled when they DO got to work, I am actually avoiding the Retail and Active Career systems in the game right now.
    >
    > Still, when I was playing I found I missed creating an "At Home" business as I had done in Sims 2. With the Baking, Gardening and Herbalism skills combined with the new Spa items (massage table and chairs, yoga mats, etc.) I could think of numerous "small businesses" I could start from my Sim's home that could later be moved to a larger retail lot. If the programmers could add the ability to start a business from your home, that would be a wonderful addition, especially since lots are limited.
    >
    > Additionally, it would be nice to have more lots in the game without evicting pre-generated characters or the ability to create our own neighborhoods. If you could, please consider a World Editor as one of the additional feature to be added to the game either as a Game or Expansion Pack. Thank you.

Oh gods, all this. That'd be awesome too!!
  • Options
    kanivara wrote: »
    I don't play the Retail aspect for the following reasons:

1) Employee tasks. I set them a task and what do they do? Stand around yammering. I don't even have the option of replacing them, because there are apparently only 6 people in the world that want a job.

2) Checkout time. It takes -forever- to check out a customer, and because my employees don't actually check anybody out like they're supposed to when I give them that task, I have to do it all myself.

3) Stocking/Restocking. This also takes forever!

i dont have that ishue..my employee when i give them tasks they do after finish if they have conversation with somebody r if they working something at that time.I always chek up on them and reed his r her answer,one of employee asingg task to clean up other to answer qestion off costumer,and my sim doing ring up r if my sim doing something then i tell one of my employee to ring up. At the end of working day i tell one of them to clean other to restock and alwed them to clock up early,Restocking it thouse takes forever bu with new perks its gething better.faster
    so i dont have complaings about that but i do not like becouse i dont have nothing to put my harvestables exept in refrigirator and i have klik on one by one fruit to set to sell.that is anoing and i cant hire models for may photo studio and pay them for that i make club of beautiful sims and they work as models.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Thank you everyone for providing your save files! It has been extremely helpful for the team :) I'm going to close this thread now as we have way more save files than we thought we would get.

For those of you who provided feedback for retail itself I will be splitting off your comments from this discussion and moving them into their own thread in our feedback section.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top