Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    How you improve GTW's retail system?

1. Have a system that can charge you when you enter a room. Like Sims2 OFB, that way I can make a museum or other stuffs.
    2. The locking system on the door can only allow me only, allow family only, etc. There should be allow for staffs especially in stores, or better, you can choose those who are allowed to enter.
    3. I like the photography in Sims2, because you are allowed to control the camera. With Sims4, you are stuck with the eye of that Sim.
    4. The pose, make it work like Sims2. The pose in Sims4 is limited!
    5. Photobooth, make that a return!
    6. etc.

You can already choose lock for employees only and you can also set locks for specific sims only.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ZuckerschockZuckerschock Posts: 28 Member
    Hi,
    @SimGuruDrake I would have a save file ready as well but have - as a new member - no option to PM you. Could you help me out? :)
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'd buy a GP with, for example Restaurants, that implement the requested changes from all the awesome feedback! I'm not expecting the changes to be free, and would love another EP that include more retail options. It could be included in a city EP as well as in a farming EP! I loved TS2 Open For Business and I loved running my own resort or restaurant in TS3!
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I dont see the point in asking for requests if nothing new will be added but just given small tweaks. It doesnt need tweaking, it needs serious improvement.
    giphy.gif

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    1) I think Employees should focus on their tasks more and I sometimes feel the length of purchasing is a little too long.
    2) Have the Cash Register as another way to sell items, make it a choice for players whether they'd like to use the Register or Phone or even both.
    3) Perhaps let Sims eat if within a Retail Store, similar to Bars and Cafes.
    4) If Customers go to a Store often enough, I think they should start giving tips :3

I don't expect them to turn the Retail System and Get To Work into Open For Business, this is a Pack that has been released for about a year and has had several Patches already, I don't think they're going to completely recreated the Retail System into a full Business System.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

Sigh. So all the feature requests / Improvements in gameplay are all for nothing?

This is exactly why this community is so upset all the time. We give you TONS of feedback on really every single aspect of the game, but the only things DEVS seem to do is just nothing.

For us, making the listed improvements, has a massive effect on the enjoyment of the game and gameplay. It's not about rewriting code stuff to improve performance, since that is NOT the problem! The problem is that, in it's current shape and form, the retail aspect is lacking! You aren't going to fix that with just rewriting code to improve performance, no, you need to look into adding more depth/features when it comes to gameplay..

Please, tell us why the developers don't seem to understand that... giving feedback is simply useless because it seems like it simply doesn't matter anyway.

And I don't care if the EP is out and it's a case closed. I paid for the expansion already, so it's fair to make requests.. we are paying customers after all, and the developers know, just like all of us here that The Sims series is all about customer loyalty.

Whilst I too am disappointed that they won't seem to be adding any features into an already released expansion, making improvements to performance isn't just 'nothing', people always go to that conclusion when they don't get what they want it seems :\ It's these kinds of comments that make me not surprised that the SimGurus may not want to communicate with the fan-base at times.

That is the problem for some people, just because you don't face the problems other Simmers do does not conclude it's not a problem. Whether it's lacking is obviously dependent on the player, however, I personally do agree and wish they'd add just a couple of new features at least, whether it's a usable cash register or Sims eating in the Retail Store. Remember that this Pack has been released for almost a year, either way, unless they think that sales for Get To Work will rise enough to get them back the profits they spent on improving it, I feel it's doubtful they'd do so, it's tough but it's business and ultimately I doubt EA would risk it.

We've seen feedback matter, I believe it was thanks to user feedback that we got some content in Get Together such as the Dancing Skill and allot of content through other Packs and Patches as well. Remember that Maxis can't listen and prioritize then grant every wish, whim and want for this game.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    I would like my sim to open a Photography studio... where they can actually have the occupation title of 'Photographer' and other sims can come in to the studio and ask for specific types of photos... family group photo, singular adult/child portraits, childrens group photo etc and then actually buy them at a cash register (I know you technically can, sort of) but actually take home photos of them and not just random sims.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Unfortunately I don't have a save.. I don't play a retail since GTW came out... the fact that you can't have a shop in the home lot really killed my excitement for the EP. I know I can set up an apartment in the retail lot, but it's a waste of space and things gets complicated when you have a child and worse if it's a baby. I don't understand why is like this, wen the shop is closed it's basically a normal home lot.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2016
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

Sigh. So all the feature requests / Improvements in gameplay are all for nothing?

This is exactly why this community is so upset all the time. We give you TONS of feedback on really every single aspect of the game, but the only things DEVS seem to do is just nothing.

For us, making the listed improvements, has a massive effect on the enjoyment of the game and gameplay. It's not about rewriting code stuff to improve performance, since that is NOT the problem! The problem is that, in it's current shape and form, the retail aspect is lacking! You aren't going to fix that with just rewriting code to improve performance, no, you need to look into adding more depth/features when it comes to gameplay..

Please, tell us why the developers don't seem to understand that... giving feedback is simply useless because it seems like it simply doesn't matter anyway.

And I don't care if the EP is out and it's a case closed. I paid for the expansion already, so it's fair to make requests.. we are paying customers after all, and the developers know, just like all of us here that The Sims series is all about customer loyalty.

Whilst I too am disappointed that they won't seem to be adding any features into an already released expansion, making improvements to performance isn't just 'nothing', people always go to that conclusion when they don't get what they want it seems :\ It's these kinds of comments that make me not surprised that the SimGurus may not want to communicate with the fan-base at times.

That is the problem for some people, just because you don't face the problems other Simmers do does not conclude it's not a problem. Whether it's lacking is obviously dependent on the player, however, I personally do agree and wish they'd add just a couple of new features at least, whether it's a usable cash register or Sims eating in the Retail Store. Remember that this Pack has been released for almost a year, either way, unless they think that sales for Get To Work will rise enough to get them back the profits they spent on improving it, I feel it's doubtful they'd do so, it's tough but it's business and ultimately I doubt EA would risk it.

We've seen feedback matter, I believe it was thanks to user feedback that we got some content in Get Together such as the Dancing Skill and allot of content through other Packs and Patches as well. Remember that Maxis can't listen and prioritize then grant every wish, whim and want for this game.

You can't fix retail by making some improvements that make it more stable, since that is not the core of the problem.

There are issues, yes, but the biggest issue is retail is lacking depth/gameplay convenience. It's not something that is being discussed just right now, it is something the fanbase is requesting since the EP came out. But what did we get? Nothing.

So yes, it seems completely pointless to give them feedback about the gameplay, since it seems they aren't willing to change anything about it anyway, other than just some small coding to improve stability and bugs. I tell you: also that is needed, but it is NOT going to fix the core of the problem.

As for the bolded part: in the feedback post I posted, I posted a ton of feedback, also coding feedback (Less slacking etc.) So it doesn't really say I don't face any problems.

• Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Also it's too hard to actually sell objects. One day I had $-120 profit
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • TwylighteTwylighte Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Zakraffy said:
    > we want to run our clubs, restaurants, bakeries etc like it was in the sims 2.
    >
    > make sims actually browse more instead of standing around talking!
    >
    > make them use the cash register what's the point of it being there??
    >
    > bring back the ticket counter so we can charge sims to enter like in clubs.
    >
    > make it so you can select a shelf and select ALL items at once to be for sale and set price etc!
    >
    > make sims sit down and eat after buying something!
    >
    > make the items stay with sims when they buy them so when they get home you can place them around house!

I haven't played with the retail lot because I wanted to make a club/bar. Also I feel like I am neglecting my family, since it isn't open world, when I cant run a home business during the day. I am hoping they actually intended to make changes for this expansion in a real way and not tweak one or two things. I have hope....don't let it die lol
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'll upload later tonight.

The biggest thing I can think of though, making Retail count as a career to assigned Sims.
    Because I still have Sims who are in retail that get "Very Sad" they are unemployed and it's extremely frustrating having "Very Sad" sims while I'm trying to run a retail store.

This please!

And I would really like a business asporation with tasks like 'sell X amount of items' etc.

I'd also really love the register to be an option for checking out as well. It seems pointless having it there when you can't even buy stuff from it :(
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The original post stated that they wish to improve the gameplay we already have. Nowhere does it say they want ideas for new features to be added. If people misunderstood the post, that's on them, not the devs.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dannydanbo , you have to realize that people get off topic all the time in the forum pages, that is just how it is i guess, :).
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Sim customers in my retail shop don't use the bathroom when they have to, leaving puddles and stinky odors everywhere. That would help my game, IMO! Thanks Devs!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited April 2016
    I am sorry that I am not providing you with saved files.
    Well, I bought GTW, OR and GT.
    However I just love writing and want to make some suggestions.
    I have the GET TO WORK EP and I believe that I have played it for enough time to make suggestions.
    Long comment ALERT, btw!

If I may suggest to improve the retail system of TS4, could you please

1) create items such as clothes, accessories, groceries that are actually buyable, so that sims can actually buy them when they go shopping at a retail store? (You know, like in TS2)
    - Currently when my sims go to one of the shops in Magnolia Promenade, even though they want to buy clothes, the gameplay just moves to CAS when I click the mannequins. Besides, when I click a file of clothes item to buy, it is not clothes that I buy, but a file of clothes item, which is not really clothes for my sims to put on.

2) make it possible for the number of workers who work as a cashier or a bartender to correspond to the number of cash registers in shops, so that I can make a huge shopping mall consisting of so many small shops in it??
    - Currently when I build a place like a huge shopping mall and try to put different kinds of small shops in it (like a bakery, a tech shop, a coffee shop, a clothing shop and so on, all together), each of which has their own cash register, it doesn't work the way I expect it to do. Whenever I go to the shopping mall with my sims, there is always ONLY ONE cashier even though there are so many other cash registers without cashier throughout the mall. For me that is really unrealistic. It's like.. you go to a H&M chain in a certain department store and decide to buy the item, yet you can't find a cash register who will check out the item because she or he works with a cash register in a bakery over there. I may misunderstand the original purpose of GTW retail system, but I believe that sims shopping in a big shopping mall sounds just fun. And sorry to keep brining up the Sims 2 examples, but it was possible for me to make a place like a huge department store in the Sims 2 because no matter how many cash registers and beverage bars I put in one venue, there are just as many workers who don't move and stick to the cash registers and bar counters they are assigned to as the cash registers and bar counters. You know, when we go to a big shopping mall, there are so many different kinds of shops and chains compacted. And these shops and chains are all different stores which are owned by a number of different owners. I am not sure if I expressed my thought clearly due to the lack of my English writing skills, but I hope that making a huge shopping mall will be possible in the near future in the Sims 4.

3) make it possible for the sims I hire for my sims' retail stores NOT to goof around and work HARD all the time?
    - It is so annoying to see that the sims I recruit for running a retail store properly always get distracted by customers and music being played in the shop EVEN THOUGH I specifically assign them to certain job, mainly ringing up !!! And what is more annoying than that is that if I lay them off, they get super mad!! What the heck, are you serious, man? You didn't work hard, oh wait, YOU just DIDN'T WORK AT ALL so now I am firing you, and you get outraged? Because of all these freakishly lazy employees, I(my sims) end up doing all the work by myself(themselves). SO, what is the point of hiring employees when they are a bunch of useless workers?
    Just to let you know, this is not just my complaint. I've seen some people complaining about this problem on their blogs.

4) enable my sims to start their own home business?
    - COME ON... Please.. One of the things that I really enjoy playing with the sims 2 is THIS! Starting home business and neighbors coming to my sims' places to shop around. It's also like a garage or a yard sale.

If you read it up to this point,
    thank you for reading and giving me this wonderful chance to express my idea on the topic although this thread...was not really..asking for....... suggestions... LOL :smiley:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I understand simmers going off topic to "wish" for things they would like to see in the game. It's the disappointment they voice when told they only want to improve existing programming, not add to it as if they were lied to in the first place. The misunderstanding lies with the simmers, not the devs.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Fix the employee system. I keep telling my employees to ring up customers, but they ignore my sim's commands and play on their phone instead! Even the ones with maxed out social!!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I understand simmers going off topic to "wish" for things they would like to see in the game. It's the disappointment they voice when told they only want to improve existing programming, not add to it as if they were lied to in the first place. The misunderstanding lies with the simmers, not the devs.

Well if SimGuruDrake's post and SimGuruMegs' clarification aren't enough, I doubt anything will stop people now. ;)
    I don't really understand why people thought they were asking for ideas about retail, when it was rather clear they wanted our saves.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Dannydanbo You are right, but the reason for me doodling my wishes is just because I wanted to write about my wishes and doing it doesn't cause any harm. :) Oh and also I wanted some developers to listen to my voice about the game.
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    I know you've asked for save files, but I'm gonna save time and just tell you what I'd like :lol:

~ Actually having to go to the counter to buy products like Sims 2 OFB, because that was way better
    ~ shopping bags ! (theres already cc versions converted from Sims 2, but the real stuff would be better)
    ~ loyalty points like OFB
    ~ able to open a retail store at home would be so cool, because it's a pain travelling sometimes :sweat_smile:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • mallmarrmallmarr Posts: 57 Member
    > @sophtastic said:
    > I know you've asked for save files, but I'm gonna save time and just tell you what I'd like :lol:
    >
    > ~ Actually having to go to the counter to buy products like Sims 2 OFB, because that was way better
    > ~ shopping bags ! (theres already cc versions converted from Sims 2, but the real stuff would be better)
    > ~ loyalty points like OFB
    > ~ able to open a retail store at home would be so cool, because it's a pain travelling sometimes :sweat_smile:

this ^^ and I also would like to have option to set my own prices for each item. Especially for clothes :)
    gajb8dpzj3c5.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Only doing tweaks is lame the retail system current set up of chasing Sims around with a tablet is horrible there is nothing modern or fun about it. Of coarse I would have no saves using it because its just that bad I hope their telemetry can see that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    I think we should have the option to hire Sims to work in your Retail, ringing up customers, restocking, etc... Since we can already pay sims to show up in your shops and do nothing, that feature wouldn't be hard to implement, the base is already there. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top